Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Scsigs

KHIII English Dub Voice Actors

So, I thought to keep track of what actors are definitely coming back to voice the characters in the game, as well as the most likely newcomers, so I'll divide this between the OCs for this game series, the returning Disney Characters, & the new characters. Some I'm, not sure if they've been confirmed, so help me out if you know. Some of these I speculate, since some aren't confirmed yet, but will most likely be in these roles. These are, mostly, based upon what we've heard in the trailers.

I have a similar list on Kanzenshuu for Dragon Ball's digital distribution, so I thought that this would be fun.

Returning OCs (original characters):

Heroes:

Sora: Haley Joel Osment

Riku: David Gallagher

Kairi: Alyson Stoner

Terra: Jason Dohring

Ventus: Jesse McCartney

Aqua: Willa Holland

Lea: Quinton Flynn

Roxas: Jesse McCartney

Xion: Alyson Stoner

Villains:

Larxene/Elrena: Shanelle Gray

Marluxia/Lauriam: Keith Ferguson

Xigbar/Braig: James Patrick Stuart

Luxord/His original persona: Robin Atkin Downes

Saix/Isa: Kirk Thorton

Demyx/His original persona: Ryan O'Donohue

Vexen/Even: Derek Stephen Prince

Young Xehanort: Benjamin Diskin

Xemnas: Paul St. Walker

Ansem: Seeker of Darkness: Richard Epcar

Terranort: Richard Epcar

Master Xehanort: Rutger Haur

Vanitas: Haley Joel Osment

Others:

Hayner: Zachary Gordon

Pence: Tristan Chase

Olette: Ashley Boettcher

Ienzo: Vincent Corazza

Ansem the Wise: Corey Burton

Young Master Eraqus: Drake Bell

Master Eraqus: Mark Hamill

Riku Replica/Dark Riku: David Gallagher

Chirity: Lara Jay Miller

Nameless Star: Madison Davenport

Ira: Matthew Mercer

Aced: Travis Willingham

Gula: Kevin Quinn

Invi: Karissa Lee Staples

Ephemer: Michael Johnston

Disney Characters:

Returning:

Heroes:

Mickey: Bret Iwan

Donald: Tony Anselmo

Goofy: Bill Farmer

Chip: Tress MacNeille

Dale: Corey Burton

Yen Sid: Cory Burton

Villains:

Pete: Jim Cummings

Maleficent: Susan Blakeslee

Hades: James Woods

Barbosa: Brian George

Others:

Pluto: Bill Farmer*

Jiminy Cricket: Joe Ochman

Hercules: Tate Donovan

Meg: Susan Egan

Phil: Robert Costanzo*

Jack Sparrow: Jared Butler

Will Turner: Crispin Freeman

Elizabeth: Eliza Jane Schneider

Winnie The Pooh: Jim Cummings

Tigger: Jim Cummings

Pigglet: Travis Oats

Rabbit: Tom Kenny

Gopher: Michael Gough

Scrooge McDuck: Enn Reitel

Merlin: Jeff Bennett

Huey, Duey, Lewie: Russie Taylor

New Characters:

Disney:

Hercules:

Zeus: Corey Burton

Toy Story:

Woody: Jim Hanks

Buzz: Mike MacRae

Rex: Wallace Shawn

Hamm: John Ratzenberger

LGMs: Jeff Pidgeon, Corey Burton

Monsters Inc:

Sulley: Christopher Swindle

Mike Wazowzki: Carlos Alazraqui

Boo: Mary Gibbs

Randall Boggs: J.P. Manoux

Frozen: 

Elsa: Idina Menzel

Young Elsa: Eva Bella

Anna: Kristen Bell

Young Anna: Katie Lopez/Livvy Stubenrauch

Olaf: Josh Gad

Kristoff: Jonathan Groff

Tangled:

Rapunzel: Kelsey Lansdowne

Young Rapunzel: Delany Rose Stein

Flynn Ryder: Zachary Levi

Mother Gothel: Donna Murphy

Big Hero 6:

Hiro Hamada: Ryan Potter

Baymax: Scott Adsit

Go Go: Jamie Chung

Honey Lemon: Genesis Rodriguez

Wasabi: Khary Payton

Fred: TJ Miller

Marshmallow: Paul Briggs

Pirates of the Caribbean:

Joshamee Gibbs: Kevin R. McNally

Davy Jones: Robin Atkin Downes

Lord Cutler Beckett: Mick Wingert

Winnie the Pooh:

Lumpy the Heffalump: Amelia Stranger

Other VAs:

Eva Bella

Soso Bianchi

David Kaye: Narrator

Aiden McGraw

Piotr Michael

Leslie Miller

Roger Craig Smith

* Denotes either speculated VA, or character, as certain member of the cast &/or some characters have yet to be confirmed.

Sources:

IMdB for KHII & III:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390163/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2973418/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Also, announcements:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/star-studded-voice-cast-unveiled-for-disney-and-square-enixs-kingdom-hearts-iii-300719139.html

https://powerup-gaming.com/2018/04/28/shanelle-gray-confirms-larxene-kingdom-hearts-3/

https://www.khinsider.com/news/James-Woods-Confirms-Work-on-Kingdom-Hearts-3-11611

Edited by Scsigs

Don't forget Gilgamesh if he appears. There's also the green army men.

Who's Gilgamesh? Also, it hasn't been confirmed who's voicing the army men, since R. Lee Ermy died & an official cast list, outside of some small announcements. I mainly just stuck to main characters & retuning secondary characters here rather than newer ones, as those characters haven't been prominently featured in the trailers.

Gilgamesh battle on the big bridge Final Fantasy V.

Considering KH sticks to original & Disney villains, although Sephiroth is the only Final Fantasy villain to make appearances, which makes him an exception to this rule, I doubt Gilgamesh will be in KHIII, especially with how big of a game it'll be already, unless Nomura will put it in for DLC.

Update: Added Demyx & Vexen's VAs due to them showing up in the new extended Big Hero 6 trailer that just dropped. Also some others.

Update: The official box art has been revealed, as well as the trailer above, & they both have Jesse McCartney's 2 characters in them. I think we can expect him to return.
Box%20Art.jpg

UPDATE: Confirmed secondary actors outside of Josh Gad & the main Monsters Inc characters, plus returning actors for the main cast from previous games: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/star-studded-voice-cast-unveiled-for-disney-and-square-enixs-kingdom-hearts-iii-300719139.html
I shall update the list above immediately where fit.

I'm really pissed they get back the other 2 of the main trio but they don't even ask the original voice actress to come back.  I mean I get it she hasn't done the voice since 3D but you don't get her for what will likely be her last time playing the character forever.  Low blow by Square to say the least.  

Edited by King Arthur

I'm really pissed they get back the other 2 of the main trio but they don't even ask the original voice actress to come back.  I mean I get it she hasn't done the voice since 3D but you don't get her for what will likely be her last time playing the character forever.  Low blow by Square to say the least.  

I mean, there are probably a lot of circumstances around this too. It could be pay, it could be availability, it could be Disney favoring Stoner over Panettiere, it could be the timing, it could be for continuity of voices (even though Stoner was brought in to voice match her & there are several voice doubles who've already worked in the franchise getting replaced in later games, like James Arnold Taylor not voicing Jack Sparrow in KHIII despite doing so in II, Tate Donovan reprising Herc in II despite Sean Astin voice matching him in KHI, etc), or whatever. Disney has a pretty comfortable working relationship with Stoner, since she's been acting in TV shows, both animated & live action, for over a decade now, so her being their go-to is understandable. The fact that they got her for 1.5 & 2.8 rather than Panettiere just goes to show this. All in all, I'm not against Stoner replacing her, since Kairi hasn't really been a major player up until now. Panettiere will be missed by those who care, but for me, I think if they don't care enough to bring her in over Stoner, then ok.

I mean, there are probably a lot of circumstances around this too. It could be pay, it could be availability, it could be Disney favoring Stoner over Panettiere, it could be the timing, it could be for continuity of voices (even though Stoner was brought in to voice match her & there are several voice doubles who've already worked in the franchise getting replaced in later games, like James Arnold Taylor not voicing Jack Sparrow in KHIII despite doing so in II, Tate Donovan reprising Herc in II despite Sean Astin voice matching him in KHI, etc), or whatever. Disney has a pretty comfortable working relationship with Stoner, since she's been acting in TV shows, both animated & live action, for over a decade now, so her being their go-to is understandable. The fact that they got her for 1.5 & 2.8 rather than Panettiere just goes to show this. All in all, I'm not against Stoner replacing her, since Kairi hasn't really been a major player up until now. Panettiere will be missed by those who care, but for me, I think if they don't care enough to bring her in over Stoner, then ok.

I'm more upset over the fact that I really like Panettiere voice for Kairi because to me Stoner voice for her at 0.2 was just not what Kairi sounds like.  And it kind of sounds like she's doing it the same way in KH 3.  Kairi has always had a deeper sounding voice since KH 2, but for some reason, Stoner trying to do a higher sounding voice for Kairi, and I just don't like it.  

I'm more upset over the fact that I really like Panettiere voice for Kairi because to me Stoner voice for her at 0.2 was just not what Kairi sounds like.  And it kind of sounds like she's doing it the same way in KH 3.  Kairi has always had a deeper sounding voice since KH 2, but for some reason, Stoner trying to do a higher sounding voice for Kairi, and I just don't like it.  

Now that I've heard a voice comparison, you're not wrong, but I still don't mind Stoner in the part.

Updated to have more characters recently revealed in V-Jump in Japan, as well as by Square in the last few days, as well as the actors most likely to be in the game sourced from IMdB, links up top.

1 hour ago, Allwil13 said:

I'm still waiting on the confirmation of Jack Sparrow's VA. I'm really hoping that it is actually Johnny Depp because that would be amazing. It certainly sounds like him in the trailer.

I know, right? When I heard his voice for the first time in the trailer, I legit had to replay that moment of the trailer, because Jack's voice sounded just like Johnny Depp's! If Square actually got Johnny to voice his own character, that is indeed something amazing to think about!

And well, when it comes to voice actors for the characters, I believe Scott Glenn would make a good fit for old man Xehanort! We'd have to see if he'd be confirmed or not!

15 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I'm still waiting on the confirmation of Jack Sparrow's VA. I'm really hoping that it is actually Johnny Depp because that would be amazing. It certainly sounds like him in the trailer.

I mean, Jack Sparrow seems like that kind of role for Johnny Depp that he'll play in everything that he can, like James Woods with Hades,  so I wouldn't be surprised if it's him, but considering how good some voice mimics can be (I still hold that James Arnold Taylor sounded exactly like Depp, but just had off inflections due to poor voice direction, which is a thing that plagues some of the actors' performances in this series), I'm not gonna be surprised either if it's Jared Butler, considering he's been in several Disney video games as Sparrow (the latest being Disney Infinity from 2 years ago) & has been their Jack Sparrow in their video games for 11 years.  He also voice matched Depp as Rango in the Rango game & as the Mad Hatter in Disney Infinity too. Seriously, this guy's list of credits as a voice double for Depp is pretty good, so I'm sure it is him.  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2666826/

7 hours ago, Scsigs said:

I mean, Jack Sparrow seems like that kind of role for Johnny Depp that he'll play in everything that he can, like James Woods with Hades,  so I wouldn't be surprised if it's him, but considering how good some voice mimics can be (I still hold that James Arnold Taylor sounded exactly like Depp, but just had off inflections due to poor voice direction, which is a thing that plagues some of the actors' performances in this series), I'm not gonna be surprised either if it's Jared Butler, considering he's been in several Disney video games as Sparrow (the latest being Disney Infinity from 2 years ago) & has been their Jack Sparrow in their video games for 11 years.  He also voice matched Depp as Rango in the Rango game & as the Mad Hatter in Disney Infinity too. Seriously, this guy's list of credits as a voice double for Depp is pretty good, so I'm sure it is him.  https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2666826/

I tried digging up some voice clips from Jack Sparrow in Disney infinity and found very little, but what I did find does certainly sound like Johnny Depp, so you may be right. The thing that still makes me wonder if it's Depp is the fact that they haven't revealed who it is yet. Makes me wonder if they're trying to keep it under wraps for now.

22 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

I know, right? When I heard his voice for the first time in the trailer, I legit had to replay that moment of the trailer, because Jack's voice sounded just like Johnny Depp's! If Square actually got Johnny to voice his own character, that is indeed something amazing to think about!

And well, when it comes to voice actors for the characters, I believe Scott Glenn would make a good fit for old man Xehanort! We'd have to see if he'd be confirmed or not!

The thing I always like to think about is what the actors a thinking in the moment when they get the call like "johnny deep walks into the aduio room and sees goofy, donald and a boy with a giant key" Okay someone explain me what is going on! I remember for kh2 the actors gave interviews which are still on youtube and I hope they will do something like that in the future aswell or atleast other game journalists I really want to hear everyones individiual thoughts I allready loved it when the guy that made tangle had his own appearance not so long ago

2 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I tried digging up some voice clips from Jack Sparrow in Disney infinity and found very little, but what I did find does certainly sound like Johnny Depp, so you may be right. The thing that still makes me wonder if it's Depp is the fact that they haven't revealed who it is yet. Makes me wonder if they're trying to keep it under wraps for now.

I mean, look at the 2 reveals we've had so far for the dub. The first was earlier this year when the Monsters Inc stuff came out & that was just a confirmation of Mike & Sulley's actors. After that, all we had to go on were the trailers. Then in September, they only confirmed a baker's dozen amount of actors. They still have dozens, possibly over 100, to still officially announce. Hence why this thread exists.

6 minutes ago, Scsigs said:

I mean, look at the 2 reveals we've had so far for the dub. The first was earlier this year when the Monsters Inc stuff came out & that was just a confirmation of Mike & Sulley's actors. After that, all we had to go on were the trailers. Then in September, they only confirmed a baker's dozen amount of actors. They still have dozens, possibly over 100, to still officially announce. Hence why this thread exists.

Fair point. Just to be clear, though, I'm not saying that I'm convinced it's actually Johnny Depp, just that it certainly could be. But I guess we'll just have to wait in see.

1 minute ago, Allwil13 said:

Fair point. Just to be clear, though, I'm not saying that I'm convinced it's actually Johnny Depp, just that it certainly could be. But I guess we'll just have to wait in see.

The thing I'm wondering is what's taking so long to announce most of the rest of the cast, since the majority of them have recorded their lines already. I mean, James Woods, Drake Bell, & Shanelle Workman had to confirm their involvement on social media, so what's the hold up?

Just now, Scsigs said:

The thing I'm wondering is what's taking so long to announce most of the rest of the cast, since the majority of them have recorded their lines already. I mean, James Woods, Drake Bell, & Shanelle Workman had to confirm their involvement on social media, so what's the hold up?

I have no idea. My only theory is that they're still hammering out contracts. And some actors denied involvement even though their characters are confirmed to be in the game. Like Derek Stephen Prince said he hadn't been called in but Even is confirmed to be in the game. I'm so confused.

2 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

The thing I always like to think about is what the actors are thinking in the moment when they get the call like "johnny deep walks into the audio room and sees goofy, Donald and a boy with a giant key" Okay someone explain me what is going on! I remember for kh2 the actors gave interviews which are still on youtube and I hope they will do something like that in the future as . well or at least other game journalists I really want to hear everyones individual thoughts I already loved it when the guy that made tangle had his own appearance not so long ago.

They probably will. Those interviews were done as the actors were recording their dialogue, so they're probably doing them right now.

Just now, Allwil13 said:

I have no idea. My only theory is that they're still hammering out contracts. And some actors denied involvement even though their characters are confirmed to be in the game. Like Derek Stephen Prince said he hadn't been called in but Even is confirmed to be in the game. I'm so confused.

I mean, he might not've been is the thing. Depending on how far into the story Even appears, they might not have had the cutscenes finished. He might be recording now, though, since he's bound to have heard of it & got contacted.

1 minute ago, Scsigs said:

I mean, he might not've been is the thing. Depending on how far into the story Even appears, they might not have had the cutscenes finished. He might be recording now, though, since he's bound to have heard of it & got contacted.

That makes sense. It would certainly explain why actors who've been in multiple entries of the series said that they never got contacted. 

I am hoping in the next month or two that we get more official confirmations of voice actors and their roles. Personally, I am keeping my fingers crossed that Hayden reprises her role as Kairi. I think that she should have a chance to return, especially seeing as the upcoming game is a numbered entry and Kairi is training to be a keyblade wielder. Alyson does an okay job with her voice but I prefer Hayden. As for other voice actors, I would like to hear Riku in an English trailer at some point because David Gallagher is without a doubt going to be voicing him.