Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
rhys0126

What if KH4 ditched Disney lol

It'd be interesting, but I somewhat believe that Disney has already got too much deep into KH for it to exist without it now. Considering that Mickey, Donald and Goofy are kind of "secundary" protagonists, KH4 couldn't go on that well without them.

But yeah, without Disney, KH could go really well if the relation wasn't as deep as it is now. I've had that thought myself once xD

They had a discussion on the matter sometime last year or even earlier. Disney owns full copyright to the series, and all content save for external use fo Final Fantasy characters. This includes original characters. This is where the whole Copyright by Disney and developed by Square Enix comes from.

Some recent merchandize even goes as far as ditching Square from the official Kingdom Hearts logo. 

Hope this answers the question, it's more likely Disney continues the series on their own should Disney and Square ever part ways. But, as most things Disney, the company is only interested in the series as long as it wields enough profit. 

Recent Disney Parks collaborations and talks to bring KH to the parks is certainly tied to the spike in popularity tied to KH3. I'm curious to see where Disney takes the promotion and merchandize in case KH3 is a huge hit, which I hope it will be.

Well for one thing Disney owns a major part of the title, do I doubt Square Enix would ditch them. If fact, it's more likely to be the other way around, with Disney ditching Squire Enix considering how things are going since Disney is the bigger company. And I personally would not ditch the Disney part cause that's were a lot of the charm of the series comes from and Mickey, Donald, and Goofy are pretty major characters that appear quite regularly with two of them always in your party. And I would not trade that for anything. It's fine as it is.

But by removing Disney, you lose a vital part of what makes Kingdom Hearts what it is, ya know? True, there are enough original worlds and characters for the series to stand on its own without Disney, but that's just the thing! The universe of the series ties in so well with the Disney worlds that it'd be weird not to have them in the series, ya know? So no, I don't think Disney should be outed from the franchise!

Disney might also might want to go the PG-13 route or at least not have so much censorship in later releases like it did with the American release of

https://media.giphy.com/media/SdYnnxQ30OahG/giphy.gif

Seriously, why would they? Sales may as well plummet harder than Dragon Ball Evolution’s box office.

Tetsuya Nomura could benefit with having another director or two on board to help him with the Square Enix and Disney development.  Final Fantasy is known for being more aimed at teenagers while Disney is more kid/family friendly, mixing those seems pretty difficult most of the time.  I would love to see more Final Fantasy and more classical Disney worlds in the games.

I mean, the two could play off of each other more so since Disney focused on family hence why they are infamous for the missing parent trope.  Though I do worry about their family friendly image and Nomura's mismanagement of the Disney worlds wrecking them.   I didn't feel like he handled Quasimodo, Frollo, Phoebus or Esmeralda very well.  So, maybe cutting the Disney aspect might be a pro since there are people bellyaching about Nomura's handling Disney worlds and characters.