Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

Your greatest fears for Kingdom Hearts 3

I really don't want the worlds to take too long either. One of the problems with open world games. It would be nice to have them a little bit longer than some of the past games, but I really don't wanna spend like 12 hours in one world for the main story line at least.

I agree with you, I’d have no issue with a plot around 2 hours to complete, being realistic with that guess, and the choice to explore afterwards. Also, I hope the plot doesn’t require you to constantly go on yourself, imagine for example a Deep Jungle experience on a KH3 scale, you’d spend hours going back and forth

The worlds being too big with too little happening in them. I like the way world visits usually balance gameplay and cutscenes.

I agree with you, I’d have no issue with a plot around 2 hours to complete, being realistic with that guess, and the choice to explore afterwards. Also, I hope the plot doesn’t require you to constantly go on yourself, imagine for example a Deep Jungle experience on a KH3 scale, you’d spend hours going back and forth

Deep Jungle was not designed to be the size of one of the worlds in KH3. It would probably have a few more shortcuts if it were much larger. Keep in mind the treesurfing minigame minimizes the time it takes to get from the Treehouse to the Camp.

Edited by Andrew Rowland

The thing I’m worried about is that it won’t live up to my expectations, and it definitely won’t. I’m afraid the key blade transformations and extra commands will take away from the base combat/combo system from the first two games. I’m also worried about how they will make the boss fights in this one, because DDD and BBS had VERY bad and forgettable bosses for the most part. So far I like how they’re approaching the level design a lot, but if it just ends up being a lot of open spaces with not much life in them I’ll be upset—and this has been a problem since KH2. I also don’t like some of the character models and how round their faces look—ex. Kairi, because she looks like a 10 year old now. Finally, I’m also worried about no FF characters and less classic disney worlds. I’ve never liked Pixar and I never expected them to be in a KH game, but I’m happy for the people that do like it. I was always far more interested in the KH original worlds because it felt more like a FF game and they were a lot more cool/interesting to engage in. Anyway I hate to rant and I’m sure it’ll be an amazing game and I’m so excited for it.

My wonder more than fear is just what terrible minigame are they going to have? All the Kingdom Hearts games have at least one godawful minigame that's incredibly annoying to complete, the Hundred Acre wood usually has a couple. If I have to listen to "It's a Small World" while shooting ice cream at ducks ONE MORE TIME...

Romance blossoming between any of the original characters. I am completely against Kairi developing a romance between either Sora, Riku, or anyone else, as well as towards her or any other character romances. I've said it before but the fact that Kingdom Hearts makes no attempt at some cliche romance aside from the Disney characters that always have had them is a great strength to the story.

My wonder more than fear is just what terrible minigame are they going to have? All the Kingdom Hearts games have at least one godawful minigame that's incredibly annoying to complete, the Hundred Acre wood usually has a couple. If I have to listen to "It's a Small World" while shooting ice cream at ducks ONE MORE TIME...

Romance blossoming between any of the original characters. I am completely against Kairi developing a romance between either Sora, Riku, or anyone else, as well as towards her or any other character romances. I've said it before but the fact that Kingdom Hearts makes no attempt at some cliche romance aside from the Disney characters that always have had them is a great strength to the story.

EVERY single time I hear Its a Small World, I always clap clap clap to the rhythm because of that darn mini game. While I have yet to play that game on a console, lets pray that we will NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER have to endure another mini game (or anything else like that) EVER again! :)

Aside from the above

which is a more valid worry due to Disney Town apparently confirmed to return through a leak

, here are my fears for Kingdom Hearts III:

- Not having all of/as many of the original actors from the original movies/previous games reprise their roles. Now of course, several have already been confirmed to return/not, those who're not are mostly due to either having passed away (R. Lee Ermy as Sarge; if only he could've returned for one last hurrah, if not for Toy Story 4, then at least for Kingdom Hearts III :( or because they don't do games and or anything outside of the movie(s) (i.e.Tom Hanks only ever voicing Woody in the movies (including short films), but NEVER for anything else :( or for an unknown reason (Hayden Panettiere wasn't even asked to return as Kairi :( Its this last reason that has me worried, for it Hayden wasn't asked back for whatever reason, then that means that it could happen to ANY other actor. The original actors originated and truly brought these characters to life. Having Wallace Shawn and John Ratzenberger return as Rex and Hamm truly made it feel like I am watching an actual Toy Story sequel and not just an adaptation of the Toy Story universe like pretty much all other Disney Worlds have been in the series. Its especially horrible if the regional actor doesn't return if they've played the character in literally EVERY single appearance aside from Kingdom Hearts ( the 1 time Tate Donovan did not return as Hercules in Kingdom Hearts 1, despite returning for all subsequent games) .If Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi do not return for Tangled's World, when they have ALWAYS voiced the characters in EVERY single thing involving them, then I will NEVER forgive Square/Disney, especially considering that Aerith in KH1 is Mandy's VERY first voice over role for Disney, LONG before she become Rapzunel, Sheriff Callie and Mara in Tron: Uprising, among Nita in Brother Bear 2, so let alone it being a horrible dishonour in not continuing playing her most iconic and well known character, it is also dishonourable miss in having her voice acting career for Disney come full circle.

- Related to the above, but also specifically, Corey Burton, or another voice actor as Master Xehanort and not sounding like and or not being equally good or better than Nimoy. While Corey Burton certainly sounds like Christopher Lee, his performance doesn't sound as natural or as impactful or meaningful, and sounds too much like an adaptation and imitation of Lee's original nice and portrayl and  NEVER has me feel like I'm with the true Diz/Ansem the Wise. Please pray that Xehanort and ALL other characters, whether they be Disney, Square or Original ALWAYS either keep their regional actor and or have an equally as good or better replacement that not on;y sounds like them but who also still has me feel like I'm with the character and like I am truly experiencing a new adventure and true sequel/story with them  :)

- If there are only 2 more Disney Worlds left to be revealed

If the World leak list that confirmed Frozen among most of the already confirmed Disney Worlds is true, then 100 Acre Wood and Disney Town are also confirmed, which will likely mean that they are the last Disney Worlds, aside from maybe 1 other Disney World that are left to be revealed. Personally, I feel like both are a bit of a waste to have in the game for the following reasons:

While it would be nice to have 100 Acre Wood return as a World for the reason that someone noted above in having a connection to 

χ and Maleficent's plot, and with that perhaps introducing the Baxon and other elements from the 2011 Winnie the Pooh and other Pooh movies like Lumpy, Pooh's story arc was wrapped up perfectly in KH2, and adding on more story to this World, at least at the end of The Xehanort Saga will be overdoing and ruining it, besides the fact that we already have a foresty World with Tangled, regardless of the different kinds of gameplay. As well, aside from the reason mentioned above for Disney Town, with the Classic KingdoM Mini Games (which by the way is basically Timeless River returning as a mini game World, as it involves that era's Mickey Mouse and other characters and settings), and a mini game in EVERY single World, theres not really a need for a full mini game World, with again, Classic Kingdom being more than pretty much a mini game World. It would also be especially horrible if they have these Worlds in replace of the return of Agrabah, among other better used Disney Worlds which is also another fear of mine, even though if it doesn't return then it means that they can do the Aladdin TV Series, which actually takes place between Return of Jafar and King of Theives, which they could also still do (along with the More Than a Peacock Princess Jasmine segment from Disney Princess Enchanted Tales Follow Your Dreams) even after doing King of Theives as they pretty much could still work even if placed after King of Thieves in the overall timeline

I will say though that if at least 100 Acre Wood is actually in the game, it SHOULD be revealed in time for Christopher Robin's August 3 2018 release :)

Edited by Riku21Terr

I think Kingdom Hearts 3 will be at least 4\5 star rating since they have started back when BBs was released.

I'm nervous about what's going to happen for Xhanort since the voice actor for Japanese and English had passed away.

If either Sora or Kairi die I would be extremely angry not only cause it would make me sad but if either of them dies it would seem like the developers just trying to be edgy and/or be motivation for other characters. It would just seem....a little off to me. I would not like Lea or Roxas dying either cause it already happened, with Lea "dying" like twice. The only characters I think would "fit" having a death would be Riku or any of the Wayfinder trio. Don't get me wrong, I would be upset about anyone dying, but those are the characters I feel would, I don't know, make more sense to die? Like it would fit in their character arcs or something?

I completely agree! I've actually had a suspicion that Riku might die in KH3 for a while now.

these two are one of my main concerns, nomura HAS to know that the love between sora and kairi that was always hinted at or very VERY subtle is something very special that he cant ruin now. It is so good because it is so believable and so well done but now I want it to be serious, I want a similar moment to that of Luna and tidus in the lake It would be perfect. The other main concern is that the story wont add up He promised us that this game would answer all questions and complete this saga and to think that there could be plot holes or anything that could not add up  in the end despite the fact that the man had Years and years timewould be painfull, really painfull.

That's literally my head canon. xD I would die of happiness if Sora and Kairi had a moment like Tidus and Yuna. :3