Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Scsigs

KHIII English Dub Voice Actors

On 10/22/2018 at 10:28 AM, Dustin Lübbers said:

The thing I always like to think about is what the actors a thinking in the moment when they get the call like "johnny deep walks into the aduio room and sees goofy, donald and a boy with a giant key" Okay someone explain me what is going on! I remember for kh2 the actors gave interviews which are still on youtube and I hope they will do something like that in the future aswell or atleast other game journalists I really want to hear everyones individiual thoughts I allready loved it when the guy that made tangle had his own appearance not so long ago

It is indeed crazy how all of this comes about, ya know? I'm crossing my fingers for Jack's voice to be Depp's, but if it's just a sound-alike, then color me impressed, because whoever he is, he's doing a dang good job of voicing Jack!

Oh yeah, it'd definitely be awesome if for Kingdom Hearts III we got a "Making Of" extra in the menu screen so we can see the process of how the game was made and the thoughts of each of the voice actors!

I see that you put Derek Stephen Prince on the list as Vexen because Even/Vexen appeared in one of the trailers, but the last I heard, he said he hadn't been asked to reprise his role. That was a few months ago and his comment about it seemed to imply that recording was already finished without him. (If you're curious, here's my source.)

Obviously, they had to get a new Japanese voice actor because his original Japanese VA passed away in 2010. But... That wouldn't explain why they wouldn't have asked his English VA to return.

I mean... Unless he just plain lied. lol When he was asked, we still hadn't seen Vexen in the trailers, so maybe he lied to keep it a surprise? To my knowledge, he still hasn't personally confirmed anything.

I dunno. I'm just curious what you guys think and if you might have any other new details about this situation. (Or, heck, maybe someone who's braver than me can ask him again on Instagram.)

3 hours ago, setsugekka said:

I see that you put Derek Stephen Prince on the list as Vexen because Even/Vexen appeared in one of the trailers, but the last I heard, he said he hadn't been asked to reprise his role. That was a few months ago and his comment about it seemed to imply that recording was already finished without him. (If you're curious, here's my source.)

Obviously, they had to get a new Japanese voice actor because his original Japanese VA passed away in 2010. But... That wouldn't explain why they wouldn't have asked his English VA to return.

I mean... Unless he just plain lied. lol When he was asked, we still hadn't seen Vexen in the trailers, so maybe he lied to keep it a surprise? To my knowledge, he still hasn't personally confirmed anything.

I dunno. I'm just curious what you guys think and if you might have any other new details about this situation. (Or, heck, maybe someone who's braver than me can ask him again on Instagram.)

He could be under an NDA (A Non-Disclosure Agreement.) until Square Enix reveals who is voicing who. In a small interview with a fan, Jesse McCartney said something about not being called in to reprise his roles as Roxas and Ven as well and something about his behaviour or the sound of his voice in the clip told me he was lying. Roxas and Ven are too important not to be voiced by their orginal voice actor.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

Ah. You're probably right about that then. I didn't hear about Jesse McCartney being asked. Just makes me wonder why certain voice actors seem to have the liberty to say that they're in the game while others wouldn't. Maybe some NDAs were signed before SE knew which characters they were going to reveal ahead of time?

5 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Ah. You're probably right about that then. I didn't hear about Jesse McCartney being asked. Just makes me wonder why certain voice actors seem to have the liberty to say that they're in the game while others wouldn't. Maybe some NDAs were signed before SE knew which characters they were going to reveal ahead of time?

Jesse WAS asked during a Facebook livestream sometime a month or so ago, I believe. At least that's what I've heard. Considering we've seen both Ventus & Roxas in the trailers by now, we can assume he either hasn't recorded yet, or he's under an NDA. Remember, only a few actors have actually confirmed themselves for being in the games, those being James Woods, Shanelle Gray, & Susan Egan. I'm assuming Derek hadn't recorded yet, since that was a few months ago. By now, I'm betting they're bringing in a lot of the secondary actors, or actors of characters who appear later in the game, back in to record. Remember, Mandy Moore has yet to record her lines as Rapunzel & John C. Reilly as Ralph have yet to record anything for the game, since their characters have been silent in the trailers & demo.

Also, remember back in 2014, Jesse posted a thing on his Instagram that was captioned "For Kingdom Hearts Fans," while in a recording booth. Obviously, this was him in the booth to record for Roxas for the Re:coded cutscenes in 2.5. Obviously, some actors get the ok to announce things before others & others just don't care.

Edited by Scsigs

5 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Ah. You're probably right about that then. I didn't hear about Jesse McCartney being asked. 

Found it. Make of what you will about his answer. This was posted Sept. 12th.

I betcha Master Xehanort's English VA is also under a strict NDA, especially since the late Leonard Nimoy used to voice him and we have no idea who's voicing him now.

I hope Jesse McCartney and Derek Stephen Prince reprise their roles.  I am still wondering who will voice Master Xehanort in the English and Japanese dub and who will voice Vexen in the Japanese dub since their previous voices passed on.  I really hope that James Earl Jones, the voice of Darth Vader voices Master Xehanort but I doubt that will ever happen.

12 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

He could be under an NDA (A Non-Disclosure Agreement.) until Square Enix reveals who is voicing who. In a small interview with a fan, Jesse McCartney said something about not being called in to reprise his roles as Roxas and Ven as well and something about his behaviour or the sound of his voice in the clip told me he was lying. Roxas and Ven are too important not to be voiced by their orginal voice actor.

That's what I've been assuming. I thought maybe they might still be hammering out contracts or something. So it very well could be that until everything's good to go, some of the actors are under strict orders to keep the whole thing under wraps. It would be absolutely bizarre if jesse McCartney didn't come back to voice Ven and Roxas, especially since he's played the characters in every single game in which they appear. Same with Derek Stephen Prince.

5 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

That's what I've been assuming. I thought maybe they might still be hammering out contracts or something. So it very well could be that until everything's good to go, some of the actors are under strict orders to keep the whole thing under wraps. It would be absolutely bizarre if jesse McCartney didn't come back to voice Ven and Roxas, especially since he's played the characters in every single game in which they appear. Same with Derek Stephen Prince.

It's been a while since we've last heard Even/Vexen.  The last time I think I heard his voice was in BBS.  So, maybe Square Enix found a replacement actor for Derek Stephen Prince.

16 hours ago, Scsigs said:

Pretty sure this is Many Moore as Rapunzel in this new trailer, comparing to a clip I'm watching on YouTube. 

It certainly does sound similar. However, I'm not convinced. They're similar, but they don't sound like an exact match to me. I really hope it is, though.

I do think they might actually have gotten Zachary Levi to voice Flynn, because that one sounds like a match to me.

6 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

It certainly does sound similar. However, I'm not convinced. They're similar, but they don't sound like an exact match to me. I really hope it is, though.

I do think they might actually have gotten Zachary Levi to voice Flynn, because that one sounds like a match to me.

I mean, they announced Levi was in the game back in September, so that's definitely him. https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/star-studded-voice-cast-unveiled-for-disney-and-square-enixs-kingdom-hearts-iii-300719139.html His voice clips ARE weird, though. Almost like they were edited to be faster for the trailer. If you notice, they sound oddly clipped at places. Considering the Toy Story trailer had a few less lines for Donald & Goofy in the cutscenes to speed it up (though they did a better job of editing them), I think they did a similar thing here, but it seems like it was more rushed. I imagine because these actors just recorded the dialogue in the last few months, so they didn't have as much time to edit the clips better.

In terms of Moore, she definitely has a different voice than the movie due to it being 8 years since that movie came out & probably 9 years since she recorded for it. She sounds closer to how she does in the Tangled series from Disney Channel.

Hey, guys. I put together a comparison video of Rapunzel's voice from 4 different Disney things from the last 8 years. The film, Disney Infinity, The series, & KHIII. Unfortunately, there's not a lot from KHIII, but I might upload a new version if we get a longer version before the game comes out. 

Edited by Scsigs

image.thumb.png.d3ffd51d97e92071f044c89513699763.pngWe just got . THIS for confirmation of most of the Big Hero 6 cast. This is the cast of the animated series, which I knew they'd use. Most of these people are the cast from the movie, but a few aren't. Just wanna say...

image.thumb.png.d6b49086dd2ab103e929fe53120dc452.png

Called it.

So, um, with that new teaser trailer from the Xbox event, was that Ryan O'Donohue as Demyx? He sounded a bit deeper if it was.

Edited by Scsigs

4 minutes ago, Scsigs said:

So, um, with that new teaser trailer from the Xbox event, was that Ryan O'Donohue as Demyx? He sounded a bit deeper if it was.

It definitely sounds like him. His voice could be deeper either from directions he was given or just because he's aged.

Just now, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

It definitely sounds like him. His voice could be deeper either from directions he was given or just because he's aged.

That's what I was thinking. It's a lot like Haley Joel Osment's Sora voice. Ryan was in his early 20s when he voiced Demyx in KHII. Now, he's 34, so it makes sense.

Also, is that Bill Nighy as Davy Jones, or no? I can't tell. Also, is that Xehanort's new VA at the end? Sounds a bit too young, but is definitely doing an ok job at a Nimoy impression.

Edited by Scsigs

2 hours ago, Scsigs said:

Also, is that Bill Nighy as Davy Jones, or no? I can't tell. Also, is that Xehanort's new VA at the end? Soun

Can't tell either. It's been a while since I've watched any of Pirates of the Caribbean. Also, yes. I think that voice at the end of the trailer is his new VA.

23 minutes ago, Keyblader number one said:

Rumor has it that Mark Hamill is The new voice of Xehanort. 

It's more of a speculation than a rumor. People think it sounds like him. IMO I don't think it's him even though it slightly sounds like his voice.

42 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Can't tell either. It's been a while since I've watched any of Pirates of the Caribbean. Also, yes. I think that voice at the end of the trailer is his new VA.

Don't think it's Bill Nighy sadly. Here is him saying the same quote in the film 

at 42 secs

2 hours ago, Novayon said:

Don't think it's Bill Nighy sadly. Here is him saying the same quote in the film.

Can't imagine who it WOULD be, since Davy Jones has had no other actors voice him in spin-off media. Nighy also voiced Jones in Disney Infinity & has done a lot of TV & video game work. Plus, they got McNally, so I'm . going to assume he's in it till I see an official cast list that says otherwise.

3 hours ago, Scsigs said:

Can't imagine who it WOULD be, since Davy Jones has had no other actors voice him in spin-off media. Nighy also voiced Jones in Disney Infinity & has done a lot of TV & video game work. Plus, they got McNally, so I'm . going to assume he's in it till I see an official cast list that says otherwise.

Robin Atkin Downes voiced him in the movie tie in games. Even so, it doesn’t sound like Downes to me.

We’ll have to see, can’t really judge based on one line. Not to mention Nighy has gotten older, so his voice may sound different some. I’m going to hope it’s him in the trailer.