Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

A New Trailer Or The Cinematic Opening?

Do you think we'll get a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III, or the cinematic opening for it?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Trailer Or Opening?

Hey there everyone, how's it going? So then, today, Paris Games Week begins, and it runs all the way through to October 30th! With Kingdom Hearts III confirmed to have a presence there via a demo, is it also safe to say that we could get a trailer for the game, or perhaps the cinematic opening? I ask because for 2.8, the Cinematic Opening of 0.2 was revealed at Paris Games Week, so there could be a likely chance we see something similar happen this weekend!

If not that, then perhaps a new trailer, and it wouldn't even have to be a long trailer, just long enough to reveal a new world! What do you all think? Trailer, or Opening?

In my opinion, neither. Even with 0.2 opening cinematic that we got that one year, my expectations are very low for this PGW. There's a possibility it might just be another one of those conventions where people play the demo on the PS4 and Xbox One and nothing more. I'm not completely writing this event off though. If there were to be anything at PGW, however, I think they'd probably show us the opening. I have mixed feeling about this, though. I would be excited to see it, but at the same time I think it should be kept under wraps until we all get to play the game ourselves. 

We'll be getting some info. I don't know what it could be. Maybe some cast announcements or more gameplay in a world we haven't seen much of. Like Corona and Olympus.

We might be getting a trailer at the X018 Event in Mexico City though.

If Face My Fears will be the opening and it's slated for release on January 18. I very much doubt we'll get the opening before that. I think we might get a trailer. But only because of the screenshots we recently received. They seemed like something that would relate to / hype up an upcoming trailer.

Edited by HaakonHawk

I personally hope that we won't see the opening CG until the game is released. Receiving it before then feels like sneaking a peek at a Christmas present before Christmas. As far as "too much" goes, that's too much for me. If they really do release it before the game, I'm going to try as hard as I can to avoid watching it. lol

I think we'll get more trailers as we approach the release date, but I wouldn't count on seeing more worlds. We've already seen so much. Gotta leave something to the imagination.

6 hours ago, Karxrida said:

I expect a trailer to drop before the opening (though I'm not sure we'll even get a trailer). III's way more important of a game than II.8, so I expect Nomura to hold back on even showing the opening at all before release day.

I hope we get a new trailer soon. 

On 10/26/2018 at 2:11 PM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

In my opinion, neither. Even with 0.2 opening cinematic that we got that one year, my expectations are very low for this PGW. There's a possibility it might just be another one of those conventions where people play the demo on the PS4 and Xbox One and nothing more. I'm not completely writing this event off though. If there were to be anything at PGW, however, I think they'd probably show us the opening. I have mixed feeling about this, though. I would be excited to see it, but at the same time I think it should be kept under wraps until we all get to play the game ourselves. 

Yeah, at this point, it's anyone's guess as to what will be shown, if anything at all! We're still two days away from the event from ending, so odds are we could see something before or on the 30th!

On 10/26/2018 at 2:29 PM, KH4Real said:

I'm pretty sure that we won't get the opening before the song Face my Fears is released.
A new trailer is possible or we could get one at November 3rd.

True, true, that could be possible! But if they showed the opening, they could just put a small snippet of Face My Fears. But then again, since the song is releasing on January 18th, maybe we'd get the Opening as a launch trailer? I honestly don't know. But then again, songs that are used in trailers are sometimes months away from actual release, so it could go either way.

On 10/26/2018 at 7:50 PM, Chasm said:

We'll be getting some info. I don't know what it could be. Maybe some cast announcements or more gameplay in a world we haven't seen much of. Like Corona and Olympus.

We might be getting a trailer at the X018 Event in Mexico City though.

That also could be plausible! I'd love to see more out of the Kingdom Of Corona, since Tangled is one of my favorite Disney films!

Oh, and that's right, it could happen! Honestly, with all these events happening all over the place, the chance we could be shown a world reveal or two could be high. X3

On 10/26/2018 at 10:01 PM, HaakonHawk said:

If Face My Fears will be the opening and it's slated for release on January 18. I very much doubt we'll get the opening before that. I think we might get a trailer. But only because of the screenshots we recently received. They seemed like something that would relate to / hype up an upcoming trailer.

That could be the case! I'd welcome a trailer most definitely! As for Face My Fears, the song could feature even if it's a bit away from release. It would be used as promotional material, after all. But then again, who knows?

On 10/26/2018 at 11:24 PM, setsugekka said:

I personally hope that we won't see the opening CG until the game is released. Receiving it before then feels like sneaking a peek at a Christmas present before Christmas. As far as "too much" goes, that's too much for me. If they really do release it before the game, I'm going to try as hard as I can to avoid watching it. lol

I think we'll get more trailers as we approach the release date, but I wouldn't count on seeing more worlds. We've already seen so much. Gotta leave something to the imagination.

Haha, I can understand that feeling, considering the emotions and sheer hype that have been leading up to this game.

And I get where you're coming from, but Nomura did say that all the worlds would be revealed before the game would release. So odds are we'd probably see two or three more world reveals, ya know?

On 10/27/2018 at 12:07 AM, MythrilMagician said:

If we get anything, it's likely a trailer with a new world reveal.

That would be awesome! Crossing my fingers for Treasure Planet! X_X

On 10/27/2018 at 3:01 AM, Movies798 said:

I think we might get a new trailer soon. However, I think we might have more info about Kingdom Hearts 3 from interviews and stuff.

That is true! The juiciest of info is indeed always saved for the interviews, after all!

14 hours ago, Karxrida said:

I expect a trailer to drop before the opening (though I'm not sure we'll even get a trailer). III's way more important of a game than II.8, so I expect Nomura to hold back on even showing the opening at all before release day.

Haha, that is true! I guess we'll see what happens!

7 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

I hope we get a new trailer soon. 

I hope so too!

1 hour ago, The Transcendent Key said:

And I get where you're coming from, but Nomura did say that all the worlds would be revealed before the game would release. So odds are we'd probably see two or three more world reveals, ya know?

Oh, did he say that? I could've sworn I heard that the Disney worlds we've seen are all the ones that are in the game, but I can't remember where I heard that... It's getting hard to keep track of all this info. lol I still hope that some worlds (Disney or original worlds) will remain a surprise.

Either way, I'm starting to turn into a believer. I already rewatched Atlantis juuust in case... Now I think I'll watch Treasure Planet. I never felt that strongly about Treasure Planet before, but I see why people think it would make an awesome world for KH. The pirate theme might overlap a bit with Pirates of the Caribbean, but it's pirates in SPAAAAAACE.

7 hours ago, setsugekka said:

Oh, did he say that? I could've sworn I heard that the Disney worlds we've seen are all the ones that are in the game, but I can't remember where I heard that... It's getting hard to keep track of all this info. lol I still hope that some worlds (Disney or original worlds) will remain a surprise.

Either way, I'm starting to turn into a believer. I already rewatched Atlantis juuust in case... Now I think I'll watch Treasure Planet. I never felt that strongly about Treasure Planet before, but I see why people think it would make an awesome world for KH. The pirate theme might overlap a bit with Pirates of the Caribbean, but it's pirates in SPAAAAAACE.

Nomura said in an interview there are still some Disney worlds left, probably only about two or three more. I don't know what they are doing with the original worlds though.

11 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

Nomura said in an interview there are still some Disney worlds left, probably only about two or three more. I don't know what they are doing with the original worlds though.

I hope one of those is Agrabah because I really want to see the Vanishing Isle, the Hand of Midas, the Forty Thieves, Cassim, Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding, and the Oracle.

Edited by ienzo628

On 10/28/2018 at 3:10 PM, setsugekka said:

Haha, indeed! I think that Treasure Planet would differentiate itself from the Caribbean significantly! But well, it's just a wild guess at this point, so we can't be certain if the world will indeed appear!