Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KHWaterBlock

Do you think Jesse McCartney will reprise his role in KH3?

During his livestream on his Facebook page recently, Jesse was asked if he was called to reprise his role as Roxas for Kingdom Hearts III and he told his fans that he has not yet gotten the call.

"I don't know, everybody keeps asking me that. I haven't gotten a call yet uhm so, maybe not.

Personally I think that he just hasn't been needed yet. I know voice acting is weird, since characters aren't recording unless they're needed. So maybe he's just last to be done?

Only reason I know this is because I'm friends with Quinton, and he told me that he didn't get a call until right before E3.

Besides, at this point he's currently not under an NDA because if he was he wouldn't be able to tell anything, such as what Quinton said to me.

What do you think? Do you think they'll replace him?

You can watch his response here with permission from @SingingInJersey!

https://twitter.com/SingingInJersey/status/1040042514672181248

Edited by Andrew Altieri

I mean, Square & Disney like to keep as many VAs as possible, unless they're legit not available, or they find someone better. The only characters they replaced are Genie, who got a better voice double than Dan Castellanetta in re:Coded's cinematics, & Hercules, who got his original VA back in II. Then there's Christopher Lee being replaced by Corey Burton at first for Lee not being available & later because he died, then Leonard Nimoy as old Xehanort, since he died as well. Also, Aerith.

Also, you gotta remember that when Jesse recorded for II.5, he posted a picture to Instagram or something with saying it was for KH fans, then took it down not too long after. Hell, Drake Bell only got revealed to be young Eraqus by retweeting tweets that were sent to him, since he hasn't discussed it yet, & Disney or Square have yet to actually announce the cast list. Also, based on how the trailers have turned out so far, clearly only the majority of returning KH veterans have returned so far, with many more still needing to record their parts. This is a big game & ADR takes a LOT of work for these games, especially when the game isn't 100% finished yet. Roxas, whether he's coming back, is up in the air, but Ven IS coming back. They wouldn't be bringing back Aqua if he wasn't. Jesse IS at least going to voice Ven, no doubt about it.

Edited by Scsigs

I doubt they'd replace him this deep in. The only other main character that got replaced was Kairi, and she was replaced by a voice double that they'd been using for quite some time. Unless there's a real good reason that they don't want Jesse back, he is either lying or just hasn't recorded yet.

I think he might be telling the truth but will eventually get the call. They must be working with the "unexperienced" people first, then they'll move with whoever dominates their role already such as McCartney or Quinton. Haley is an exception since he has A LOT of recording to make.

I think he might be telling the truth but will eventually get the call. They must be working with the "unexperienced" people first, then they'll move with whoever dominates their role already such as McCartney or Quinton. Haley is an exception since he has A LOT of recording to make.

But then why have Bill Farmer, Tony Anselmo, Quinton Flynn, Alyson Stoner (we can assume), Bret Iwan, David Gallagher, James Woods, Willa Holland, Drake Bell, Shanelle Gray, Tate Donovan, Richard Epcar, Benjamin Diskin, James Patrick Stuart, Vincent Corazza, Robin Atkin Downes, & Corey Burton also recorded dialogue? The ADR of this game is being recorded around a few factors we can see; cutscene & gameplay availability & actor availability. Obviously, they're getting the actors who only need to record for one world out of the way first, but they're also getting most of the returning veterans out of the way as well. Seriously, have you never actually watched, or at least paid attention to, the English trailers from E3? There were still some actors that need to record their dialogue, like the Tangled actors, John C. Reilly, & probably a few more actors, but I imagine some of those are a result of actor availability, since those characters are mute in the English versions of those trailers.

Seriously, I just released a thread that was literally me going through the English trailers & seeing who was voiced, then speculating on which actors they'll get back for other characters & also remembering who they got back for the last few main games; KH1, 2, & BBS. Plus knowing who's either been announced for the game, or who have revealed they're part of the game.

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/115050-known-speculated-khiii-english-dub-actors/

What I think we can gather from McCartney not recording anything yet is either he's lying due to an NDA, or that Ventus' part is in the last 3rd of the game, which we know they still haven't completely finished yet. Once they do, I'm sure he'll be brought in to dub the cutscenes with him in it.

Edited by Scsigs

But then why have Bill Farmer, Tony Anselmo, Quinton Flynn, Alyson Stoner (we can assume), Bret Iwan, David Gallagher, James Woods, Willa Holland, Drake Bell, Shanelle Gray, Tate Donovan, Richard Epcar, Benjamin Diskin, James Patrick Stuart, Vincent Corazza, Robin Atkin Downes, & Corey Burton also recorded dialogue? The ADR of this game is being recorded around a few factors we can see; cutscene & gameplay availability & actor availability. Obviously, they're getting the actors who only need to record for one world out of the way first, but they're also getting most of the returning veterans out of the way as well. Seriously, have you never actually watched, or at least paid attention to, the English trailers from E3? There were still some actors that need to record their dialogue, like the Tangled actors, John C. Reilly, & probably a few more actors, but I imagine some of those are a result of actor availability, since those characters are mute in the English versions of those trailers.

Seriously, I just released a thread that was literally me going through the English trailers & seeing who was voiced, then speculating on which actors they'll get back for other characters & also remembering who they got back for the last few main games; KH1, 2, & BBS. Plus knowing who's either been announced for the game, or who have revealed they're part of the game.

What I think we can gather from McCartney not recording anything yet is either he's lying due to an NDA, or that Ventus' part is in the last 3rd of the game, which we know they still haven't completely finished yet. Once they do, I'm sure he'll be brought in to dub the cutscenes with him in it.

NDA? Larxenee VA confirmed her involvement long before we got Larxene in a trailer.

NDA? Larxenee VA confirmed her involvement long before we got Larxene in a trailer.

True, but James Woods also confirmed he was in the game, as did Drake Bell. Literally no one else has stepped forth except Mike & Sulley's VAs, who got officially revealed. The only other people are the ones who you'd expect.

Thing is there’s always this situation where they get actors to reprise their roles directly for the trailers whilst their work is not done or ready yet, the process for te dubbing it’s way harder than it looks. Only time will tell but I definetely think he will come back.

Thing is there’s always this situation where they get actors to reprise their roles directly for the trailers whilst their work is not done or ready yet, the process for te dubbing it’s way harder than it looks. Only time will tell but I definetely think he will come back.

I mean, yes, since the Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie only got its trailer dubbed & they haven't begun to work on the full movie yet, but why would all of the actors have only recorded for the trailers? They not only have those full demos recorded in English, but also other segments of the games. They even reanimated most of the mouth movements of the people who recorded their dialogue. You can't tell me that they didn't record more than that yet, since reanimating the lip movements would be an extremely long process (even though they don't ever do it 100% of the time), so it's more likely that they have had the actors from the trailers record a lot more. I mean, DBSB was only recorded for the trailer because the movie wasn't entirely finished yet, while this game is mostly finished.

I dont remember it 100% or maybe I'm totally wrong with this but didn't Jesse spoiled some Roxas stuff in the past? Believe it was 358/2 days. Maybe they made a contract that he cant tell anyone about his involvement of the game

But on the other hand. They didn't asked Hayden Panettiere back to voice Kairi and went with Alyson Stoner.

I mean, yes, since the Dragon Ball Super: Broly movie only got its trailer dubbed & they haven't begun to work on the full movie yet, but why would all of the actors have only recorded for the trailers? They not only have those full demos recorded in English, but also other segments of the games. They even reanimated most of the mouth movements of the people who recorded their dialogue. You can't tell me that they didn't record more than that yet, since reanimating the lip movements would be an extremely long process (even though they don't ever do it 100% of the time), so it's more likely that they have had the actors from the trailers record a lot more. I mean, DBSB was only recorded for the trailer because the movie wasn't entirely finished yet, while this game is mostly finished.

Since Roxas is the game’s ultimate secret maybe they’re holding back on the dubbing until we’re closer to release in order to avoid any leaks but I’m not totally sure though

Since Roxas is the game’s ultimate secret maybe they’re holding back on the dubbing until we’re closer to release in order to avoid any leaks but I’m not totally sure though

I am just more amp for Kingdom Hearts 3.