Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KH13 v4 - Discussion, bugs & features

2 minutes ago, Vaude said:

Here is a new one, I think.  Spoilers seem to be a little buggy on the new site due to the new quote and spoiler bubble feature.  I think it has something to do with [/spoiler] not working when written out.  A "remove formatting" feature would be very useful to bring back, I think, or maybe some way to allow that written-out "[/spoiler]" to work again.

What's buggy about them?

Spoiler

test

The old BBcode system isn't coming back, unfortunately – so none of those codes (although some do still work, but don't rely on them, better to get used to the new WYSIWYG editor as that's the way going forward).

10 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

What's buggy about them?

test (Reveal hidden contents)

test

The old BBcode system isn't coming back, unfortunately – so none of those codes (although some do still work, but don't rely on them, better to get used to the new WYSIWYG editor as that's the way going forward).

I think the code "[ /spoiler ]" did not work due to BBcode not coming back, as you mentioned, which would explain things.  I tried editing a lead post at the start of a topic, with a spoiler function at the start of the post, but the entire post was put in the spoiler and not the small bit at the beginning.  When trying to edit it, I could not remove part of the text and had to copy everything to a MS Word document, remove the spoiler bubble with everything in it, and remake the post after copying everything from the MS Word document.  Thankfully it took only fifteen minutes of finagling to fix, but if this can be fixed for everyone it would likely save a lot of time for all.

Edited by Vaude

1 minute ago, Vaude said:

I think the code "[ /spoiler ]" did not work due to BBcode not coming back, as you mentioned, which would explain things.  I tried editing a lead post at the start of a topic, with a spoiler function at the start of the post, but the entire thing was put in the spoiler.  When trying to edit it, I could not remove part of the text and had to copy everything to a MS Word document, remove the spoiler bubble with everything in it, and remake the post after copying everything from the MS Word document.  Thankfully it took only fifteen minutes of finagling to fix, but if this can be fixed for everyone it would likely save a lot of time for all.

I wouldn't expect that to happen again. It was probably something weird with that one specific topic, or maybe when you were editing the topic it hadn't quite finished processing yet from the old site (processing finished about 2 days ago).

59 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

Notifications that you had unread before the site update may be lost, sorry. Nothing we can do about that as the new site is so different than the old, it makes sense that the old notifications wouldn't be compatible.

Understandable! Was just hopeful. No worries though!

Add another tally for Dark Mode!

Personally I will miss forum signatures. I had 4 of them on rotation, 3 of them made for me by Javelin434  to go along with his own. I will miss them dearly and really would love my signature back.

1 hour ago, Saber Lily said:

Personally I will miss forum signatures. I had 4 of them on rotation, 3 of them made for me by Javelin434  to go along with his own. I will miss them dearly and really would love my signature back.

I've reenabled signatures *for now* and started a debate topic about whether we should remove them or not: 

13 minutes ago, Awesome Sauce said:

What happened to statuses?

Statuses are still there. You can post one from the "Create" menu, and they appear on the "Social" page as well as on user's profiles. I've made them a bit less obvious and more hidden away since people were using them instead of posting on the forum, and we'd rather encourage people to create discussion by posting in an organised way on the forum, rather than just do a throwaway status update. Especially with things like KH news.

I kinda want to have some way to filter social/activity feeds. I don't really want to see every post that's been made lol. I guess it does hide the statuses but now it's cluttered with posts and reactions. Status issues aside, I also don't want to see every random post I make on my own profile activity. I feel like there should at least be a filter for that.

6 minutes ago, Xiro said:

I kinda want to have some way to filter social/activity feeds. I don't really want to see every post that's been made lol. I guess it does hide the statuses but now it's cluttered with posts and reactions. Status issues aside, I also don't want to see every random post I make on my own profile activity. I feel like there should at least be a filter for that.

People can do that on your profile by clicking "See their activity" - then you can sort by content type and so on. Is that the kind of thing you mean?

11 hours ago, DChiuch said:

People can do that on your profile by clicking "See their activity" - then you can sort by content type and so on. Is that the kind of thing you mean?

Yeah, kinda like that, but then being able to do that on the default activity feed when you open a profile if that makes sense? Like on the page you have the Activity and About Me tabs and the Activity tab has everything in it

I do appreciate what the recently updated topics list does, but it's not really useful for getting traction for new threads because random/long-running threads in general get a lot of activity and not everyone is gonna look through every tab to find out new topics.

Just look at it right now, 90% of it is filled with forum games and rp's that naturally get updated a lot because people subscribe to those threads and need to/want to keep it going. I love Random and Forum Games, but seeing Avoid the Mods as the top thread is not beneficial to anyone, nor is seeing ongoing RPs.

if we could have a list of the 5 newest threads it would be much better, especially for somebody doing the an interest check ;)

Edited by 2 quid is good
Added more info

Is it just me, or does responding to a topic sometimes not allow you to enter text? Sometimes it'll only show the "Drag files here" section of the reply box. Only way I've found to deal with it is to just refresh the page and keep trying until it works.

I really would like to have the option to just see statuses and chat (is this still there?). Statuses are more immediate, and I don't want to spend too much time reading complete threads/posts.

6 hours ago, Axtwyt said:

Is it just me, or does responding to a topic sometimes not allow you to enter text? Sometimes it'll only show the "Drag files here" section of the reply box. Only way I've found to deal with it is to just refresh the page and keep trying until it works.

Clearing your browser cache should fix this forever.

6 hours ago, Shuy said:

I really would like to have the option to just see statuses and chat (is this still there?). Statuses are more immediate, and I don't want to spend too much time reading complete threads/posts.

I've allowed those things to be pushed into the background a bit, as I want to encourage people to create more long lasting discussions, and less throwaway content. Statuses are still there, you can see them on people's profiles. If you don't want all types of content in a single feed, click  "See their activity", and then filter by status updates. Or you can create whatever side-wide feed you want by going to the Unread Content page, and then setting filters. eg. Here's all of your unread status updates: https://www.kh13.com/social/unread/?&stream_classes[IPS\core\Statuses\Status]=1 You can also create your own custom stream/feed, save it, and link people to it.

The chat system was pretty wonky, outdated and unused (only like 10 people used it every day), so I'm encouraging people to use the PM system instead.

I realise that these changes might upset some people, but the content on the site was getting spread too thinly between the forum, status updates, and chat, so I've had to prioritise a bit.

18 hours ago, DChiuch said:

I've allowed those things to be pushed into the background a bit, as I want to encourage people to create more long lasting discussions, and less throwaway content. Statuses are still there, you can see them on people's profiles. If you don't want all types of content in a single feed, click  "See their activity", and then filter by status updates. Or you can create whatever side-wide feed you want by going to the Unread Content page, and then setting filters. eg. Here's all of your unread status updates: https://www.kh13.com/social/unread/?&stream_classes[IPS\core\Statuses\Status]=1 You can also create your own custom stream/feed, save it, and link people to it.

The chat system was pretty wonky, outdated and unused (only like 10 people used it every day), so I'm encouraging people to use the PM system instead.

I realise that these changes might upset some people, but the content on the site was getting spread too thinly between the forum, status updates, and chat, so I've had to prioritise a bit.

When I talk about chat, I don't mean the actual chatroom, but the private conversation with people. PMs are slow and not immediate, and I cannot see who is online to start a conversation.

As for status updates, that works, thanks.

It seems there is a bug in the gallery notifications. 
My subscription to the fanart section in the gallery shows as having carried over from the old site (as 'Following' with a checkmark next to it) but new additions have been made and I've received no notifications of them.  

On 10/31/2018 at 12:36 PM, Ventus_ said:

It seems there is a bug in the gallery notifications. 
My subscription to the fanart section in the gallery shows as having carried over from the old site (as 'Following' with a checkmark next to it) but new additions have been made and I've received no notifications of them.  

Might have something to do with your notification settings, or your specific following settings on the Fan-art page. Make sure to check both of those.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:11 PM, KingdomHearts3 said:

I think I found a bug. When I try to reply to a PM conversation with a friend, the text box will not appear. I click on where you would open the text box to type, but it will not open up and allow me to type.

Is it every time or just sometimes?

5 hours ago, DChiuch said:

Is it every time or just sometimes?

It happens most if not all of the time on my laptop, but when I use my phone, it does not happen. Even if it does happen on my phone, it’s rare.

Edited by KingdomHearts3

11 hours ago, DChiuch said:

Might have something to do with your notification settings, or your specific following settings on the Fan-art page. Make sure to check both of those.

Alright, I turned on 'Notification list' under 'content I follow' but I'd previously had it set to notify me by email and wasn't getting email notifications either. 

We'll see if this works.