Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Scsigs

KHIII English Dub Voice Actors

13 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

yes Of course thats what I was thinking to I was just saying sometimes stuff like that happens. Also I think mark isnt even acting anymore. wasnt he saying that his role as luke in the last jedi was his last time? Or it was at least to anything star wars releated.

I believe you might also be mixing him up with Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford pretty much said he's retiring from acting and never wants to act as Han again. Some part of me thinks he wanted Han to die in the Force Awakens just so he could be done with it.  Mark Hamil may be done with acting as Luke since Luke died, but I don't think he said he was done with voice acting in general. I also seemed to notice he didn't particularly like how they portrayed old man Luke. He could probably be trying to distance himself from that as well. I'm not really up with the all the animated Batman stuff or Super hero stuff in general, so I don't know what his deal with the Joker is.

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

20 hours ago, clatter411 said:

I realize this is an old comment but I thought I'd reply to it anyway. I'm not a fan of Alyson Stoner as Kairi. I don't think she sounds even remotely similar (especially in 0.2). The fact that they didn't ask Hayden angers me. It'd be one thing if she didn't want to do it, but not to ask at all is a big slap to fans especially those who have followed the series since the beginning and are used to Hayden as Kairi. 

Granted there haven't been too many lines of Kairi shown in trailers so far so who knows? Maybe she'll grow on me. But then again I am the person that still hasn't gotten over Richard Epcar replacing Billy Zane as Ansem Seeker of Darkness and that happened back in '05.

Zane HAD to be replaced, though. He starred in a Turkish film that demonized American troops who got sent to Iraq after 9/11. No matter what he may have thought about the war, you shouldn't demonize the troops, who're only there to do a job they were specifically trained to do. Not to say Zane was bad in the role, but what's done is done.

When it comes to Stoner over Panettiere as Kairi, Hayden has literally not voiced Kairi since Birth By Sleep in a cameo, then voiced Xion in DDD again in a cameo. While I don't mind the effort they went through, the shifting VAs for them is just stupid. I mean, I'm not against either voicing Kairi, but pick one, don't just flip-flop. And if Stoner's Kairi's main VA now, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. She's worked as an actor for Disney for over a decade, so it makes sense that they'd go with someone already under their pay already,  which is generally what they do for most things anyways.

19 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

really didn't like Alyson's voice for Kairi in 0.2 in particular. The few lines she voiced sounded bad to me, especially her reaction when she was told that she'd be training with Lea. I have nothing against Alyson, really, but I just did not like her voice in 0.2 or in the recent trailers. I'm just going to have to suck it up and get used.

Different strokes for different folks, but I thought she was fine.

18 hours ago, Keyblader number one said:

Has Master Xehanort's been voice confirmed? Is it Mark Hamill?

No and no. It doesn't even remotely sound like him, so I don't know where people are getting this nonsense. Also, if it was, I'd have posted it here with proof. No bullshitting here with me.

14 hours ago, 2 quid is good said:

Yeah, the difference is pretty stark imo, because Hayden generally has a much deeper and less pitched voice for Kairi. It wasn't too egregious for me apart from the bit where she screamed SORA in the trailer. That took me out for a second. I'm not saying she's a bad voice actress, its just not suited to Kairi's voice for me

Meh. She's fine.

14 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

it's also possible that the voice we heard in the trailer was recorded a long time ago and so the voice that is actually in the game is completely different. 

Nope. Nimoy died in 2015, as did his Japanese VA. While it's entirely possible the script for III was finished before then, only his Japanese VA would've recorded dialogue out of the 2 of them.  The dub literally JUST started being recorded either late last year . or earlier this year, so I don't know why some people think Nimoy might've recorded the translated dialogue.

13 hours ago, JTD95 said:

The game is so close to release. Everything is done. Why would they use an old recording of Xehanort's voice rather the actual one that's in the game? No. The voice we heard in both the Winnie the Pooh trailer and the Final Battle trailer is Xehanort's new voice.

Yep. Otherwise they'd have an actual recording of Nimoy in the trailers. Can't imagine why they'd use a completely different VA for a trailer, then use the real one for the final game, especially with trailers that are coming out 1-2 months before the game

13 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

yes. Of course that's what I was thinking to I was just saying sometimes stuff like that happens. Also I think mark isn't even acting anymore. wasn't he saying that his role as luke in the last jedi was his last time? Or it was at least to anything star wars related.

No. He didn't say he was retiring.

9 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

I'll probably get used to it. It was pretty good when she was talking to Lea earlier in the trailer but you can tell the difference when she yelled out to Sora.

I'm not sure what he said about acting, but I do remember him saying he was retiring from voicing the Joker, but I don't think voice acting in general is done. I don't know if that's Hamill or not voicing Xehanort but at the end there it did not really sound like him, but I could be wrong cause he is a voice actor and all and a mighty great one at that.

Hamill has literally been saying he was retiring from The Joker for the last 3 years. His latest appearance of the character was in Lego DC Super-Villains.

7 hours ago, Scsigs said:

Zane HAD to be replaced, though. He starred in a Turkish film that demonized American troops who got sent to Iraq after 9/11. No matter what he may have thought about the war, you shouldn't demonize the troops, who're only there to do a job they were specifically trained to do. Not to say Zane was bad in the role, but what's done is done.

When it comes to Stoner over Panettiere as Kairi, Hayden has literally not voiced Kairi since Birth By Sleep in a cameo, then voiced Xion in DDD again in a cameo. While I don't mind the effort they went through, the shifting VAs for them is just stupid. I mean, I'm not against either voicing Kairi, but pick one, don't just flip-flop. And if Stoner's Kairi's main VA now, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. She's worked as an actor for Disney for over a decade, so it makes sense that they'd go with someone already under their pay already,  which is generally what they do for most things anyways.

Different strokes for different folks, but I thought she was fine.

No and no. It doesn't even remotely sound like him, so I don't know where people are getting this nonsense. Also, if it was, I'd have posted it here with proof. No bullshitting here with me.

Meh. She's fine.

Nope. Nimoy died in 2015, as did his Japanese VA. While it's entirely possible the script for III was finished before then, only his Japanese VA would've recorded dialogue out of the 2 of them.  The dub literally JUST started being recorded either late last year . or earlier this year, so I don't know why some people think Nimoy might've recorded the translated dialogue.

Yep. Otherwise they'd have an actual recording of Nimoy in the trailers. Can't imagine why they'd use a completely different VA for a trailer, then use the real one for the final game, especially with trailers that are coming out 1-2 months before the game

No. He didn't say he was retiring.

Hamill has literally been saying he was retiring from The Joker for the last 3 years. His latest appearance of the character was in Lego DC Super-Villains.

Didn't know that about Zane. That's a damn shame. 

As far as Stoner is concerned,yeah it may have been easier but it was wrong to the fans. And it's not like Disney is cash short. They could have at least tried to find someone who sounded closer to Hayden. They've done that before. But I won't argue that point anymore. I just want to get the point across that I'm disappointed. 

Edited by clatter411

1 minute ago, LostArtis said:

How do y'all feel about MX's new VA? I'm actually really liking his new voice. Do I dare say more than his old one...

I think he's doing a pretty good job. I like him and he add a bit of a different charm that he brings to Xehanort. Nimoy was excellent at voicing acting him and he will be missed, but I do actually think this person's voice is doing him justice. It just seems like some other people don't like him.

40 minutes ago, LostArtis said:

How do y'all feel about MX's new VA? I'm actually really liking his new voice. Do I dare say more than his old one...

Sounds a bit too much like Gowasu from Dragon Ball Super's English dub & not enough like Leonard Nimoy for my taste.

3 hours ago, clatter411 said:

Didn't know that about Zane. That's a damn shame. 

As far as stoner is confirmed,yeah it may have been easier but it was wrong to the fans. And it's not like Disney is cash short. They could have at least tried to find someone who sounded closer to Hayden. They've done that before. But I won't argue that point anymore. I just want to get the point across that I'm disappointed. 

That's fine. You have a right to be disappointed. I'm just in the mindset of it not being much of a big deal, given the circumstances of this game & its dub.

8 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I believe you might also be mixing him up with Harrison Ford. Harrison Ford pretty much said he's retiring from acting and never wants to act as Han again. Some part of me thinks he wanted Han to die in the Force Awakens just so he could be done with it.  Mark Hamil may be done with acting as Luke since Luke died, but I don't think he said he was done with voice acting in general. I also seemed to notice he didn't particularly like how they portrayed old man Luke. He could probably be trying to distance himself from that as well. I'm not really up with the all the animated Batman stuff or Super hero stuff in general, so I don't know what his deal with the Joker is.

yea harris ford was infamous for never liking his part in star wars anyway.

You dont know about batman the animated series?dude you miss out on the best joker of all times

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

11 hours ago, Scsigs said:

They probably constantly beg him to come back and he probably does it unwillingly. I heard somewhere that it's sometimes painful to do. 

3 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

yea harris ford was infamous for never liking his part in star wars anyway.

You dont know about batman the animated series?dude you miss out on the best joker of all times

I should really watch the whole thing. I remember watching some of it when I was really small.

8 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

Has it been confirmed yet if David Gallagher and Jesse McCartney are coming back to reprise their roles yet?

No, but it does sound like Riku is being voiced by David Gallagher again in the trailers. Unfortunately, we didn't hear Ven and Roxas talk at all since it seems they are keeping both of those characters hush-hush. I really think he is voicing them again though since it sounded like he was lying about not being called in to voice them in that video I mentioned. At least I hope he is. It would be a shame if they replaced him. It also sounds like Richard Epcar is back voicing Terranort as well in the Winnie the Pooh trailer. David and Richard being back isn't much of a surprise to me though.

1 minute ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

No, but it does sound like Riku is being voiced by David Gallagher again in the trailers. Unfortunately, we didn't hear Ven and Roxas talk at all since it seems they are keeping both of those characters hush-hush. I really think he is voicing them again though since it sounded like he was lying about not being called in to voice them in that video I mentioned. At least I hope he is. It would be a shame if the replaced him. It also sounds like Richard Epcar is back voicing Terranort as well in the Winnie the Pooh trailer. David and Richard being back isn't much of a surprise to me though.

I heard Vexen's VA say he wasn't called back.   I am curious about that one as well. 

1 minute ago, ienzo628 said:

I heard Vexen's VA say he wasn't called back.   I am curious about that one as well. 

I also don't think we heard him speak in English in any of the trailer, did we? It's a mystery to me too. Whether or not he's under NDA or was just flat out replaced is unknown. Unlike Kairi, Vexen, Ven, and Roxas were all voiced by the same person that they had originally throughout the whole series, so I'm hoping that this fact alone is enough to say they'll come back. That's unless people didn't like Vexen's VA and Jesse for some strange reason? I've never really heard anybody really complain about them, so I don't  think this is reason. Again, maybe they are all just under NDAs. It's one of the few plausible explanations anyone can come up with at this point besides the fact one or both of them could've been replaced.

6 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I also don't think we heard him speak in English in any of the trailer, did we? It's a mystery to me too. Whether or not he's under NDA or was just flat out replaced is unknown. Unlike Kairi, Vexen, Ven, and Roxas were all voiced by the same person that they had originally throughout the whole series, so I'm hoping that this fact alone is enough to say they'll come back. That's unless people didn't like Vexen's VA and Jesse for some strange reason? I've never really heard anybody really complain about them, so I don't  think this is reason. Again, maybe they are all just under NDAs. It's one of the few plausible explanations anyone can come up with at this point besides the fact one or both of them could've been replaced.

Probably though I hope that's not the case.  I haven't heard Even talk in the recent Kingdom Hearts games.  He only had a mention and a cameo in DDD and that was back in 2012.  That's what I think was his last appearance so far.

33 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

Probably though I hope that's not the case.  I haven't heard Even talk in the recent Kingdom Hearts games.  He only had a mention and a cameo in DDD and that was back in 2012.  That's what I think was his last appearance so far.

His voice was last heard in Birth By Sleep too, and only for a few lines. That was his last voiced appearance and it's unlikey he could've came back for the remixes since he didn't need come back. Not all voice actors can be vocal or are as vocal as people like Ben Diskin and Quinton Flynn are. Of course, that's partly because we've already heard them speak. Same with Alyson. I just like to think they can't say anything about it until we've heard them speak so they are pretending they aren't going to be affiliated with it. We probably won't find out if they're back until we play the game ourselves and watch the credits roll with all the actors and actresses names in them. Remaining optmistic is both what I do and my downfall. If I'm wrong, then I'm just going to have to deal with it.

His voice was last heard in Birth By Sleep too, and only for a few lines. That was his last voiced appearance and it's unlikey he could've came back for the remixes since he didn't need come back. Not all voice actors can be vocal or are as vocal as people like Ben Diskin and Quinton Flynn are. Of course, that's partly because we've already heard them speak. Same with Alyson. I just like to think they can't say anything about it until we've heard them speak so they are pretending they aren't going to be affiliated with it. We probably won't find out if they're back until we play the game ourselves and watch the credits roll with all the actors and actresses names in them. Remaining optimistic is both what I do and my downfall. If I'm wrong, then I'm just going to have to deal with it.

I can't see anyone taking over Vexen/Even's English VA role.

11 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I can't see anyone taking over Vexen/Even's English VA role.

Neither can I. Just like most of the characters in this game. The voice actors fit their personalities really well. Listening to anybody else but Haley Joel Osment voicing Sora would've been bizzare to me. His voice was iffy in 0.2 and DDD, but he's more than proved himself that he can still voice this character, especially with all the really good voice work he did in the recent trailer. That scream was both agonizing and awesome to listen to. 

2 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Neither can I. Just like most of the characters in this game. The voice actors fit their personalities really well. Listening to anybody else but Haley Joel Osment voicing Sora would've been bizarre to me. His voice was iffy in 0.2 and DDD, but he's more than proved himself that he can still voice this character, especially with all the really good voice work he did in the recent trailer. That scream was both agonizing and bone-chiling to listen to. 

But it's not the first time that iconic voice actors have been replaced.  Billy Zane comes to mind.  I think he got caught up in some controversy and so was replaced.  I think Billy Zane was an appropriate for actor for XH since his voice was dark and menacing whereas the guy that took over sounded hoarse and gruff.

19 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

But it's not the first time that iconic voice actors have been replaced.  Billy Zane comes to mind.  I think he got caught up in some controversy and so was replaced.  I think Billy Zane was an appropriate for actor for XH since his voice was dark and menacing whereas the guy that took over sounded hoarse and gruff.

Yeah. Unfortunately, it happens sometimes for certain reasons. I did like Billy Zane more, but that too I had to get used to after KH 1. Richard Epcar just sounds a bit too over the top. Of course, just because you get used to it doesn't always mean you have to like it. Some people just don't like what they don't like and there's nothing wrong with that. As long as it isn't an exaggeration and your not hurting anyone, It's fine. I'm probably never going to like Alyson as Kairi, but I'll get used to it. If you don't like it and you're not used to it, that's fine too. I just try not to mention it as much as I can because I don't want to make it seem like I'm complaining. Stuff like this is never has black and white reasoning, so it can be hard to talk it over with people.

32 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Yeah. Unfortunately, it happens sometimes for certain reasons. I did like Billy Zane more, but that too I had to get used to after KH 1. Richard Epcar just sounds a bit too over the top. Of course, just because you get used to it doesn't always mean you have to like it. Some people just don't like what they don't like and there's nothing wrong with that. As long as it isn't an exaggeration and your not hurting anyone, It's fine. I'm probably never going to like Alyson as Kairi, but I'll get used to it. If you don't like it and you're not used to it, that's fine too. I just try not to mention it as much as I can because I don't want to make it seem like I'm complaining. Stuff like this is never has black and white reasoning, so it can be hard to talk it over with people.

Plus, Square Enix has used plenty of voice actors over the years.  I think Genie had like three voice actors (one was Robin Williams for two of the movies and an educational segment), the other was the voice of Homer Simpson and I forgot the third.  I just can't see anyone else voicing them but it's possible like with what happened with Billy Zane being replaced by Richard Epcar.  We've also lost plenty of voice actors along the way like Mickey's previous voice actor that passed away some time around Days (I think), along with Vexen's Japanese VA, MX's Japanese and English voice actors, and Ansem the Wise's previous actor dying. 

As time goes by, people come and go.  It's just a matter on if the replacement can pull off a good impersonation of them.  I hope KH3 gives some sort of tribute to the voice actors that have passed on in the end credits.

14 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

Plus, Square Enix has used plenty of voice actors over the years.  I think Genie had like three voice actors (one was Robin Williams for two of the movies and an educational segment), the other was the voice of Homer Simpson and I forgot the third.  I just can't see anyone else voicing them but it's possible like with what happened with Billy Zane being replaced by Richard Epcar.  We've also lost plenty of voice actors along the way like Mickey's previous voice actor that passed away some time around Days (I think), along with Vexen's Japanese VA, MX's Japanese and English voice actors, and Ansem the Wise's previous actor dying. 

As time goes by, people come and go.  It's just a matter on if the replacement can pull off a good impersonation of them.  I hope KH3 gives some sort of tribute to the voice actors that have passed on in the end credits.

I think it would be really nice if they did a tribute to Nimoy and Xehanort's Japanese voice actor in particular as well as Christopher Lee. I know that Mickey's voice actor wasn't as iconic, but I would like see them acknowledge him as well. Of course, as bad as it sounds, I don't even know who is original one was. 

I think it would be really nice if they did a tribute to Nimoy and Xehanort's Japanese voice actor in particular as well as Christopher Lee. I know that Mickey's voice actor wasn't as iconic, but I would like see them acknowledge him as well. 

I think we all do.  I remember Master Xehanort's JP VA was the father of Terra's Japanese VA.  He also voiced Captain Hook.  I think a list of late VA for tributes might work.

I just hope that we get to hear more from Jesse McCartney, Derek Prince, and whoever took over the roles for Ansem the Wise and MX.

8 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

They probably constantly beg him to come back and he probably does it unwillingly. I heard somewhere that it's sometimes painful to do.

I mean, all voice acting is hard to do to some extent. Considering he has to pull out that manic voice, I don't blame him for saying so. However, it's not like he doesn't do these projects unwillingly. He HAS to sign new contracts for all of these completely separate projects & I doubt he would if he didn't want to.

39 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I think we all do.  I remember Master Xehanort's JP VA was the father of Terra's Japanese VA.  He also voiced Captain Hook.  I think a list of late VA for tributes might work.

I just hope that we get to hear more from Jesse McCartney, Derek Prince, and whoever took over the roles for Ansem the Wise and MX.

Yep and his son his voice acting as the Japanese Master Xehanort in his stead which I think is really sweet. A list of them in the credits would do nicely.

I believe Ansem the Wise has been voiced by Corey Burton since Birth By Sleep. He voice acts Yen Sid throughout the whole series and voiced Count Dooku in the Clone Wars animated series. He sounds like Corey Burton, so I'm not worried about whether he's coming back or not. I'm curious as to who is voicing Master Xehanort. He doesn't sound like anyone I've heard before. He could be one of the voice actors in Disney's arsenal. A lot of the Kingdom Hearts characters are voiced by people connected to Disney after all. Gula's voice actor in particular played a character in one of their sitcoms, called Bunk'd. He could also be someone completely new or someone that has voice acted in a bunch of other things. Hopefully Derek and Jesse come back and put our worries to rest.