Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Scsigs

KHIII English Dub Voice Actors

3 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Yep and his son his voice acting as the Japanese Master Xehanort in his stead which I think is really sweet. A list of them in the credits would do nicely.

I believe Ansem the Wise has been voiced by Corey Burton since Birth By Sleep. He voice acts Yen Sid throughout the whole series and voiced Count Dooku in the Clone Wars animated series. He sounds like Corey Burton, so I'm not worried about whether he's coming back or not. I'm curious as to who is voicing Master Xehanort. He doesn't sound like anyone I've heard before. He could be one of the voice actors in Disney's arsenal. A lot of the Kingdom Hearts characters are voiced by people connected to Disney after all. Gula's voice actor in particular played a character in one of their sitcoms, called Bunk'd. He could also be someone completely new or someone that has voice acted in a bunch of other things. Hopefully Derek and Jesse come back and put our worries to rest.

Yeah.  I was hoping that James Earl Jones would voice MX but the voice I heard doesn't sound like him, it's not as deep as James Earl Jones'.

1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

Yeah.  I was hoping that James Earl Jones would voice MX but the voice I heard doesn't sound like him, it's not as deep as James Earl Jones'.

I know some people wanted the dude from back to the future to voice him, but I don't know how well he would've fit the role.

2 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I know some people wanted the dude from back to the future to voice him, but I don't know how well he would've fit the role.

I wonder what other roles he was in.  What would make him a candidate to be MX's voice actor.

3 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I wonder what other roles he was in.  What would make him a candidate to be MX's voice actor.

I dunno, actually. I think it may just be the fact his voice is a bit gravely. If you've ever seen Over the Garden Wall, he voiced the Woodsman.  He's played at least two villians before, but I've honestly never heard what he sounded like in these animations, since I never watched Cyberchase or Disney's Anastasia.

2 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I dunno, actually. I think it may just be the fact his voice is a bit gravely. If you've ever seen Over the Garden Wall, he voiced the Woodsman.  He's played at least two villians before, but I've honestly never heard what he sounded like in these animations, since I never watched Cyberchase or Disney's Anastasia.

I believe James Earl Jones voiced Mufasa and is going to voice him again in the 2019 TLK remake. 

2 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

Has it been confirmed yet if David Gallagher and Jesse McCartney are coming back to reprise their roles yet?

No, but it's more than likely that they have by now. David & Jesse have been voicing their characters for more than a decade now. i can't imagine that they'd stop having them back after they recorded for 1.5 & 2.5's cinematics for 358/2 Days & Re:coded.

I heard Vexen's VA say he wasn't called back. I am curious about that one as well. 

Derek Stephen Prince's voice is too iconic to try to get a voice double, especially when he's probably very easy to get. He said he wasn't months ago, but it's more than likely him, Jesse, & David are under NDAs & can't discuss being in the game until either the game is out, or Square or Disney announce they are, or they get the go ahead. I mean, a few VAs have confirmed their involvements on social media, but the rest that we have confirmation of we've either heard in the trailers, or Square have announced them, or we can guess by the characters' most recent actors. Hell, some things on the IMDb page I linked for this game weren't added till after I posted this, which leads me to think that I may have influenced that, since those VAs haven't been confirmed yet.

Probably though I hope that's not the case.  I haven't heard Even talk in the recent Kingdom Hearts games.  He only had a mention and a cameo in DDD and that was back in 2012.  That's what I think was his last appearance so far.

I mean, why wouldn't they get DSP back? Just because the character hasn't had speaking lines in 6 years doesn't mean a voice actor won't come back.

1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

But it's not the first time that iconic voice actors have been replaced.  Billy Zane comes to mind.  I think he got caught up in some controversy and so was replaced.  I think Billy Zane was an appropriate for actor for XH since his voice was dark and menacing whereas the guy that took over sounded hoarse and gruff.

Billy Zane was replaced out of necessity, though. He starred in a controversial Turkish film that demonized the American troops in Iraq, as I explained up top. The only actors to be replaced before III were done so out of necessity because either the actors died, like Christopher Lee & Leonard Nimoy, or retired & so they had to find voice doubles. These few won't be replaced, honestly. They're too distinct & known to be replaced.

26 minutes ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I think it would be really nice if they did a tribute to Nimoy and Xehanort's Japanese voice actor in particular as well as Christopher Lee. I know that Mickey's voice actor wasn't as iconic, but I would like see them acknowledge him as well. Of course, as bad as it sounds, I don't even know who is original one was. 

Wayne Allwine was Mickey since the 80s & you don't know who the guy was? Shame.

Anyways, maybe they will, maybe they won't. As far as we know, the only names that'll be included are 300 people's usernames from Union X. We don't know about anything else.

25 minutes ago, Scsigs said:

Wayne Allwine was Mickey since the 80s & you don't know who the guy was? Shame.

I'll admit, I'm pretty young and not well-educated in the history of who voices most of the Disney characters, so no I don't know who he is. 

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

2 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

I'll admit, I'm pretty young and not well-educated in the history of who voices most of the Disney characters, so no I don't know who he is. 

I can probably link you to some videos.   I believe he voiced Mickey Mouse in House of Mouse.