• Until Dawn
    • Dead Space
    • Condemned
    • Penumbra
    • Siren Series
    • FNAF
    • Video games scary? No chance
    • Something else? Let us know down below

Good Evening folks! For the choices that have multiple games in the series let me know which instalment you are choosing that series for! Personally I always remember playing Resident Evil 3: Nemesis as a kid and being freaked out by Nemesis. Part of me still hopes for that game to get a remaster! Have a nice night guys 

Edited by Daniel Macauley

I love playing horror games but in recent years, I've been having a hard time getting scared by them. I flinch at jumpscares but that's a most natural reaction and not because I'm afraid. In terms of horror aspects, I'd say Amnesia and Outlast are pretty good, though Soma had an intriguing story. Silent Hill is also a great franchise, despite the sometimes ridiculous parts. Unlocking a chest with a horrendous amount of locks for a strand of hair....

Though one game that's completely free and still did an amazing job is Cry of Fear. I usually don't enjoy horror games where you are given weapons as much but it really had a lot to offer for a Half-Life mod. I'm also surprised that the Outlast franchise has two spots in the poll and The Evil Within has none. I know it's impossible to list every game but all other games are treated as a franchise.

I've played Amnesia, Penumbra, Outlast and Condemned and all of them have something special in them. In Amnesia you were scared almost the whole time because it has a really good atmosphere with the temptation in searching for another oil for the lantern. In Outlast, it was for the chases and jumpscares. Penumbra is an old classic that I played when I was younger and was scared to advance further :D. Condemned was the same :)