Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Wan_Pisu

What non-KH game would you like to see a movie of?

What non-KH game would you like to see a movie of?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What non-KH game would you like to see a movie of?

• Super Smash Bros
    • Uncharted! Relevant.
    • Runescape
    • NieR
    • Mario Kart
    • The Legend of Zelda
    • Pokémon
    • The Last of Us
    • Hatoful Boyfriend
    • GTA
    • World of Warcraft
    • God of War
    • More Final Fantasy
    • None.
    • Another game? Share below!

I'd like to see a Zelda movie and maybe another Final Fantasy movie... I'm a sucker for those movies except for Spirits Within xD. It'd be cool if Zelda was done in a similar animation to the Final Fantasy movies but with a good interesting story of course ^-^

hWhat abowt Fermin Simelatr?

I tell yoo hwhat, a fermin simelatr moovee wood be the dern tootnist thin sins the inventin of this here tractr.

Git 'r dun y'all

People who voted for Pokémon or Final Fantasy kind of wasted their votes. Or didn't learn from previous experience.

I'd actually like to see a Mario Kart movie. Wacky race shenanigans galore.

I think that the best videogames to adapt into movies are videogames that are story driven and that won't feel like your watching a videogame.  I think that "Tomb Raider" is a good example of this, and I think that videogames like "Uncharted" and "The Last of Us" could also be adapted well into movies.  However, instead of just adapting the plot of the game, I think that the movie adaptations should tell their own stories.  Not that adapting the plots of the games wouldn't work, I just think that telling new stories in the movie adaptations not only allows the people making the adaptations to make their movies without being restricted by what happens in the games but also makes it easier for them to make the movies feel like your watching more than just gameplay.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

I chose none, mainly because a lot of movies based on video games were mediocre at best. This doesn't mean that there can't be good adaptations, I just think it's often difficult, even with story-driven games since games are so much more than just a story. There are so many minor things which cannot be captured in a movie taking 1-2 hours. Be it small conversations, interesting side quests or such, I believe it's great to have them on their own.

However, movies can be a good thing if they are not aiming to retell the story of the game but expand upon it. For me, it often works better than just trying to copy a game because it provides something new. At the same time, people who haven't played the game will likely miss the context. If you look at Advent Children for example, the whole thing just makes a lot more sense after playing the associated games. Therefore it might not be as interesting for developers because the target audience may be smaller.

I personally think adaptations work best for horror games if they put some effort into it. A lot of horror games tell their story through in-game journals and the like which I find annoying since they drag you out of the tension. But in a movie, they could implement them more effectively. Not to mention that they are fairly short most of the time. The main issue I would have with movies trying to retell a game is that games often have a lot more tthan just 1 1/2 hours worth of content to them. Or barely any at all.

Either way, I'm fine without a movie for anything. It often feels like an obligation to watch them rather than an actual desire and while I cannot deny that I'd like to see more of the games I liked (for example most recently God of War), I also think movies often fail to meet expectations when a lot of different people are involved without consulting with the original developers. I tend to be skeptical overall, be it because of clashing styles, strange story-telling or just a pitiful attempt at a cheap cash-grab due to a popular name. I'm not trying to generalize or say every movie based on a game is absolutely bad but I have often seen examples which just failed to capture the atmosphere.

Pokemon is one of the exceptions for me because the games have almost no story to begin with. The characters are often bland and this way, a movie won't really destroy anything since they're just loosely based on the games. However, the Pokemon Special manga does a splendid job adding more to it.

I would still like to see that bioshock movie getting made aside from that world of warcraft has such a massiv and interesting universe though they tried to cram to much of it in the first movie every director should take note, look at MCU they took their sweet time and it all paid off.  Maybe one day is going to be someone that is like the quentin tarantino of videogame movies you know? someone who really loves videogames and spends his whole  career doing them justice.

I'd like to see a Zelda movie and maybe another Final Fantasy movie... I'm a sucker for those movies except for Spirits Within xD. It'd be cool if Zelda was done in a similar animation to the Final Fantasy movies but with a good interesting story of course ^-^

I couldn imagine that it would be anything but animated but is see a couple of problems. Will link talk? Despite how great zelda is its plot is mostly paper thin so how are you going to fill up a 1 1/2 hour long movie with what is basically "save the princess"

I think that the best videogames to adapt into movies are videogames that are story driven and that won't feel like your watching a videogame.  I think that "Tomb Raider" is a good example of this, and I think that videogames like "Uncharted" and "The Last of Us" could also be adapted well into movies.  However, instead of just adapting the plot of the game, I think that the movie adaptations should tell their own stories.  Not that adapting the plots of the games wouldn't work, I just think that telling new stories in the movie adaptations not only allows the people making the adaptations to make their movies without being restricted by what happens in the games but also makes it easier for them to make the movies feel like your watching more than just gameplay.

Exactly they are basically movies in videogame format so no one can really see the difference and more important the worst director cant screw it up

From the options above, a Nier movie might be cool. But what I REALLY want to see is a Persona 2 movie! I doubt it would happen, but still. I think it would work better compared to p3 movies, for example, since p2 is far more plot-heavy and linear compared to the later games. And I just love Persona 2 and want it to get more love.

It'd have to be done right of course,but a Legend of Zelda movie could be pretty cool,I'm not sure how they'd handle Link,whether he speaks or not,but I'd like to see that.It could be inspired by Ocarina of Time or any other game or it could just be an original story,anyway is fine with me.

I'd also like to see a Final Fantasy movie,a CG movie like Advent Children.A movie retelling FF2,3,4,6,8,9 or 10 would be ideal,we've seen enough of FF7 so let the other games shine,the other games could work too but it might not he as interesting