Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Tails

So TWEWY Switch Version Released in Japan But...

Apparently it's a very bad port on the Nintendo Switch according to the gameplay impressions.. I found this comment on siliconera and thought I'd share the info I came across on there. Going to put it in a quote below. Here's what the comment reads:

So the game is out in Japan, and gameplay impressions are coming in via RE, reddit, twitter, and so on...

And almost to the letter *exactly* as I predicted:
1-The joycon motion/gyro controls are worse than shit - even the main menu, you have to navigate via motion cursor, no analog/d-pad use *whatsoever*. (In the original DS game, you can move Neku outside of battle via D-Pad or face buttons if you're a southpaw) Touch is fine, so everyone is basically playing it in handheld mode exclusively.
2-They removed combo maps from your partners. This was something advertised in the trailers, so firetruck Square for that. (I didn't predict this one, honestly)
3-The new story content is only about 3-4 hours long. 
4-You toggle between classic and remixed music - they didn't add the new tracks into a single pool, but rather you choose one of two from the menu.
5-New pins are almost all slash-types...which makes them utterly useless in TV mode as the joycons can't register slashing motions *whatsoever.* (Bullet pins have been reported to work slightly better with joycons.)

So to reiterate, you just paid $33 more for 4 hours of additional content and a control scheme so horrendous that you'll quickly default to the same control method used by the same version of the game that costs $17.

I won't say what you should or shouldn't buy. Just don't come up in here with buyer's remorse after all the red flags this game had up since Day 1. :)

So in other words, this is another badly rushed port by Square-Enix. And this isn't the first time they did something like this with a port of a existing game. A similar thing also happened with the Chrono Trigger PC port, the PS3 versions of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix, the PS4 version of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 Remix (before it got patched), and the PS4 version of Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster (before it also got patched). It just boggles my mind that SE screwed up this badly with the Switch version of TWEWY. As I was quite excited to get TWEWY on the Switch with the newly added story content. But now...I'm gonna wait until I see a patch. No way am I going to pay $50.00 for a badly rushed port. I mean how the heck did SE do so good with working the touch screen control scheme with KH3D when they brought it to home consoles but mess the touch controls up so badly on TWEWY on the Switch (at least for TV mode)? I'm seriously confused on that here.

But what do you all think? Also here's a link to the original comment if you are curious as well as give credit to the original comment.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/28/nomura-shared-new-artwork-and-a-message-for-the-world-ends-with-you-final-remix/

Edited by Tails

I rather play it first before forming an opinion.

I'm just going to buy the game and see how it turns out from my own opinion. If the gameplay for works for me that's great! If the gameplay doesn't work for me than it sucks. Simple as that.

That was very well said.

And who knows, between now and when it releases in the US, they could patch out the problems, and release the English versions already fixed, or have a day 1 patch. I will remain hopeful, especially since it means my sister and I can play together.

1.5HD was not a bad port lol, if you want to know what a bad port is, try Jak on Vita. Now 2.5HD was bad, but if it had data install it would be actually pretty good.

This has nothing to do with either KHHD game. This is about The World Ends With You.