Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
kingdomhearts45

Nintendo Dream Team! (Roleplay Thread)

Luigi is currently poking Lute on the cheek, seeing if she will wake up. 

Meanwhile, with the group seeing that the entrance to the castle undergrounds is opened (as soon as Lute wakes up and Pit is caught up), they venture into the unknown location...

As they head further into the undergrounds, which is surprsingly lit up from the lights above, there is another torch that was once red, but has now turned purple. The bright violet eyes are present once more. 

“Look alive, fellow tresspassers...” Smoldergiest says in his ghostly tone. 

“Look well at this straight pathway.” 

The purple ghost is referring to the surprisingly simple stone bridge leading to the next platform. 

“Simple and sturdy it looks, yes?”

Mario and Luigi nod at the spirit.

”That it does...And you would be FOOLED! Avert your eyes again.”

As the group looks back at the bridge and suddenly...The middle section of the stone bridge is gone. Only the beginning half and the end half, but the majority of that stone bridge is gone. The Mario Bros., Peach, and Toadsworth all look surprised. 

“What-WHAT!?” Toadsworth exclaims. 

“It fell!” Peach exclaims. 

“Yes, yes indeed it fell! How to get across? Hmm. This solution is yours to find out. Ah. I must mention. This very bridge has...Limitations upon you. I leave it to you to find out yourselves...”

The Smoldergiest fire turns back into red fire. The party now has a stone bridge that has the middle portion, which is the main part to cross over, gone. And down below...Are the familar sounds of some monsters. A few sound new.

A little peculiar that you didn’t hear it crumble...

Tiki starts to smile at the rather simple obstical, thn she began to laugh. “Why do you act like its so dangerous?” She keeps laughing as she takes hold of the dragon stone and steps forward. She holds it out infront of her and by what happenex next may shock the others. From the girls form a light radiated and enveloped. When the light died down a dragon stood in her place. “Easy peasy” the dragon said in Tiki’s voice.

Lute, having recovered from her shock, followed the others. Upon seeing the ghost she folded her arms and watched Tiki transform. She knew what Tiki was, and what she could do, nothing about her transformation surprised her

Gripping Link's hand and pulling himself up, Pit thanked the hylian before following the others deeper into the cave. Everything proceeded smoothly, until the first obstacle appeared. The gap of the collapsed bridge was far too long for his instant Power of Flight to be of use, and whether or not his wings were ready for the standard form was a mystery. What to do what to do..

From the corner of his eye, Pit saw a bright light shining briefly, and the angel rapidly turned around only to see a large dragon standing in front of the others and the little girl was nowhere in sight. And this dragon.. could also speak..? The voice was familiar.. and Tiki was nowhere to be seen...

Oh!

"What the- Tiki?!" Pit exclaimed, staring with wide eyes and great shock at the girl-turned dragon.

Link nodded to Pit's thanks and followed the winged warrior after the others. He diverted slightly in order to com along side Zelda. The look on the hero's face when the broken bridge was revealed was not shock, but the clear tired look of "of course it's broken". It was okay. It was a puzzle to solve. He had done this many, many times before. He turned to examine the walls to estimate if he could climb around the room to get to the other side. That wouldn't help the others, but there might be some sort of switch that fixed the bridge other there.

Part way through his mental arithmetic, Link noticed a light shine behind him. He turned in time to see Tiki's dragon form come out of the glow. He was reaching for his sword when she spoke, causing him to stop. So, Tiki could turn into a dragon? What else could his new companions do? Maybe the man in the red hat could turn into some sort of feline monster. Who knew with these people!

Still, flying across did seem better than trying to climb. Maybe with Pit, they could carry everyone over. But something the ghost said echoed in his head. Limitations...

"Careful." He called out to Tiki. "Flying may be against the bridge's rules." 

“Rules? Why would there be rules to crossing a bridge?” The dragon turned and looked at Link, its head slightlycocked. Tiki seemed genuinly confused About the statement

Lute crossed her arms. “I was worried about that too.... what sort of Limitations have been placed upon us.... i assume it has something to do with overcoming weakness or patching a flaw

17 hours ago, HeartOfFerria said:

“Rules? Why would there be rules to crossing a bridge?” The dragon turned and looked at Link, its head slightlycocked. Tiki seemed genuinly confused About the statement

Lute crossed her arms. “I was worried about that too.... what sort of Limitations have been placed upon us.... i assume it has something to do with overcoming weakness or patching a flaw

“Yes, I was thinking the same thing...” Zelda says. “The flame ghost’s words still ring in my head...Peach? Any ideas? Peach?”

Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toadsworth’s mouths would be jaw dropped. The look of disbelief and shock is very apparant on their faces. Their eyes would as wide as humany possible. “Um...Uh oh...” Zelda turns back to Link and Lute. “I think they’re in shock.”

”....WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?” Toadsworth loudly exclaims. “WHA-WHA-WHA-WHAT IS THIS POPPYCOCK NONSENSE!? PRINCESS! ARE YOU OKAY!?” 

Peach snaps out of her shocked state. “O-Oh, um...Well...I-I-I knew that Tiki was a dragon...I-I just never thought she would be so...Well....Big.” She says. 

Mario and Luigi are just staring at the creature that used to be a little girl. 

"Oh my gosh.... Is Tiki a dragon type?! How's that even possible?!" Leaf was very shocked as she saw a dragon who is happen to be Tiki. How come a little girl can transform into a dragon type pokemon? Is she even a pokemon or a human at all? The trainer had so many questions to ask. "How many worlds is there?! There's No way a human can ever transform into a Pokemon!" She then stopped and realized something. (well, besides Bill with that machine of his if i remember correctly.) She thought.

Taking his gaze off of Tiki for a moment, Pit walked up to the edge of the broken bridge, also picking up a stone along the way. He had a good idea as to what happened to the bridge, it was only a matter of testing if it's true. Perhaps the flame didn't actually destroy the bridge, and was merely using an old trick to fool the party.

"Please be fake, please be fake, please be fake," The angel chanted to himself as he threw the stone away, out to the chasm ahead.

Tiki spread her wings and began to flap them, The wind picked up by her actions was tremendous. she then slowly began to take to the air. "This will be easy!" 

Lute watched from the sidelines. "Kinda wish i picked up a wind tome... that would be useful..."

The stone Pit threw...It went onto the empty space. But...It stayed there. As if there was actual ground. But before anyone could comprehend it, Tiki began to take in the air and fly.

Tiki: She would feel a tremendous increase in gravity. An intense weight pulling her downwards. She would be brought down,forcefully landing on the beginning half of the bridge with her head facing the dark abyss below with sounds of monsters. The stone Pit threw had fallen down to the bottom.

….And then the monsters' growling became louder. Maaaaaaaaaybe the stone hit one of them on the head...

Pit gasped after seeing the stone remain suspended in the air, however Tiki's crash caused him to lose balance and fall on his butt, losing sight of the stone. He quickly regained his bearings and looked to the chasm again, but was unable to spot the stone. No matter, he already had this figured out.

"Guys! I think I know how to cross this bridge!" The angel excitedly shouted back to his companions, "It didn't actually collapse, the flame just made it invisible! If we walk across it like a normal bridge without using any powers, we should be able to get to the other side."

Link made a face as he saw Tiki's flight cart short. He had hoped his suspension was wrong about the bridge's game, but it turned out to be right. So, back to the climbing idea. He turned back around and was trying his calculations again when Pit exclaimed his discovery. Link frowned and walked over to the "broken' bridge. Drawing his sword, he tapped at the hopefully invisible bridge. It seemed too easy, but that's the kind of trick a trial would go for. 

"Well, this isn't good.." Leaf then wonders how can they passed through the bridge now that it collapsed. However, after hearing that the bridge is actually hopefully invisible. Although it seems to easy but also a bit tricky to find a right path. She began to worried as she crosses her arms. "Are you sure it's safe to cross through, Pit?" She asked.

Lute stepped forward. “Well... we do have these coins we could use for more experimentation. Although their value may notbe worth the loss. Anything else we could use to create easily visible markers?” 

Tiki reverted to her more humanoid form and kept backing away from the chasm.

"Yeah it is. Just, ah, don't do anything that might make it disappear," Pit replied to Leaf's inquiry. That most likely included no flying from him or Tiki, no magic from Lute, no special abilities that Link and Zelda might have and (to his inmediate dismay) most likely no special tricks from the Mario Bros.

Did bringing Pókemon out count as cheating? Most likely yes, but he hoped that part was exempt. 

Regarding Lute's suggestion, Pit looked around and proceeded to gather as many small stones as he could, returning to the edge of the bridge and to Link's side holding many a stone in his arms.

On 11/10/2018 at 8:23 PM, rikunobodyxiii said:

Link made a face as he saw Tiki's flight cart short. He had hoped his suspension was wrong about the bridge's game, but it turned out to be right. So, back to the climbing idea. He turned back around and was trying his calculations again when Pit exclaimed his discovery. Link frowned and walked over to the "broken' bridge. Drawing his sword, he tapped at the hopefully invisible bridge. It seemed too easy, but that's the kind of trick a trial would go for. 

Link’s sword would only touched air as the tip of the sword felt nothing. But Pit’s rock landed on the air with nothing below it. 

“Link’s sword did not interact with anything, yet the stone sits in the air. How mysterious...” Zelda states. 

“Hmm...” Toadsworth began stroking his beard in thought. “I have but a theory. Perhaps the bridge did not only crumble, but alternated pathways as well not seen by our eyes. Look here.” Toadsworth walked foward and moved his cane over the edge of the visible part of the bridge that broke off. “Nothing is here...” Toadsworth moved his cane a little farther. A tap on the surface can be heard echoing in the empty setting. “But something is here.”

Selective crumbling. How nice. Link gave the invisible bridge a sour look. Still, it was a way forward.

"Sound out a path or follow carefully behind someone else." He called out.

He walked over to Toadsworth, gave him a nod, then jumped for the bridge piece the mustached Toad had found. If he got good footing, he would try to find the next piece with his sword.

Well that complicated things slightly, but at least now him and the others had an even better idea as to what was going on. He could use the stones as markers for where to step and where not to, serving as a wayfinder for the others in a way. 

And oh hey, Link has already stepped in a.. steppable spot on the bridge, which meant that it was very much OK to begin crossing it. He too hopped over to where Link stood, and then threw a stone forward again to determine the next spot the group could step on.

Leaf gulps as she follows the groups, stepping on the invisible floor carefully.  The young trainer was scared, one wrong step and it's game over for her. (i know I'm a champion and all and i should be tough too, but.... this is all new for me. Even if i use my pokemon, it would be game over for all of us..) she thought.

Tiki nervously looked at Peach, after nearly falling she was rather afraid of thr chasm. She grabbed hold of the princess’ hand

Lute followed Leaf. She was quiet and didnt say much about the descision, seemingly deciding it would be best to just follow along.

(FINALLY! WE SHALL CONTINUE!)

On 12/4/2018 at 10:34 AM, HeartOfFerria said:

Tiki nervously looked at Peach, after nearly falling she was rather afraid of thr chasm. She grabbed hold of the princess’ hand

Lute followed Leaf. She was quiet and didnt say much about the descision, seemingly deciding it would be best to just follow along.

Peach looked behind her and held Tiki’s hand as well. She gave her a pleasent smile despite their current situation. 

On 11/27/2018 at 1:54 PM, Awesome Sauce said:

Well that complicated things slightly, but at least now him and the others had an even better idea as to what was going on. He could use the stones as markers for where to step and where not to, serving as a wayfinder for the others in a way. 

And oh hey, Link has already stepped in a.. steppable spot on the bridge, which meant that it was very much OK to begin crossing it. He too hopped over to where Link stood, and then threw a stone forward again to determine the next spot the group could step on.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:13 PM, rikunobodyxiii said:

Selective crumbling. How nice. Link gave the invisible bridge a sour look. Still, it was a way forward.

"Sound out a path or follow carefully behind someone else." He called out.

He walked over to Toadsworth, gave him a nod, then jumped for the bridge piece the mustached Toad had found. If he got good footing, he would try to find the next piece with his sword.

Both Pit’s stone and Link’s sword touched firm ground as they walked forward. They continue this for the next few steps, until the invisible obsticle presented another challenge with only five regular steps away from the other side. There wasn’t a full space of ground anymore, but rather...A thin one. Like a tight rope. If Pit threw a stone, it would be wobbling from side to side before falling off and angering the grumbling monsters below. “Mama Mia...” Luigi exclaimed. 

“It looks like we’re going to have to keep our balance for this one.” Peach comments. 

“Does anyone have an idea of how we can accomplish this in a creative way?” Zelda said aloud. 

A thin platform.. This made things more complicated. What to do, what to do..

"We could all try to cross it one at a time while keeping our balance.. but that could take a really long time. Maybe we could.. nah. I dunno really.. Unless..."

"Hey, is anyone here strong enough to carry people? I got an idea, but I need to know if there's at least one person that can throw good first." Pit asked, glancing over at the group.

Edited by Awesome Sauce