Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vaude

Roleplay The Haven (RP)

Kolm's eyes ignited with joy as his bowl of soup was placed tenderly in front of him by the automated servant.  Not at the soup, but by the servant who served it.

"Fascinating!" Kolm cried, intrigued by the servant as it swept away.  "Does magic keep it running as well?"

Perhaps this line of work would become quite interesting.  Already Kolm grew less and less interested in interrogating the higher-ups and more so in the environment.  There would be much to see and do, and he partially could not wait to get started.  He scooped a spoonful of soup, watching it steam in front of him for several moments before he took a bite.  His expression changed from blissful, to curious, to hesitant.  Kolm glanced down at the bowl.

"I had ordered Uzume stew," he said, frowning at a chunk of meat that hovered near the surface.  "But, uh . . . what kind of meat is that?  It is like none that I have ever tasted."

It then occurred to him that he would probably regret asking, to which he shook his head.  "You know what . . . tell me another time, perhaps.  Right now I am famished, and I do not feel like vomiting anymore today."

He took in all that Winona had to say, considering the possibility of tasks at hand while carefully chewing a bite of his stew.  Eventually he swallowed, dabbed his mouth with a napkin, and said: "So it sounds like there is not a considerable amount of risk involved in the job, unless you want to take it.  That is good.  I like that we have options, and that we don't have to kill people if we don't wish to."

Kolm's aqua eyes flittered around the room, scanning the cafeteria for the woman (Lucia) he'd seen on the outskirts of the arena earlier that day.  He would've fancied meeting her, if he found the opportunity.

Lukkel followed Winona to the cafeteria and sat down with her and Kolm, seeing the amount of people and estimating on how skilled they are. He looked back towards Kolm as he heard Kolm fascinated by the machine and was goimg to chuckle, but calmed himself when he heard that he has never seen something like that before. As they talked about the job board he ordered 2 BLT sandwiches, and a drink. He looked towards the door that Winona pointed to and wanted to check out all the jobs that were available. But, waited until after he ate since he did kind of lost everything in his stomach. As he continued to scan the room of people he wondered why they looked sad, but remembered what Winona said, he turned around annoyed with an audible "tch" and thought to himself 'These people are mad at us, that is going to get annoying real fast. It's one thing to mourn the death of a friend, but it's another to hate someone you have never met.' "Annoying" he accidently said out loud after noticing Pang arrive making jokes with Winona. "You two seem to know each other for quite sometime... Were you also friends with the six Pang?" Lukkel asked a bit curious about how Pang and the other people in the Cafeteria would react. "Oh, I almost forgot great fight Pang, I wish I would have seen the end but I... W-Wasn't feeling well, yeah sorry." Lukkel said clearly lying.

(Sorry for the late post the weekend I didn't have time and Monday I had to take care of personal problems.)

Edited by Cam1949

"That sounds lovel-' Henry was in the middle of his sentence as Ceres grabbed his hand and began to pull him along, "Well ok then." He commented under his breath as Ceres pulled him, he eventualy caught her pace so the pulling wasn't necessary anymore, but he still wondered about who he could meet in this Haven he found himself in, meeting people was always nice. Albeit Gnome didn't enjoy meeting others much, very shy that one. Undine and Salamander were mostly neutral, Sylph loved to make friends with everyone she met. And play around.

The spirits collectively sighed, except for Sylph, as they began to follow Henry and Ceres to the cafeteria. 

"So who do you want me to meet first Ceres?" Henry asked her, curious.

“I think Pang would be the best person for you to meet first” she smiled as they arrived at the cafeteria. She then pointed thr Zhouyu to the elementalist. There he is. “PAAAAAANNNNGGG” Ceres came running over happily as usual. “I caught the tail end of your fight. What did you say to Galla to get her to fight you?”

Galla slowly walked through Haven, holding the skull as she went. Eventually she arrived at her room. The light in the room was never on. And she liked it like that. Small and dark. Quiet and safe. As she walked towards her bed she pulled a book off the wall and set the skull on one of her hanging plates. Producing reading light for her. The book was a necromatic tome. One of her Master’s that she had when she arrived in haven. She knew it from front to back but what made her comfortable wasnt the pages themselves but the small notes that her master had written to help Galla understand the spellcasting formats and the materials for creating the bigger spells. She would soon fall asleep with thr book in her arms.

The raven-haired young man noticed a shift in Lukkel's mood from their arrival, which struck him as curious.  He seemed . . . irritated?  Impatient?  Upset?  Kolm wasn't quite certain how to properly gauge the emotions of his new friend, though it did unnerve him a little to see Lukkel so out-of-character.

Or, at least, the character that he had known upon his arrival.

Lifting the bowl to his lips, he sipped in some of the stew's broth before his eyes fell upon two newcomers: Henry and Ceres.

"Hello," he started to say to both Henry and Ceres, though they were quick to engage with Pang.  It seemed that everyone here was a close-knit group, which did enthuse Kolm to an extent.  He was unfamiliar with camaraderie and friendship.  Those he'd been employed under were never . . . particularly friendly, let alone someone that he would want to work with.

"Something the matter?" Kolm eventually hissed at Lukkel, when the others were–hopefully–not paying attention and too busy interacting with Pang.

(No worries at all about taking some extra time to respond.  You were still quite timely. :). Real life comes first.  I hope that all is well)

Winona smiled at Kolm's commentary, especially about the mechanical servants of Haven.  She remembered being in awe by it as well, having never seen much of anything automated except windmills and conveyor belts, and even those were not true automations.

"These machines are special in that they run off of batteries.  They plug into the walls and charge themselves to full power very quickly through electricity.  One can liken it to lightning magic, but far, far faster and more dependable.  As for this meat . . . yes, another time would be better, but know that the provider was happy to give it.  The same cannot be said about cows, so that's a plus right there, right?"

Uzumeashy popped her head around that time to scan over her food patrons, and Winona waved at her with a knowing smile.  Uzumeashy was only too pleased to wave back, not knowing about the conversation but always pleased to get the attention.  She slipped back into the kitchen as best as she could on her one remaining leg, feeling very good about herself.

Pang zoned out during this time, deep in thought until Lukkel snapped him back to reality.  He smiled at the boy and answered before Winona could answer for him.

"I was friends with five of them, though I can really only say I was close to three of them.  Harold, Ilyana, Isabel -- they were like the brothers and sisters I never had, so losing all three of them at once is . . . a challenge, to say the least, but I will cope," he voiced, with an added note of expectation that this will happen at the end.  "I do hope you are feeling better now.  That transportation sickness is never fun, and the food will help rest your stomach."

Almost on cue, the remainder of the ordered meals came via automated servant again, each of its several hands holding a mug, glass, or plate in hand with their choice meals and beverages.  Pang remembered then that he needed to order something and brought up his menu, pressing the nicest thing that appealed to his gut.  Weresalmon steaks sounded very appealing indeed, drizzled over with an orange-flavoured sauce and with a side of mashed tubers.  Once you get past the five neckbones from its five heads, the steaks were so meaty that one can get three pounds' worth of meat out of the massive, muscly fish.

Then came Ceres, the lovely paladin bounding in his direction with her usual youthful cheeriness.  He looked up and grinned at her, revealing a canine or two as he took in both her and her travelling companion . . . or companions.  Very interesting, thought he as he watched the three elementals slip into the room alongside the newcomer.  Were they attached to this boy in some way or were they summoned?  It is unusual to summon anything outside of the arena, excepting in the case of

Roderick Corrin, one of the six that passed on, but an elementalist was a new one for him.  He heard rumours of them, but never had he seen one before.

"Hey there, Ceres!" Pang spoke over the din of the cafeteria.  "I honestly did not say much.  I offered a favour for a chance to show these two what the arena is like."  He offered a seat nearby to the lass and her companion.  "Pull up a stump and be comfortable, maybe order a thing or two.  Is this your shadow for the day?"

Lukkel looked over at Kolm and smiled, "Everything is fine... But you can feel the hate can't you?" He says in a whisper and a little bit serious. As he was sitting there he was swaying his head back and forth thinking of music and grinning listening to everyone around him. When he heard Pang talk about the friends that passed and looked down, before he could speak he saw the food get delivered, he bowed his head holding on to his necklace for a few seconds before grabbing his sandwich and taking a big bite. "MMMMM, Dish Ish Show Gooed." (This is so good) Lukkel said with huge smile. Swallowing he asked, "Do you guys eat like this all the time?" Looking a bit giddy hoping the answer is yes.

He then noticed that a girl and a couple people were following her, "Putting his sandwich down he turned to directly face them and stood up. "It's a pleasure to meet you all, my name is Lukkel and I just got here." Pointing to his self as he introduced his name and reached his hand out for a shake. At the same time Lukkel noticed the three elementals and was in complete wonder, with his mouth a gap he was dumbfounded.

Ceres happily nodded as she sat down “Yes! This is Henry and his three.....fouuurrrr companions?” She leaned towards Henry as if trying to ask for a reminder. “Salamander....Sylph....Undine....aaannndddd Gooollleeemmm???” It was made very clear that she didnt remember too well and only had a vague understanding of the spirits. The paladin, while being happy and energetic was prone to bouts of forgetfulness

Edited by HeartOfFerria

Kolm tried to absorb the majority of Winona's explanation, though some of her terminology still alluded him.  His brows furrowed as he finally questioned.  "What are batteries?"  He took a few more bites of his stew.  Strangely the flavor seemed to improve the more that he delved into it.  "It seems that there is much for me to learn.  I did not know that electricity could be used to power such devices, though it is a clever notion, and something that I should bring back to my world if I ever return there."

The cold mage felt like the caveman within Haven, though he didn't choose to point this out lest he embarrass himself further.

The others seemed distracted enough in conversation that Kolm proceeded to respond to Lukkel, trusting that no one would really pay them much mind.  "I have noticed a great amount of tension in the air," the raven-haired young man admitted.  "Though I do not think it is directed toward us.  Their friends have died and we have come to replace them; that would sting, I should think."  Kolm drew a sip of his beverage, savoring the taste, before continuing.  "No one has acted overtly aggressive toward us, so that is good.  Well, except for Galla, but I did not like her anyway."

All the attention was now on them as Lukkel introduced himself to the newcomers.  Kolm nodded respectfully to Ceres, thinking inwardly ah, just what we need; another happy-go-lucky individual.  "The name is Kolm Haranwy.  It is a pleasure to meet you, Ceres, and Henry, and"–upon noticing the four spirits a frown furrowed Kolm's brow–"your . . . spritely friends.  Do they help you in combat, perchance?"

"Its Gnome." Henry corrected Ceres as she introduced him and his spirits, with the failure of giving Gnome's correct name. The little earth elemental spirit didn't enjoy the wrong name, and appeared on top of Henry's shoulders, sitting on top of them.  Gnome was silent, simply throwing a glare towards Ceres, an annoyed one, not the hostile sort. "Seems like you annoyed her." Henry spoke, chuckling a bit.

It seemed like he didn't need to introduce himself much further after Ceres did it for him, he simply sat down as well, the spirits following suit, finding seats of their own, Sylph kept flying around and Gnome remained on top of Henry's shoulders, Henry didn't mind it at all. Kolm's question prompted Henry attention to him, "Pleasure's mine Kolm...and yes, they can fight on their own during combat, but they mostly help me by infusing me with their elements during fights." Henry explained the use of the spirits within him, while they could fight on their own, buffing Henry was always much more effective.

"Quite so, we don't fight much by ourselves, but we fight through Henry." Salamander explained a bit more about the process. As she made herself comfortable in her seat. Undine right beside her, both of them sitting on chairs beside Henry. "We lent him our power during his struggles back in our world." Undine clarified. "Oh and we are not sprites."

"Ooh what are these?" Sylph exclaimed excitedly as she flew right beside Kolm and looked at his bandaged arm, "Why's your arm wrapped?" She asked, innocent like a child full of curiosity, Henry simply sighed, as did Undine. Salamander's expression remained the same, as did Gnome's.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Pang and Winona shared chuckles as Lukkel dove into his food, as pleased as ever to receive his meal.

"We enjoy hearty meals like this whenever we head back to Haven, yes.  In the field we eat baser and more lukewarm foods than this, though they are still plenty edible and delicious.  And batteries are, hmm, small boxes that are built to contain power, I guess one can put in layman's terms.  There even are people that use these batteries in battle, though they are few and far between."

However, in regards to Kolm's and Lukkel's other conversation, it was true that there was some hostility towards the newcomers, or at the very least edginess.  They were worried, saddened, and feeling vengeful towards their fallen comrades, but few, if any, would dare approach them with such in mind.

Pang was smiling at Ceres and Henry as they conversed, seemingly already friendly with each other and hitting it off well.  This was very good in his eyes.  Kolm's interest in the newcomer seemed to match Pang's own as well, and he was astounded to witness not just three, but four elemental companions.  They comprised the four classical elements he learned of long ago, excluding aether, which made him wonder exactly what abilities Henry hid.

"I would like to welcome you as well, Henry and spirits," he voiced, offering his bulky hand to the man as well good-naturedly.  "If you are hungry, feel free to order something like the rest of us.  You can find a menu inside the table.  Ceres, that includes you too.  We have just enough space for all of us to sit and enjoy a meal together before we kick off into action and test your unique skills in the field in a quest or quests of your choosing."

"Ah, I see." Kolm eyed the spirits with curiosity, especially Gnome who seemed rather displeased that Ceres had addressed her by the wrong name.  "I do wonder how you acquired such creatures.  From the lore that I once read, I thought such spirits were earned through trials, after scouring the corners of the earth to find them.  Perhaps this is only in my world, and do forgive me, if so.  I am coming to find that things are quite different from place to place."

It surprised him when Undine corrected him about not being sprites, to which the youth's eyes widened in surprise before shifting to the ground as he bowed his head.  "Oh, my apologies, Miss.  I am ignorant in the ways of your world."  It surprised him even more, however, when Slyph flew over and addressed his bandaged arm.  He held it to his chest defensively, eyes shooting up to glare at her.

"It does not concern you," he snapped, perhaps more harshly than he should have.  "Just . . . some old wounds."

He bit his lip, wondering if he snapped too hard, or if anyone else had drawn notice to his bandaged arm.  Would they become curious?  And, worse yet . . . was blood magic punishable by death in Haven, too?  Kolm did not wish to find out.

"I look forward to putting my skills to the test," Kolm said in response to Pang.  "Though, for my first mission, I think I would like to venture with a vet such as you or Winona, if that would be all right."

Ceres smiles at Kolm,m. “If you are ever seeking a protector for you missions you can always call upon me. Ill be more then happy to assist you” the paladin seemed very willing to assist with whatever he needed. “But for now, ill be needing something to eat, maybe a nice feast, to new allies....” she exclaimed. It was clear to those who were not new to the Haven that Ceres was simply hiding the pain of her lost ally. The more it hurt the more she tried to put on a false smile.”

Galla tossed in her sleep, nightmares plauged her mind. Her masters death and her arrival at haven, the axe weilding knight and his troupe. The blade falling towards her before she felt weakened by transportation... a near death experience. A nightmare from her past, set to repeat when she sleeps.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

After enjoying his meal Lukkel joined into the discussion seeing the spirits he commented "You guys are so cute, I've never seen anything like you, not even my parents could come up with something like you guys, it's beyond fascinating." Lukkel then thought it was about time to prove himself after seeing all these people showing up with power beyond what he thought possible, "Hey Pang, can I check the job boards and if tou don't mind I would like you to join me... I'm ready to prove I belong here!" Smiling and getting a bit loud. Looking towards Kolm he says, "How bout it? You're ready too right?" Lightly punching Kolms shoulder and grinning.

Edited by Cam1949

"Well at the moment I don't feel hungry..." Henry commented, to which the spirits all nodded, they didn't feel hungry either, albeit their didn't really need to eat to begin with, they still did so because they enjoyed tasting food.

Undine stood quiet as Lukkel spoke to Pang, offering the man to go out to the job board and see if something needed to be done. "Henry, should we go too? might prove useful for us." She spoke to him, to which he Nodded and promptly stood up. "That seems like a nice idea." He commented as he began to walk towards Lukkel, stopping only a few feet away from him. "Hey, Lukkel right? Mind if I tag along?" Henry asked him.

Sylph was originaly hurt by Kolm's harsh words, visibly so, but quickly forgave him as he apologized. "Wounds? Undine can heal wounds somewhat...maybe you could have her take look later?" She spoke enthusiastic again, like nothing had happened. Before she realized Henry and the others were going out to do a job. "ooooh, an adventure!, you want to come too?" She asked Kolm, before whizzing by towards Ceres, stopping just beside her ear. "Ceryyyyy! Want to go do a job too?" She asked her as well.

Ceres smiled “I am certainly due for some work. So i would be honored to go” she smiles at the spirit. “Allow me some time to prepare my travel bag and armor, concerning the Feast... i suppose it should wait as everyone seems to be setting off to work... how about afterwards then” she smiles before heading off. “Ill meet you all at the job board in twenty”

Kolm wasn't even halfway finished with his meal when Lukkel nudged him about joining in on a mission.  He brought his fingers to his shoulder that Lukkel playfully jabbed, though he felt no pain or lingering sensation there.  "Well, I mean, I suppose–sure."  While he did proclaim his excitement for proving his worth, he didn't precisely mean at that specific moment.  Better late than never, he surmised.  The spirit seemed to accept his apology, though Kolm drew up his walls again when it was suggested that Undine offered to look at his wounds.

"That . . . is very kind of her," he said conservatively, his tone remaining neutral this time.  "Maybe later."

Finally the raven-haired youth rose from his chair, giving Ceres a respectful bow.  "Thank you for your offer, Miss Ceres," he said.  "It would be an honor to work alongside you.  It seems that we will be doing so sooner rather than later."

He then followed the group toward the job board, his gaze falling upon the spirit wielder before asking: "So is it nice, having friends wherever you go?"

Pang and Winona shared smirks as they oversaw the greeting process between the newcomers.  Therein was a commonality shared by all of them:  they all were ripped from places that they knew for so long and brought here for a new purpose, and even still they were getting along and seemingly becoming fast friends.  Pang seemed worried, however, at Ceres' behaviour.  It seemed forced a little, and painfully so, but who can blame her when she had lost a good friend to her?  He took a few more gatherings of food and ate fast, especially when the proposition was made to head toward the job boards and pick out their first duties.  Winona missed Ceres' actions, but was caught up with the excitement.

"I think heading out to a job would be a great idea!  The faster the better, though don't forget to eat and rest up enough to go out for the adventure.  You just arrived, after all, and are probably still fighting off the effects of travelling so far already.  At least the Gate is not that bad.  You feel a tingling sensation as you slip through, and--poof!--you step into a whole different land.  I will go with you folks either way, unless you split up into different jobs, then Pang and I can each take the role of chieftain in our little groups."

Pang nodded in agreement after setting down his now-empty bowl

"It's settled, then," he stated, his mouth shifting into a new smile.  "We can go to the job board and discuss your choice tasks.  It would be best to stick to the bronze-level ones for now, and silver could be performed if you are feeling daring and sure of your abilities.  Keep that in mind when checking out the posts.  I don't want to have another death on our hands today with any of you."

Winona and Pang stood up from their seats and led the group into the next room, where abundant shops teemed with robotic life, but where very few sentient people bothered to check the inventories at this hour.  The location was relatively sterile, with weapons and items neatly organised and ready for doling over the counter with the mechanical clerks.  Perhaps the biggest thing that attracted attention, however, was the circular pillar in the very center of the room.  A number of papers were stapled to the pillar with every type of description, though they all shared something in common:  rewards for completion.  There were a number of bronze-ranked quests, as well as a handful of silver-ranked ones that seemed a step more difficult, but two seemed to stand out the best in terms of quest type and rewards.  Winona was quick to point out these two on the pillar.

Spoiler

Bronze Listing:

Bug Collection:  Collect at least seven giant grasshoppers from the Elysian Forest.  Danger level:  1 of 5.  Rewards:  700 coins + 1 extra passive power.  Recommended:  2 or more adventurers.
Gathering Medicine:  Collect three of each bundles of herbs and medicinal plants of the following kinds from the Elysian Forest:  kingsfoil, whitenectar, living rhubarb, mandrake.  Rewards:  200 coins per candidate + 1 extra passive power + 1 extra active power.  Danger Level:  1 of 5.  Recommended:  2 or more adventurers.

Silver Listing:

Save the Village:  Sapnin Village on the furthest outskirts of the Birdfolk Alliance is under attack by necromantic forces of zombies and skeletons. A lich is suspected to be the reason for this attack.  Destroy his phylactery and stop the undead from overrunning the town.  Danger Level:  2 of 5.  Rewards:  1000 coins + 1 extra active power.  Recommended:  4 or more adventurers.

"These would be good possibilities for you guys.  I do not see any limitations regarding how many adventurers need to go, and the rewards are pretty decent, considering.  Anybody want to give them a go?" she queried, putting a hand on her hip as she looked over the crowd with a big smirk.

Ceres returned to her room and swiftly pcked up her medical kit and got to work on putting on her armor. This took the majority of her time, however once she was done she slung the bag around her shoulder. She then picked up her blade unsheething a part of the blade to reveal the mark for the word “bends” on the base of the blade. She smiled at it, strapped it to her side and then picked up her sheild, heading out to meet up with the others. She arrived in about 5-10 minutes, a bit later than she had told the group.

Kolm had been carefully eyeing the job board when Ceres had arrived.  A bit later than she had promised, but she arrived all the same before their departure.  He stepped to the side to make room for her.

"I am inwardly laughing at the possibility of collecting bugs," Kolm sneered.  "What good would that do?"  He pointed at the silver job posting.  "I think that saving a village would better match my tastes, despite the dangers.  Anyone with me?"

He hoped that he wasn't being too foolhardy–or arrogant–in accepting a job of this scale as his first, though collecting herbs or bugs felt beneath him.  He'd been sent on far more dangerous missions before back during his time with the Ravens–surely rescuing a village from some zombies couldn't be too atrocious.

Lukkel was looking at the board shaking with anticipation. He was a little disappointed in the collecting jobs but saw the about saving the village and about leaped for joy, as he was about to speak up Kolm beat him to the punch and Lukkel smiled. "I guess great minds think alike, let's go for it. No reason to hold back."

“Sorry about being late. Now as for that mission I will most certainly be aiding you on it. Its my duty to...eraticate such matters as a knight of the oath.” She smiles. “If you would take me along that is” she enjoyed the sight of newcomers preparing for their first missions. Preferably not thinking about the results if things went wrong.

The white tiger and Winona both looked at the job with casual interest, Pang nodding with a smile and Winona solemnly chewing on her lip, revealing her worry.  This was a challenge for newcomers, but a breeze for the seasoned veterans.  She only hoped that there would be no casualties.

Pang perked up and waved at Ceres as she approached, bringing to voice, "Perfect timing, Ceres, and we would be happy to take you along.  It seems we are reaching a consensus on saving Fawksreach, this Aquafolk village.  I've been there before.  They are a well-fortified town, but their small militia is mostly made up of wind mages and not sturdy warriors.  We can definitely take down this threat, especially with a paladin to protect us and"--he looked around before concluding she was away--"we have Galla to bolster our numbers with the enemies' own.  I will have to ask her to come before we leave.  She would be very useful on this job."

Winona nodded in agreement near the desk and pointed out the slip of paper to the service drone behind the desk.

"We are heading out for that one, then," she uttered, forcing the worry off of her face and a smile onto her lips.

The service drone blinked and rotated its optical sensors before taking out a purple stamp from within its compartmentalised arm.  One mark of the seal later, and their job was identified for their company and their company only.  Most jobs were like this to prevent stealing of compensation from other people within Haven, though there were some choice exceptions.

"Any takers on the other jobs?" Winona piped, gazing over the crowd.  "If you are unused to combat, I would recommend collecting bugs or herbs still.  They can be just as useful and lifesaving to the right medical people, and there's less danger involved.  If not, let's all go on this job.  It would be a great start for combat, fighting weak undead, and you can put down on your resume that you saved a town."  She cracked a grin.  "Not many can say that."

“A wise decision Pang! However wouldnt it be dangerous for her since she just recently came out of that fight with you? Her spirit may not be feeling too well after casting so many dark spells” Ceres replies winggling her fingers like she too were to cast a spell. She seemed to have forgetten a crucial part of the arena. Possibly due to the lack of damage she tended to take when partaking in a fight of her own.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

"Yes, we should let her rest," Kolm agreed quickly behind Ceres.  "I think we will do just fine without Galla, what with our numbers and the seasoned veterans that we already have at our disposal."  He gestured toward Pang, Ceres, and Winona with a wave of his hand.  Truth be told, he didn't want Galla in their company.  The necromancer already didn't like him; why make things all the more uncomfortable if it wasn't necessary?

"Anyway," Kolm spoke up again.  "I believe that I am all prepared to set out.  Where do we go, and are there portals of some kind?"

The thought of facing Aquafolk did put Kola's stomach at unease, though he tried not to think of the cons of this trip.  He was not a particularly good swimmer, and the water element did not blend well with his own cold magic.  Sometimes–albeit not often–Kolm had the tendency to alter the temperatures around him, and had frozen a bath more times than he cared to admit.  If this occurred during the mission he may be in trouble, though they would likely be traversing a body of water that was much too large for him to freeze unintentionally.