Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vaude

Info | Sign ups The Haven (Sign-ups and OOC Chat Thread)

11 hours ago, Cam1949 said:

(Sorry Christmas is right around the corner I will try to do better.) 

I forgot to respond to this sooner, but don't worry about the wait.  Eight days is not that bad for a timeframe, so you are good there.

~~ ~~ ~~

In other news, Endless informed me that he is dropping out of the RP for a time until he has more free time for it.  Selene will be put on ice until then and kept until desired once more.

If you, Endless or others, would like, a new character can be created by killing off one of your previous characters.  The limit of two characters is still in effect, so you don't have to end a previous characters' life if not desired if you have one character.

So i wanted to explain that I personally imagine the sounds that are being made by the Hex Beast and when summoned, the Skeleton King are similar to the sounds of the Menos, from bleach. Very loud but empty at the same time.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

@Vaude, how would you feel if I incorporated some blood magic for Kolm?  I am feeling rather limited with his ice elemental magic, and I think it might make things rather interesting.  I would stick with the parameters of his abilities in his character sheet, but I was thinking that potency of his spells may be affected.  If you have some ideas on how to best incorporate the blood magic I would be very much interested. :)

All right, I have finally managed to send off my post in order to continue the events happening in the Aquafolk village.  Apologies for the wait; there was a lot I wanted to say and not enough brainpower to put it into pen and parchment.  I hope everyone has had a wonderful series of holidays if you celebrate Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year's Day, or more.

Death.  ×_×

I am kidding, of course, but I think the comment might have been intended for Pang and not Henry regarding the patrician crumpled on the ground and Aprameia.  I was puzzling over this myself.

To be fair i wrote this last night in the midst of waiting leauge match. I was bound to get some names wrong eventually. Anywho the error is fixed

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Excellent choices for active powers, Heart.  They would match the characters well.  I have updated my characters as well, Pang having dexterity/maneuverability up and Winona getting healing magic.

In other news, I have updated the original post of this thread.  Now the post will look cleaner, will be easier to navigate, and have a shop mechanic so that you can purchase items and upgrades with your wonderful amounts of coins.  When you next are in a shopping mood for your characters, grab some items if you'd like.  They can be useful in a pinch.

Additionally, Heart, your money pool should be 1500 coins, not 900.  This will assist your characters in burgeoning into more powerful ones well enough, I feel.  Hope that helps!

Edited by Vaude

For new powers:

Henry: Active power:

Respite: Henry focuses his elemental energy and uses it as healing. Each with varying degrees of effects on top of the healing, takes a few seconds and uses a small chunk of his accumulated power. Can be interrupted by the enemy.

Fire: Restores a slight percentage of his health (Lets say a 1/4). With the additional effect of speeding up his energy build up.

Wind: Restores a slight ammount of health and increases his speed even more.

Water: Restores the most health in the shortest time of all of the styles, may also be used to heal others through spirit connection.

Earth: instead of a burst heal, it increases his natural defense and adds a stacking regeneration effect for a short time. 

Dark: Is quicker and Saps the energy of the enemies around him and into him, building up his energy and healing him. Allowing him to unleash more power.

For Hektor: 
Active: 

Grace: Hektor now has an additional gift ability, in which he bestows himself and his allies with a stacking buff, heightening their physical and magical abilities abilities as well as reducing the costs of their own abilities. Can stack up to three times, but cannot be cast thrice at the same time. Stacks reset the timer on the buff. (4 minutes). After full stacks, each cast of grace only resets the timer.

(lets say a 10% physical and magical boost, and a 9% cost/cooldown reduction on abilities per stack.)

Upgrade: 

Flux: Entropy: Adds the element of entropy onto his attacks, allowing it to deal irreversible damage to a foe, the effect lasts as long as combat lasts, when combat ends, if the enemy survives, they may heal themselves or be healed at normal rates again. 

Sorry that I'm a little slow to claim the rewards, but I have updated Kolm and Rhiannon's character sheets to reflect the new active powers that they have received.  Kolm will be taking dexterity/maneuvabilty up, and Rhiannon will gain shattering weapon.  As for Rhiannon's powered up ability, I will put this toward her shield.

I'm really enjoying the expansion on everyone's characters. :) 

Good choices of powers, you two, and no worries for a delay in obtaining these new powers, MA.  Everybody's lives are filled with busyness as of late, yours especially.

So, what is everyone's opinion on the meal and celebratory feast?  I would be happy to extend it until things slow down and then cut to a time where there is a next mission.

The arena is open too, allowing for people to test their new and old powers and skills against each other.  1v1, 2v2, 1v2, or an all-out brawl -- we can set up a small competition if so desired.

My thanks for understanding, @Vaude!  I predict things slowing up with Overworld soon enough with its closure, so I will be able to focus all of my attention on The Haven quite soon. :)

I think the feast in the Aquafolk village could lead to some opportunities on plot and character development, though it depends on what you have in mind for the feast itself.  Do you have ideas for story reveals, or would our character interactions be predominately filler?

The other issue to consider with the feast, I realize, is the other characters back at the Haven, but they could also be building character over tea.  Ultimately it's up to you and your preferences.  I know that I'm good with either option and don't have much of a preference.  I am personally curious to see how the feast turns out, but if you would rather move forward to the next mission I think that's fine as well.

A drunk Gnome and Undine?  This has potential to be very hilarious.  I am for this!

As for reveals, mostly it is filler/character-development stuff, with some potential for plot information (I am still working out the kinks for the main plotline).  It could prove good for all involved as long as people like going at a slow pace for now with more character development.  The only penalty is that the two groups will be separated until everyone reconvenes at the Haven.  If this is fine, how about we go with this plan, then?  I look forward to seeing more about everyone's characters.

33 minutes ago, Vaude said:

A drunk Gnome and Undine?  This has potential to be very hilarious.  I am for this!

As for reveals, mostly it is filler/character-development stuff, with some potential for plot information (I am still working out the kinks for the main plotline).  It could prove good for all involved as long as people like going at a slow pace for now with more character development.  The only penalty is that the two groups will be separated until everyone reconvenes at the Haven.  If this is fine, how about we go with this plan, then?  I look forward to seeing more about everyone's characters.

Undine's made of water, so alcohol would have an incredibly high effect on her.

Salamander's a total lightweight, even if she doesn't combust the alcohol.

Gnome's size doesn't help with Alcohol ingestion, neither does Sylph.

Henry's the only one who can actualy handle his drinks out of them.

Edited by Scrapmaster