Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vaude

Roleplay The Haven (RP)

Henry and his spirits paid attention to Ceres's explanation of where they were, something about being chosen into the 'Haven' and what not, as Ceres explained the situation Henry pondered a bit, staying quiet after she explained he didn't need the map anymore, which caused Henry to turn to look at each of the spirits present, Salamander shrugged, Sylph just ignored him completely and flew away, Undine shrugged as well, Gnome was still hiding inside Henry, always shy that one. 

Sylph flew right towards Ceres, hopefuly not startling the iron clad woman as Sylph began touching and grabbing her hair gently, playing around with it.

"Her hair! Its like silver!" She said excitedly, like a child. Causing Henry, Undine and Salamander to do a simultaenous and facepalm. "Sylph what'd I tell you about messing with people's hairs?" He asked her, to which she then stopped, but looked rather sad at not being able to play with Ceres's hair. But it took all of two seconds for Sylph to regain her excited self and beginning to fly around again.

Soon enough, they were approached by a rather unique looking individual, by the name Hoggart Brookloss, to which Henry smiled, "Nice to meet you Hoggart." He greeted him, as Salamander and Undie nodded in respect to the man. 

"My name is Henry, I am somewhat of a swordsman, you could say. But I guess im more of a spirit wielder, if that's the right word." He introduced himself, and adding a little comment about himself and the spirits.

"This is Undine." Henry spoke, gesturing to her by his side. "Greetings" She spoke, "this is Salamander" Doing the same to her. "Hey there.". And this is...uh.

He was going to introduce Sylph, but she was right up on Hoggart's head, messing with his hair. "It's so scruffy!" She spoke, excited again, quickly floating to his chest area and looking at his breathing apparatus. "What is this?" She asked. 

"And...that's Sylph." Henry spoke shrugging.

"I would show Gnome, but she's shy and doesn't appear much." he finished.

"Now what's this about a Magic Seeker? And are there any others I should meet?" Henry asked him.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Serene froze in her tracks when Pang asked if she’d be interested in spectating a spar between him and Lukkel. Sighing quietly, she turns around, knowing she had to leave a good impression on the two newcomers. “Sure. I don’t have too much on my agenda today, so I suppose I could watch.” She looks to Kolm. “Perhaps you’d like me to see what this one can do?”

The enthusiasm that Lukkel exuded made Kolm ill again, though this time a very different sort of ill.  He straightened, gripping his elbows with his gloved hands.

"I suppose I do not have a choice in the matter and have to watch your sparring," Kolm voiced in response to Pang's sparring suggestion.  "Though you did promise us a drink, which I would be very much grateful for."

Pang seemed friendly enough, and almost as energetic and bubbly as Lukkel.  Serene and Galla seemed more like himself in terms of demeanor; he would probably fit in better with them.  The former had agreed to watch a sparring session, suggesting that she go up against Kolm in the process.  The raven-haired mage raised a brow.  "Pardon, but I believe our tiger friend said to watch, not spar," he said lowly.  "Unless you really crave some action, then I suppose I could see what I can do."

Kolm felt surprisingly well after Lukkel had settled his stomach, though he was hesitant to sign himself up for a match.  He didn't much enjoy fighting.  That was, however, when fighting for the kill; he had never once fought for fun.

((This took a while.  Sorry for the wall of text, folks.))

The white tiger, having witnessed the interchange between Galla and Lukkel and her passing on of Kolm, would have voiced his concern about what he just saw, namely an injury that wisked across Galla's throat that happened recently.  However, he did not want to alarm the girl or anyone around her, and so, against his better judgement, he kept silent.  Upon hearing a query, he flashed a glance in Reksis' direction, taking in the interesting humanoid's size as well as his armour and four arms.  He had to marvel at this interesting individual that graced his eyes, a species meant for athleticism and fighting clad in fine armaments.  Yes, he would be uniquely beneficial to Haven, though he had to wonder about the little mechanical eyeball that hovered nearby him at all times.  What was its use, he wondered?

"Lukkel here would be correct, and if you've questions just ask, though forgive me if we walk while you do so.  You're at Haven, friend, a name I am certain would be foreign to you, and a place at the nexus of many worlds and universes.  For a quick rundown, you were brought here by Haven for your skills, as with all of us, and selected to preserve the orderly state of things in all of our known worlds.  Several of you are new, so us older folk were heading to an arena to show some of the skills we use.  You are welcome to join us, of course, though . . . where is your caretaker?"

Hyperventilating could be heard coming down the hallway, followed by the loud slaps of flip-flops running along the cement floor.  If anyone dared to look, the reasons for these sounds came from a short, skinny, and somewhat comely woman of nineteen that bounded into the hall with the full vigor of youthfulness.  Detracting from it all, including her cotton-candy-blue hair, was a beaglepuss planted neatly on her nose, making her look rather comical.

"Ah," voiced Pang with a knowing grin.  "I see what happened now."

The girl ran past, checking Room Number 40 with all haste, and, finding it empty and without a vomit pool, quickly rechecked the location of the chosen individual.  Still finding it to be that room, she looked left and right in panic and, spotting the assortment of new faces, bounded in their direction.

"Sorry I am late!" she voiced with a lanky bow, the action tossing her comical set of glasses clatter to the floor.  "Whoops, heh, I forgot those were on.  I was trying to brighten somebody's spirits earlier and lost all track of time!"

"It's all right, Uzumeashy," Pang replied, scratching the bridge of his nose with a finger.  "We are all set with our friend here, unless you would like to take him and show him the ropes?"

"Nope, I think he is best in your guys' hands!" said the girl, Uzumeashy, with a goofy smile on her face as she picked up her beaglepuss and propped it on her nose once more.  "Welp, I'll go back to kitchen duty, in that case.  I'll whip up something good for you all out of the food we gathered in the other worlds!"

With that, she fled the scene, zipping off in the direction of the mess hall.  Pang looked at the rest of the gang, grinned, and shrugged.

"That girl was our lead cook," he commented.  "She helps out every now and again, and though she is a bit of a scatterbrain at times her meals are absolutely scrumptious, especially when the meals involve meat.  Anyhow, shall we move on?"

The arena was spotless upon entry, dutifully cleaned by maintenance drones so that there was hardly a speck of dust on the entire coliseum.  The ground was graded to levelness and uniform flatness, and a grid of almost invisible squares separated the stands from the arena itself.  The ground would have been an oddity considering the fact that earth magic was used in the last arena match, but the reason for this lay in the fantastic cleanup mechanisms of the arena which made quick work of any mess.

Pang led the the group that followed him to the stands, where, upon their entry, food service drones came to provide those that sat with food and drink.  There was a wide selection of both, chiefly because the imagination was the limit, though there were suggestions offered of wine, several club sodas, water, peanuts, cockatrice drumsticks, and the classic bags of popcorn.  Whatever the folks wanted, the food drones gave between one and fifteen minutes.

Soon enough, the spectacle would begin with a shower of lights that scattered along all sections of the room, and the arena doors on one side opened up to reveal Galla and Pang walking into the heart of the coliseum.

"I'll let you set the rules for this match, Galla," the Zouyu offered as he walked, a tentative smile on his face as he looked over to her.  "Unranked or ranked, for fun or to the death or to first blood, it will be yours to decide before we get this underway."

-- -- --

Hogarth watched the elemental spirits with abundant curiosity, smiling as each of his eyes blinked and completed a revolution before opening back up again.  He was especially surprised when the green one went up to his head and neck and asked questions, but he certainly liked the girls as well as the human that they accompanied.

"How fascinating!  These must be elementals, and the four standard elementals, too, of all things!  I have only read of them before, but it is nice to see them and meet them.  Pleased to make your acquaintance, you three, and to you, Henry.  We don't get many swordsmen in these parts -- Ceres is one of them here (hi, Ceres!) -- and I only know of three people that used spirits.  Most of us are magicians who use our own powers.  Not so much myself.  I value my machinations.

"As for this magic seeker, she's an interesting one, " babbled on Hogarth, apparently rather talkative once he gets comfortable.  "Her skills are prestigious, though leaning towards the dark arts.  Thankfully she hasn't lost herself . . . yet.  The powers of refined darkness are tempting.  I dabbled in it myself once, and that was a mistake.  It led me to obtaining this thing in my neck, a breathing apparatus that filters out the self-replicating darkness within me and brings in more air.  It needs a tweaking.  I haven't touched it in a while, but I digress.  Ceres, you asked me a question!  My work is coming along.  My any-flavour yogurt maker is almost finished, though for some reason it only creates trout-flavoured yogurt.  Never mind why it is trout-flavoured.  It just is for whatever reason."

Edited by Vaude

“Ranked...To the Death. As is natural.” Her skulls floated into the air. “Are we playing by ladies first?” She grins, having not experienced combat in a while, the thought of dissecting the Zhouyu was utterly exciting. This match wouldnt have lasted if she said first blood. So Galla decided on her plan swiftly.

Ceres smiled “thats....unusual per say” her head then turned towards the arena. “Somebody is clashing. Should we go check it out? I can show you the arena while we are there.” She asks Henry.

The white tiger flashed a grin that revealed his sharp canines, the thrill of the fight trickling into his bloodstream and making his pulse quicken, his adrenaline spike.  It was not becoming of a monk to feel the heated waves of battle, but he was no ordinary monk.  Pang mused over the choosings excitedly:  ranked and to the death, a battle that meant something more than a simple sparring match.  Thankfully this arena was outfitted for these types of things.

As the two took their places, he twiddled the pendant at his neck, fingers tracing over the ivory from which it was made, then prepared the announcement.

"Those who are with us today, this battle will be a ranked duel, and the fight will be to the death of one or both of us.  Mind you, the arena is prepared with a golden light that prevents true death and heals both the fallen and the victor to full health and vigor, which makes learning from the arena quicker, easier, and without much of a downfall.  You will still feel pain, however, and the passing of death is not the quick and easy cutting off of pain that you might assume it to be.  With all of that knowledge, let's begin.  Galla, ladies first."

As he was talking through this, he pulled his padded gloves on snugly, the fire enchantment upon them glowing with an incarnadine glimmer.  After that, he took one of the uniform stances of the monastery in which he was raised for a good portion of his life.  He had to be ready, ready for anything.  Necromancers were tricky foes, and he had never fought Galla before, to his memory.  She might have an abundance of tricks greater than summoning undead thralls and projected bones.

Edited by Vaude

Galla smiles and thr skulls opened their mouths, a thick red smog fell upon the battle field. Obscuring vision and draining the strength from both Pang and Galla (Strength Down). The Necromancer then swiftly attempted to slip away from view using the Smoke as cover. ‘I need to play for the long game’ she thought before positioning two of the skull around Pang having them begin to chatter and clatter.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Pang kept his guard up as he watched the fog roll throughout the arena, fists glittering with a new magic that glowed a deep green hue in stark contrast to the red of the smoke.  Such was a natural gift of his, an ability that others had dubbed a supercharging magic for its synergistic nature.  In this case, however, he used it for his own purposes.

Setting himself into a boxing position, he threw supercharged open fists in the direction of Galla, and air pierced the fog as it travelled to where Galla was previously.  Unfortunately for him, however, there was no responsive oof or sound in general, which caused him to believe that she had slipped elsewhere in the fog.

How troublesome, he thought to himself, feeling the torpor of the fog drain his muscles of strength.  Worse yet, some of the skulls were launched in his direction and seemingly circling him, considering their ill-boding chatter of teeth.  He needed to move or take the skulls down or both.

Whipping out his quarterstaff and swinging it about in a consistent alternating diagonal, he took quick strides towards the leftmost skull at the time and swung quickly at it with a flurry of three blows.  Whether or not any of the blows struck the skeletal remains of the head, he would launch himself forward in aim of escaping the skulls with a brisk run.  Fleeing was better than later being stuck in a pincer formation, and he hoped that the skulls would lose track of him.

He scoured the smoke-filled arena, seeking out Galla and whatever traps that lay ahead in the fog-strewn openness.  His eyes darted back and forth as he halted close to one of the walls and waited.  He wanted to check and see if Galla could sense his position or not within this fog.  If not, he would have even grounds when fighting her in this environment.

Kolm meekly followed along with the rest of the group into the arena, helping himself to a bubbly beverage from one of the refreshment stands before taking a seat in the surrounding bleachers.  He could handle witnessing a fight, though he inwardly hoped that Pang would win.  Someone haughty such as Galla deserved to lose, in his opinion, especially because of the way that he was treated earlier.

Fighting to the death, though . . . .  That did sound brutal, even if no permanent death would occur as a result from their clash.  Kolm had skirted death quite widely before, never close enough to feel what it would've been like to die.  He wasn't particularly interested in finding out what it would be like, nor feeling the pain affiliated with it.

He took another sip of his drink, considering those who sat around him.  Perhaps it would be wise to become further acquainted with his allies, but Kolm was rather distrusting, something he had acquired during his enslavement of the bandits.

Lukkel was so excited to see a fight, he wanted to know what other people are capable of since these people are powered like him. He sat on the bench next to Kolm watching with interest, "So, who do you want to win... I honestly hope it's Galla. Pang is really cool don't get me wrong, but I think that Galla has a more honest look on life." Lukkel stated without looking back towards Kolm. "I think being here is the greatest thing to happen to us ya know. Being able to help different worlds is the type of life I've never thought possible. I don't think we will ever have another chance like this, and we sure don't want to waste it. So, who do you want to win, and tell me about yourself... As I told you, I was genetically altered to be the person I am by my own parents. Sometimes I wonder if they even loved me, but then I remember I have nicer parents now and am quite happy, but you should never forget where you come from, because that is your starting line." Lukkel said with his hand on his chin still watching the fight taking in all he can about the two fighters.

Edited by Cam1949

One skulls shatters while the other floats away into the darkness, continuing its clattering. Galla got low to the ground and prepared two summons with each of her hands. She placed them both on the ground. “Skeletal warrior, Skeletal Assassin. come forth. Cause my enemy strife, and pain.” She whispered as the skeletons rose from the ground, one clad in thick bone armor, the other in a dark cloak made of what seemed like shadow. The mage then swiftly changed position again as the assassin split from the warrior. The warrior clattered its teeth together loudly

Edited by HeartOfFerria

"Afraid I wasn't born with notable talent for magic, although I was born with some." Henry commented while shrugging, Undine and Salamander only nodded to further drive home the point he was utterly horrible controling his magic in the past.

Henry then went on to hear about this other magic user, and the distinct wording about dark arts brought his attention, he raised an eyebrow as Hoggart spoke about himself and how the darkness within him replicated itself and that breathing apparatus filters it out. It was true, bad use of Darkness magic came at severe costs to both body and mind. Henry understood it more than anyone else, he was born with dark powers.

"What's a yogurt?" Sylph asked, curiously floating around Hoggart as he mentionted the yogurt machine, clearly interested in what Hoggart was up to.

Henry turned around as Ceres spoke to him, the mention of an arena rose an interest in him, and Salamander, who was conveniently standing right beside him, with an arm folded and a hand on her chin, she was the spirit of fire, embodiment of all fighting spirit.

"Sure thing Ceres, it'd be a good way to introduce myself to the others, and see what the others can do". He replied to her with a smile.

Edited by Scrapmaster

- Reksis Sahn, the Voidstalker - The Safe Haven, New Arrivals Sector -

The young one known as Lukkel and the one in the know: Pang, introduced themselves and each gave the baffled Reksis a brief summation of what was going on and where they were. Reksis's Ghost meanwhile, kept close to the Eliksni in question and listened quietly. "Lukkel, Pang. My name is Reksis Sahn, of the House of Dusk." Reksis began, with a short bow of respect to those present, the smile of Lukkel in particular was one of youthful naivety and curiosity, while Pang's was welcoming, friendly, yet he also seemed to be in wonder, possibly eyeing Reksis's arms or perhaps astounded by the fact that he hadn't been sick, he couldn't know for sure. "And, Kaliks Prime is a lost, old god of my people. The machine went missing eons ago, but never mind him." He added, this tidbit he hoped would be received well by the young one.

After the visitation of a strange girl called Uzumeashy, for some reason causing him irritation with the mere thought, Reksis walked with the group to the Training Arena; A coliseum devoid of battle damage, blood or even dust, remaining perfect for combat as if it were its first day. Whomever the cleaning staff were clearly proficient and highly compensated, surely. Ghost gave the ground a quick scan, looking to Reksis. "It is absolutely spotless, better than the Sweeper Frames back at the Tower! By the slightest of margins. Definitely the work of other machines, though." Ghost noted, fascinated by the technology of this Haven already, though Reksis held some interest in what he was saying, he was more interested in Pang and the Necromancer, referred to as Galla, preparing to engage in a Deathmatch.

"To the death, you say? Yet with resurrection..." Began Reksis, tilting his head a little with curiosity, Ghost being quick to interject; "Reminds me of the Crucible. With less Shaxx...how dreadfully droll, but it'll do." Snark oozed from the Traveler-Born, who followed Reksis to the stands, wherein he would take a seat with the others and taking some water and a Cockatrice Drummer...or two, opening his helmet just a little bit, so his mouth was free, having a bite and quickly washing it down. Light-based Ether or not, despite his lack of vomiting, Reksis was famished from the rough transmat, generally having that effect on him regardless of its comfort.

- Lucia Quinn, the Raging Tempest - The Safe Haven, The Coliseum -

The sounds of a large group of onlookers and the distinctive noise of combat in the adjacent Training Arena proper perked Lucia's interest, who took one more swig of water and donned her helmet once more, sealing it and putting her hood up, leaving her seat and heading toward the doors. Keeping her distance from the current fight, Lucia simply leaned against the following archway and observed Pang facing off against Galla.

The Necromancer versus the Warrior Monk. Not a fight Lucia ever tires of, really.

(Sorry Lucia's one is small, didn't know what else to do right now. :P )

Pang glared into the fog, awaiting activity, but none seem to come.  Finally, he heard the death clatter of skeleton teeth.  No footfalls of bone on stone, so it must have been stationary or another of the floating skulls, or its efforts of quieting its steps were top-notch.  Was it a distraction?  Maybe so, but for what he did not know.

Keeping on guard, he used his quick speed to circumnavigate the chattering and drew his quarterstaff anew, aiming to break the clattering thing like the skull from previously.  Skulls or skeletons, bone is bone, and bone can shatter well under a Shattering Weapon strike.  He did not quite expect a skeletal warrior, however, reinforced with bone armour, but he aimed to break through regardless.  Spinning his quarterstaff in a Shattering Weapon strike, he aimed that blow at the base of the spine, then another regular blow toward the head.  His aim was to remove its mobility, then the head, diffusing the situation of having a warrior haunt him entirely.  He was reserved, however, and his eyes danced from side to side in search for outside influences.  The necromancer was still at large, and who knew how many other things lay hidden in the gloom.

((Shattering Weapon in this case can be used only once before it has to be recharged.  The more it is stacked [once per post up to three times], the better the armour penetration and destruction is.  This can be used in synergy with other abilities well, especially in the use of Shield energy, which shatters easily like glass and can create a lot of shards, again similar to glass.  Clones can charge separately, though their effectiveness is decreased until they merge back with the original.))

-- -- --

Meanwhile, Hogarth really enjoyed the subjects brought up, especially that of magic and yogurt.  However, the arena caught more interest for him.  The coliseum brought him many imaginative ideas for research and study as he tried to create golems and robots of a unique nature, ones with white, pristine souls and free will without having to rob of other creatures.  Sadly, such work was very, very difficult.  He had not come across any results over the last several dozen trials, and it was only complicated further because he had to work inside his room on such a practise.  Thankfully he had one of the biggest personal rooms Haven had to offer for the abundance of stuff he collected.

"Then it's decided.  Let's pay the arena a visit!" he voiced, trying his best to control his wheezing as the apparatus at his neck took in air.  "From the sounds of things a good number of folks are already gathered, so you could meet a number of them, Henry and others.  And on the subject of yogurt, it is a delicious milky treat, smooth and delicious with fruit.  I'll offer some to you when I perfect my machine, Sylph, unless you like trout.  We will follow your lead, Ceres."

Ceres nodded and motoned to follow. “I wonder who is fighting today. Depending on the matchup it could end swiftly. So we may want to hurry. So let us set a brisk pace.” Ceres explained as she walked faster. Her heavy armor clanking as she walked. “So henry, how did you come across those three...four.” She corrects herself having forgetten momentarily that he mentioned a forth spirit.

———————

Galla’s Warrior shattered swiftly and even crumbled. Unable to raise the battleaxe of bone in its boney hands. As its body turned to dust only its skull remained, and it continued to chatter its teeth, unable to move.

The Assassin stralked through the smoke behind Pang. Watching closely, being skeletal it didnt seem too affected by the smoke’s strength down status.

The second and third flaming skull remained floating high in the air they too persisted in their annoyances, clattering and chattering, causing the sound to come from several directions.

Galla, using both hands, cast a swift laceration spell, causing slash marks to appear across Pangs body in an attempt to make him bleed. Her skin burned slightly from her passive skill. She kept moving so she could create her next skeleton. She just had to keep him busy.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Pang allowed himself a moment of satisfaction for the quick takedown of the skeletal warrior, but the chattering continued from both above and from the skeletal warrior's fallen skull, having survived the fall while the rest of it dusted.  His little moment of happiness halted upon being afflicted with all sorts of small cuts.  Some bled moderately to minutely and some did not bleed at all, but they were all surface-level, intent on bloodletting rather than immobilizing.  There was a potential issue, however.  With Galla's performing this negative energy magic, Pang guessed her location from gauging the feel of the number of his lacerations, and he whether this was the case or not he guessed rightly when he travelled in that direction with a reserved jog, catching a glimpse of Galla's long hair and black dress in the crimson fog.

There, he commented inwardly, sheathing his quarterstaff and enhancing his own speed with supercharge magic, quadruple that of a normal individual for a brief moment of time.  With his burst of speed, he caught up to Galla and ran alongside her on her right side, matching her speed as the supercharge magic faded away.

"Return to sender," he voiced before thrusting a palm strike at her upper arm.  If it worked successfully in landing, the humerus bone would snap in her right arm, rendering it useless and potentially causing internal bleeding.  Furthermore, the fire enhancement on his padded gloves would likely leave a decent burn on her skin unless her clothes were insulated.

Galla’s eyes widened as Pang caught her. He struck her head on. She felt her bone break and her skin burn. The burning sensation was normal but the snapping of thr bone truely caused her pain. She bit her lip and moved away from him pressing a hand to the ground as she ran, calling forth another skeletal warrior. It rose from the ground as the chattering from the previous warrior skull persisted. It lifted a large sheild and a spear into its grasp. Both made of bone then it too began to chatter.

The skeletal assassin rushed towards Pang from behind, the tips of its fingers as sharp as knives. Its aim was the middle of his back.

A skull floated down to assist in the flanking of the Monk. Smoke began to pour deeply from its mouth once again

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Pang did not smile this time as he halted, especially when she planted one of her hands on the ground and summoned forth a second warrior.  This one seemed strong as well, carrying itself like a phalanx, and he would have to change things up to take it down in an effective manner unless he finished off Galla first.  However, the clacking of the many skulls' teeth left him feeling on edge.  Typically skeletons did not do such a persistent and annoying noise, which meant this was done on purpose.  He realised this barely in the nick of time, however, when the skeletal assassin slipped behind him and pronged its fingers together.  His heightened sense of touch felt the shift of air behind him, but he failed to dodge the deadly blow entirely.  The knife-like hands jabbed into the left portion of his back, cutting deep.

With a roar of pain and anger, Pang aimed to deliver a chopping motion of his hand to the skeletal hand in his back, aiming to chop it off by the wrist with Shattering Weapon.  Should he be successful, the bloodletting of this crippling wound would be less severe, and the enemy would be out one more weapon that could be used against him.  That was not all.  Regardless of whether it was successful or not, he would turn around to face the skeletal assassin, deliver a open-palm uppercut to its jaw, and fist-jab its throat in an effort to sever the axis of its cervical bones in the neck.  This would render the assassin's head removed and, with luck, the rest of the body would fall to ash.  In the case that anything did not go according to plan, he leapt backwards, away from Galla and her bony companion-warrior, in an attempt to gauge the situation further.

This situation, sadly, was poor for the Zouyu.  He suffered a dangerous strike from behind, his strength was persistently sapped, and he was outnumbered 3 to 1, maybe 4 to 1.  He still had a few trumps up his sleeve, but who knew how many Galla had.

Supercharging his regenerative powers as he placed a hand to his chest, he moved his other hand to his back and removed the skeletal hand.  Blood did not regenerate for him, but the wounds, especially the small ones, were healing at an accelerated rate, and even the wound at his back clotted quickly and prevented further blood loss.  With that, he watched his surroundings and waited, ready for new attacks, especially from above now that the fog thickened again.

The assasin was swiftly silenced and turned to dust in its entirety. It seemed far more fragile then the warrior but twice as deadly.

Galla grumbled as she was down an arm. “Cant dual cast... how bothersome...” she muttered as she kept the Phalanx close. “My King should be saved for a more dire situation. A last resort...but i may have no choice” she then tapped a hand on the ground and summoned another phalanx skeleton. Making them go silent and on guard. Her skulls went silent as well and also returned to her, forming a defence around her. She waited for his next strike.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

"It sounds amazing!" Sylph exclaimed, with stars in her eyes from the excitement of learning of a new type of candy. Floating in the air next to Hoggart, as the man announced they were off to the arena.

"Lets not lose the spectacle, huh Henry?" Salamander exclaimed, trying to act serious but Henry could tell she was excited to watch a fight after days of nothing but walking around. Henry was just happy to have met more people to talk to and now he was going to et acquainted with the rest of the other residents of the Haven. 

Ceres asked Henry an interesting question on their way to the arena. He smiled. "I was waiting for that question" He immediately replied. "I joined a milita group in my home world...and I was weak, weak to the point of being a burden, I constantly needed to be protected because of my poor control over my magic and bad swordsmanship." Henry admited, something he was not proud of, but he was far from the weakling he was then.

"So during one of ours expeditions throughout the continent, I've learned of the spirits, and sought their power and blessings, so that I could finally be of help." He explained his history with the spirits.

"And through that, you became one of the most renowed swordsmen of the Alliance." Spoke Undine. Which made Henry a bit embarrassed, "i didn't do it for the glory." He added. "I did it to help my friends." He finished. 

Kolm crossed his arms over his chest, regarding Lukkel before returning his gaze to the arena.  "If I were to root for a victor, even though I seldom know either, it would be Pang.  At least the tiger is friendly and courteous.  Galla treated me like I was some thorn in her side the moment that she laid eyes on me."  He would not admit that he'd take pleasure in witnessing her defeat, even if it were indeed a mite true.

"Her views, however, are probably a little more realistic than some, I would agree.  I do not mind a fresh start, as in my previous life I had been on the run for years, though I would have preferred the option of joining this cause.  I don't very much enjoy being plucked from my life and being forced to do anything."

His life had always been a matter of few choices, though he didn't elaborate on this point with Lukkel.  "How about yourself?  Where do you herald from?  Anything that you left behind that you'll miss?"  The cold mage considered the possibility that Lukkel had left family or loved ones behind in this greater calling, which he did have empathy for.  Was Lukkel's cheer merely a facade?  It were possible, and he regretted asking the question of his losses the moment it slipped from his lips.

I don't need to make everyone brood like me.

The idea that Lukkel was genetically altered piqued the mage's interest mildly.  "Altered so, if I may ask?  Like, augmented?  Is this why Haven wants you?"

The question on himself, however, was not regarded with such fondness.  Immediately Kolm's face darkened, and it was as though he drew a mask over his emotions.  "My parents thought I was cursed because I could use cold magic.  They sold me, where I was used simply to kill.  Now I make my own way in the world.  That's pretty much all there is to know about me.  I am no one."  He tried to look interested in the fight so that Lukkel wouldn't ask further questions, though inside his cool exterior he was burning, hurting at the memories.

Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a figure–most likely a woman, if gauging by the shape–leaning in the archway to observe the fight.  He assumed that this was another one of Haven's draftees, though he wasn't sure when she had gotten there.  It seemed like she only had recently appeared, as she hadn't been there last time he'd glanced her way.

Lukkel smiled enjoying having a conversation, "I come from Surses, and I have a family back home, but it's not my real family. Don't get me wrong though, I love them vary much I am just glad that I have the ability to save people. Like I was saved from my real parents." Lukkel looked back about the question of alterations, "Well, I have some abilities, it's like magic, but the fact is magic just is just a fantasy. My world is more science then anything." Lukkel looked back at the arena seeing the fight escalating, "My augmentations are probably went got mw here to Haven but I think there might bw more to it." As the fight continues Lukkel stretched his arms and said "Well, it's good to get to know you better and I am sorry about what has happened in your past, but you can start a new here, it's better to be taken without a say then being stuck in a bad life, and you may not have been anyone where you come from but now you can be whatever you want to be." Lukkel noticed Kolm was watching with high interest and ended the conversation while watching the fight.

The silence felt eerie after so long of fighting in the noise of a thousand chattering teeth, but it certainly made concentration a lot easier.  Once Pang felt comfortable that no more risen skeletons were lurking in the fog, he eyed the two phalanx units and the skulls as they formed a defensive barrier around Galla.  Was she trying to recuperate, or summon more reinforcements, or just forestall him as his strength dwindles more and more thanks to the fog?  Either way, he did not like his odds.  He had to break through the formation, though a head-on offense would prove disastrous for him, he feared.  Even with all of his speed, heavy infantry were tough to cut through, but there were other ways.

He locked his hands in front of him, hands shaping a triangle as his thumbs faced each other.  Twisting green strands of ribboning electricity glittered to life around Pang as he readied Piercing Weapon and Shattering Weapon simultaneously, both abilities being stockpiled to the first level of three.  He made no move against Galla right now, but with this act of preparation he could not help but feel confident that this match will be over soon.  Two more charges like this and he could obliterate any defense with overwhelming force, as long as Galla did not take him down first.  His regeneration was still active as well, and while he still suffered from strength loss he was gaining an advantage over Galla in this providential period of downtime.

((I will post for Hogarth later.))

Galla carefully eyed the Monk before kneeling down and touching the ground. Her body then erupted into a purple flame. She intended to end this now.she began to chant an incantation finishing in the same time as thr other skeletons, however she kept going awaiting his attack.

The phalanx brought up their sheilds and prepared to sacrifice themselves for their summoner. Their blades aimed forward incase he rushed them.

The skulls floated closer to Galla one resting on her shoulder resting like a piece of armor.

Pang finished his first charge of both abilities and started upon his second, the electricity coursing slower yet in thicker strands of vibrant energy.  Once finished, after spying the defensive grid around Galla getting tighter and the flare-up of purple energy, he decided two charges would be enough and ran in a counterclockwise fashion toward and around Galla and her skeletal protectors.  Exhaustion kicked in slightly as the fog continued to take its gradual effect, and Pang felt winded after this minimal activity.  He would have to put an end to this fast, else his strength would probably be sapped in full over time and leave him highly vulnerable.

"Here's a little trick for you," he uttered half-audibly, mostly serving as a distraction than anything else.

Mid-run, his supercharge magic activated again, focused within his gloves a second time this battle, and he leapt high in the air with a mighty bound as he still travelled around Galla and her lackeys.  A barrage of three fast-moving air currents would be unleashed in quick succession from his great height, two aimed for the closer spearman's head and right leg (to Galla's left), and one for the necromancer girl herself.

Once Pang landed safely back on the ground, the supercharge magic faded from his fists and instead went into his speed, quadruple the usual running speed again.  With this burst of speed, he rushed toward Galla and jumped anew in a spinning kick, with one leg focused toward her, the other half-stretched to parry any jab of the spear which was anything less than decent.  If his speed-aided kick landed, it would almost certainly knock Galla out of her defensive cocoon of undead creatures, or if intercepted by a phalanx Pang would knock it away a good distance.  If the kick did not meet anything at all, he would land hard on the earthen floor, though other than a few bruises he would be okay.