Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vaude

Info | Sign ups The Haven (Sign-ups and OOC Chat Thread)

I dunno about that. Kolm and Galla have their own strengths just like Henry. However a three way fight should probably come later.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

15 hours ago, Scrapmaster said:

Very good points! If you two thought it out through PMs then I will abstain from invading the fight.

As for Henry crushing Galla and Kolm, not that likely considering he'd be crazy enough to invade without any spirits, so it'd be him, without any elements or weapons until he would pull off his dark style as a surprise. Would be a pretty interesting matchup. 

Apologies for being intrusive.

No apologies needed, my friend.  There is no way that you could've known that we had plans for the fight, nor that we were following special restrictions throughout it either.  Thanks for understanding, and I do think it would be an interesting matchup.  I am in agreement with Heart and think a 1v1v1 might be better for next time, but I would definitely love to see it happen and hope that you will consider doing such with us when they get back from dragon slaying. ;)

Im not sure. On one hand its antilife mixed with fire. Something known throughout games to leave residual damage. On the other hand blood magic isnt technically holy healing. Im gonna wait to post till we decide

Doubt he'd be able to close the wounds immediately. But blood magic, having mastery over blood, one's own and other sources.

Kolm could very well speed up his blood clotting and the process the red cells do to heal and close wounds over time. Speed that up for heightened regeneration.

Curative magic is a sort of positive energy, so it likely will have an effect on Galla's death magic, which is a negative energy.  Injuries are rare to heal immediately, so it might take a few posts for one to get back into fighting shape (especially since Galla triple-dipped into death magic), but advanced blood magic can definitely allow early blood clotting as well as other things, like invigorating hearts after cardiac arrest / heart attacks on willing or prone individuals.  Boost that with air magic's deep breathing and you can augment your regen even better by increasing your blood flow and gathering enough air to give your body a surge of oxygen.  That is neither here nor there, but blood magic has a great amount of uses.

I look forward to seeing what the consensus is.  This greatly rouses my interest.

I'd say that Kolm heals through positive energy, most likely.  I agree that he would not be able to heal himself fully, and definitely not right away.  The fact that he is utilizing blood magic will likely augment his healing capabilities, but I do not expect him to come back from this fully, either.

Many thanks for the feedback, everyone.  I know that necrotic damage is a little different than your typical wound/burn, so I wasn't sure what the technical rule would be when it came to healing.

Alright, ladies and gents, I have been convinced by your GM to join this roleplay game, even though I planned to join since the beginning, before RL happened. I know I'm behind on what is going on in the story, but I'll try my best to keep up. Without further ado, here is my sheet.

Name: Iseult Mylis

Race: Dra'tul (Dark Elf)

Appearance: 

Spoiler

2ZUR39E.png

Personality:  Calm and collected, outspoken, observant.

Biography: A Dra'tul from Cecidit the Kingdom of Eternal Night located near the center of the Northern Continent of Caligo in the World of Istrora. Daughter of Yantar and Faera Mylis of Den Mylis, and priestess of the Pale Mistress, the Goddess of Death. Born as part of Den Mylis Iseult was raised in the ways of stealth and spellcasting, both using The Spark as a source for her arcane abilities, the Spark allowed to possess the ability to manipulate time and space on the surroundings. She was meant to be raised to be part of the Ashen Guard, the bodyguards of the Royal Family, but instead choose the path of a priestess in the Nameless Peak, the temple to the Pale Mistress. With the passing of years her resemblance to the princess of Cecidit, Usamea Yinris of Den Yindis, allowed her to act as her body double at different points in time, mostly when going out in diplomatic journeys around the land of Caligo. These travels often put her in harm's way for her uncanny resemblace to the princess, which she accepted as a great honor to her and her den.

At some point in time, other kingdoms, fearing Cicidit's power over death and rebirth, found themselves attacking the ancient kingdom, starting a war that lasted for days. The Kingdom, unable to protect itself from the attack in multiple fronts, decided to use the power of the Spark to seal the city and all land around in a time loop, forcing everyone to relieve the same days over and over and over again. Before this happened Iseult was ordered to leave, disguised as the princess, she was quickly followed by soldiers of the different armies for many days until she and her bodyguards reached the Frozen Wastelands of the North, a wild land covered in snow and cold air, there she got separated from her group and lost conciousness for quite awhile, only to wake up in a cave along with one of the soldiers of the enemy's armies.

She decided to act as if she was just a young elf who was escaping from the horrors of the war so this strange Elf of Light could bring her to the closest city or town, she ended up in the Imperial City of Exire in an audience with the King and Queen themselves. One of the members of the Court harbored hate towards the Dra'tul and instead of giving her a chance to explain herself, he attacked, and was destroyed by the power of the Spark she commanded. The soldier who had found her asked the King and Queen to be her guardian since her previous ones had died in the Frozen Wastelands, and so she was allowed to live under the care of the Lady Ethiriel Ar-feiniel, Judge Magister and Leader of the Knight of the Round of the Northern Continent.

Attributes: Teleportation and Self-cloning

Abilities: Water/Ice, Lightning, Healing and Shield

Weapon: Daggers, Bow and arrows

Signature Move: Blessing of the Fate Weaver: Once per fight Iseult is allowed to pray to the Pale Mistress to grant the necessary amount (1 hp) back to her allies (herself and up to two more people) once they fall in combat, allowing them to be brought back to life once without the need of Elixirs or a Phoenix Feather.

Edited by Elrandir

Convinced indeed!  I just hope I didn't pester too much.  Welcome aboard, Elrandir, and I hope your adventures in this RP will be at the very least satisfying and at the most extremely fun.  If you have questions or need a recap to catch up on some things, do not hesitate to poke me.

In addition, I am quite pleased to say that your character sheet is accepted.  These are some very interesting abilities to blend together, and I can definitely see her going far.  The signature move is especially interesting, and can be a very useful support measure to keep others from dying off as much as herself without needing a restorative item.  I look forward to seeing this character develop as time plods on!

7 minutes ago, Vaude said:

Convinced indeed!  I just hope I didn't pester too much.  Welcome aboard, Elrandir, and I hope your adventures in this RP will be at the very least satisfying and at the most extremely fun.  If you have questions or need a recap to catch up on some things, do not hesitate to poke me.

In addition, I am quite pleased to say that your character sheet is accepted.  These are some very interesting abilities to blend together, and I can definitely see her going far.  The signature move is especially interesting, and can be a very useful support measure to keep others from dying off as much as herself without needing a restorative item.  I look forward to seeing this character develop as time plods on!

Nah, don't worry about it! I am sure we will have lots of fun together, all of us. At least I hope so!

I just need to think of a way to introduce her and I will be ready to go.

This will be a blast!  I'm so glad that you're here, @Elrandir.  Your new character sounds quite intriguing, too, and the artwork sort of reminds me of Rabs.

As for introducing Iseult, is she new to the Haven, or has she been there for a time?  If she's been there, I'm having Rhiannon head to the shop, potentially with Hektor; perhaps they could meet there.

51 minutes ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

This will be a blast!  I'm so glad that you're here, @Elrandir.  Your new character sounds quite intriguing, too, and the artwork sort of reminds me of Rabs.

As for introducing Iseult, is she new to the Haven, or has she been there for a time?  If she's been there, I'm having Rhiannon head to the shop, potentially with Hektor; perhaps they could meet there.

Thanks! I hope I can contribute with the fun in this game. And she IS Rabs, albeit much, much younger, She is Rabs before losing her memories, that is yet to happen in around 30 years in the future.

I'm thinking that she was already there, but most of the time she was gone doing missions while the party was in the Haven, if only because she works better at night. Maybe they will find her in the shop after she finished her business there.

46 minutes ago, Scrapmaster said:

To be fair I also had a part in the extorsion convincing.

Welcome to our humble abode of misfits!

That you did, sir. That you did, indeed!

Glad to be here, finally.

I'm writing this out to update you on what Rhiannon's purchasing, but this is also for my reference so I can keep track of their wallets and inventory.

Kolm's current wallet: 3500 GP  

Rhiannon's current wallet: 2900 1400 GP

I'll have her purchase:

Adamant Weave (bless the weapon with mercury, making the weapon indestructible by normal means) - 1000 coins
Phoenix Feather (revives a dead ally, or one's self upon death) - 500 coins

38 minutes ago, rikunobodyxiii said:

Should I?

You should!!!

I for one would happily welcome you, bud.  Please familiarise yourself through the original post a little, and set up a character sheet, and we can move on from there.

-- -- --

As an aside to everyone, I am entering the busy season for my line of work in construction where I work long hours on weekdays, so I will likely be a little sluggish in terms of responding to the roleplay.  I will try my best with the time I am allotted, but starting tomorrow this is in effect.

In addition, I will try to move the main quest (the one with the dragon) onward by the next weekend (May 17, hopefully).  Please hang in there until then and have fun with your fellows.  That would be a great time to help with Rikunobody's character too.  I can help there as well.

Edited by Vaude