Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

KH13 v4 - Discussion, bugs & features

Hey all.

Now that the new version of KH13 is released, announced and running pretty smoothly, I wanted to open up a discussion about it. Feel free to share your thoughts here, as well as any bug reports, feature requests, design ideas / changes or content requests that you're concerned with. I'll also keep an updated list of what I have yet to do below.

Known bugs

News Team members can't edit each others articles Fixed
People can't add photos to each other's gallery albums Fixed
There's a UI error when submitting to the gallery Fixed
Twitch streams are not linking correctly  
Lots of image thumbnails in the gallery aren't loading correctly Fixed

Requested features

Dark mode  

Hope you're enjoying the new site! It was a lot of work getting all of the functionality and content successfully ported over to the new modern system, but it's all worth it. This is now the fun part where we now have a solid base to work with and build things on top of for the next decade of KH13.

So far I think that things are running rather smoothly, and that kinks from earlier have been straightened out.  If I come across any further glitches or issues I will be sure to make a note of them here.

In terms of design, it would be neat if there were different skins that members could choose from, or a darker theme altogether.  The white is a bit bright to look at, though it is not bad.

1 hour ago, Nukara Rikova said:

Will you return the signature?
My signature disappeared after updating the site.((

Sorry, but I think we're going to leave signatures disabled going forward. They're a bit of a relic of the past. If enough people disagree then we can change that decision.

11 hours ago, Nukara Rikova said:

Will you return the signature?
My signature disappeared after updating the site.((

Ha, well all be damned, I didn't even notice that until I saw this post. 
I can do without 'em. 

1 hour ago, Elrandir said:

I will miss signatures, but what I would like the most is a Night Mode. All this white is huting my eyes after a while.

Big agree, I mostly use the site to read and post fan fiction stuff as well as roleplaying, so I am often looking at the page for a while. Things don't tend to bother my eyes like that but even I can't look at it for too long. 

I seem to be getting randomly getting logged out when leaving PMs. Tried multiple and same result each time. 

Also, a dark theme would be rad.

EDIT: The log out issue is also happening when I leave my profile or a thread. I'm using the latest version of Chrome btw.

Actually, it seems to rectify itself when I refresh the page, which somehow logs me back in. Still a weird bug btw. Also, the textbox sometimes doesn't appear when I reply a thread or edit a post.

Edited by MythrilMagician
Additional Information

It's working fine for me, on mobile and firefox. However just yesterday my post count was what it normally was for the last few months, and today its dropped a lot. Is it a bug or another reason?

Also I too want the signatures back, they're a staple here and pretty much every other forum.

Other than that I have no complaints

When I go to type a reply to a topic like this on desktop, no text field comes up, only 'Drag files here to attach'.

Edit: It seems to be a Google Chrome issue as it works on Microsoft Edge on desktop. And Mobile version of Chrome is fine.

Edited by Novayon KH

On 10/20/2018 at 4:04 AM, Dustin Lübbers said:

Also I would have wanted to put this text before the comment I quotet put I dint seem to be able to move quoted posts further down.

At the moment you can't really put the text cursor before the very first object in the editor. So for the moment if you want to do that, you'll have to make an extra line first and then click the quote button. Alternatively if you've already written your post and you need to do this, you can highlight everything, cut it, do what you need to do, and then paste your content back in.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:12 AM, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Mostly the site is running well and I love it but sometimes the text box won't appear to make a comment. So far is the only thing that had happened but I haven't had that issue today so I'll keep informing D...

23 hours ago, Novayon KH said:

When I go to type a reply to a topic like this on desktop, no text field comes up, only 'Drag files here to attach'.

Edit: It seems to be a Google Chrome issue as it works on Microsoft Edge on desktop. And Mobile version of Chrome is fine.

This is an issue that would only be affecting a few people that happened to load the website during the update transfer to the new server. What's happened here is that your browser has cached the editor while it was broken. It's fixed now, and has been since last week, but your browser is remembering the old version. The way around this is for you to clear your browser cache, or to force a hard reload on the page (Ctrl-Shift-R, or Cmd-Shift-R on Mac).

On 10/20/2018 at 12:21 PM, Shard the Gentleman said:

I already sent in a note to Wakeless, but there's a notification issue. I haven't checked the site in awhile but when I logged in, it said I had 33 notifications, and when I went to check them, they were all GONE. All the unchecked ones and all the ones from the past.

Notifications that you had unread before the site update may be lost, sorry. Nothing we can do about that as the new site is so different than the old, it makes sense that the old notifications wouldn't be compatible.

On 10/20/2018 at 12:30 PM, ienzo628 said:

I wonder if they fixed the issue regarding the status updates.  Back before the site had this new server, I couldn't look at the replies I received on my statuses.

All bugs that were on the old site should be fixed, as the new site is a total rewrite from the ground up.

On 10/20/2018 at 4:16 PM, MythrilMagician said:

I seem to be getting randomly getting logged out when leaving PMs. Tried multiple and same result each time. 

Also, a dark theme would be rad.

EDIT: The log out issue is also happening when I leave my profile or a thread. I'm using the latest version of Chrome btw.

Actually, it seems to rectify itself when I refresh the page, which somehow logs me back in. Still a weird bug btw. Also, the textbox sometimes doesn't appear when I reply a thread or edit a post.

Any login issues should be fixed by logging out and logging back in again.

On 10/21/2018 at 4:16 AM, 2 quid is good said:

It's working fine for me, on mobile and firefox. However just yesterday my post count was what it normally was for the last few months, and today its dropped a lot. Is it a bug or another reason?

A post re-count was performed after the site upgrade. If your post count dropped then it may be because of removed posts/topics, or because of them being in forums where posts don't count towards the post count (I believe this is Roleplaying and Forum Games / Random).

Dark mode is a good idea, I agree.  Inverting the colour from white to black would save my eyes a lot.

Here is a new one, I think.  Spoilers seem to be a little buggy on the new site due to the new quote and spoiler bubble feature.  I think it has something to do with [/spoiler] not working when written out.  A "remove formatting" feature would be very useful to bring back, I think, or maybe some way to allow that written-out "[/spoiler]" to work again.