Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Overshot_

Square Enix Presents relased a KH3 SDCC 2018 Summary Video!

Square Enix Presents a new video today summarizing the details of the entire marketing campaign from the first Kingdom Hearts Orchestra to now at San Diego Comic Con 2018. Specific details included:

The video also included details on the Kingdom Hearts booth at SDCC 2018 that showcased:There was also special merchandise available for SDCC for those who are Square Enix Members. You can sign up to receive them. No Kingdom Hearts merchandise was mentioned.

You can view the video below:

Have you enjoyed the Kingdom Hearts III marketing campaign? Let us know!

Click here to view the article

Well what the hell? Nomura said that Big Hero 6 would be featured by the next convention appearance after E3.

He said next trailer I think and he wasn't sure about BH6 but we will see it likely appear next.

Well what the hell? Nomura said that Big Hero 6 would be featured by the next convention appearance after E3.

Didn't he just say that BH6 will likely be the next to be showcased? I don't think I ever heard of the next trailer appearing at the next convention it's going to be at or it wouldn't have been SDCC to begin with.

Another factor is that even if that was true, it depends on what you call an appearance. Offering the demo to be played but not doing much else can't be called an appearance to me since I'm always thinking of something similar as to standing on a stage with someone presenting the game/announcing something. That's how most appearances of KH3 were, except for SE Presents for example which was a stream but it was nonetheless a presentation aimed at givong an update. Even the ones which weren't disclosed to the public had some sort of formal presentation.

Another thing is, while thematically still appropriate, SDCC or any other convention before like Anime Expo/Japan Expo aren't gaming events or closely related to the publisher/developer. They surely could have presented something if they wanted to, but most trailers dropped at gaming conventions, D23, which belongs to Disney and therefore makes sense, or at the Orchestra, which is closely tied to the franchise.

I think we've been given a lot of new trailers last month. I don't see a reason to provide a new one every month just because the game has a release date now. Hardly any game gets that much exposition and they can't spoil everything. We're still 6 months away from release. That's plenty of time to give us more information at events which are more relegant to the gaming industry.

Nothing against SDCC, it certainly would have fit to have BH6 appear there, but it's still an event mostly targeted at comics and their adaptions. Games certainly have become a bigger part of conventions revolving around comics, anime/manga and Japan as a whole, but their presence is just one among many different aspects of pop culture.

In this case, I don't think any promises were made. Having a demo appear along with some opportunities for taking photos is not exactly uncommon and sometimes even done at the smallest events.