Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
deplanet08

GOTY: God of War vs Spider-Man

I had a super fun time with Spider-Man. I went out of my way to get the prequel book and platinum the game which is weird for me. Dad of war wasn’t bad but I definitely loved the new Spider-Man game

That’s kinda why I’m leaning a little more towards Spider-Man. I rarely platinum any games but I just really enjoyed doing it with that game. I never felt like going back to platinum God of War after finishing the story. I’m starting to think that Spider-Man might take the cake

That is a tough one. God of War was pretty awesome considering I'm not even a fan of the God of War series and I loved that game. Spiderman was also fantastic considering there was no Spiderman game that was really that great before it. I've played more of Spiderman than God of War, but it feels like there's more to do in God of War. In my personal interest, I'd probably pick Spiderman, but from an objective product standpoint I'd probably say God of War. 

I think God of War will take it since it was released earlier. In previous situations where 2 standout games came out in the same year, the award usually went to the one that was released first since people had been able to enjoy it for a longer period of time.

(Personally though, I can't choose. I've only played God of War but Spider-Man looks amazing.)

Although I think GoW was an amazing game, Spider-Man has been needing a decent game for the longest time and Insomniac smashed it out of the park for sure. Story was spectacular, the web swinging was just perfect to me and I constantly played that game till I got the platinum for it and I am patiently waiting for all of the DLC. So for me its Spider-Man hands down.

I can't really speak for God Of War since I haven't played it, but I can definitely vouch for Insomniac's amazing and spectacular Spider-Man game! (See what I did there? X3) I beat the game about three days ago and Platinumed it the same day I beat it, since I was doing all the side missions and collecting all the collectibles while playing through the story! Insomniac did a monumentally superb job with this game, bringing Spider-Man to life and giving love and detail to the character and his rich history! The relationships, the friends, enemies, the struggles, everything that makes Spider-Man the unforgettable character he is are present and prominent in this game! The voice acting is superb, the story is amazing, the combat, web swinging and side missions are fun, and the game is an overall enjoyable experience! This definitely screams Game Of The Year to me!

I can't wait to play through the DLC! X_X

I don't think either of them should get GOTY, as of the time of writing this I would say that's more closely contended between Red Dead 2 and Return Of the Obra Din. 

But of those two games I think they both are pretty much perfectly executed in what they wanted to do. I did have more fun with Spider-Man but as a game, it does use the very familar open World "Go collect all these things" side quests which are pretty lame and are only fun because of the web swinging mechanic, they felt like busy work otherwise. 

I would say God Of War just about takes it over Spider-Man but really I don't think either of those are the best games of this year, they are amazing games but there's been a lot of really good stuff this year and we still have more to come :D