Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Scsigs

KHIII English Dub Voice Actors

2 hours ago, ghostwarmen said:

Robin Atkin Downes voiced him in the movie tie in games. Even so, it doesn’t sound like Downes to me.

We’ll have to see, can’t really judge based on one line. Not to mention Nighy has gotten older, so his voice may sound different some. I’m going to hope it’s him in the trailer.

See, to me it did sound like Robin. If it's Bill Nighy he's really lost that voice

8 hours ago, Novayon said:

See, to me it did sound like Robin. If it's Bill Nighy he's really lost that voice

I mean, he's voiced Jones in Disney Infinity. Considering that Disney & Square seem to be seeing that the cast members from the various tie-in games & spin-off material are the ones most likely to return for this game. Considering that they were able to swing Christopher Lee in KHII, despite him being a highly-regarded Shakespearean actor who'd just come off of a big movie trilogy (Lord of the Rings) at the time, but due to him being a British actor, who generally don't mind different kinds of work as long as they like it, I'd say they could get Nighy if they wanted to, especially when there's precedence for it.

The man also did Norm of the North, so I don't think he's above workin on this game.

Edited by Scsigs

29 minutes ago, Scsigs said:

I mean, he's voiced Jones in Disney Infinity. Considering that Disney & Square seem to be seeing that the cast members from the various tie-in games & spin-off material are the ones most likely to return for this game. Considering that they were able to swing Christopher Lee in KHII, despite him being a highly-regarded Shakespearean actor who'd just come off of a big movie trilogy (Lord of the Rings) at the time, but due to him being a British actor, who generally don't mind different kinds of work as long as they like it, I'd say they could get Nighy if they wanted to, especially when there's precedence for it.

The man also did Norm of the North, so I don't think he's above workin on this game.

He did say he was happy to return to Pirates of the Caribbean. Now I've heard his Disney Infinity voice I'm more swayed by the idea that it is really him. Need to hear more quotes or wait for the cast announcement 

19 hours ago, Keyblader number one said:

Rumor has it that Mark Hamill is The new voice of Xehanort. 

I don't get how people think that the voice at the end of the trailer is Mark Hamill. It sounds absolutely nothing like him.

1 hour ago, JTD95 said:

I don't get how people think that the voice at the end of the trailer is Mark Hamill. It sounds absolutely nothing like him.

It also wouldn't make much sense, since Hamill plays Eraqus & the only people to play multiple characters are the ones for characters who have doppelgängers, Tress MacNeille, Russi Taylor, Jim Cummings, & Corey Burton, due to them voicing multiple Disney characters before this series even started.

Edited by Scsigs

On 11/11/2018 at 2:56 PM, JTD95 said:

Me neither. Some people have even been treating this like it's an absolute. Nowhere was it stated that it was him. People have even been saying things like: "Well, It's Mark Hamill! Show some respect, dummy!" to people who say that they don't like Xehanort's new voice. I know Mr. Nimoy's voice could never be replicated and I'm not expecting the new voice actor to sound exactly like him. In fact, I think it would've have sounded worse if they forced the new voice actor to sound exactly like him. I'm one of those people who is on the fence about his voice. It's really too early to judge the new VA based on one line of dialogue.

On 10/28/2018 at 1:39 AM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Found it. Make of what you will about his answer. This was posted Sept. 12th.

I betcha Master Xehanort's English VA is also under a strict NDA, especially since the late Leonard Nimoy used to voice him and we have no idea who's voicing him now.

That Um is what gives it away tbh.

By the way, confirmation that Stoner's Kairi from the staff here at KH13. I've updated this list to reflect this discovery.

Edited by Scsigs

On 11/11/2018 at 6:08 PM, Novayon said:

He did say he was happy to return to Pirates of the Caribbean. Now I've heard his Disney Infinity voice I'm more swayed by the idea that it is really him. Need to hear more quotes or wait for the cast announcement 

Well to be fair, it might be done to directions he’s been given if it is Nighy. I mean listen to the aliens here..they never drawl out the “Outside” to “Outsiiiiiidddde”  Before

2 minutes ago, KiraNort said:

Well to be fair, it might be done to directions he’s been given if it is Nighy. I mean listen to the aliens here..they never drawl out the “Outside” to “Outsiiiiiidddde”  Before

I mean, Kingdom Hearts' voice direction for the English dub has ALWAYS been wonky, especially when it comes to matching the timings of the Japanese cast, especially when it comes to the actors that either aren't voice actors by trade, or are new tot he job.

Added 2 voice actors who's characters are in the new trailer. Scrooge McDuck & Stitch. Pretty sure it'll be John Kassir as Scrooge, but maybe they'll get David Tennant. I hope not, though, to keep vocal consistency with Birth By Sleep by getting someone who sounds like

1 hour ago, Scsigs said:

Added 2 voice actors who's characters are in the new trailer. Scrooge McDuck & Stitch. Pretty sure it'll be John Kassir as Scrooge, but maybe they'll get David Tennant. I hope not, though, to keep vocal consistency with Birth By Sleep by getting someone who sounds like

If it is David Tennant that would be so bizarre to me. I could just imagine younger me being told David Tennant is going to be in Kingdom Hearts 3 and he's playing Scroodge Mcduck.

47 minutes ago, Tyranto Rex said:

If it is David Tennant that would be so bizarre to me. I could just imagine younger me being told David Tennant is going to be in Kingdom Hearts 3 and he's playing Scrooge Mcduck.

Pretty sure it'll be Kassir, since they try to maintain as much vocal consistency as possible for these games.

On 11/26/2018 at 7:51 PM, Scsigs said:

So, how's everyone doing with the announcement for Stoner as Kairi?

I realize this is an old comment but I thought I'd reply to it anyway. I'm not a fan of Alyson Stoner as Kairi. I don't think she sounds even remotely similar (especially in 0.2). The fact that they didn't ask Hayden angers me. It'd be one thing if she didn't want to do it, but not to ask at all is a big slap to fans especially those who have followed the series since the beginning and are used to Hayden as Kairi. 

Granted there haven't been too many lines of Kairi shown in trailers so far so who knows? Maybe she'll grow on me. But then again I am the person that still hasn't gotten over Richard Epcar replacing Billy Zane as Ansem Seeker of Darkness and that happened back in '05.

Edited by clatter411

really didn't like Alyson's voice for Kairi in 0.2 in particular. The few lines she voiced sounded bad to me, especially her reaction when she was told that she'd be training with Lea. I have nothing against Alyson, really, but I just did not like her voice in 0.2 or in the recent trailers.  I'm just going to have to suck it up and get used.

4 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

really didn't like Alyson's voice for Kairi in 0.2 in particular. The few lines she voiced sounded bad to me, especially her reaction when she was told that she'd be training with Lea. I have nothing against Alyson, really, but I just did not like her voice in 0.2 or in the recent trailers.  I'm just going to have to suck it up and get used.

Yeah, the difference is pretty stark imo, because Hayden generally has a much deeper and less pitched voice for Kairi. It wasn't too egregious for me apart from the bit where she screamed SORA in the trailer. That took me out for a second. I'm not saying she's a bad voice actress, its just not suited to Kairi's voice for me

On 11/11/2018 at 8:56 PM, JTD95 said:

its also possible that the voice we heard in the trailer was recorded a long time ago and so  the voice that is actually in the game is completly different. 

1 hour ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

its also possible that the voice we heard in the trailer was recorded a long time ago and so  the voice that is actually in the game is completly different. 

The game is so close to release. Everything is done. Why would they use an old recording of Xehanort's voice rather the actual one that's in the game? No. The voice we heard in both the Winnie the Pooh trailer and the Final Battle trailer is Xehanort's new voice.

1 minute ago, JTD95 said:

The game is so close to release. Everything is done. Why would they use an old recording of Xehanort's voice rather the actual one that's in the game? No. The voice we heard in both the Winnie the Pooh trailer and the Final Battle trailer is Xehanort's new voice.

yes Of course thats what I was thinking to I was just saying sometimes stuff like that happens. Also I think mark isnt even acting anymore. wasnt he saying that his role as luke in the last jedi was his last time? Or it was at least to anything star wars releated.

5 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

Yeah, the difference is pretty stark imo, because Hayden generally has a much deeper and less pitched voice for Kairi. It wasn't too egregious for me apart from the bit where she screamed SORA in the trailer. That took me out for a second. I'm not saying she's a bad voice actress, its just not suited to Kairi's voice for me

I'll probably get used to it. It was pretty good when she was talking to Lea earlier in the trailer but you can tell the difference when she yelled out to Sora.

3 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

yes Of course thats what I was thinking to I was just saying sometimes stuff like that happens. Also I think mark isnt even acting anymore. wasnt he saying that his role as luke in the last jedi was his last time? Or it was at least to anything star wars releated.

I'm not sure what he said about acting, but I do remember him saying he was retiring from voicing the Joker, but I don't think voice acting in general is done. I don't know if that's Hamil or not voicing Xehanort but at the end there it did not really sound like him, but I could be wrong cause he is a voice actor and all and a mighty great one at that.