Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Vaude

Roleplay The Haven (RP)

- Reksis Sahn, the Voidstalker - The Safe Haven, Job Board -

"There would certainly be use in finding medicines for this, so-named "Haven"..." Reksis began rather suddenly, entering the frame with the rest of the crowd and his own piece on the matter. "What are we to do if we run low or even out of medical supplies?" He posed, his Ghost seemingly beaming at the Eliksni for his suggestion. Reksis folded his upper arms, opting to gesture with his lower pair from thereon.

"I will gather the medicinal herbs. If anyone wants to accompany me, please speak now. If not, I can handle myself. I'm more than used to scavenging in the wild by now." Declared Reksis, with an affirmative nod to start off with and a general glance around the crowd to finish. "As for those fighting to save the village, I'm sure this Hunter will be more than happy to accompany you. She seems to be...itching for a fight, as it were." He added, tilting his head toward Lucia, who had followed with him to regroup with the majority.

- Lucia Quinn, the Raging Tempest - The Safe Haven, Job Board -

"I prefer to say: 'Sharpen my skills', as it were. No more will die to that Lich under my watch." Lucia replied curtly, then stepping forward, wishing to accompany those wishing to fight to save Sapnin Village from the forces of the undead. "Though I'll admit I've been waiting to get back out there for a while now." She then caught herself, realizing she hadn't introduced herself to the newcomers. "I'm Lucia, by the way. Lucia Quinn, I've been here for a little while now, though not long enough to know all of the ins and outs." Lucia allowed herself a short chuckle by the end of her introduction, almost seeming just a little ashamed, yet amused all the same, of said fact.

- Henry - The Element Master - Haven - Bounty Board - 

Everyone made their opinions sound, Kolm was the first to choose, citing with sarcasm the idea of catching bugs, before choosing to take on the Silver Ranked job of saving a small village from a monster attack.  Something Henry was all too used to doing. Pang gave his mind, and Winona asked them if they wished to take herbs or bugs first.

"A village is being attacked, which means the only two pertinent jobs right now are collecting medicine, and saving said village. To me anyway. Saving the village should be our top priority." Henry spóke, heating himself up unconcioussly as his voice sounded outwardly heroic as he brought a fist up, as the elemental spirits flocked behind him.

"Medicine will be useful, but it will be more useful after the village is cleared." Undine spoke. 

"Plus i'l get to see what these newbies can do!" Salamander announced, excited. 

"Yay! Adventure!" Sylph spoke, excited, as Gnome just stood quiet and sighed. 

"So let us save this village first then!" Henry exclaimed, hammy and bringing his fist up, it looked rather silly, especially as Salamander and Sylph did the same thing as well, Undine didn't bother to embarrass herself

- Hektor - The Gentleman - Job Board -

Hektor had the rudest awakening one could really have in a place like The Haven, he woke up inside a room, with no recollection of how he got there, and nausea...albeit he didn't throw out, his conditioning made such things impossible, after all time traveling was a lot more nausea inducing than mere dimensional travel. 

He was then introduced by a friendly robot who showed him what the place was, and what it was all about. Much to Hektor's surprise, it remined him of the TIme's End hub he and his fellow time blessed usualy regrouped and talked about things. One of the only sources of entertainment of the dreaded, ever frozen time wastelands he traveled through. 

"If so then I shall accompany this gentleman in the retrieval of medicine for wounds and other ailments, provided a part of them goes to the relief efforts of the village" Hektor spoke, revealing himself to the party as he walked to them, using his cane as a means of assisting him walking, giving the impression he had some sort of problem on his legs, but in truth it was just for show. His voice was dignified and polite, no tone was raised more than it should have. He brought his free, gloved hand, to his chest as he introduced himself. "Alas, my Name is Hektor, It is a pleasure to make your acquaintances" He introduced himself with a light bow of his head.

Pang smiled at Ceres' concern for Galla and was about to answer before Kolm jumped in with his opinion.  Perhaps the young man did not know that the arena rejuvenated people to their original condition before entering the match, but he seemed more than happy to leave her behind.  Maybe Galla thought the same thing, which is why she thrust him onto Pang.  They were like oil and water, it seemed, even if they shared a few likenesses in their personalities.

"It is true that we have a number of vets on our hands," he admitted with pause, mulling over things seemingly carefully, "and yet she might be very useful if this is a bigger situation than what is listed.  Sometimes the ratings for the tasks are poor, to the say the least, though that's a hundred-to-one ratio deal.  I like to err on the side of caution, but if she needs her rest she needs her rest.  I'll pose the question to her.

"Like Winona said," he continued, "I don't want to have anybody die because of this adventure, though if you all are stalwart in your decisions I will place my full trust in your unique skillsets.  You were chosen for a reason, after all."

With a look of satisfaction, he scanned over the group, then over to the newcomers, Lucia being a grizzled vet like himself, Reksis a newcomer he already met, and Hektor a new face entirely.  He tilted his head in surprise for but a moment before he bowed in like to the dapper gentleman, but with both hands brought together in the Oriental style.

"A pleasure to make yours as well, good sir," he brought to voice, eyeing the man's cane as he lifted his head.  "You will be a welcome addition to Reksis, I am assured, and I will try to provide as much information as I can to aid you in your quest.  Medicine will help the recuperation efforts once we all save this village, so I thank you both there."

"No need, Pang.  I will assist them throughout the process," wheezed a masculine voice outside of the crowd belonging to Hogarth, the man magnificently oozing his way through the crowd.  His three mechanical eyes blinked systematically with perfect timing as he licked his lips and spoke up again.  "I'm laying claim to the medicine one as well, if you'll have me, and the bug collection one too.  Both are in the Elysian Forest, and nature essences are in the forest too, which I need to gather for my experiments.  You both can have my helpings of the medicine job's rewards."

Pang looked surprised at the bushy-haired man, but Winona beat him to the punch with her query.

"Not that I doubt you, Hogie, but that's very ambitious of you.  Are you sure you want to take two jobs at once?" she asked.

"My ability can make both gathering missions a cinch, though my personal mission would be a little more difficult for me.  I'm neither druid nor conjurer, so nature elements and elementals are hard for me to see.  Well, excepting those four over there.  Pleasure meeting you, Gnome," he spoke up, making a light bow in her direction.

"Well, all right," sighed Winona as she watched the automaton work its magic upon both job entries with its purple stamp.  "I guess that means we can take off, then.  Pang?"

"Yes?" responded Pang, confused.

"Go and ask Galla if she will join.  I'll show everyone the Gate in the meantime and wait for you and her if she is willing."

"Understood," he responded with a smile, padding his way through the crowd, stooping to miss the door's threshold, and spilling into the hallway.

Winona cracked a grin at seeing his big tiger self do all of this before turning her attention back to those around her and waving for them to follow.

"Come with me, everyone.  I'll take you to the Gate, which is in the room next door for future convenience.  It sends people through it and into other worlds, its waypoints changing every so often to prevent those the Haven considers enemies from getting the jump on us.  If anyone needs to return for any reason, the Gate can answer your beck and call and teleport you back to Haven.  It is getting back that is the hard part, so make sure you are well-stocked on food, water, and potions if you need them before you go."

As she finished, a monolithic ring yawned in front of the crowd, immobile, yet looking like it once was made of something organic, but now was stone.  This colossal structure, standing fifty feet tall and dwarfing everything around it, was the Gate.  Electronics hummed and glittered on the wall next to it, and beside them were small bio-domes popping with sparks as small creatures within swam in the provided water and powered the devices.

-- -- --

Pang trotted down the hallway at first and slowed to a crawl as he wondered how exactly he was going to ask Galla if she could join them or not on the mission.  Camaraderie?  Friendship?  She was not the most people-friendly individual and did not care much for interaction, so how was he going to generate incentive for her?  Frowning and swallowing his doubts, he rapped a few knocks on the door and fished for possibilities.

"Galla, it's Pang.  Might I have a word with you?  It concerns a mission," he spoke outside her door.

Then, he waited, hoping for an answer.

Edited by Vaude

Ceres smiles and quietly follows the others. her armor softly clanked. "Two missions....hmmm Maybe i should have joined in on the Medicinal mission... hmmmm I think they got it." she smiles "Alright, when we get in the fight, stand behind me. I will defend you and keep you safe." she explained to the newcomers

-----------------------------

He heard groaning, from inside before the door cracked open slightly, Galla had clearly just woken up. "Back so soon?" Behind her he could see the  glowing blue flames of the skull behind her. it seemed to stare directly at him.

Lukkel, noticed more people join in at the job board. "Well, it's always good to have more friends. I am happy to meet you all, my name is Lukkel I just got here today, so I am still learning everything there is. It's good to have another veteran in our midts." Lukkel said tilting his head with a smile, "I sure hope we get along." Hearing Pang leave to get Galla made him a bit nervous since she lost in a fight against him, but he was sure that he can convince her to join. Lukkel followed Winona to the gate, listening to her explain everything about the gate and what it does. "I have a question." Lukkel said raising his hand "Where do we go to buy things, I don't have a weapon or anything but a set of clothing. We should go to the market to pick stuff up to prepare don't you think?" Asking Lukkel a bit worried they were about to leave without preparing.

Pang shuffled uncomfortably at the door under Galla's and her skull's gaze, feeling quite guilty about waking the lady necromancer up, but he summoned up his courage to speak up again.

"Yeah, sorry," he answered apologetically, scratching his cheek as he looked elsewhere.  "Had I known you were sleeping, I would not have bothered, but everyone is gathered at the Gate and hoped for your assistance saving an Aquafolk town from undead.  You and your skills came to mind, so I hoped to invite you to join us.  However, if you would rather rest, that is fine.  I know sleep doesn't come readily for me either."

-- -- --

Winona accepted the young man's question with all haste, trying her best to ensure that everybody was at their very best before heading out.  She had no idea that he was without any gear, though thankfully there were precautions for this sort of situation.

"You can purchase new gear, from armour to weapons, in the room with the job board.  The shopkeeps there have a lot of unique finds as well as run-of-the-mill weapons, but you can always borrow from the armoury.  It is right next door, so take your pick until you find a weapon you really like, be it bought or borrowed.  If not"--she tossed a hefty satchel of gold coins toward Lukkel with a wide grin--"here's my wallet for you to buy something suitable for you.  Just be quick about it.  I don't want to slow everybody down too much."

Options:  standard small weapon:  500 gold -- standard medium or large weapon:  1000 gold -- enchanted weapon with one enchantment:  2500 gold.

Purse amount:  3800 gold.

Galla sighs "Im... due for a quest.... Id rather not know what fate lies beyond this plane of existence.... so... I shall go with you...." She motioned the skull to her and opened the door. stepping out of her room and closing it behind her. "The undead do interest me..... a Lich or just a base necromancer?"

Ceres quietly watched from behind the others, awaiting the mission's start.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

- Henry and Hektor - The Element and Time - Haven - Gate - 

"I am curious as to how the gate works" Hektor announced his curiosity, having never seens something so advanced as the such before, as technology wasn't exactly in the modern era in his world. "Do we step in, and it magicaly teleports us to our destination? or does it simply releases us in the world and we have to make our own way to our objective?" Hektor pondered, ignoring the fact Lukkel went on to check the store items. Hoping his question would be answered.

Henry and his spirits simply watched the gate and as Winona threw the boy a sack full of money for him, or them to buy equipment and restock. "Well restocking sounds nice." He spoke, with a casual tone as Undine floated beside him. "Well currently we don't require any..." She spoke, as Salamander interjected as well. "Plus, your weapon appears to be better than the ones on display." Salamander spoke to Henry, whose's sword as currently nowhere to be seen, as it was a summonable sword, bound to him. 

"You two have a point." He admitted as he walked back to the others at the gate to wait for their departure.

"I hope you'l let me watch your back as well in return, Ceres." Henry spoke, replying to the Paladin's former statement.

"Gee, I never thought you'd be friends with a Paladin." Salamander snickered, much to Henry's annoyance, but it was true, his experience with paladins in his world was troublesome, very troublesome, the moment regular order paladins saw Henry's power they'd attack him on sight after all. But Ceres seemed to be different...and friendly.

"I will pretend I didn't hear that, Salamander." Henry retorted, with a frown, but it was notable he enjoyed having the spirit's company.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Kolm's gaze immediately swept over to the newcomer, realizing that it was the woman whom he'd seen at the arena's archway during Pang and Galla's fight.  He offered her a swift nod as she introduced herself, taking note of how cute she looked with her red hair framing her face.

"My name is Kolm Haranwy," he said, averting her gaze.  "It is wonderful to meet you, Lucia."  He wanted to bring up the fact that he'd seen her previously, though thought that it was best not to.  He didn't wish to unnerve her.  Hektor the gentleman also made himself known as a newcomer, to which he nodded in respect toward, giving yet another introduction of himself and shaking the man's hand, if he accepted it.

He followed the others to the gate, silently agreeing with Hektor on the workings of it.  Never had Kolm seen anything quite like it back in his world, and he briefly wondered if such devices were something exclusive to the Haven. The raven-haired mage sighed upon learning that Lukkel didn't have a weapon, and as he glanced down at the mace in his hands a feminine voice echoed behind them saying: "You may use my bow during the course of this mission if you want.  Do you know how to use one?"

Kolm turned around and found a blonde-haired woman, one that he hadn't yet seen in Haven.  "Are you new as well?" he asked her, to which she raised a brow in response.

"It depends on what you define as 'new'."  The young woman frowned.  "I have been here for a few months, but I am not brand new as I take it you are, no.  My name is Rhiannon Skrymir."  Her violet gaze swept over toward Winona.  "Where are you all headed?  Do you need an extra hand?"

When Winona throw the purse Lukkel wasn't expecting it and used wind magic to slow it down. He took hold of it and started to head for the shops saying, "Be back in a second I know what I am looking for." He said heading for the shops but accidently bumping into a girl behind him, "Oh, sorry I didn't hear you behind me. I already have somethings in mind, I also do not know how to use a bow, but thank you for the offer." He said bluntly before heading off into the direction of the stores. Upon arriving in the weapon shop he sees the items he was looking for. Grabbin a scythe and a pair of padded gloves, Lukkel payed for the items and headed back to the group, the scythe on his back and the padded gloves on his hands. "Sorry about that." Lukkel said scratching the back of his head smiling, "I knew what I needed and grabbed them." He walked up to Winona and handed her the purse bowing his head. "Thank you for helping me, I just wish I would have come more prepared like everyone else." He stated pointing at his scythe in particular. Walking back to the girl he bows his head to her, "Forgive me of my rude first impression," Lukkel said standing back up. "My name is Lukkel, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He said with an out stretched hand and a goofy smile on his face. "Always a pleasure to meet a new person."

- Henry and Hektor - Double H - Haven Gate -

Hektor stood mostly silent, awaiting for someone more knowing than him about the gate could provide some insight as to how it functioned, still, the arrival of a new person into the party did catch his and Henry's attention. Hektor tipped his hat at her introduction with a smile, "My name is Hektor, pleasure to meet you Rhiannon" Hektor introduced himself to her as Henry followed suit right after.

"Hey, name's Henry." He introduced himself, as the spirits quickly chimmed in As well.

"Im Undine." Said the aptly named water spirit

"Salamander." Salamander right after

"Sylph!" And Sylph being the third

"..." Gnome, as always, was silent. "That's Gnome, im sure she's please to meet someone new." Henry introduced her on her shy behalf.

"As for what we're currently doing, we're heading out to save the village of the...uh...Waterfolk?, I don't know the name perfectly, currently its being attacked by undead, Hektor and Reksis here will gather medicine for the reliefefforts." Henry explained their mission to the best of his ability. remaining silent, awayting Rhiannon's response.

A soft smile played on Rhiannon's lips as she waved a gauntleted hand casually.  "Oh, please, don't worry about it!  You were not rude at all, Lukkel.  It is nice to meet you; I am Rhiannon."  She brushed her braid over her shoulder, violet gaze sweeping over toward Hektor who then introduced himself, followed by Henry.  She offered them a slight bow.

"It is a pleasure to meet you both, Hektor and Henry"–she paused, considering them momentarily before adding–"did you both arrive at the same time?"

The spirits' greetings were enough to lighten Rhi's gaze.  She clasped her hands in front of her, smile wide.  "You four are so sweet!  It's nice to meet you all, too.  Are you spirits?"  She greatly desired to pet Undine on the head, though thought better of it.  It may be considered offensive to them, which she thought would not be a good foot to start on.

Rhiannon listened as Henry laid out their plans, jabbing her spear into the ground.  "Then I shall accompany them," she said at last, nodding toward Hektor and Reksis.  "You may need another hand, and it has been quite some time since I have been herb-picking."

Pang turned to the side, getting out of Galla's way and slowly starting to walk down the hallway, assuming she would follow.

"From what was written on the leaflet, it is a lich, though this does not fall within the typical patterns of one such being.  Why attack an Aquafolk village?  Their bones are too weak for good skeletal servants, though their magic is proficient.  I wonder if it is trying to feed on their lives and magic, but I don't know much about these things.  Your expertise will do us a world of good with understanding this mission, I am certain."

Pang thought back to an Aquafolk he knew once before, a sweet girl that was recruited into Haven for her expertise in her rare abilities of wind and water magic.  Aquafolk were made up mostly of water with 85% of their body mass composed of it, but they glowed warmly with an innate kindness and a vitality few can match.  Aprameia, that innonent recruit, was no different, though she was quick to perish due to the Twenty-One-Day rule.  She refused to fight, bound by code of conduct and the weight of guilt upon her own heart, and when she overstepped her limitations as a Haven occupant she vanished without a trace.  Pang had not even said goodbye, and that burdened him for almost as long as he had been here.

"If we can save this village," he continued, not even realising that he had halted for a short time, "I'm sure much good will come out of it.  Maybe . . . no, now is not a good time for maybes.  Let's get this mission underway."

Maybe then she can forgive me for not helping her as much as I am helping others now, he would have continued, but he only said it internally.  He urged himself onward, towards the Gate.  He did not want to have Galla disappear like Aprameia did.

-- -- --

Winona glanced at Hektor and smiled at his curiosity, but before she could explain what she knew of the Gate Rhiannon stepped into the room.  The new recruit, now experienced enough within the Haven to be considered beyond a novice, was one of the most prestigious individuals she had seen as of late, though she had no idea if the latest recruits were going to trump her in terms of quick understanding and wit.

"Lucia, Rhiannon!  How good to have you both here.  Feel free to join the groups.  What was said about the missions is correct, and your assistance will be more than welcome.  I'll ping the automatic clerk about your additions."  She accepted Lukkel's giving her back her purse with a grand smile and a nod of thanks.  "You are very welcome, and feel free to ask around for assistance from me or others.  While others may be slow to warm up to you, we don't abandon those in need of help.  It's a bit of a policy of the Haven."

"Please add Galla to the list as well," uttered Pang from one of the entrances to the room, following closely after Lukkel did with his new gear.  His sharp ears picked up a few words from her prior discussion to the rest of the group.

"Glad to hear she could make it," responded Winona, nodding towards Galla with a bit of cheer.  "That should be everyone we need, in that case, so we can get this show on the road.

"All those that are going out to save the village, gather to my right.  All those going to collect materials for relief and medicine, gather to my left.  As some of you are new, I will give a breakdown of Gateway travel.  By being here in the Haven, you can all come back here anytime, along with anything you touch besides monolithic things such as the ground, trees, lampposts, or buildings.  If the mission is completed, you will get your rewards.  If you leave before the mission is completed, you will either get no reward or a partial reward for participation.

"Travelling is simple, but scary for first timers.  You will feel a tingling sensation in your extremities at first as you travel through it, then the rest of your body, then nothing at all once you materialise on the other side.  This Gate is more science and biology than magic.  It is actually made of a living thing that absorbs any kind of energy, then produces wormholes to other areas of the multiverse.  Pretty neat stuff, but way above my head.  I don't know much about the science of things, but never touch the Gate itself.  Always use the walkway leading to its center.  It will drain your energy if too close to its body, which had been known to kill.  Now we have precautions, however.

"You may travel in any order, so you don't need to wait for everyone of one group to finish using the Gate before the next group.  We once used this on nine different groups at once and it worked out fine.  All we need to do now is turn it on."

With the flip of a switch near Winona, the machinery behind the Gate began to thrum, spin, and whirl as energy of various kinds -- potential, electric, magnetic, kinetic, and magical, to name a few -- was quickly absorbed through the wires of the biodomes and into the Gate itself, the bioluminescence of the lifeforms within dimming but easily showing that the creatures were still alive and well.  The giant structure glowed like an irradiated rock for a second before moistening with water pulled from the air and staying that way.  From within the Gate, one can see a swirl of blues, whites, and reds, a collage of hues that changed endlessly.

"This is it.  Anyone have any questions before going in?" Pang called out, wondering if there would be anybody with a last-minute query.

((All right, it is finally time to start this adventure, folks.  If there are questions, we will be here for one more of my posts before I continue with creating a setting for both missions.  This may take a few days if so.  If there are no questions, I will post that setting tomorrow as quickly as I am able.  I look forward to seeing you all in action, all!))

Kolm was rather gladdened that Winona explained what to expect upon traversing worlds.  Unlike last time, when he was harshly ripped from his world and arrived vomiting on the ground.  Rhiannon simply nodded in response to Winona, falling to the vet's left side.  "Thanks, Winnie.  You travel safe as well."

"People have actually died from touching the Gate?" Kolm asked incredulously, a question which perhaps was not appropriate to give voice to.  The raven-haired mage watched the Gate with curiosity, wondering what source powered it–and what made it so deadly.  This was likely not any kind of magic that Kolm had ever seen.  In fact, it likely wasn't magic at all.

Realizing that he had yet to take a side, Kolm took up residence alongside Winona's right, gripping his mace in his hands.  He looked forward to showcasing his abilities, though did hope that he wasn't getting too far ahead of himself in this rescue mission.

Pang nodded seriously as he patted Kolm on the shoulder with his large hand, a mere few taps before he withdrew it back to his side and took place in the ranks.

"Unfortunately I have had the displeasure of seeing that moment," he gave voice.  "Poor Caldwell.  He was a bit of a weighty klutz and fell over the side of the guardrail when it buckled a little.  Mind that none of you fall over so that you do not result in the same fate.  The Gate is very thirsty for energy.  It does not care where the energy comes from."

"Way to spoil the mood, Pang," Winona responded with a hollow laugh.  "Regardless of that sad tale, the Gate is now quite safe and outfitted with many strong safety measures.  Just be careful and keep your wits about you, everyone.  This next moment for you all would be of enjoyment, not fear."

She took a step onto the platform, and the swirling mess of colour within the gate -- as if sensing her presence -- gave way to two alternating observable locations, one painted in a sea of verdigris trees with a path of cobblestone essing among them, and the other location portraying a mountain almost hidden by the mist of light rain.  The times of day were very different, the forested location being midday and the mountainous one being on the verge of the twilight hour, if judging from the red skies.  Time had little meaning to those who travelled the multiverse often, but this change in times of day might be a shock to some.

As she stepped up to the portal and then through it, one can see her bouncing on her heels with her casual stride on the other side of the Gate.  She turned back and sweeped her hand towards the other side of the portal, urging the others to join her with a smile.

Hogarth next stepped up to the plate, feeling that this was his time to shine and show that the Gate would spit him out into the forest.  It did, and he grinned wildly as he waved on to the rest like Winona.

Spoiler

Dark magic effectiveness = 1x day, 1.75x night,
Light magic effectiveness = 1.5x day, 0.75x night
Fire magic effectiveness = 1x day, 1x night
Ice/water magic effectiveness = 1.75x day, 1.75x night
Earth magic effectiveness = 1x day, 1x night
Lightning magic effectiveness = 1.5x day, 1.5x night
Air magic effectiveness = 1x day, 1x night

Moist air and warm temperatures await those near the mountain Elamen, where weather changes frequently and rain happens commonly, with over 150 cm of rainfall every year.  This climate over time gave rise to the current Aquafolk, who settled in a kingdom around the mountain.  The terrain is boggy, but noisome insects are not too prevalent.  Just watch your step and avoid stepping on Aquafolk's many fish farms and waterberry bushes.  They are a peaceful bunch, but agitate any of them and you may be in for a nasty surprise of air magic.

In the distance, the Aquafolk village can be seen, about a mile (1.4 km) away.  The company will step on a pontoon bridge of floating wood that leads to the village.  Many such bridges exist, which is useful for traversing the boggy landscape around the mountain.

Spoiler

Dark magic effectiveness = 1x day, 1.25x night
Light magic effectiveness = 1.25x day, 1x night
Fire magic effectiveness = 1x day, 1.25x night
Ice/water magic effectiveness = 1.5x day, 1.5x night
Earth magic effectiveness = 1.75x day, 1.75x night
Lightning magic effectiveness = 1x day, 1x night
Air magic effectiveness = 1.25x day, 1.25x night

The trees around the Elysian forest are ancient, and some of them have a mind of their very own from ingesting the wisdom of many thousands of years and the nutrients of a well-provisioned ground.  Dew and mist collect during the night, providing the trees enough moisture to keep their leaves vibrant and green year-round, and the grass at the base of them lush and full of vitality.  Several forest animals travel around the forest, not much fearing people.  It is the plant life, the flora, that is dangerous.  Poisonous mushrooms and plants grow here, and there were several instances of plants (triffids and maneater plants) actively attacking people.  Do not wander in very thick foliage without being prepared for coming across such monsters).

Plants:  kingsfoil (common, grows anywhere with shiny leaves of five), whitenectar (uncommon, grows in shade with white and droopy blossoms), living rhubarb (common, grows in shade with wide spade-like leaves and thick red stems), mandrake (rare, grows in full sun or partial shade with violet flowers and a taproot deep in the ground [dig the taproot out]).

Edited by Vaude

Galla remained silent as she passed through the gate finding herself in a boat. She found the dampness comforting and began to get a feeling for her surroundings

ceres on the other hand was not having fun feeling the change in humidity while wearing her armor. Everything was hot and she felt weighed down.

Henry watched as everyone spoke their fill and entered their respective plates and embarked on their designated quests, Henry eagerly stepped onto his, the spirits going back inside of him so they could travel with him. And a feeling all too familiar came over him as he was casualy teleported by the portal, he had experienced this type of transportation before, mostly the displacing type. Luckily, he was never known to conflict with portals.

As Henry arrived at his destination, he waited for the rest of his allies to arrive as well, Ceres and some woman whom he felt quite the dark aura coming from had already arrived, Ceres was having trouble with her armor, or with the climate at least, understandable with the thick humid weather. Henry on the other hand, felt energized by the surrounding, a small perk of being bound with a water spirit.

"Alright, Undine, what do you think?" Henry asked the spirit, who appeared beside him, this time with a more apparent and stronger aura, due to the surroundings. "I think we should hurry." She spoke coldly...before muttering. "But I do feel good in this weather, this should prove useful to you as well." She explained, which made Henry smile, it wasn't often that Undine would open up, even a bit, she wasn't as outgoing as Salamander or Sylph. 

"Hey Ceres, are you alright?" Henry asked as he walked beside her as he noticed her problems, "Think wind magic might help you feel better?" Henry asked her, curiously.

Hektor appeared in his quest area and immediately looked around, analyzing and taking in the sights of his surroundings. The time wastelands were always so dull, so he always enjoyed taking the time to enjoy any living scenery he could find. This was one of them. 

Standing still, with his cane serving as a support as both his hands lay on top of it, he looked at his pocket watch for a quick second before putting it back in his suit pocket. "So, what would be a good medicinal plant? I am afraid I am not versed in the herbalist's arts" Hektor commented to his fellow allies, who may have followed along on the same quest as him.

Edited by Scrapmaster

Lukkel saw people walking through the portal and slowly approached it a little unsure of himself. As he looked back he knew this is where he wanted to be and smiled stepping into the portal. Upon arriving he could smell the moist air and heard the squishing of water under his shoes, "This is so cool," he said with a huge smile while laughing and running around. "My parents studied teleportation but never could get the mathematical part of it down so they kind of gave up. That is what my brother told me at least."  Talking to no one in particular.

Pang followed the rest of the group after a fair amount of people left, interested in seeing the newcomers' reactions to entering the Gate for a first time.  The worry, the excitement, the intrepidity -- there was quite the number of diverse responses, and that was only the first of the bunch, and he stepped through the swirling blend of two images shortly thereafter, feeling the zing of energy upon his extremities and riding up his spine until he slipped beyond its thin membrane.  After that, there was nothing, but he could not help but feel timid about passing through something so unnatural, no matter how many times he had already done so.

The dampness and the smells of marsh water came to him as a gust of fresh air would seem to a coal miner:  welcome and refreshing.  He had been born and raised next to a swamp, and he relished the feel of the dank environment.  The ever-present heat, however, would be brutal in the long run for the more armoured individuals like Ceres, and she certainly seemed to feel the effects.  It was heartening for him to see Henry trying to aid her with wind magic.  He wanted to step in and assist too, placing a hand on Henry's shoulder.

"Henry, if I may assist you," he spoke up, but did not continue, instead having the spark of energy travelling up his arm do the talking for him.

Supercharge magic flowed into Henry, tripling the effectiveness of his magic for a single spell, before he withdrew his hand and watched Lukkel run around giddily.  He certainly was a spry youth, which Pang admired, though he worried about the boy's balance on this rickety pontoon bridge.  Due to its makeup of wood tied together by hempen rope, the bridge was sturdily built, but because it floated on the water rather than being built over it the surface could prove difficult to run on.

"Mind your step, Lukkel!" called out the Zouyu.  "Those logs can prove slippery, and I'd rather not have the locals angry at someone falling into their farm."

Within the water, red berries floated, hiding much of the water itself with their vast numbers.  This bog served well to produce such a fruit in abundance, and the plant was a staple among the Aquafolk, as well as cover for the many species of fish that lay below the canopy of berries.

Winona was the next to voice her thoughts, looking beyond the group and toward the village in the distance.  "It is quiet in the distance," she said.  "Either the dead are not attacking or the village has fallen already.  While I do not doubt the Aquafolk's ability to defend themselves, we should make haste if we are to get this settled quickly."

-- -- --

Meanwhile, within the Elysian Forest, Hogarth glanced about with his several eyes, studying the location with great diligence before recognising Hektor's question.  Pulling out a notepad and a self-operating pen, he masterfully sketched out a few things on its pages as he spoke.

"Let's see what I can come up with.  I know a bit of herblore.  Kingsfoil here is a leafy plant, green and shiny, with arrow-shaped leaves and with five leaves per sprig.  If you know what poison ivy looks like, it is a plant very similar with leaves of five, not three.  Whitenectar is an interesting plant that normally blooms in the spring, but deflowers and grows leaves in other seasons.  It grows well and with a permanent white flower that droops down, however, in this forest.  Some call it a snowdrop, but it has amazing medicinal value in this forest.  The soil is great for these things.

"Next up," Hogie continued, starting a new page, "is living rhubarb, like regular rhubarb with its big leaves, red and green stalks, and pungent acidic smell when one sniffs the stem.  It's edible on its own, but it is a better medicinal plant than for eating.  It's leaves are the size and shape of spades of the shovel variety.  And last is mandrake.  These sneaky carrots that aren't carrots like sunshine or a mildly shady location.  The leaves are . . . well, leafy, but close to the ground.  You'll see violet flowers in and above them.  Pull them up without fear in full, all the way to the big taproot.  That's the good stuff, and don't worry.  They won't screech or anything like the books and superstitions say."

With that, he handed the images over to Hektor, hoping the pictures would give him a better sense of things.

"I will join in on the search, and for some bugs too, while I am at it.  My eyes are pretty good at catching sight of what I seek."

With a smile, he soon revealed what he meant by that as one of his eyes exited his socket, pushing out with little mechanical limbs, popping out, and flying into the air with little propellers.  The other two followed suit, and all three took different directions, seeking out the targeted materials, while Hogarth sat down on the ground as best as he was able, finding a root-free spot to wait for his scouting eyes.

Ceres smiled. “I most certainly would appreciate some help. Heat isnt something i do well with” she laughed.

Galla stood away from the others. Trying to find something to shade herself from the sun besides her flaming skull.

Serene manages to run into the group in the Elysian Forest, with three whitenectars in her hand. She sighs upon sighting the group. “Clearly I’m not the only fool to pick up this task...........” She looks to the corner and noticed a giant grasshopper leaping in the air. Running up to it, she manages to grab the bug with amazing accuracy. 

(That’s all I got for now. Sorry for the major delay guys.)

Hogarth furrowed his brows in surprise as he heard Serene speak.  One skybound eye looking backwards to confirm that it really was her before shimmying off into the foliage to find some plants, and he turned his head in her direction with eyelids closed, so as not to scare her with black holes for his three eyes.

"Surely you're not," he replied with a wheeze and a grin.  "Is that whitenectar you have there?  You're a generous soul.  That's a tough one to find."

His rebreathing apparatus pumping wildly as it removed the many pollens floating about from his airways.  Coupled with his internal darkness, this taxed the machine for the first time in a while and made it difficult for him to speak normally, but he managed.  He will have to better his rebreather when he next worked on it in his lab.

A flash of an image was sent his way, and he pointed out to everyone's right except Serene's, as she was busy and far from everyone.

"Over there, about a hundred paces, are some kingsfoil plants.  Would you mind being dears and fetching some for me, Hektor?  Four-armed one?  I forget your name," he replied to the Time Traveller and the Fallen.

((I will wait on Winona and Pang until later when more people hopefully respond.))

(I am very sorry for the delayed response; very crazy week)

The raven-haired cold mage nearly rolled his eyes at Lukkel's giddiness on their journey. We might get killed, Kolm wanted to blurt to his new friend, but he decided against it.  Lukkel did not respond favorably to the concept of death earlier, and the last thing he needed to do was send him off in a fit just before their departure.

They all started to teleport through the gate to their respective destinations, both Kolm and Rhiannon following suit, though both parties arrived in rather different locations.

----------

Kolm glanced around, absorbing his new surroundings.  He could see mountains in the distance, and water much closer; this did not surprise him, considering this was Aquafolk that they were rescuing.  The air was thick and moist, rendering it difficult for Kolm to draw in a breath.  He shot a glance over to his fellow companions, and nearly followed Lukkel until Pang called forth a warning about the berries.  Kolm trod over to one and prodded it with a stick.  "Most interesting," he voiced, his gaze hovering along the water's surface, which was practically covered with the Aquafolk's favored fruit.  "I wonder if it would be toxic to us."

The cold mage did not linger long on this matter, however, after urgency was voiced on the well-being of the villagers.  He joined the rest of the group in crossing the bridge en route to the village, its many rooftops visible from where he stood if just barely.

-----------

Rhiannon's braid fell over her shoulder as the butt of her spear burrowed into the ground.  Her violet gaze swept over their surroundings before calling out to the rest of her companions: "This seems like a fairly simple mission, but we should all stay close.  You never know what might crop up, even if we're just out here farming."

The blonde then busily got to work, walking along the brush and examine different leaves before deciding to either dismiss or pocket them.  When she heard Hektor voice his doubts she smiled and knelt alongside him, fingering little buds on the ground.

"These here are called whitenectar," she told him, voice soft.  "They are pretty uncommon and quite useful.  Their use has been known to treat ailment of the lungs, which has been especially useful in the elderly and premature infants."

Hektor had not been with them for long, but already Rhiannon was growing quite fond of him.  She wanted to continue showing him around, but Hogarth had other plans for him, it seemed.  Her face held temporary disappointment, which she quickly masked behind an expressionless face.  "Well, good luck, Hektor!" she said cheerily, before moving on to pluck more white nectar from the ground.

- Reksis Sahn, the Voidstalker - The Safe Haven, Portal -

Once the portal was activated and well-wishes were extended, Reksis set forth along with those who agreed to partake in the gathering of plants, as to sustain the Haven's medical and herbal supplies, into its swirling, unsettling maw. Traversal through this portal felt stranger than even the transmat that brought him to the Safe Haven in the first place, feeling as if he was being transformed into tiny pieces, particles, then reassembled at the other end in almost an instant.

---------------------

- Herbal Gathering, with Hektor, Hogarth, Rhiannon and Serene, The Elysian Forest - (If I missed anyone, let me know.)

Entering the vicinity of the forest in once piece alongside his allies, Reksis took a deep breath of void-laced ether, the purest form born from the Light he had taken in since the Eliksni's own Golden Age. It was a privilege, an honour...and above him, feeling almost unworthy of possessing the Light while the rest of his race did not, having to make do with artificial ether from their Servitors, or worse: Corrupted Ether that created the repulsive Scorn, like Fikrul...

Reksis's thoughts were cut short, both when he remembered his current predicament and mission, along with Hogarth calling to him, having seemingly forgotten his name. "Reksis Sahn. I, don't believe you introduced yourself. Regardless, I will gather the Kingsfoil. Hektor?" Reksis spoke, reintroducing himself as required, then speaking the name of the Time Traveler as to get his attention, beginning to head in the direction Hogarth pointed toward.

- Lucia Quinn, the Raging Tempest - The Safe Haven, Portal -

Brushing her hair aside a little, to similarly little avail as it just bounced back, Lucia gave a warm smile to Kolm. "The pleasure is all mine, Kolm." She replied, glad that someone was eager and happy even, to meet her. Strangely, his pale, almost sickly skin, allowed his dark hair and blue eyes to stand out, giving him a striking expression, even as he simply said hello. Lucia's eye for details surprised her still, yet also amusing her with how weird she felt she sounded in her head, so she kept her thoughts to herself, even the ones regarding his bandaged arm, wondering if he had injured himself prior to his arrival in the Haven.

Nevertheless, Lucia too entered the portal and emerged with the others near Sapnin Village.

----------------------

- Saving the Aquafolk, with Kolm, Henry, Pang, Ceres and Lukkel, Land of the Aquafolk, Near Sapnin Village - (Same as above.)

The humidity did not bother Lucia too much, though she'd be lying if she said she was unfazed, opting to leave her helmet off and hood down for now. Following along with the others over a rickety pontoon bridge, noting Kolm's curiosity regarding the fruits of the Aquafolk.

"You can always ask to try one when we save the village." She quipped, though the unsettling quiet up ahead did not slip by Lucia, quietly hoping to herself that they were not too late. They couldn't be too late, surely not, she would think as they approached cautiously.