Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter

Hey! So I know a lot of older members used to hold these alot, so I thought i'd try my hand at it

Spoiler

If you want my qualifications I was a mod at a pokemon site I know how to handle pkmn tourneys

I'm looking for at least four members, but more is fine too! It's gonna be a single elimination to make it so we can blast through the tournament in a day, and depending on how much time and what people want we have it'll be a best of 3.

I already have myself, Trece, and Felixx down. One more is perfect, but if more people want to join then 8 is a great number too. If we have 8 bo3 might be a bit too much but we'll see

We'll be using pokemon showdown, an online simulator, so no console necessary, just an internet connection and a computer/phone. And for anyone worried about the phone version don't be, it's really good and simple to use.

We'll be playing 6v6 singles, and we can decide on the specific ruleset later. If we get at least one more person we'll be holding the tournament tomorrow, and I'll have a challonge up to keep track of the brackets.

Sound any good? Then please reply!

EDIT: We have our competitiors!

KH13 names - Showdown Names

2 quid is good - 2 Quiddy
Felixx - Felixx1809
Trece - Ana Bohueles
Joker - Icecl
Youyousuf - Youyousuf
AngelTheWeirdStranger - AngelTWS
Azure Flame - Azure Kyle
Yessie Maltese - Yessie Maltese

Here's how the first matches should go ---> www.challonge.com/sbk0vvkt

The tournament will be happening Sunday 9pm GMT/10pm European Time/5pm EST

If any non-participants want to watch any of the matches all you have to do is go on Pokemon Showdown and click "Watch a Battle" and choose from the list. Good luck to everybody and may the best quid battler win!

Edited by 2 quid is good

2 minutes ago, Felixx said:

Screw Trece

It might be better to hold the tournament on the weekend, people are less busy then. (Me included... xD)

That's fine with me too, it gives people more time to prepare. Also is your showdown name the same as this one?

Just now, Azure Flame said:

Would you say it's better on PC or Phone, because I have it for PC and am downloading it for phone, didn't know they had a mobile version.

Hmm, honestly I just use showdown on my phone's browser and the actual battling is fine, if slightly cramped. I'd say better on pc because of the nicer layout

2 minutes ago, Azure Flame said:

Ok.  I never actually battled with it before, mainly just using it to plan out teams that I would work on in-game.  Never set up a name or anything, still labeled as a guest XD

Well now you can test them out ?

And its gonna be singles OU, just so you know

3 minutes ago, Azure Flame said:

kk, good to know.  What time will it start on the weekend?  I live in EST, if that helps.

I'm thinking 9pm BST/10pm Europe, That should be around 12/2 pm in America accounting for timezones I think?

You'd think I'd know this after making the timezones posts all the time XD

2 pm EST works for me then, as that's when I usually wake up.  I work 3rd shift, so I'm up all night working, sleeping all morning.  Do we post our teams for review, or keep them secret?

2 minutes ago, Azure Flame said:

2 pm EST works for me then, as that's when I usually wake up.  I work 3rd shift, so I'm up all night working, sleeping all morning.  Do we post our teams for review, or keep them secret?

Okay so 10pm BST is 5pm EST. Is that still doable for you?

37 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

That's fine with me too, it gives people more time to prepare. Also is your showdown name the same as this one?

Name should be Felixx1809

2 minutes ago, 2 quid is good said:

With 8 people, and single elimination It should take about an hour at most, probably less though.

Unless your name is Quid, then you lose first match and it's already over

Cool! Sounds alright then. :)