Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Scsigs

So, Hayden Panettiere, or Alyson Stoner As Kairi in KHIII?

A point was raised in my thread on the VAs for KHIII's English dub that I find interesting. Now, I think we can all assume that Alyson Stoner is voicing Kairi in KHIII. She already filled in for Re:COM & 0.2, & also played Xion in 358/2 Days. Thing is, I've never really had a problem with one or the other. Both are good in the role & sound pretty close to one another, with Stoner sounding slightly more high-pitched than Panettiere, but not bad in my book.

With Panettiere having confirmed that she hasn't been called back in to record for Kairi, is it a bad thing that Stoner will most likely reprise the role? I'm sure not many people will mind outside of the hardcore Kairi dub voice fans, all 2 of them that exist, but does it matter which one they bring in at all for the game?

If we are keeping things in line with the numbered titles then Hayden should come back or at least have the role offered to her. If she's tied down or doesn't want the role then fair enough, whilst this isn't anything personal against Stoner, I've never particularly warmed to her version of Kairi. In the past this hasn't been an issue due to Kairi's usage as a character and when she has had a more significant role, then it's been Hayden voicing her. End of the day, time has moved on and people's careers have advanced etc, as a substitute option Stoner isn't bad, it's just getting used to her. 

Alyson makes a really great job as Xion IMO, but I definetely don't like her that much as Kairi. It's not that she does a bad job but I think as an overall that her voice doesn't fit Kairi's character and charm. I would rather have Hayden back for Kairi, Megan for Naminé and Alyson for Xion. Just like it should be.

Unpopular opinion: I hated Hayden as Kairi in KH2 and as Xion in DDD. Not sure if it's voice direction or just her acting, but she sounds very forced and unnatural, using a weird whispery kind of voice. And it's also very clear she's acting into a microphone, as opposed to others who seemingly can put themselves into the moment.

As for Alyson, I didn't mind her at all in 0.2 and I absolutely loved her as Xion in 358/2. One of the best performances in that game is the first interaction between Xion and Riku and she absolutely nails it, so I have zero worries that she'll do a bad job with either Xion or Kairi.

Edited by Kotomi

Alyson does a good job at Kairi, so I don't mind her voicing her in KH3. Yeah it's a bit disappointing that not all of the OG cast will be together after they were able to at for 2 other games and at least one other occasion, but as long as Kairi is voiced real well in KH3, I think we'll be just fine.

Unpopular opinion: I hated Hayden as Kairi in KH2 and as Xion in DDD. Not sure if it's voice direction or just her acting, but she sounds very forced and unnatural, using a weird whispery kind of voice. And it's also very clear she's acting into a microphone, as opposed to others who seemingly can put themselves into the moment.

As for Alyson, I didn't mind her at all in 0.2 and I absolutely loved her as Xion in 358/2. One of the best performances in that game is the first interaction between Xion and Riku and she absolutely nails it, so I have zero worries that she'll do a bad job with either Xion or Kairi.

"Right, Sor-ra?" Seriously, that was cancer.