Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

So since it's quiet on the KH3 news front, I thought I'd write a little post about some of the returning music in KH3

Obviously we can expect plenty of new themes from Yoko Shimomura, (For example the toy story world & battle themes), but I've noticed a few old or remixed music tracks in the trailers:

- Hand in Hand (Attraction Flow theme)

- An Adventure in Atlantica (Ariel summon)

- The Deep End (Rock Titan boss)

- Shrouding Dark Cloud (Gigas Mech battle)

- Hunter of the Dark (Heartless Doll fight)

- Some form of Fate of the Unknown/Aqua's theme (Aqua fight)

I'm sure we can expect other familiar tunes, like Destati and of course, Dearly Beloved. Personally I'm hoping for a variant of 'Another Side' like this (@ 40 seconds)

https://youtu.be/yxF0h156sDk

Also heard in 'The 13th Dilemma' and 'Showdown at Hollow Bastion'

Anyone else have some thoughts on what they think/would like to see return music-wise?

A new version of Rowdy Rumble would be amazing and I expect remixes of every theme of the members of the Organization,unless they make new ones inspired by the old ones

I'm pretty sure that with this game, we'll get a perfectly healthy blend of old themes, remixed themes and new themes altogether! I can't wait to see what masterpiece of a soundtrack Yoko will conduct for this game!

For returning tracks, I'd love:

• Tears Of The Light
  • Destiny's Union
  • Distant From You
  • Vim And Vigor
  • The Encounter
  • A Fight To The Death (Though since this was for the final battle segment with Xemnas, it may not return, but still, I'd love to hear the track again in KHIII!)
  • Forze De'll Oscurita (Would be gloriously epic!)
  • Forza Del Male (For nostalgic purposes.)
  • Dark Impetus
  • He's A Pirate (With a slight variation for At World's End.)
  • Rage Awakened
  • Enter The Darkness (KH Orchestra Version. Sounds way superior than the original version.)

That's among some of the tracks I want to return, and hoping for some epic new ones!

A new version of Rowdy Rumble would be amazing and I expect remixes of every theme of the members of the Organization,unless they make new ones inspired by the old ones

Yeah I wouldn’t be surprised to see for example...

Ansem: Guardando nel Buio / L’Eminenza Oscura

Xemnas: Darkness of the Unknown / Oscurita dell’Ignoto

Y.Xehanort: Dark Impetus / L’Impeto Oscuro

Vanitas: Enter the Void / Enter the Darkness

Xigbar: Black Powder

Saix / Demyx: The 13th Dilemna

Vexen / Larxene: The 13th Reflection

Luxord: The 13th Struggle

Marluxia: Lord of the Castle

Riku Replica / Data Riku: Forze del Male?

Xehanort: I’m not sure, but hopefully something new

(I’m not sure if Vexen and Demyx are members but I included them anyway. And I still don't know which Riku it is)

I'm pretty sure that with this game, we'll get a perfectly healthy blend of old themes, remixed themes and new themes altogether! I can't wait to see what masterpiece of a soundtrack Yoko will conduct for this game!

You mentioned He’s a Pirate, I really hope some of the At World’s End soundtrack is included in the game. It’s probably my favourite movie OST. Probably wont be though.

i really hope the encounter comes back and we get some awesome disney boss battles with it

Yep, The Encounter is great, hope to hear it again. Edited by Novayon KH

I know it’s unlikely, but it would be very cool if at some key points the intro or end themes were brought back. Like (and this is just a hypothetical not a theory or anything of the sort) a scene where Sora gets knocked out. Screen goes black, then you here the echo effects from the planitb remix of simple and clean quietly. Then burst into a cutscene of some memories or new material on destiny islands. (Again not a theory or anything just an off the top of my head scenario)

I find that the main tracks that stay constant in multiple games are non-combat tracks, like Sora's theme, Riku's theme, Kairi's theme, Friends in my Heart, stuff like that. However, I have noticed some combat themes that have been carried over, like Shrouding Dark Cloud, the Deep End, and Hunter of the Dark. And I imagine there will be more returning tracks as well.

Edited by Allwil13