Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Axtwyt

Dissidia Opera Omnia: Battle Lines

World B. A land torn by war between the gods Cosmos and Chaos. 
The world has begun to heal from the wounds of thirteen cycles of war, and two new gods have arisen in place of the old.
Materia, born from the lingering will of Cosmos.
Spiritus, born from Chaos' indomitable spirit.

The two vie for control in shaping the reborn world, but the world must be maintained by the memories of warriors from distant lands.

And so the two gods shall summon their warriors.

But these gods do not understand the delicacies of summoning their warriors, and so the various combatants from distant worlds must forge their own bonds and find allies in a world similar to their own.

Will the warriors find their gods and figure out why they've been summoned to this world? Will they survive against the other warriors, much less the Fiends and other enemies born from their memories?

~Johnny, Besaid Island~

The waves crashed against Johnny's face, stirring him from his sleep. He awoke with a start, only to find himself on a tropical beach of some kind.

"Jaina?" he called out, but no answer was given him.

He rose from the waves and the sand and began to assess his situation. His gear was all there, still functioning. Excalibur still rested within its sheath, a reassuring comfort.

Johnny moved towards some of the trees, looking for some kind of food.

Something he couldn't shake, though, was the feeling that he'd been here before, somehow. But when? Johnny had never been to a beach of any kind prior to this, so where could he be?

~Jaina, Ultimecia's Castle~

The scavenger had searched the area to a great extent, and had found nothing of use, much less a door of any kind. She sighed, collapsing against a nearby cog that had stopped turning a few minutes ago.

"Lovely," she said, tired and in need of a drink. "I die trapped and thirsty in a clock tower."

She pulled her guns from their holsters and thought to herself what would happen if she ran out of bullets. No way to fight her way out of her with only a single clip each.

Her thoughts wandered to Johnny and Luke and Arlene. Were they here too? Trapped in corridors similar to hers?

"I better rest," she said, before sliding off the cog and lying down on the floor. "I'll look again once I can think straight."

~Variuer, Crown City of Insomnia~

The last thing he remembered was the searing heat of the core, a pain he had endured for what seemed to be years.

The next, nothing.

The dark figure opened his eyes and looked around. He saw himself at the center of a grand structure, with the illusion of a city beyond the immediate walls. Behind him, a tower that reached to the heavens, not unlike the one that Variuer had once claimed as his own.

Before the boy trapped him.

Variuer's anger surged, energy emanating from his body as he remembered how Jonathan's son had bested him.

His anger calmed, as he took stock of this situation.

He had arrived in a new world, where neither Jonathan nor his son could stop him. He would be free to do whatever he pleased with this world, and he would not be returned to his infernal prison.

Variuer began to walk up the steps to the tower, eager to see the world he was now in.

~Neku: Promised Meadow~

I don’t get people. 

Don’t Kill Me.

The World Is Garbage!!

Everyone is go-go-go-g-o-o-o

ERROR. 

Neku wakes up with a sudden jolt of fright. He’s panting. He wipes his forehead to see the sweat. “What...What the hell was that?” He says to himself. Those voices...They weren’t just mine...But other people that I know. But...That last one...What was that? 

As Neku pondered, his head rose up. He then realized...

Neku wasn’t in Shibuya. He was in a meadow of flowers. “...Where the actual hell am I?” He says to himself. Neku looks around. It’s just a really big field of flowers. “...” Neku checks his phone to see what was on there. No new messages at all. No new missions. Nothing new. It was normal. 

Nothing on here...And yet I feel like that’s strange...

Neku puts away the phone and looks in his left hand. He holds the Player pin. He looks at it for moment, remembering all he had been through in the last Reapers’ Game. After a few minutes, Neku checks his phone again. Still nothing. 

...What kind of sick joke are they playing here? They’re hardly this late for another mission unless...Wait. What am I saying? The Game’s already over. The last thing I remember was-

Neku’s eyes widen. He remembered his friends. Shiki. Beat. Rhyme. Even Joshua. Where were they? He begins walking through this field and looks around. No one. He starts walking faster. No one. He yells “Hello? Is anyone there!?” No one. He starts running. “Beat! Rhyme! SHIKI! JOSHUA! I’D EVEN TAKE A GODDAMN REAPER! HEY! ANYONE!?” There’s not a single soul in sight. Only the endless grass, flowers, the sun, and Neku. He was, for once...Alone. No noise. No sound. No people. Just...Him. Neku slows down...And stops. He’s finally coming to the realization that he is alone in this flower field. He looks down...

...If I were me before the Game...This would be everything I wanted...But now...I’m scared. 

Neku puts his hands on his headphones. 

I don’t know what’s going on. I don’t know why I have this Player Pin on me. I don’t know if another Game is starting. I don’t know where my friends are...

I don’t know anything right now.

Neku scans the area. There’s still nothing.

But standing around isn’t going to help. I need to figure out what’s going on. And if this really is a Game, I need to make a Pact with someone soon. 

Neku starts walking. 

“It looks like I’ve got some of my pins from the Game. That’s one good thing. Maybe if I could find anything familar, that could help...I would really like to see a red guy right about now. Never thought I’d say that.”

Edited by kingdomhearts45

[Chrono, Floating Continent]

Chrono was laying against a boulder, snoring in peace oddly enough.  He stirred for a bit before slowly opening his eyes.  Chrono yawned while stretching his arms and groggily says:  "Oh man.  Daytime already?  I guess prep for the honeymoon last night took longer than I thought.  Why didn't you wake me up sooner Marle?"  With no answer he asks again:  "Marle?"

He looks around and doesn't see his wife anywhere.  Getting worried Chrono quickly hops onto his feet and shouts:  "Marle!  Marle where are you?!"  Chrono blinks a few times as he takes a second gander of his surroundings.  "Better yet, where am I?"  He asks himself.

[Marle, Cornelia]

The sun beamed down on Marle's face, forcing her to wake up.  Upon awaking she noticed being surrounded by trees.  Marle stands up and realizes she's in a forest.  Confused she says: "W-what's going on?  Why am I in this forest?  With my bow and arrows?  I should be in the castle with...Chrono!!"  Marles' eyes open wide as she runs around the forest. "Chrono!  Are you here?  If you can hear me, then please answer!"  Marle demanded.  But there was no response.  With no one nearby Marle decides trying to leave the forest.   After a few minutes Marle finds her way on a hill and sees a lake with a castle on the other side.  "That's definitely not Guardia castle.  But there has to be someone in there.  Hopefully that 'someone' is Chrono."  So Marle marches on, looking for a way to reach that distant castle.

[Lavos, Planet's Core]

Lavos' eyes fiercely burst open.  It looked below to find itself standing on some sort of rock platform.  It looks up to notice other platforms floating up and down constantly.  Lavos wondered where it was presently located.  It certainly didn't look like the last world he was in.  Lavos wasn't even sure how it arrived there.  The last thing he remembered was...

Lavos, in a chasm of space-time, was barely standing together before seven individuals each struck at him.  Then Lavos roared in agony as he began fading away.  

Lavos stood as he shook with anger.  He then lets out a roar of absolute fury.  "HOW?!  How could I be defeated by those measly pests?!"  He yelled in a deep and monstrous voice.  Lavos went silent and stood in shock.  "Did I...just spoke?"  He asked.  Actually hearing himself speak, Lavos then says:  "Yes, I can speak.  But how is this possible?  Is it some side effect this world has on me?"  Upon saying that Lavos reminded himself of something:  he was in another world. Lavos:   "That's right.  I'm in a completely different world.  I can accomplish my goal without those pests interfering."  Lavos takes one more look around and says:  "Hmmm.  There doesn't appear to be any life in this area.  I should go look elsewhere.  Surely there must be some in this world."  Lavos begins hovering in place and ascends out of Planet's Core, searching for any signs of life.

~Xing, Midgar~

The young man looked around the area to find some clues where he is at. "Hello? Is anybody here? Jac? Haru? Mom? Anyone?" He tried calling them out but there was no response, getting a bit confused as he continues walking and crossing his arms. "Man, this place sure have a lot of technology. I don't remember seeing this place before nor i have heard of it.." He said. Xing started to get a feeling that he's not at home anymore, doubting that there's a city like this in where he's from. He then tried take the stairs to get a view of the city.

~Zaruka, Besaid Island~

Zaruka was laying on the grass, appeared to be knocked out until she started waking up as she felt the grass tickling her face due of the wind. As she gets up, the young girl was surprised. She wonders how did she get here. "Where... Am i? Fey! Fey, are you there? Where are you?" She asked. Zaruka gets worried about her dear cousin as she runs around the area, looking for her or anyone she knows. But first, She wants to know where she at and who left her here. Obviously she's not in her timeline and the area was never appeared in the past either. "Am i in a different timeline or another world?" She asked herself. Zaruka continues calling anyone as she decided to explore the island to find some answers.

~Zidane, Alexandria~

"Are you sure this will work, Quina?" Zidane spoke, unsure about what lies ahead, inside this portal above the Iifa Tree. Eiko walked right in, no hesitation- but Zidane wouldn't expect less from such a headstrong child.

"Is no problem! I warp in from outside before." Quina was a bit of a mystery to everyone. Their goal was to eat all of the worlds foods and taste everything- and yet here they were, at the edge of the world with us about to enter what could be a trap. Zidane nodded at Quina.

"I guess this is the only exit anyway."

"We find same magic field outside on way back. I warp in when I step in magic field outside." Quina nodded, pushing Zidane forward towards the warp pad leading outside The Invincible

"Alright... I guess it's no use worrying." Zidane took only a few steps in before realizing exactly where he was.

----

"Huh? This is... Alexandria!" Zidane, immediately surprised to be surrounded by shops and inns, stylized in a way he was overly familiar with. A ticket shop stood flat in the center- although this... none of this, could be right.

Alexandria, the city that Princess Garnet Til Alexandros had recently been coronated Queen as, and subsequently had been destroyed by the very man they were hunting- Kuja. None of these buildings should still be standing- or at least fires should be everywhere. However, even more was afoot.

"Huh...? Quina? Eiko? Dagger! Where are you guys?" Zidane looked around, confused at his sudden solidarity. "Did we all go to different places? Does this portal take scatter everyone who enters to random areas?... No, not possible. All those Silver Dragons came out of here. We should've all appeared wherever those Dragons came from. But this... there's no way."

Confused, Zidane looked up at the Castle, who he now revered a bit after discovering the eidolon Alexander protected this place.

"Time to figure out just what's going on!"

--Janus Zeal -- Ultimecia's Castle--

"Dangerous place to take a nap."  A boy, no older than thirteen, stood over the sleeping Jaina, his face a mask of emotion.  "Unless this is your tower.  Is it?"

A pink cat under Janus' arm let out a soft meow, nudging his owner in an attempt to receive recognition.  Sadly he received none as the young mage retained his attention upon Jaina.  "I suddenly arrived here.  One minute I was training with Droggo, my master, and the next I showed up here in this clock tower.  I did wonder if he played a trick on me, though the evidence is beginning to weigh otherwise.  You do not seem like you are from here, either, and I sense an ill omen in the air."

Janus fell silent, listening intently.  Silence echoed throughout the tower, which was odd considering the mechanisms that should have been in motion to render the clock useful.  Finally he returned his amber gaze to the woman.  "I should be leaving now.  Good luck."

(Will post for Vivi once I hear from Shard)

{Ardyn: Crown City of Insomnia}

“Well well well.” Ardyn said casually up ahead of Variuer.

The Chancellor leaned against a structure at the top of the stairs, gazing at Variuer with a bemused look.

“Another traveler in this strange place.” He continued. “Or something else. This place looks like my home, but it’s not. Your doing?”

While still predominantly pleasant, Ardyn’s voice had some darker under currents. He had awakened in this place at the cusp of his end game. What ever this delay was, he was not happy about it.

~Luna, Ruined Temple~

The young woman woke up in a strange place, and when she sat up she notice she is wearing strange, but familiar clothes on her. "What is this place, and why am I wearing these clothes?" She asked herself confused remembering the last time she was in her bedroom asleep, and woke up in this place.

~Johnny, Besaid Island~

In his search for food, Johnny had begun to move along a path towards a nearby mountain. However, a bit into his walk down the path, he found the terrain fade away into another landscape, far different from the beach where he had started.

Johnny scratched his head. Is this world some sort of illusion? How can that be? Those waves and those trees were far too real compared to this.

Johnny heard a voice calling out nearby him. He couldn't quite understand what was being said, but it sounded like Crystal.

Johnny went back towards the beach, calling out again.

"Crystal? Jaina? Luke? Arlene? Hello?"

Jaina awoke with a start, alerted by a voice talking to her. To her surprise, it wasn't a monster, but a kid. A pale kid with a pink cat, but nothing too alarming about him.

What the kid said afterwards made Jaina think twice. He said a trick? He's not from here? An ill omen? Who talks like that anymore?

Jaina began to get up from the floor, "If you're not from here, it makes sense that I'm not in my world anymore." Jaina's arms relaxed to her side. This kid couldn't be too old, not too much older than Amy from when...

Jaina shook the thought from her head and continued, "If you've got a way out of here, I'm willing to hear it."

The figure at the top of the stairs was a stranger to Variuer. Had he been there the whole time? How long was he watching?

Regardless of the answer, Variuer could sense a dark power inside the man. Not the same as his own, of course, but perhaps a power to be attained?

"It is not by my hand that this place appeared, nor have I brought myself here," Variuer replied to the man, reaching the top of the stairs and addressing the man on an even plane. "I am no creator of illusions. I know not how I was brought to this place either."

~Zaruka, Besaid Island~

After several minutes later, she couldn't find anyone around area. She kept walking through the path, trying calling out again until she heard someone's voice. It's sounded like a man, also sounded a little too old to be Xing but does sounds similar to Azure. As she was relieved, Zaruka can't really tell if that's him or someone else. If it is a stranger, could he be a friend, or an enemy? She decided to find the newcomer as she shouted again. "Hello! Mr. Who-ever-you-are, can you hear me?!" She then found a beach, amazed as she stares at the ocean. "Wow... Is this what a beach looks like in real life? It's so pretty!" She said.

[Chrono, The Floating Continent]

"This isn't Guardia or Truce, that's for sure."  Chrono mumbled while crossing arms.  He was in unfamiliar territory and intends to explore.  But he's not sure where to go due to this fog covering the place.  Before heading out Chrono takes a moment to look in his pouch to count his items.  "Let's see here....what?  All of my items are gone!  No potions, ethers, or anything.  Wait.  What about...?"  Chrono looks to his left side and sees his katana in its scabbard.  "Whew.  At least that's still with me."

Chrono begins walking to look around.  He quickly notices a stream of water and decides to follow it.  But Chrono stops when he sees the water run off the continents' ledge.  Looking down on the clouds he thinks:  I'm on a floating landmass.  So am I in the Zeal Kingdom in 12,000 BC?  But Queen Zeal should be gone and I definitely didn't go through a Gate.  Chrono looks right and sees some sort of portal swirling in place.  "Oh, there's one right now.  But it doesn't look like any Gate I've seen before.  I wonder where it leads.  Hopefully Marle is on the other side."  He says curiously.  Chrono stands up and walks on through the portal.

Upon exiting the portal Chrono heard the floor making a sound.  He looks down to see it's made of wood.  He looks ahead and sees some trap doors on the floor.  Chrono turns around and spots a flat castle prop.  He scratches his head and says:  "Trap doors and some props.  Am I on a theater stage?"  (Chrono is now at Prima Vista. )

[Marle, Cornelia]

Marle opened the castle doors and left the building.  Sighing in disappointment she says:  "I searched that castle top to bottom and no one was in there.  Guess I should look somewhere else."  Marle begins marching south to see if she finds someone.  During her march Marle thinks:  Chrono, if you're here somewhere, please be safe.  I promise I'll find you.

(Nothing for Lavos yet because I'm not sure where to take him next.)

~Neku: The Promised Meadow-TO-Narshe~

As Neku keeps walking through the flower meadow, he noticed something. It was beginning to snow. Little snowflakes were falling from the sky.

"What the...Snow? In a place like this?"

Neku stops walking and catching a snowflake in his hand. It was indeed an actual snowflake. As he takes one more step, he falls into knee deep snow.

"WOAH! Wh-What the hell!?" He exclaims in surprise. Neku takes another look around. He was in a completely different (and colder) place. He starts holding his arms together and begins to shiver. "I-I-I walk for a bit in that flower meadow and then I end up in this cold land. This doesn't make any sense at all." Neku takes out the fire pin and makes red flames go around him to keep warm and get rid of the snow around him. Not all of it though. "That's better...Though I still don't get why I'm even here or if anyone else is." He climbs out of the snow where he can safely walk without sinking. "Hmm...." He looks back from where he came. Neku can clearly see where the flower field is. In fact, it looks like it's right there as if there was a dividing line between the two places. "....Well...That's weird." He comments. Neku then sneezes. "Damn..." He rubs his nose. There isn't a point to go backwards right now... Neku keeps walking away from the flower meadow. Neku uses the fire Psych to surround himself in flames to keep warm enough to withstand the cold. As much as he liked space to himself, he internally hoped to find someone soon...

His world was starting to get lonely.

–Janus Zeal – Ultimecia's Castle –

The mage brushed back long strands of icy blue hair, gaze fixating on Jaina lazily.  "It may not work," he admitted, "though my thoughts would be to strike through the clock face itself.  It would be damaged, that is true, but it serves whomever right for trapping us here."  Janus seemed particularly bitter about being locked in the clock tower, if the vehemence in his tone was any indicator.  Alfador, his cat, leapt out of his arms and arched its back, stretching before licking a paw.  Did it sense that Janus was preparing to use his magic?

Extending his open palms away from his body, the mage rose from the ground and swept over to the clock face.  He muttered some kind of incantation, reaching for the scythe hitched to his back.  Flames danced into being, engulfing the blade of his weapon and causing it to glow red hot.  With a well-timed swing the metal hit the face of the clock, and a loud thud resounded throughout the tower as part of its face broke off in a chunk, falling to the ground below.  He turned around and offered Jaina a smirk, his slippered feet hitting the ground alongside her.

"This should be adequate," Janus responded.  "Though we best hurry, for whomever watches over this tower will likely be very mad that we've damaged it, let alone that we are escaping.  Shall we be off?  Can you fly?"

–Vivi – Lunar Subterrane –

The black mage straightened his hat, orb-like eyes penetrating the crystal palace in the distance.  The ground around him was a lifeless plain, with mountains surrounding him from every angle.  The last thing he remembered was leaving Zidane and Eiko, but . . . where were they?

"Eiko?  Eiko!  Zidane?" Panic flooded into Vivi's chest, realizing that he was all alone in this land.  He had no choice but to continue wandering ahead, heading north toward Cornelia in hopes of finding another living soul.

(Sorry for the short intro post–hoping that he'll run into Marle if you're up for it @Ultimus Grid)

1 hour ago, Mystics Apprentice said:

–Vivi – Lunar Subterrane –

The black mage straightened his hat, orb-like eyes penetrating the crystal palace in the distance.  The ground around him was a lifeless plain, with mountains surrounding him from every angle.  The last thing he remembered was leaving Zidane and Eiko, but . . . where were they?

"Eiko?  Eiko!  Zidane?" Panic flooded into Vivi's chest, realizing that he was all alone in this land.  He had no choice but to continue wandering ahead, heading north toward Cornelia in hopes of finding another living soul.

(Sorry for the short intro post–hoping that he'll run into Marle if you're up for it @Ultimus Grid)

(That's fine with me Mystic.  I actually planned on Marle meeting someone before reuniting with Chrono.)

[Marle, between Cornelia & Lunar Subterrane]

In what seemed like hours Marle took a short break from walking.  She sits down for a moment to think things through.  So far I haven't seen anyone in that castle or the several hills I passed.  I'm starting to wonder if there's anyone here at all.  She looks ahead and sees a something in the distance.  Wait, not something, someone.  Marle could see a person's figure in the distance.  But she isn't sure who it is.  Not willing to wait any longer Marle jumps up and jogs toward the person.  "Finally!  There's someone else here besides me.  HEEEEY!!  Over here!"  She screams to the person.

(Would've responded sooner but I had to babysit my niece.)

~Zidane, Alexandria/Prima Vista~

The doors to the castle stood steadfast- no matter what force Zidane pushed against with, they would not budge. The secret to opening the door involved a pully system that required two people- and Zidane was by himself. No Vivi, No Dagger, not even Rusty. He fell back against the ground, looking towards the sky.

"Ugh, what kind of joke is this, Kuja?" He pounded the ground with his left hand, throwing his right over his head in frustration. After a brief moment, Zidane threw himself up with a quick flip.

"Guess I won't be finding anything here." He turned, back towards the Ticket Master's tent, passed the bar, and out into the final plaza. This door was wide open- and not too far away, Zidane could see it.

"Is that... the Prima Vista? No way!" One hand after the other flying forward, Zidane dashed his way across the field towards the ship he was oh so familiar with- the airship he spent more time in than he did anywhere else. The home of the Tantalus Theatre Troupe- a guild of thieves disguised as an entertainment gaggle. Rather luxurious, a gracious gift from the head man of Lindblum himself- but still, nothing like The Invincible, or even The Hilda Garde.

"This shouldn't even be standing. We totaled this thing when we crashed into the Evil Forest, and Baku says they abandoned it here to escape- hardly- with their lives." Yet, here it was. Zidane observed it, walked around, inside and out- everything was exactly as he remembered it from before the crash.

"None of this is... wait- who's that?" Zidane spotted- on the stage section- a boy. Red hair, a blue tunic, a yellow scarf- not someone Zidane has ever seen. Immediately, Zidane rushed towards the boy.

"Sorry to impose..." He stood calmly, hands behind his head in a relaxed pose. "Who are you, and, can I ask why you're on my ship? Not that it bothers me. Just curious."

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

{Ardyn: Crown City of Insomnia}

”Ah, forgive my rudeness.” Ardyn said in a mock worried tone. “I had assumed too much and forgotten my manners entirely.”

He took off his hat and gave a theatrical bow.

”I am Ardyn Inzunia. I could go on about my titles, but I suspect they will mean little to nothing to you in this place.”

Replacing his hat on his head, Ardyn gave a smile.

”I suppose we have picked to preform some form of adventure for the betterment of our lands. Done much adventuring yourself, Mr....?”

~Johnny, Besaid Island~

Johnny heard someone calling back to him, and he headed back towards the beach.

Across the beach, he saw a girl with black hair, dressed in teal clothes. Not Crystal, Jaina or Arlene, but it was still a relief to find another person here.

Johnny ran towards the girl, waving his arm and calling out to her, "Hey there! Are you from around here?"

Jaina watched the boy make quick work of one of the walls. A magick user, just like Arlene and the rest of the Knights. Jaina had no want or talent for magick, but she did admit it had its uses.

"I'm with you," Jaina said, striding up to the hole in the wall. "Whoever owns this place is not gonna like your handiwork, and I don't intend on taking the blame." She looked over to the boy, "I can't fly, but I know how to climb. How much can you carry?"

"Variuer," he replied to the man. Variuer turned his attention to back to the tower, "I am a conqueror, not an adventurer. And this new world is fit for the taking. Whatever reason we have been brought here for, I do not intend to go back."

~Bartz, Narshe~

The young mimic had been wandering through the town for a while now, and he was getting rather cold.

Bartz had wrapped himself in his cape for now, but he definitely needed something a bit more substantial than that.

Moreover, he definitely needed to find someone else in this town.

As he strode down one of the walkways in the snowy town, he spotted a boy with orange hair, wearing strange purple clothes. How strange could it be, though? Bartz thought to himself. I've already met a talking turtle and fought an evil tree!

Bartz' cold body lost all its weariness as Bartz ran towards the boy.

"Hey there, traveler!" Bartz called out. "Nice to find another face out here!"

Neku heard a voice.

Not in his, no. An outside, actual voice. The fire stopped. Neku looked up. 

Finally...

Neku saw a male man with brown hair. Though...He had the most oddest appearance. The clothes he wore, the accessories...Just who was this guy? He didn’t look like a Reaper, that’s for sure...

Only by allowing strangers in, can we find new ways to be ourselves. 

No matter what, it was another person. That was good enough for him. Neku approached the man with his hands in his hoodie pockets. 

“Yeah...Same here.” 

Just from seeing another person after what felt like hours or even days...It made him feel happy. Neku cracks a little grin. 

“My name’s Neku Sakuraba. Do you know where we are?” He asks inquisitively. 

~Luna, close to Cornelia~

The young woman walked as she gets confused that she thinks she should talk to whoever brought her here. As she walks she begin to see something a bit far, but near after walking through the bridge to a mysterious castle not far. "Hello!? Is anyone out there!?" She yelled as loud as she can.

–Janus Zeal – Leaving Ultimecia's Castle–

The blue-haired youth couldn't contain his smirk of amusement at Jaina's comment.  "Very well.  We shall leave together then."  Alfador, sensing that they were soon departing, leapt back up into Janus' arms, its eyes fixated on Jaina with a queer look.  A frown furrowed his brow as Jaina inquired as to his carrying capacity.

"That depends," he responded slowly.  "Do you mean . . . can I carry you?"–he sized her up before even receiving affirmation–"I could fly you up to the clock face, if that is what you are wondering, though not for any longer.  You do not look particularly heavy."

His amber eyes darted from the hole in the clock to the woman, hesitation readable from his expression.  "I realize that I do not even know your name," Janus said at last.  "My name is Janus, prince of Zeal: the floating city.  And you are?"

–Vivi – Between Lunar Subterrane and Cornelia –

The mage was starting to tire quickly.  He had been walking for ever so long, and his poor feet felt like he was wearing blisters from his worn old boots.  He considered taking them off and walking barefoot, but that did not seem like a very safe idea.  The terrain was still rocky, albeit less than before, and he did not need to scrape himself.  As he prepared to stop and rest he noticed a young woman waving at him in the distance and calling out something that he could not hear.

Did Vivi know her?

Uncertain, Vivi waved back and began quickly making his way toward her, which looked more like an awkward waddle than anything else.  Upon arriving at the Guardia Princess, Vivi placed his gloved hands on his knees and began panting, before bringing his orb-like eyes up to meet hers.  He didn't recognize her, though she seemed kind enough: a gentle face and a warm aura that exuded all about her.  Vivi gave her a polite nod.

"Hello," he said to her.  "Are you by any chance lost?  My name is Vivi, and I am trying to figure out where I am and find my friends."

[Chrono, Prima Vista]

Chrono went to one of the trap doors and tried opening it, seeing if it take him someplace else.  But it wouldn't budge no matter how much he pulled.  In a surrendering sigh he says:  "So much for that.  There has to be some way out of here." 

Just then Chrono hears a voice and turns to see a young coming his way.  One with a tail to his surprise.  While a little curious Chrono was relieved to see another person here.  "My name is Chrono.  As for how I got here, I went through this weird looking gate or portal I found at a floating island I woke up on.  How I got on that island, I don't know.  Wait.  Your ship?  This stage is part of a ship?" He responds.

[Marle, Between Lunar Subterrane & Cornelia]

Marle gave a calm smile as Vivi introduced himself.  "Hello.  Yeah I am lost.  I woke up in a forest I didn't recognize and searched for my husband in the castle nearby it.  But I couldn't find anyone inside.  For minute there I thought I was alone until I saw you.  Oh silly me, where are my manners?  My name is Marle. It's nice to meet you Vivi."  She replies.

Marle blinked a few times when she heard Vivi was looking for his friends.  "Looking for your friends?  You got separated from them?"  She asked.  Marle thought to herself for a moment and proposed:  "Since we're both looking for people we care for, why don't we look for them together?  It's safer than going at it alone.  I'm sure we'll find them somewhere in this era."