Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The-Gathering

KH3 wish: Skip Boss after repeat failure

In no way in hell should this even be an option or even warrant consideration. You learn, you adjust, and you try again to earn your way to beating a boss. This is how you ruin a good thing and ruin value. You aren’t just given a pass because of your struggles. Figure it out and earn it. Nothing in this world is for free despite what some may say and it isn’t that way with games either and their boss fights.

Yeah, no. The whole point of the boss fights is to challenge the player. If you can just skip it, then there's no challenge. If you're having too much trouble with a boss, then you need to go back and grind, figure out what about the boss is giving you trouble and find a way to counter it, or lower the difficulty if it's too hard for you. Most of the story bosses aren't too difficult for players to defeat, it's usually the endgame or secret bosses that are too challenging. But even then, they always have something you can use to make the fight easier on yourself. Like someone above said with Demyx, use wisdom form and Fire/Fira/Firaga to deal with his clones. The actual fight itself isn't that difficult. But if you just skip the fight, then there's no point playing the game, you might as well just watch someone play it on youtube.

I remember as a 10 year old kid not understanding the game aspects at all, I got to Demyx with the Kingdom Key and zero abilities and getting destroyed by the 10 second time frame for ages. Then I realised I was being moronic and exported the features, plus as a rule of thumb I will always grind 10 levels on my opening world before progressing and then from there 3/5 levels per world. It allowed me more to focus on the plot and have an enjoyable time. The skip feature seems cheap, especially to those who grind and adapt their character, plus how what would you do on secret bosses? Also the Mickey gimmick was pretty cool, it was totally unexpected when it first appeared and it genuinely gave you a helping hand in the boss. 

I would never want that in any game ever,but hey if it's only available in like easy mode then sure why not,as long as it's not intrusive like the firetrucking pig in Donkey Kong Country Returns or the thing in Super Mario 3D Land

I can see what you mean to go with this idea, but I personally would not welcome such a feature.

The thrill of the KH games, aside from its story of course, is the challenge, that lies within the boss fights that pepper the game! The challenge is what makes the triumph over it feel  immensely rewarding when you beat said bosses! Not only does it give you a sense of accomplishment, but it also makes you realize how difficult the threats are, and in the case of the Organization, the fact that they are in this endgame means they'll probably be really hard bosses, which is what I hope.

But no, I wouldn't welcome a boss skipping feature, ya know?

I can completely understand your pain. There are times were I wished I could skip bosses (if this were an option when I was battling Demyx when I was younger I would have gladly taken it since I never got past him until I got older and it was frustrating), but yeah its an RPG so you kinda need to do the bosses. Maybe some could be optional (which they already do with the secret bosses), but the main story bosses are needed. And don't forget you can start with beginner/standard mode if you wanna focus more on story and exploring then being frustrated on bosses. There is nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with you if you choose to do so. I'm personally playing the game to have fun anyway.

I know your frustration.  To this day, I've never beaten KH Re: Com because I never finished Sora's story.  Repliku or Riku Replica kept handing my butt on a silver platter after the third encounter.  People kept telling me that Larxene was much more grueling than him.  I couldn't lay a finger on him because every time I did.  He kept smacking and whacking me so I just had to fly or run away.  Repliku also kept breaking my cards because I kept running out.

Yeah, I despise Re:Com!  Anyways, the only reason I know what happened was because of Youtube.  I just wanted to find out what happened, plus it's not like people don't spoil with playthroughs all ready.  I will say this though I did manage to beat Sephiroth in KH2 but it was in 2.5 and it was because of Sora's Limit Form.

I feel like we're beating up a dead horse here by now, but it doesn't make sense to be able to skip bosses in Kingdom Hearts games

Imagine if you were able to skip Lingering Will in KH2FM, and get the crown without fighting him at all. It wouldn't feel as accomplishing as if you actually did beat him, right? (inb4 people mention the Fenrir loop, no it's not as accomplishing) 

I would never want that in any game ever,but hey if it's only available in like easy mode then sure why not,as long as it's not intrusive like the firetrucking pig in Donkey Kong Country Returns or the thing in Super Mario 3D Land

the bossfights are one of the core elements of kingdom hearts! Its like putting a auto focus cheat option in shooter games

just play on beginner

KH is an action game, asking to skip it is like skipping the jumping in a mario game

Don't you mean play on Proud Mode because you can't get the secret ending on Beginner mode?  I've beaten KH1 on Standard mode and had to go through all the trouble of completing Jiminy's journey.  Granted it was more tolerable than KH2's.

the bossfights are one of the core elements of kingdom hearts! Its like putting a auto focus cheat option in shooter games

Well in Mario games they allow you to skip levels and platforming is the core of Mario games,if a kid is having trouble and wants to skip a boss,why not give him the option in easy mode,it won't ruin OUR expirence of KH3 so I don't see the problem.

Do not misunderstand me,I don't need this feature,I'll play KH3 on critical in my first playthough if it's available,but some people don't see games the same way we do,they didn't grew up with unforgiving games like Castlevania 1 or Super Mario Bros on NES and they don't like losing too much.Video games are about having a good time,so if skipping a boss can make them happy without ruining MY expirience with the game,then it's fine by me

Well in Mario games they allow you to skip levels

If you're talking about optional levels, then i don't think that's anywhere near the same level as skipping story important boss fights.

If your talking about the invincibility powerups that a few mario games have, then you still have to do the actual platforming and complete the level, you can still die via pits and lava (this would be closer to mickey helping you in kh2).

There is no justifying the casualization of a game to the point where the gameplay it'self is not necessary. At that point your just making an interactive movie.

If you're talking about optional levels, then i don't think that's anywhere near the same level as skipping story important boss fights.

If your talking about the invincibility powerups that a few mario games have, then you still have to do the actual platforming and complete the level, you can still die via pits and lava (this would be closer to mickey helping you in kh2).

There is no justifying the casualization of a game to the point where the gameplay it'self is not necessary. At that point your just making an interactive movie.

In many 2D Mario games you can skip entire WORLDS including bosses and still beat the game,Super Mario Bros 3 had the cloud item on the overworld to allow you to pass through a level you can't beat and I believe in Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2 if you died too many times a Rosalina would show up and beat the level for you.In Super Mario 3D Land if you die too many times a P-wing will appear and teleport you next to the flagpole,skipping the entire level.

They would still play the game,but only skipping a few bosses they find too difficult

secret paths with big rewards =/= skipping bosses

You can return to bosses you didn't beat initially in mario 3.

Unless they let us refight all bosses in kh3 then it isn't really a fair comparison.

Also that p wing is crap and they should feel bad for putting that in imo.