Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
King Arthur

Key blade Gliders and other underutilized features in BBS

Hey so I was thinking today about birth by sleep and suddenly I remembered how you actually got to control the keyblade gliders in just 3 instances in the whole game and they were only on the Stich world and for racing.  Does anyone else think the keyblade gliders were actually a cut idea from the game?  Since it was moved to the PSP from the PS2 because square thought it would be too late to release that game onto the PS2 life cycle and not good looking enough to release on the PS3.  I know that's why Ventus, Aqua, and Terra don't have Capes in BBS since they couldn't program it on the PSP software.  What else do you think they might have scraped when moving between consoles?

I imagine dozens of things were deleted.  Heartless types, Keyblade abilities, entire worlds, etc.

Yet, that is what takes place when you make anything in New Media.
Depending on the available resources versus the complexity of the project,

You nearly always have to cut something out.

post-39921-0-06772500-1528844490_thumb.jpg
post-39921-0-79017900-1416836168_thumb.jpg

post-39921-0-24225800-1483504308_thumb.jpg

Aqua's glider doubles as a Bow which shoots light arrows, the fact that she never used that more often was a real shame. I hopefully she'll use it at some point in KH3.

Also things are always cut, its just the nature of development, I'm sure every developer has some kind cut content in every game

I'd say the thing that they didn't make use of the most that was the most obvious was the Keyblade Armor. The Armors are only used in the Mirage Arena, a couple scenes in space, and the ending cutscene. During none of which does the armor seem to have any actual effect. It doesn't even raise defense slightly to have it on. I wish they went full on Iron Man or something with it.