Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vaude

Info | Sign ups The Haven (Sign-ups and OOC Chat Thread)

Better late than never, but I have decided on Lucia's new active power and Reksis's new and upgraded powers:

Lucia:

Tempest Strike: With a wave of her staff, Lucia can send a narrow wave of raw Arc energy across the ground in a straight line, every so often, the wave lets out a small explosion as it traverses, causing extra damage to those unfortunate to be caught in its wake. Lucia can send several of these off at a time, but each Strike requires its own wave of her staff and can only travel in the direction she sends them in to start with.

Reksis:

Crippling Blow: Infusing Void energy into his fist or sword, Reksis hits his opponent of choice with an attack that inflicts a debilitating affliction upon them, visually signified by an ominous, entrapping purple aura upon their person after impact. Crippling Blow weakens an opponents Armour and thus, their Defense, making them more vulnerable to further assault, but only for a few seconds before it wears off. And it'll take longer before Reksis is able to use the move again in a fight, meaning he has to pick his moments carefully.

Vortex Grenade - Chaos Accelerant: A greater understanding of the Void, no matter how minor it is, goes a long way. Now that he has gotten his first taste for how the Void works, Reksis can up the ante: Now he is able to charge up his Vortex Grenade and in taking more time to prepare it, he makes it more of a threat by increasing its damage and area of affect radius. This does require him to take a few extra seconds to do so and the grenade itself starts glowing as to indicate a stronger attack is imminent, but if one finds themselves trapped in this cascade, death could be seen as a mercy that won't come as soon as you'd like it.

Here's hoping I didn't go overboard. lol

Everything looks all right in my book.  I like how you have incorporated a defense-down power via void energy.  Whether this is new or set in stone, I do not know, but it will be useful in time.  Nice work!

By ultimates, do you mean signature moves?  That is fine and dandy to me.  Using your powers in very interesting ways is one of the main reasons why I compiled the list of powers to begin with! There are so many possibilities and combinations that can be done, and please feel welcome to experiment as best as you can.

As an important footnote, if you think that this might be overpowered against players in an arena match, please consult me via PM or some other manner.  Thanks, all.

Convenient for you to mention ultimate Ferria. I have been thinking about Henry's and Hektor's for a bit.

Mostly how Henry's ultimate will change the longer the RP progresses, possibly changing itself entirely.

Hektor will either get more control over the times stop for PVE. Or he will have other variations of his signature move.

Me, being the genius that I am, just blankly stared at Kuni’s character Sheet for Lucia. I then thought “this is Ceres,” having read nothing on the post to confirm that, and then just flat out tapped the middle of my phone screen for a solid 5 minutes before snapping back to reality and realizing that im about to pass out from exaughstion. I need help xD

Edited by HeartOfFerria

In an effort to invigorate the plot and interest in the RP, I am going to move the timeskip to tonight or tomorrow morning instead of Monday night.  Everybody's characters will be sent forward two (2) weeks with 2000 coins added to their pockets.   This can be used for purchasing stuff in the shop which either you or I can keep track of, and if anybody wants to continue their conversations with other people's characters feel free to continue them in flashbacks.  Spoiler bubbles are good for such conversations (example below), as well as PMs with one person posting the entire conversation for all involved (see this link for an example).

Spoiler

In addition to all of this, I confess that I have been negligent in talking on this OOC chat thread, and will attempt to step up my game and use this useful thread more.  With these characters I am rapidly enjoying more and more, I would love to discuss them more and their growth with other characters.  Many potential pairings have been started, and I look forward to seeing and helping implement these burgeoning character connections.

With all that said, Vaude out.

So here's the start of the second segment, short and sweet.  A few weeks have passed, and your characters can interact with others and/or read the letters as you see fit.  This quest is not mandatory, but if anyone wants to try the quest out, try out another one, or jump straight into the fray and go into the plot-relevant quest, please let me know.  The job board can be found on the first post of the sign-ups and OOC chat thread, all the way back on Page 1.  There is some variance in difficulty, from Bronze to Silver to Gold.

Shop You also have 2000 additional gold to spend on weapons, new powers, and the like, so feel free to add anything to your character sheet and subtract the money spent on the shop.  If you are wondering how much money you have or what items you have, look at the job board to find what jobs you completed and what rewards you have.

For instance, Pang now has 2000 additional gold + 1500 coins + 1 extra active power (Save the Village job rewards).  This is now 3500 gold and his newly acquired active power which was already updated.

Arena If anyone wants to fight in the arena and test your powers in a battle, you are allowed to challenge a player (or have your character challenge another player's character).  If they accept, a match can begin.

-- -- -- -- --

Thanks for sticking around, ladies and gentlemen, and I look forward to seeing what greatness you all will achieve as this roleplay rolls into Part 2.

Sounds good!  One cannot go wrong with Status Debuff, and fire magic is very useful.  Please update your character sheet accordingly, and everything should be all set.  Also, Galla never ceases to amuse with her reactions, especially with this latest one.  Who knew a letter can cause such ire.  =P

For myself, I will have Pang gain a weapon upgrade of Odd Weave for his quarterstaff (Shattering Weapon enhancement), and for Winona a passive power of self-cloning.

I am for this idea, and it would be very beneficial to have such an offensive skill on her hands as igniting these patches of poison clouds.  I look forward to seeing you incorporate this new magic into your strategies.

*Angry fist shake*

Protip: I don't recommend spoilering your posts with manual spoiler commands. Apparently it messes up and makes some of the text uneditable, so I got my entire post inside the spoiler. I've added spaces after the flashback so you can just close it and read the post outside of it for your convenience. 

Anyway, aside from that.

Here's Henry and Hektor's new skills. Using both the character's 2000 acquired coins.

Henry: 

Mark of Death: Henry places a darkness elemental mark onto an enemy. This is an instant castable spell that is both difficult to dodge and predict. Henry teleports behind his target utilizing good control over wind magic and darkness, usualy used in the WInd style for its speed, but can be used with any style as it uses Henry's natural dark magic. 

When an enemy receives a mark, they don't lose any attributes, but any attack launched against them, of whatever element, will deal 20% more damage. Only one enemy may be marked for a time, and the mark lasts for three minutes.

Notes: If Henry uses his dark style, the effect lasts longer and any attack onto the target heals him for a portion of the damage dealt. And the limit of 1 target extends to upwards of five simultaneous targets, all marks vanish should he leave the Darkness Style.

Hektor: Passive:

Grace upgrade:

Renewing Grace: On top of the normal bonuses to Hektor's grace (10% physical and damage buff and 9% cooldown or cost reduction per stack.) It now adds a passive health regeneration effect, speeding up one's body's natural healing with careful time magic. 0,5% Hp regeneration per second is granted per stack. With a Maximum of 1,5% at 3 stacks which is Grace's limit.

From what I have heard from DChiuch, the site administrator, manual spoilers are a thing of the past and is not well liked by nowadays coding.  Everything is buttons now, and the older methods are now mainly defunct on this site, which stinks because I very much like typing "[ spoiler ] [ /spoiler]" instead of seeing an ugly block of whiteness, but that's the way things are going now, and is now outside of the site's hands.

In regards to your new active and passive abilities, both are accepted, as we discussed a bit ago.  Mark of Death will be very potent for enemies already susceptible to elemental magic, blowing up the damage output immensely.  Renewing Grace will be a wonderful restorative buff, one which likely can help ward off death if poisoned or subject to damage over time like with slow burn.  I look forward to seeing this, either in the arena or in the field.

23 hours ago, Scrapmaster said:

Question!

Is the arena closed when fights are happening? Or can someone enter it and join the fight whenever they want?

I really don't know, though when a 1v1 is declared I'm not sure if the arena would have any protocols so that it couldn't be interrupted.  It depends on what the Haven's Overlord, @Vaude, thinks.

Eh?!  What?  I am awake!

Oh, arena possibilities.  It depends on the combatants in and out of the game.  If Kolm and Galla are up for a free-for-all, that would be well and good, but if so please post regularly within three days of the last post as per the rules of the roleplay  If taking too long, I will attempt a poke, but it is grounds for forfeiting the match.

Speaking of pokes, *pokes @Nero Kunivas to awakedness*.

Edited by Vaude

I think a 1v1v1 is a good idea, though I'm a bit torn on the current 1v1 becoming such for a few reasons.  Heart and I were planning it out via PM, and we were following special rules to make it more fair/challenging in that we could only use limited actions per turn (like one move from each hand, or what one could reasonable do in an action as opposed to several moves).  I think we were also using this opportunity to build on Kolm and Galla, their similarities and differences, and I'm not sure how it would work adding another character.  That, and I secretly am worried that Kolm and Galla would get crushed very quickly against Henry.

8 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

I think a 1v1v1 is a good idea, though I'm a bit torn on the current 1v1 becoming such for a few reasons.  Heart and I were planning it out via PM, and we were following special rules to make it more fair/challenging in that we could only use limited actions per turn (like one move from each hand, or what one could reasonable do in an action as opposed to several moves).  I think we were also using this opportunity to build on Kolm and Galla, their similarities and differences, and I'm not sure how it would work adding another character.  That, and I secretly am worried that Kolm and Galla would get crushed very quickly against Henry.

Very good points! If you two thought it out through PMs then I will abstain from invading the fight.

As for Henry crushing Galla and Kolm, not that likely considering he'd be crazy enough to invade without any spirits, so it'd be him, without any elements or weapons until he would pull off his dark style as a surprise. Would be a pretty interesting matchup. 

Apologies for being intrusive.