Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
AwesomeKHfan

Why are people...

Yeah I don't understand too. Yen Sid clearly told that Mickey didn't have a choice. 

He had to close the door to darkness for the good of all worlds, so he couldn't go back to her unfortunately. And after that, he had to search for a way out or he would be trapped there forever for sure.  

It's probably more for the memes then anything ("Mickey, your TOO LATE!"). But yeah, Mickey is really being blamed for this. Not to mention, Aqua is old enough to make her own choices and is a MASTER. It's not like she was a student or someone Mickey was looking after. He knew that (at least at that moment) she could handle herself over the boy who is more or or less a newbie that was taken over by darkness not that long ago. So he prioritized that. And a lot of stuff happened after that.

Now, he probably should have mentioned this to Riku sooner, but that's probably because they only had just came up with that plot element for 0.2. :P

It's probably more for the memes then anything ("Mickey, your TOO LATE!"). But yeah, Mickey is really being blamed for this. Not to mention, Aqua is old enough to make her own choices and is a MASTER. It's not like she was a student or someone Mickey was looking after. He knew that (at least at that moment) she could handle herself over the boy who is more or or less a newbie that was taken over by darkness not that long ago. So he prioritized that. And a lot of stuff happened after that.

Now, he probably should have mentioned this to Riku sooner, but that's probably because they only had just came up with that plot element for 0.2. :P

correct if it was KH1 sora who was left behind than I would view this differently but the fact is in war there will be victims and there were just a whole lot of more important things to do

I don't get it either.  It's not King Mickey willingly left Aqua there.  While fighting the Demon Tide, she disappeared back through the door they entered through, which then vanished.  So, even if he wanted to, he had no way to chase after her.  True, he could have searched for her after he and Sora locked the Door to Darkness.  However, he chose to stick with Riku, and it's a good thing he did because he ended up saving Riku from the darkness many times in Castle Oblivion.  Without King Mickey, Riku may have been lost to darkness again.  In addition, Master Yen Sid explained that, even if they found a way back into the Realm of Darkness, none of them possessed the necessary means to get Aqua back out safely.  Because of that, Master Yen Sid not only forbade King Mickey from telling anyone about what she did but also forbade him from going after her.

Seriously, did these people forget what Aqua said? After seeing the Demon Tide was about to attack Riku (KH1 Riku) Aqua jump right in front of the Demon Tide and said to Mickey "GO WITHOUT ME!" Aqua explicitly told Mickey to go without her and shut Kingdom Hearts while she handles the Demon Tide. Aqua made her choice to fight it alone because she knew Mickey had to help Sora close Kingdom Hearts. Mickey however didn't want to leave Aqua and he really wanted to help her but the Demon Tide dragged Aqua back into the Realm of Darkness. After that it was too late and Mickey had no choice to but accept Aqua's choice and shut the door to Kingdom Hearts along with Sora. Mickey didn't left her.

Seriously, did these people forget what Aqua said? After seeing the Demon Tide was about to attack Riku (KH1 Riku) Aqua jump right in front of the Demon Tide and said to Mickey "GO WITHOUT ME!" Aqua explicitly told Mickey to go without her and shut Kingdom Hearts while she handles the Demon Tide. Aqua made her choice to fight it alone because she knew Mickey had to help Sora close Kingdom Hearts. Mickey however didn't want to leave Aqua and he really wanted to help her but the Demon Tide dragged Aqua back into the Realm of Darkness. After that it was too late and Mickey had no choice to but accept Aqua's choice and shut the door to Kingdom Hearts along with Sora. Mickey didn't left her.

Ooh yeah my mistake sorry I always forget that part xD

Haha but I agree though. I don't know why some people thin he left Aqua. 

I guess, they underestimate Aqua's capabilities.  It just seems like people view the KH characters as children in need of saving and just can't rescue themselves since Sora is the key.  It just seems like helplessness is a theme that runs in Kingdom Hearts.

All Mickey did was respecting her choice and Yen Sid forbade him to bring up the fact Aqua was still in the Realm of Darkness. 

To quote Charii, "WHAT CHOICE?!?" Aqua only said to go shut the door without her, not that Mickey shouldn't find her in the Realm of Darkness.

0.2 is just a giant mess of plot contradictions to justify an extra game for 2.8.

To quote Charii, "WHAT CHOICE?!?" Aqua only said to go shut the door without her, not that Mickey shouldn't find her in the Realm of Darkness.

0.2 is just a giant mess of plot contradictions to justify an extra game for 2.8.

I was quoting Mickey's quote to Riku: "I had to respect her choice".

Sorry if you were confused of what I said. And what I meant by me saying: "Yen Sid forbade him to bring up the fact Aqua was still in the Realm of Darkness". I meant Yen Sid forbade Mickey from telling anybody like Riku and Sora about Aqua being in the RoD. Cause if he did tell them about Aqua being over there, they would've staged a reckless attempt at rescue. I didn't say something like: "Mickey shouldn't find her in the RoD."  

If my comment was going there, I'm sorry for the confusion. 

Well technically it wasn't a choice.

Sorry. I was quoting and remembering what was said in the scene.

Nah, I really hated how they handled the situation. Mickey should told people about Aqua and that she was left behind in the Realm of Darkness. ''Go without me'' Really? She said leave without me guess I won't help here despite she helped me 10 times more. 

Also Yen Sid or Mickey, not sure anymore, said that it is really hard to enter the Realm of Darkness. Yet RIKU CAN USE CORRIDORS! If Mickey just told him he could open one for him. 

Nah, I really hated how they handled the situation. Mickey should told people about Aqua and that she was left behind in the Realm of Darkness. ''Go without me'' Really? She said leave without me guess I won't help here despite she helped me 10 times more. 

Also Yen Sid or Mickey, not sure anymore, said that it is really hard to enter the Realm of Darkness. Yet RIKU CAN USE CORRIDORS! If Mickey just told him he could open one for him. 

At the point of 358/2 Days and KH2, Riku's heart wasn't strong enough. Plus, Riku and Mickey barely met each other during the period. In 358/2 Days, they met once and it was right before Riku faced Roxas, and Riku couldn't beat Roxas without giving in to the darkness. What about the realm of darkness where even a Keyblade Master like Aqua has trouble? In KH2, Riku was in Ansem's form which implies the existence of darkness in his heart and so wasn't effective in a place like the realm of darkness. After he reverted to his original form, he couldn't open the corridors anymore.

Mickey said that it's difficult to get to the realm of darkness and he has only done so once by chance when a world was consumed by darkness and corridors appeared in the realm between, specifically in Traverse Town for Mickey. And that's not the only problem. How about getting out? Riku got out because of DiZ while Mickey got out through a corridor constructed by Organization XIII, probably by sneaking in (refer to Secret Ansem's Report 11).

It's reckless to go to the realm of darkness without knowing how to get in and out. And we all know how reckless both Sora and Riku can be, and hence why Yen Sid didn't reveal it. It's not that no one cared about Aqua. Plus, it's not just about getting in. You need to find Aqua in such a huge realm while battling both the Heartless and the darkness at the same time.

Another interesting factor is that the blame started when it was revealed that Aqua's been Norted. 
Just leaving someone intact in the Realm of Darkness apparently isn't such a big deal. 

The Door to Darkness needed to be closed to stop the Darkness's consumption of the worlds and Mickey was ill prepared for a rescue, he hadn't expected to find a captive in the Realm of Darkness and had gotten in himself in the first place (having been present in a consumed world) let alone escaped by chance. He had no idea of the accesses. 

As for Yen Sid forbidding that Mickey reveals Aqua, I don't recall that exchange but I concur with the logic that it would be to protect Sora and Riku from their own reckless natures.
Particularly Sora; we're talking about the boy who turned himself into a heartless to restore another's heart, who ran forward in a building consuming his memories on ones he was unaware were false and dissing his friends and all reason in the process. 
Then, we all know that Riku and Darkness are a deadly cocktail. 

Sora, for sure would have run off on a rescue mission and despite attempting to argue against it, Donald and Goofy would have ended up going along. 

Aqua is a Keyblade master and still eventually succumbed to the raw, uber darkness of the Realm of Darkness, and Sora had nearly filled her slot in the OrgaNORTzation and that was in the Realm of Sleep, the chances that Sora and Riku could have gotten out unconsumed are faint.  

None of it was about dismissing Aqua. 

I must concur though with Tyranto Rex, my first statement alone is a credit to the notion that most of the finger pointing at Mickey is no doubt for the meme material. 

Edited by Ventus_

Well, I guess it all boils down to the: "The lives of the many are greater than the lives of the few." quote. Aqua knew that Mickey had to close the Door to Darkness, so she decided that she would stave off the Heartless and give Mickey, Riku and Sora a fighting chance at making it through, ya know?

Mickey never intended to leave Aqua behind, it was all a matter of circumstance and bad predicament, ya know? But yeah, I'm pretty sure Mickey feels horrible about this, nonetheless.

Mickey stated that it is difficult to get into the RoD due to the chances of even getting in there relies on a world being consumed by darkness. Mickey was set on helping her get out of the RoD, but Aqua also aided in keeping danger from Riku and keeping the Darksides and other Heartless from going through the door so Sora and Mickey could close it. She then was attacked by the Shadow rush and forced into the door of parallel side of Destiny Islands.