Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Dagesh Lene

Is Xion Really a Seeker of Darkness?

One of the most interesting parts of the Big Hero 6 trailer was the brief look we got at a possible new seeker of darkness.  Lots of people seem to think that this could be Xion, but I'm not so sure.  After looking at the scene as it fades in, as you can see in the upper right corner of the screenshot I took, it appears that this possible new seeker of darkness has hair that goes straight out of the back of their head with no visible hair below it (I hope I described that well enough).

post-60664-0-47060800-1536624854_thumb.png

This doesn't seem to match Xion's hairstyle, but I'm not sure who it is either.  I'm even wondering if it could be Vanitas without his mask on since the hairstyle reminds me of Sora's hairstyle in Kingdom Hearts 1, which was also Vanitas' hairstyle in Birth by Sleep.  I'm not saying that it can't be Xion.  It could very well be Xion.  However, I'm not convinced.  What do you guys think?

Edited by Dagesh Lene

One of the most interesting parts of the Big Hero 6 trailer was the brief look we got at a possible new seeker of darkness.  Lots of people seem to think that this could be Xion, but I'm not so sure.  After looking at the scene as it fades in, as you can see in the upper right corner of the screenshot I took, it appears that this possible new seeker of darkness has hair that goes straight out of the back of their head with no visible hair below it (I hope I described that well enough).

attachicon.gifKH3 Big Hero 6 Trailer.png

This doesn't seem to match Xion's hairstyle, but I'm not sure who it is either.  I'm even wondering if it could be Vanitas without his mask on since the hairstyle reminds me of Sora's hairstyle in Kingdom Hearts 1, which was also Vanitas' hairstyle in Birth by Sleep.  I'm not saying that it can't be Xion.  It could very well be Xion.  However, I'm not convinced.  What do you guys think?

Perhaps it's Soranort or a norted Ventus.  It's hard to identify the person but they have really pale skin and white hair. 

I'm not convinced yet because the hair lines of the left side of the person's face may have similar hairstyle like Xion, but at the same time looks kinda different. It may be the Unreal Engine 4 but some of the hair lines don't match Xion's hair lines. It could be Xion but I'm not convinced yet until I play the game.

Edited by Movies798

All i know is that it's a character we havent seen yet. These trailers tend to reveal a new Seeker, so it can't be a character we've already seen. Process of elimination might make sure it ends up being her lol. No other character has short hair like that.

I'm not convinced yet because the hair lines of the left side of the person's face may have similar hairstyle like Xion, but at the same time looks kinda different. It may be the Unreal Engine 4 but some of the hair lines don't match Xion's hair lines. It could be Xion I'm convinced yet until I play the game.

This is exactly why I'm not sure who it is.  I thought the same things you did as I was studying that short glimpse we get.

All i know is that it's a character we havent seen yet. These trailers tend to reveal a new Seeker, so it can't be a character we've already seen. Process of elimination might make sure it ends up being her lol. No other character has short hair like that.

I'm pretty sure it's a character we haven't seen yet too.  I just threw in the Vanitas unmasked speculation because the hairstyle reminded me a bit of Sora's hairstyle.  I'm not sure that it's Xion because of the hair that juts out in the back of the person's head, but it could be her.  It could even be Roxas or Ventus for all we know.

Edited by Dagesh Lene

This is exactly why I'm not sure who it is.  I thought the same things you did as I was studying that short glimpse we get.

I'm pretty sure it's a character we haven't seen yet too.  I just threw in the Vanitas unmasked speculation because the hairstyle reminded me a bit of Sora's hairstyle.  I'm not sure that it's Xion because of the hair that juts out in the back of the person's head, but it could be her.  It could even be Roxas or Ventus for all we know.

I do find it a bit interesting that they AREN'T showing Vanitas' face. His face might actually be a meaningful spoiler.

I do find it a bit interesting that they AREN'T showing Vanitas' face. His face might actually be a meaningful spoiler.

I think his face is a big spoiler for those who haven’t played KH yet but want to play KH3. So I’m expecting again a reveal of Vanitas’s face during KH3. :)

I think his face is a big spoiler for those who haven’t played KH yet but want to play KH3. So I’m expecting again a reveal of Vanitas’s face during KH3. :)

It would be interesting seeing Nomura pull a Soranort on us since he did intend on Sora being a vessel in DDD but scrapped it because it was too grim. Edited by ienzo628

let's focus on the whole  of that scene, a lot was shown off at incredible speed. I do think we are dealing with a female character, whether that's Xion or not is something else? What makes me think it is her is this is a teaser trailer and we did see Aqua at the end and I'm not seeing the similarities. We know Nomura plans on showing all of the SoDs to us pre release and there is a pattern of world and an SoD announcement too. Ergo, it all depends on the upcoming week, if it's Aqua, why the design change? If it's Xion, then things have gotten interesting.

I'm pretty sure that's not Aqua: why would you give her a black coat now that she has a new outfit? Ventus should be out of Xehanort's reach since it looks like Aqua doesn't have the Master defender anymore. Unless Nomura somehow pulls Ephemer out of his hat, I think we are really running out of options. I believe that's Xion.

If it is Xion, they're gonna have a lot of explaining to do though. Nobody is supposed to remember or even know Xion.

That's the biggest issue with it being Xion, the story would have to fit the explanation of her returning and how she even could return and then somehow fit her into a already crowded roster. The game is already expected to be lengthy but just shoving so much story into a packed game like this and bringing back characters for what seems like the sake of appearance seems disingenuous at best.

Edited by Fullmetal Keyblade

Well I do think it is Xion, and that's because a quote from one of the leaflets in the Tokyo station which contained bits of KH3s dialouges said: "Please don't hold back, Lea" and that's clearly a reference to Xion's sentence in 358/2 Days, hinting at a clash between her and Lea

There's two ways of looking at this: the first, more obvious and noticed point is that it's Xion. The second, less obvious, more speculated point is that it's Aqua in a black coat. If you look closely they have the tanner skin, that's a common trait for Xehanort's vessels, but they all don't possess the exact same skin color. Also, their hair usually turns white or gray while this hair has the "Aquanort" color. Personally, I'm moreso leaning towards the fact that it's Xion, but it could also be Aqua. We all know how much Nomura loves playing with us and getting us to think.

If it's Xion, which once again, I believe it is, this would really be a big deal. We know that KH3 is all about saving those connected to Sora's heart or at least that's a major plot point. As we all know, Xion fades away in KHD, her death had a major impact on both the characters - her friends, and us - the fans. We know Sora's going to be trying to bring people back in KH3, and I hope our favorites do come back, but if Xion was saved so easily, her death would be almost pointless. If Xion ends up being a vessel, that still makes her death meaningful and impactful and it would weight heavily on both Roxas and Lea; it would also inspire and give Lea another reason to fight to save his beloved friends. Now, if she gets saved, which she likely will, her return will have been worth something.

Once again, if Xion is revealed to be a vessel, and I hope she will be, this is a huge deal and it'll have a major relevance in the story. Regardless, Nomura is going to be taking us on an emotional (both positive and negative) train ride no doubt.

Edited by Hallowseve

Judging from the bare neck, I doubt it's an unmasked Vanitas. Vanitas wears his bodysuit under his Org. coat and I'm pretty his body suit covers the entirety of his neck. A lot of people speculate it could YMX too but the hair is too short to be YMX. Not to mention, we've seen YMX already. It wouldn't make any sense to hide his face now. Dido for Aqua. 

Something tells me this could be someone we haven't seen yet or it could ACTUALLY be Xion. It may seem to be too far-fetched, but it's not impossible. I mean, we have VANITAS back now which some would have deemed impossible too and now they have to explain how he got there whether by time travel or some other means. I'm sure if Xion is a nort they'd have some good explanation as to how she got here. 

I initially thought it was Roxas returned and became a darkness as desired by the true organization but then I saw some analysis saying it is Xion. The more I think about it, I would say the most likely is Xion followed by Roxas and then someone else in terms of likelihood.

In my original post, I just pointed out a detail in the person's hair that made me doubt if it was Xion.  I'm still not sure if it is Xion, but I do have some more thoughts.  So, here is my take on the topic after giving it more thought:

Assuming that this is a character who hasn't been revealed to be a seeker of darkness yet, I think it could be Xion, Roxas, or Ventus.  There's a small part of me that's even wondering if it could be Sora, but I doubt that Sora would become a vessel.  Although, that would make an interesting plot twist in my opinion.  I also think that there is a possibility that this is a character who has already been revealed to be a seeker of darkness, but I don't think that this is as likely.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Xion, but I don't think we can say for sure right now.  There are parts of this person's hairstyle that are similar to Xion's and parts that aren't.  In fact, there don't seem to be any characters who exactly match this hairstyle (at least none who I can find).  So, it could very well be Xion.  If this is Xion, I feel like this scene would have to take place later in the game after Xion is brought back since she became a part of Sora at the end of 358/2 Days.  I'm still not convinced that it is Xion, but it could be.  We will just have to wait and see.

The idea of being Xion really breaks my heart. However, I believe that it could actually be Vanitas. No, I'm not cuckoo. For start, it's impossible for that character to be Xion. We have to remember that Xion was absorbed by Roxas, who at the same time was absorbed by Sora. That means Xion is inside Sora, and at the same time, inside Roxas. So if Roxas hasn't been freed from Sora, it's impossible for Xion to have been freed too.   

Then, according to Tetsuya Nomura, Vanitas' face would look to anyone whose heart is linked to Ventus' (his other half). That's why the very first time we saw him without helmet, Vanitas looked a lot like Sora, because he had linked his heart with Ventus'. However, inside Sora's heart we not only have Ventus now, but Roxas and Xion too. Therefore, we could guess Vanitas could now look like any of them. Otherwise, why Vanitas is hiding his face again, when we have already seen it? Even Sora saw it shortly as an ilussion in KH-3D. Unless, of course, this means he doesn't have the same face anymore and there's another mouth-dropping surprise awaiting us.