Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Forever Love

Roleplay The College Chronicles (1x1 with aoi hoshi)

“Some might,” Riku said twisting his lips, “but your return hasn’t been heavily publicized or anything. Not unless someone leaked the information.”

“But anyone who would have, we..defeated.” Sora added, though he supposed it was possible that even someone seemingly innocent could have too. If there was a good enough reward.

Naminé placed a hand on Kairi’s shoulder reassuringly. “Besides, no one has even looked back at us.”

Kairi glanced between her friends and saw Roxas nod in agreement. She smiled slightly, though it disappeared a second later. The only people that knew of her were the Restoration Committee, and they wouldn’t tell. Maybe she was in the clear. Even so, she learned to trust her gut, and she felt this lecture was going to get uncomfortable.

Edited by Forever Love

The professor then turned his attention to the students and quirked his mustache with a gleam of excitement in his eyes. "So, what do you think? Is monarchy good or bad? The Restoration Committee has advocated for the kingdom's heir to reclaim the throne, but is that right for this world? Is it oppressive or would such a sense of order be freeing for citizens?"

One boy near the front spoke up first. His tone was laced with disdain. "Monarchies are nothing but oppressive. They take from the people who starve and throw lavish parties for only the higher echelons."

"What we need are representatives, not royals," another girl piped in, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. 

Nodding thoughtfully, the professor grinned and stretched out his arms. "Anyone from the opposing side want to toss in their two cents? Debates are more fun that way, even if you're only playing the devil's advocate."

“I would,” Roxas said, leaning forward in his seat. He rested his elbows on the surface of the long table, briefly glancing over at Kairi. She seemed out of her comfort zone, which could be expected. “The last ruler of this world was Ansem, correct?” he began, looking back toward the professor. “I don’t know much of this world’s royalty, but whether he was or wasn’t, having a ruler isn’t exactly how others proclaim it to be. Not every ruler is going to throw lavish parties and only care for the elite. That’s in movies and novels, but considering this world’s history, I don’t think that would be the case at all.” He shrugged. “Whether the next heir to the throne—whoever he or she may be—is really royalty or not, can’t there be a royal who is also a representative? Or are some people so closed-minded that it isn’t believed to be possible?”

Kairi stared at Roxas in both horror and fascination. Where did all of that come from?!

Edited by Forever Love

Naminé blinked, eyes wide with shock. Of course she thought Roxas was smart, but...where in the worlds did he pick that up from?! She acknowledged his commentary with an encouraging smile. 

Sora cleared his throat and added, "Besides, royals have a lot of influence too, and there are plenty who do use that for good; princes and princesses that people listen to, to make the worlds better. I think it's actually a little unfair to pass that kind of judgement on someone before they even have a chance to prove themselves." 

The professor nodded again and chuckled. "Very good gentlemen. Any rebuttals from our anti-monarchists over here?"

Kairi found herself grasping Sora’s arm after he spoke, the girl looking up at him with surprised eyes. She knew he was talking about her...because he was, wasn’t he? Regardless, she appreciated his declaration on the subject. Roxas too, but she couldn’t reach him where she sat. Instead she squeezed Sora’s forearm in thanks. They made solid points.

Edited by Forever Love

Sora shot her a lopsided grin before leaning back in his seat. He knew, without a doubt, that Kairi would be an amazing ruler. She was kind, fair, and had zero tolerance for anyone who tried pushing her around. Admittedly, Sora did fear the day she did decide to reclaim the throne. He wanted what was best for her. What made her happy, but...the idea of never seeing Kairi on the islands again? It was hard to think about. Impossible really. The day Kairi had washed up on their shores was the best day of his life.

The same student near the front let out an audible 'Hmph' and turned back to his notes. Yet, the girl with the glasses seemed to pause and contemplate the idea for a second. She tilted her head slightly as she spoke. "That is a fair point. That system of government has and does work in other environments, but who's to say that Radiant Garden is one of them anymore? People have gotten relatively used to this way of life now. Wouldn't you worry about possible rebellion?"

Finally, Naminé spoke, her voice quiet but strong. "I think the people here have held tight to the legends of old. They believe in the full restoration of this world, and that includes a monarchy too."

"Those fairy tales you mean?" another boy mocked, "Are you serious? Those are just stories parents tell their children before bedtime."

“Fairytales to some, history to others,” Kairi found herself saying before she could stop herself. A few students turned to look back at her and her friends. She was fond of those “fairytales” because of her grandmother, but she wouldn’t admit that.

“You seem confident,” a girl said from a few rows down. “Almost like you know...”

“It’s all about what you believe,” Roxas declared, stepping in. “Fiction or history... it’s up to the audience in the end. I think it would be pretty cool to live under royalty. You don’t see much of it anymore.”

Edited by Forever Love

"Radiant Garden flourished under its monarchy," Naminé added her eyes flickering to a page of notes she had taken earlier in the week, "The records I've read saw an increase in economic prosperity and many advances in technology. The previous monarchs of the kingdom were even patrons of leading thinkers of the day. They built schools, hospitals, and areas of research for scientists..."

"More good points," the professor cheered. His voice became low then, eyebrows raised expectantly. As if his words were meant as some kind of test..."And what of the Princesses of Heart? This world once hosted such a creature devoid of darkness." He avoided Kairi's gaze as he said this, seemingly unwilling to bring any extra attention to the red head. "If someone who only understands light rules, what happens to the darkness? To those between? Will there still be balance?"

This professor was odd and not necessarily unkind, but Naminé found his questions to be more of an interrogation than an academic debate. Or was he simply giving them an opportunity to defend what they believed to be right for this world in front of a relatively hostile audience? What was his intent?

"If a Princess of Heart were to rule here," Sora said, "it would be a good thing. A lot of worlds already benefit from having someone with a pure heart watching over its people. No one's perfect, but each Princess has a connection to the worlds that no one else does and more compassion than most people wherever they are on the light or dark spectrum. Plus, if she's got good friends at her side, how could she or anyone for that matter really fail?"

Riku couldn't help himself. He snorted. Not because his friend's words were poorly spoken or untrue but because he found it crazy to think that his lazy bum of a friend had already become so mature. "I agree," Riku added once he was able to school his features again. 

Kairi looked at Sora and Riku in awe. How lucky she was to have best friends like them. Could they be any more complimentary? She had the urge to grasp Sora's hand, but she fought it. The professor was acting quite odd when he asked the question. Even so, Kairi felt a bit off-kilter at even the mention of the Princesses. She thought no one knew of them--of her. Was this a new discovery? Quite frankly, she hadn't known about any of this until she was deemed a Princess herself. How could Radiant Garden's citizens know of--and believe in--them so quickly?

"Me too," Roxas confirmed with a nod. He and his friends had Kairi's back, not that anyone in this classroom knew that. Besides, "Princess of Heart" was a pretty positive title. How could anyone expect anything ugly of a princess, and that of heart as well? A few students were still skeptical, but they didn't know the truth and how much power Kairi really had. They might not ever find out, either. That was up to Kairi.

"Same here," Naminé said, but, before anyone else could comment, class was over. The blonde noticed her best friend's distraught expression as they gathered their things to leave. She could only imagine what was going through Kairi's head. Her title was meant to be top secret, so even the discussion of the Princesses must have been unnerving. Ansem the Wise's journals had become more available in the academic sphere since Xehanort's defeat, but did that include mention of the Princess' or was this knowledge based on myth?

Sora followed Kairi out of the auditorium closely. He read her fear clearly. Once they were back outside, Sora gently caught her by the elbow. "Hey, you okay?"

Kairi kept her grasp on her bag over her shoulder, though it bumped into her leg when Sora stopped her. She turned to face him a little. A few students stared at them as they passed, but otherwise left them alone. At the question, she looked at Sora for a moment. Was she okay? "...I'm fine," she murmured, glancing to the side. Of course, that was a lie. But she didn't want to show weakness. Sora deserved someone better than that...

Sora shook his head, eyes soft. "C'mon, let's go walk through the arboretum and talk for a minute. I don't have class for at least an another hour." Seeing Kairi hurt in any capacity, made his heart ache. Made him want to help however he could. 

Edited by aoi hoshi

Kairi gazed at Sora for a moment. She recognized that look--it was the look he often wore when he wanted to rescue her from anything and everything that could possibly hurt her. She hated to see it, because she despised ever putting him in that position. Kairi glanced over in Namine's direction, seeing Roxas and Riku too. Roxas nodded slightly when he caught on, though he then put his hand on Namine's back to bring her with him. She guessed she was going for that walk. Then again, she would take any alone time with Sora she could get.

The leaves of the trees in the arboretum were lush green and as a breeze passed through, a few swayed onto the freshly mowed grass. Sora caught one of the leaves midair as they walked, briefly examining the small bug-sized holes before letting it drop onto the ground. "So," he finally said after a moment's silence, "are you really okay? You seemed a little...nervous with today's discussion."

Kairi smiled weakly, eyes falling from Sora's face to the path they walked. "Could see right through me, huh?" she replied. She should have known--Sora knew her best. She avoided answering the question directly, which he would probably realize quickly. How did she tell him about the feelings that lingered from the lecture? There were so many... Dread, anxiousness, a bit of excitement too...but there was frustration. Who told the people here about the Princesses of Heart?

Sora scratched his cheek shyly. "Yeah, but...I know it's the same with me too." Kairi could read him like an open book no matter how hard he tried to hide his feelings. It was like their destinies had been intertwined even without the paopu fruit. He coughed then, refocusing. "But what they said back there. About the princesses. I don't think you have to worry. Even if people know what a Princess of Heart is, no one knows it's you." Except maybe the professor. But Sora didn't want to give voice to the thought. If the professor had wanted to out Kairi, wouldn't he have done it already?

"But what if they find out somehow?" Kairi asked, the worry laced in her voice. She tucked some of her ruby red hair behind her ear at a faint breeze. "Sora..." She stopped their walk near a tree, grasping his wrist. "Sora, what if someone realizes it's me?" Kairi's tone was hushed with fear. "What if they tell? What if someone somewhere comes after me again? And then I have to run and hide and..." She trailed off, her fingers tight on his wrist. She couldn't deal with this again. She just wanted to be Kairi! Not a Princess!

Gently, Sora grabbed onto her shoulders; their gazes locked. "Kairi, I promise that whatever happens, we'll face it together. You and me." Sora's eyes widened at the realization of his own words, his cheeks bursting into a bright red hue as he quickly corrected himself. "A-And the others of course. Not just...me." Even though, of course, he pictured t being just the two of them when he had said it. Not because he didn't think the others didn't care, but...Kairi was special to him. The girl he treasured...

Kairi closed her eyes and took in the warmth of Sora's hands on her shoulders. She nodded a little, but the expression she wore gave her thoughts away; she was still scared. She lifted a hand and held one of his forearms close to her, feeling his skin on hers. Sora had a way of comforting her like no one else. She would always appreciate him for that, but of course she treasured him for other reasons. He was Sora, after all.

Sora frowned seeing her expression but then smiled as he drew her into a hug. “I promise,” he repeated again, his voice a whisper, “You’ll be okay.”

Kairi was startled at first by the sudden embrace, but she quickly took advantage of this moment. She wrapped her arms around Sora in return, her face in his shoulder. His whisper sent her heart in a tizzy, but the words themselves comforted it as well. He never broke a promise. If he swore it would be alright, then it would be. She clung to him a little more. “Thank you,” she mumbled into his shoulder. Her best friend... He would keep her safe.

They stayed like that for a moment. Their moment of bliss. Their sanctuary. The students passing by stared and a few girls giggled at the sight, but Sora kept his grip tight. Her ruby strands that were like silk tickled his cheek. When Sora finally released her, he looked down at her with a goofy grin and tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear. "Anything for you, Kairi. You and Riku are my best friends."

Kairi felt so many things at that moment. First, she was dumbstruck by the look on Sora’s face; he was so handsome and genuine. Second, she was still at the way he tucked her hair. Had he ever done that before? No...not once. Until now. His fingertips over her cheek sent chills down her spine. And then his words, another promise. It made her smile. But, she couldn’t help but feel a little...sad, at how he said best friend. Granted, she had just thought the same thing. But she had wanted to be more than that with him for so long.

Looking at the time on his phone, Sora sighed a little. His next class would be soon. “I gotta start heading to my next class, but are you going to be okay?” He didn’t like the thought of leaving Kairi alone. She was strong, but he was weak that way. Cherished her too much some days. His hearted pounded out another feeling, but Sora inwardly shook his head. Not now.