Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Axtwyt

Dissidia Opera Omnia: Battle Lines

Vivi – Cornelia–

The black mage arrived at the palace steps shortly before Marle, his orb-like eyes taking in the scene before him.  The castle held much beauty, its condition well-maintained throughout the ages.  Its style reminded him considerably of Alexandria Castle back home.  Bracing both gloved hands on one of the heavy wooden doors, Vivi pushed with all of his might and opened one of them ajar.  He turned to Marle and offered her a bow.  "Ladies first."

If Marle and Luna entered, Vivi would fall shortly behind, eyeing the decor on the walls as his boots tread softly upon the red velvet carpet.  "Do you think anyone is going to be showing up anytime soon?" Vivi's voice echoed off the walls and danced throughout the foyer.

Janus Zeal – North of Ultemicia's Castle–

A smirk stretched Janus' pale lips fine.  "Yes, traversing the forest does seem to be the most reasonable course of action.  Let us proceed to seek shelter in the forest, then."

No other words escaped the blue-haired youth's lips as they tread into the evening, his stomach rumbling though no protest came forth.  He'd endured much worse back before the Mystics found him, and even after (in rare instances).  Alfador, however, was louder about his fatigue.  He meowed loudly during their trek, clawing at the pack on Janus' back before finally scampering away and chasing after some forest critter.  Janus seemed rather unfazed by his disappearance, and before Jaina could utter a word on the matter he proffered: "Alfador is always doing that.  He will return to us in time."

~Johnny, Besaid Island~

Johnny looked to Zaruka and began to calm himself, "Sorry about that. Force of habit."

It was then that something hit Johnny from above. His whole body was driven into the sand by whatever hit him.

Johnny pushed himself up out of the sand, whatever landed on him was off now.

"Ugh... I'm so sorry! This wasn't supposed to happen...where did everyone go?" a voice said. Johnny looked over and saw a boy, maybe about the same age as Crystal.

Johnny got up and brushed the sand off of himself, "Looks like you're as lost as we are. Where'd you come from?"

~Jaina, North of Ultimecia's Tower~

Jaina laughed a bit at Janus, "Cats do tend to be that way." As she walked, she looked up towards the trees, trying to eye some fruit or some small animal. She was starting to feel hungry, but she also had the kid to take care of too.

"Spot anything that looks like food to you?" Jaina asked. "I'm not seeing anything."

~Variuer, Crown City of Insomnia~

Variuer thought for a moment at Ardyn's question. He thought to New York City, the start of the Union of Territories. He had taken it to use against Jonathan, as a personal taunt to Jonathan's love of the city.

"I once ruled a city like this, until my rival returned with his son and cast me out," Variuer said.

~Bartz, Narshe~

"Might as well," Bartz replied to Neku. "Who knows what's on the other side of the mountains?" As the two walked closer to the town, Bartz heard some rumblings of life coming from it.

"That's weird, I can hear some people there," Bartz said. "But nobody was here a while ago."

~Saber, Crown City of Insomnia~
She shifted for a moment thinking upon that she was a king after all so, in essence, she could feel there was a hidden layer to such a question, she looked at Variuer for a moment taking note of what he said before remaining silent for a moment before answering. "No real Architecture like this place but I was a King. "Eventually it fell to ruin due to my own mistakes as a King."

The King is not Capable of Understanding her People.

She stopped for a moment her eyes peering down one of the empty alleyways "Something is following us." She felt another presence albeit hidden in the shadows following them as if waiting for the right time to strike.

~Zidane, Prima Vista/Lunar Subterrane~

"Of course it has a name!" Zidane excitedly spoke, maybe a bit too loudly. "This is the Prima Vista! Base of Operations for the Tantalus Theater Troupe. Did I mention I'm an actor?" Zidane bowed before her, winking as he rose back up. He looked over towards Chrono, who seemed a bit distracted, staring out the window.

"Yo, Chrono. You're doing really well for your first time flying an airship. Think you could land one just as easy?" He pointed out the front window, towards a clearing in the darkened area.

"Try landing there."

~Hope Estheim, Besaid Island~

Hope stopped apologizing once he realized that he was somewhere he couldn't recognize as either Pulse, or Cocoon. The boy spoke back to him, mentioning that he was lost.

"I guess.. I guess I'm lost too, heh..." He rubbed the back of his head a bit awkwardly, but quickly reinstated his confidence. "So, you guys don't know where you are either? I'm gonna guess that you were also minding your own business, when you suddenly appeared here?"

Hope was finding it easier and easier to accept the strange happenings of his life.

On 11/15/2018 at 9:51 AM, kingdomhearts45 said:

~Emeralda: Eden~

Listening to Xing, Emeralda nods to him. "Yes. More we explore. More chances to find friends. More we learn about happenings." She answers. 

~Xing, Eden~

He nodded to her. "Ok. I'll check it out first, to see if it's safe." Xing walks towards the bridge, looking around the area. It's appeared to be empty, just like the city. "Well, there's no one here either... Alright, it's all clear! You can come over here now!" He said as he waved at Emeralda.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:03 PM, Axtwyt said:

~Johnny, Besaid Island~

Johnny looked to Zaruka and began to calm himself, "Sorry about that. Force of habit."

It was then that something hit Johnny from above. His whole body was driven into the sand by whatever hit him.

"Ugh... I'm so sorry! This wasn't supposed to happen...where did everyone go?" a voice said. Johnny looked over and saw a boy, maybe about the same age as Crystal.

Johnny got up and brushed the sand off of himself, "Looks like you're as lost as we are. Where'd you come from?"

~Zaruka, Besaid Island~

"No, it's fine....whoa!" Zaruka got off guard when a boy came out of nowhere and fell on Johnny from above. She rushed to Them to help them out. "Are you ok?" She asked as she helped the boy to get up first.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:03 PM, Axtwyt said:

~Johnny, Besaid Island~

Jaina laughed a bit at Janus, "Cats do tend to be that way." As she walked, she looked up towards the trees, trying to eye some fruit or some small animal. She was starting to feel hungry, but she also had the kid to take care of too.

"Spot anything that looks like food to you?" Jaina asked. "I'm not seeing anything."

Variuer thought for a moment at Ardyn's question. He thought to New York City, the start of the Union of Territories. He had taken it to use against Jonathan, as a personal taunt to Jonathan's love of the city.

"I once ruled a city like this, until my rival returned with his son and cast me out," Variuer said.

~Bartz, Narshe~

"Might as well," Bartz replied to Neku. "Who knows what's on the other side of the mountains?" As the two walked closer to the town, Bartz heard some rumblings of life coming from it.

"That's weird, I can hear some people there," Bartz said. "But nobody was here a while ago."

~Neku Sakuraba: Narshe~

“Is that so?” Neku responded aloud. Maybe a scan can bring some light to all this...

Neku puts his hands on his headphones and closes his eyes, focusing hard as he “Scans” the area to read peoples’ thoughts or find something hidden. 

~Jessica Albert: Prima Vista(Now Flying!)~

Jessica nearly rolls her eyes at Zidane winking at her, then chuckles at the sight of his actions. “You remind me of a friend back in my world. He’s always acting as the flirtatious type, going after ‘beautiful’ woman and all that.” She says. Jessica comes up next to Chrono as he’s driving the ship. “You seem to have experience in driving this ‘Prima Vista’. Do you have these in your world as well?” She asks curiously. 

3 hours ago, Yessie Maltese said:

~Xing, Eden~

He nodded to her. "Ok. I'll check it out first, to see if it's safe." Xing walks towards the bridge, looking around the area. It's appeared to be empty, just like the city. "Well, there's no one here either... Alright, it's all clear! You can come over here now!" He said as he waved at Emeralda.

~Zaruka, Besaid Island~

"No, it's fine....whoa!" Zaruka got off guard when a boy came out of nowhere and fell on Johnny from above. She rushed to Them to help them out. "Are you ok?" She asked as she helped the boy to get up first.

Emeralda nods and walks towards Xing. She takes a look around the newfound location. “Very little here. Looks like...Passage. Entry way.” She touches the floor and glides her hand across the surface. “...Unknown technology.”

[Chrono, Prima Vista/Lunar Subterrane]

Chrono turns to Zidane for a minute and replies:  "Well I've flown something similar to an 'airship' back home.  So I a know a thing or two.  I can certainly give landing in this a try." 

He then turns to Jessica when she came up.  "Not exactly.  How do I explain it?  During our adventures my friends and I came across this one man's machine that was able to travel through any point in time.  Eventually this machine, I nicknamed 'Epoch,' was modified with wings so it could fly.  But I wasn't around when that happened."  Chrono went silent for a moment as recalled that time.  The time when he perished.  Or would have if not for Marle and the others.  

Chrono notices the clearing Zidane pointed towards and directs the ship there.  "Got it.  Okay, here goes..."  The Prima Vista hovered in place for a bit.  Then it descends slowly before landing gently on the ground.  Chrono sighed out of relief and says:  "Great.  That went better than I thought.  Guess I still got it."

(Will post for Lavos and maybe Marle later today or tomorrow.)

{Ardyn: Crown City Of Insomnia}

Ardyn smirked at the answers to his questions. So, some failed rulers. No wonder one of them wanted someplace new. Saber’s motivation was still a bit of a mystery, though he had the patience to tease out the answers he wanted. 

The announcement that there was someone following them didn’t alter Ardyn’s demeanor. He kept up a nonchalant gate as his mind considered what to do next.

“Can you tell how far they are?” He asked quietly over his shoulder. “And keep moving. Don’t tip your hand till you are ready to spring your own trap.”

[Lavos, Empyreal Paradox]

Lavos tried its hardest to drain some energy out of the large crystal.  But such a task proved to be impossible to achieve.  The alien parasite felt no change from within.  It was clear to Lavos he had to go somewhere else for his energy needs.  He looks behind the crystal to see another portal in the vicinity.  He walks towards and enters it.

[Marle, Cornelia]

Marle stopped when she finally caught up to Vivi.  She placed both hands on her knees while trying to catch her breath.  "Whew.  Vivi sure can run if he wants to."  She mumbled.  Marle stands up to see Vivi offering her an entry into the castle.  She giggles from the offer and reciprocates with a bow of her own.  "Such a gentleman.  Thank you very much."  Marle walks past Vivi and enters the castle once more. 

So far there didn't appear to be any changes since the last visit.  There were still stone pillars further down the hall.  Marle turned to Vivi and replied:  "I hope so.  While it's great I met you and Luna, I'd feel more at ease if we ran into more friendly faces."

~Johnny, Besaid Island~

Johnny smiled. The kid had his head on his shoulders, which would definitely help in times like this.

"I'm fine, Zaruka," Johnny replied to the girl. "Our new friend didn't do too much to me." Johnny turned his attention to what the boy had asked, "This beach is so different from anything I've ever seen, so I know I've never been here before."

Johnny's thoughts then turned to the other question. What was the last thing Johnny remembered before he got here? He thought for a moment before he realized it.

"Before I ended up on this beach, I was at home, reading a book," Johnny said, retracing his steps in his head. "My eyes were getting tired, so I decided to take a nap. Then the next thing I knew, I was washed up on this beach." Johnny then looked toward both of the others, "What about you two? What's the last thing you remember before you came here?"

Variuer's hands were growing restless. Something following them? Something he hadn't sensed?

In any other scenario, he would've attacked. But Ardyn...

Ardyn knew his tactics.

Variuer would play nice, for now, but he was not to be caught off guard.

His right hand extended to brush against a light pole as he walked past. Red lightning flickered into his hand. A small amount of energy, but it would have to be enough for now.

If whatever was following them was hostile, they would know Variuer's power.

~Bartz, Narshe~

"Huh?" Bartz cocked his side to the side as he watched what Neku was doing. Curious to see if he could imitate whatever it was, Bartz stood next to him and tried to replicate the pose Neku was doing. Once he had that down, Bartz closed his eyes and...

Nothing. No power, no nothing. Bartz was just standing in the cold with his eyes closed.

"Man! Guess I'm not picking up whatever trick you're doing," Bartz sighed. He looked over to his companion, then back to the town in the snow, wondering again about the strange town.

(I'll write Jaina's bit after Mystics posts.)

(Sorry for the delay; I got caught up in the holidays and other stuff)

–Janus Zeal – North of Ultimecia's castle –

Janus wasn't sure if Jaina's comment was a joke or meant to be serious.  A frown furrowed his brow.  "I am not from this land and thus cannot tell if the berries or mushrooms here are safe for consumption.  There is some bark that is edible, but again these plants are foreign to me."  He stopped at a bush, its red berries ripe and beautiful.  He sniffed at it, frowned, and continued moving forward.  They had not even chanced upon some animals for hunting.  Perhaps food wouldn't come readily to them.

A deep meow broke the silence surrounding them, causing Janus to turn around to the source of the sound.  Alfador came padding over, his jaw gaping open with something furry protruding from it.  He dropped his "gift" at the feet of his master: a small rabbit that had met the end of its days.  The blue-haired youth hesitated, considering it for a moment before picking Alfador up and scratching behind the pink cat's ears.  "Well . . . that was useful.  Do you know how to skin a rabbit?"

Without awaiting a response, Janus began to collect some dry branches, placed them neatly in a pile, before snapping his fingers.  Flames encircled his thumb and index finger, growing in radius and intensity as the moments passed.  He flicked his wrist, and the flames leapt from his hand and onto the targeted broken branches, where the flames thrived.

(I'm hesitant to continue on with Vivi without @twilight_roxas?)

15 hours ago, Axtwyt said:

~Johnny, Besaid Island~

Johnny smiled. The kid had his head on his shoulders, which would definitely help in times like this.

"I'm fine, Zaruka," Johnny replied to the girl. "Our new friend didn't do too much to me." Johnny turned his attention to what the boy had asked, "This beach is so different from anything I've ever seen, so I know I've never been here before."

Johnny's thoughts then turned to the other question. What was the last thing Johnny remembered before he got here? He thought for a moment before he realized it.

"Before I ended up on this beach, I was at home, reading a book," Johnny said, retracing his steps in his head. "My eyes were getting tired, so I decided to take a nap. Then the next thing I knew, I was washed up on this beach." Johnny then looked toward both of the others, "What about you two? What's the last thing you remember before you came here?"

Variuer's hands were growing restless. Something following them? Something he hadn't sensed?

In any other scenario, he would've attacked. But Ardyn...

Ardyn knew his tactics.

Variuer would play nice, for now, but he was not to be caught off guard.

His right hand extended to brush against a light pole as he walked past. Red lightning flickered into his hand. A small amount of energy, but it would have to be enough for now.

If whatever was following them was hostile, they would know Variuer's power.

~Bartz, Narshe~

"Huh?" Bartz cocked his side to the side as he watched what Neku was doing. Curious to see if he could imitate whatever it was, Bartz stood next to him and tried to replicate the pose Neku was doing. Once he had that down, Bartz closed his eyes and...

Nothing. No power, no nothing. Bartz was just standing in the cold with his eyes closed.

"Man! Guess I'm not picking up whatever trick you're doing," Bartz sighed. He looked over to his companion, then back to the town in the snow, wondering again about the strange town.

(I'll write Jaina's bit after Mystics posts.)

Focus...” Neku whispered. The keywords of people’s thoughts appeared like lightbulbs turning on. No signs of Noise floating around. 

“Safe”

”Chilly”

”Outdated”

”Work”

Hmm...Nothing standing out...

Neku chose to read the mind of a woman with the keyword “Safe”. 

“Thank goodness everything is alright! I thought I heard some ruckus earlier, but it doesn’t seem to be any conflict!

Oh! But I still worry...My children are still out there playing...” 

Neku opens his eyes and looks to Bartz. He gives a little chuckle and a slight smirk. “It’s a little trick I use to get some information. Nothing too major, but some children are still outside of the town playing in the snow.” Neku points to the woman he read. “That woman might be the mother of them.” 

Jaina picked up the rabbit, "Of course! Give me a second." She pulled her hunting knife out from one of her holsters and began to carefully skin the rabbit.

"Handy that your cat found this," Jaina said, finishing her handiwork. She looked over towards a nearby tree and grabbed a few twigs. "Also handy that I know how to cook rabbit." She began to skewer pieces of meat to the twigs and cook them over the fire.

~Bartz, Narshe~

Bartz is totally beside himself now, "Wow, that's awesome!" Bartz then looks back towards the town.

"Maybe we should go get the kids back to the mother?" Bartz asks. "Or should we go ask the mother if she needs our help?"

30 minutes ago, Axtwyt said:

Jaina picked up the rabbit, "Of course! Give me a second." She pulled her hunting knife out from one of her holsters and began to carefully skin the rabbit.

"Handy that your cat found this," Jaina said, finishing her handiwork. She looked over towards a nearby tree and grabbed a few twigs. "Also handy that I know how to cook rabbit." She began to skewer pieces of meat to the twigs and cook them over the fire.

~Bartz, Narshe~

Bartz is totally beside himself now, "Wow, that's awesome!" Bartz then looks back towards the town.

"Maybe we should go get the kids back to the mother?" Bartz asks. "Or should we go ask the mother if she needs our help?"

Neku looks to the supposed mother. She looks rather worried. Frightened even. And it is not because of the shivering cold, but shivering fear so to speak. Neku looks back to Bartz. 

“Let’s find the kids. They can’t be too far.” He said. Neku puts his hands in his hoodies pockets and starts walking to the right. 

~Saber, Crown City of Insomina~
Her eyes moved for a moment yet she kept her focus on walking forward "Whatever it is they are keeping their distance likely waiting for more of them." So an enemy that likely was weak in small numbers... That or they were only following.

She looked at Variuer for a moment narrowing her eyes small things like that can easily put whatever was watching them on-!

She quickly lent back as a large creature of black with yellow orbs as eyes appeared out of the ground attempting to swipe at her, her hand gripped around something invisible and she slammed it straight into the creature slicing it in half only a dark mist following after as the creature faded away, a blue swirl of wind was around her hand yet neither of the two could likely determine what it was she was holding or the length and size of it.

...More of them began to appear like shadows hunting down easily noticeable prey whatever they were it was clear they were attracted to something.

"Friends of yours?" She asked.

On 11/15/2018 at 9:51 AM, kingdomhearts45 said:
On 11/20/2018 at 1:14 PM, kingdomhearts45 said:

Emeralda nods and walks towards Xing. She takes a look around the newfound location. “Very little here. Looks like...Passage. Entry way.” She touches the floor and glides her hand across the surface. “...Unknown technology.”

~Xing, Eden~

"Hmm. It does..." He said. Xing started walking forward as he realized something. "Say Emeralda. Do you remember anything about how you got into that city before we met?" He remembered waking up on floor, with a terrible headache. But what actually happened him before coming here? The young Man tries to remember while crossing his arms.

On 11/24/2018 at 6:41 PM, Axtwyt said:

~Johnny, Besaid Island~

~Zaruka, Besaid Island~

"Well, all i can remember is training with my cousin and my older brother. Then i was going to get something to eat but i was feeling so tired so i decided to take nap. And then, i woke up on the ground. And searching around, that's when i met Mr. Johnny." After finished explaining her story, She then gasps as she remembers something important, Fey and Xing. "Oh no! Fey! Xing! I almost forgot about them!" She began to worry. She didn't know what happened to them.

~Luna Cordelia Castle~

Luna with Vivi & Marie enter the castle as she look around she felt like she saw this castle from afar before. A flash appear in her head seeing 10 warriors, and what looks like her in a grassy field.

{Ardyn: Crown City of Insomnia}

Ardyn whirled around as the dark creature rose from the ground and attacked Saber. He relaxed as she handily dealt with the creature.

"Nicely done." He congratulated, with a golf clap.

The arrival of more of the creatures got an amused look from the Chancellor. 

"While not friends of mine, they might be based on my world. Creatures called daemons haunt the night of my world." Ardyn answered.

Causally side stepping one of the creatures, Ardyn raised a hand above his head. In a swirl of light, a scythe appeared in his hand. He brought the weapon down, cleaving through the creature.

On 11/28/2018 at 3:26 PM, Yessie Maltese said:

~Xing, Eden~

"Hmm. It does..." He said. Xing started walking forward as he realized something. "Say Emeralda. Do you remember anything about how you got into that city before we met?" He remembered waking up on floor, with a terrible headache. But what actually happened him before coming here? The young Man tries to remember while crossing his arms.

~Zaruka, Besaid Island~

"Well, all i can remember is training with my cousin and my older brother. Then i was going to get something to eat but i was feeling so tired so i decided to take nap. And then, i woke up on the ground. And searching around, that's when i met Mr. Johnny." After finished explaining her story, She then gasps as she remembers something important, Fey and Xing. "Oh no! Fey! Xing! I almost forgot about them!" She began to worry. She didn't know what happened to them.

Emeralda looks up at Xing. “I remember...Walking with friends...Fei...Celebrating victory. Then...Light flashed. I faint. Then wake up there. I find you. That all...I remember.” She responds. 

--Janus -- North of Ultimecia's Tower--

The blue-haired youth didn't care to admit it, but he was rather grateful that Jaina did the honors of skinning the rabbit.  Growing up as a royal, Janus had little experience in hunting and the grizzly task of preparing the meat, so the less that he had to dirty his hands, the better.

He sat by the fire and rubbed his hands together, before bringing them up to the dancing flames to warm them.  "So, what was your home world like?" he asked, eyeing the meat as it roasted over the fire.  His stomach growled; never did he recall a small piece of rabbit flesh looking so good.

--Vivi -- Cornelia Castle--

When the black mage paused he noticed that Luna seemed deep in thought.  He tilted his head, the top of his canvas hat drooping to the side.  "Are you okay there, Miss Luna?" he inquired, searching her face carefully.  His voice echoed throughout the palace chambers, in a sense that caused chills to run down Vivi's spine.  He didn't much like traipsing through an abandoned castle.

"I wonder why no one is here," Vivi questioned aloud.  "Do you suppose anyone will end up coming back while we are here?"

Jaina handed Janus one of the sticks with rabbit meat on it, laughing a bit at the boy's question, "Ha, that's a loaded question." Jaina stopped to think as she turned her stick of rabbit in her hands. "My world is nothing like this. Growing up, I lived in a city of dust, where everyone had to work relentlessly to survive. I've only ever seen this much green in my life when..." Jaina smiled and dropped her head, "...when Johnny showed up. Guy crash-lands in my town and swoops me off on an adventure to find a legendary sword. We end up using it to save the world!" Jaina sighs, thinking back on the adventures she's had with Johnny, "I wonder if I'll ever see him again." Jaina's attention turns back to Janus, sending his question back at him before taking a bite of rabbit, "Anyways, that's my world for you. What about yours?"

"There are no creatures like this from my world," Variuer said as he raised his hand towards the creatures. A beam of energy emitted from his palm, going directly through several of the small black creatures, dissipating them into black smoke.

"Whatever they are, they are no match for us," Variuer continued, putting his hand on another street light. The red electricity gathered into his hand again, but this time, Variuer called his greatsword to him.

Better to not waste energy fighting such minuscule threats, when the sword would handle them just as easily.

~Bartz, Narshe~

"Gotcha! I'll follow your lead!" Bartz replied, following close behind Neku as he walked off to find the kids. Bartz looked around as they walked and pondered to himself.

He quickly voiced his thoughts, "Hey, is this town anything like where you came from?"

~Materia, Materia's Tower~

The goddess overlooked the landscape to the south of her tower. An airship had emerged from the landscape, a sight that she did not expect to see. Perhaps her warriors had begun to move about the land, their fight against the Fiends made from their memories causing the land to blossom with life.

Or perhaps it was the minions of Spiritus, moving in closer.

She had failed to directly call her warriors to herself when she summoned them, but perhaps Spiritus could have...

She closed her eyes and reach her mind out to the castle to the south, where she felt the power of one of her powerful warriors.

"Luna...come to me with your allies. There is much to be done."

~Spiritus, Spiritus' Tower~

The god sat alone in his tower, meditating.

He could feel his warriors roaming about, but did not wish to call them to him yet.

Yet he felt one approach him.

"My lord," the man in armor knelt down before the god on the throne. "You should have called for me."

The god did not budge from his chair, "I have no need of you at this moment. Begone."

The man in armor looked up, but stayed on his knees out of respect, "This is not the first war I have fought for the gods. You may be a different master, but I still serve the one who summoned me."

The god looked down on the man, "Then you know why I called you and my other warriors here."

"It is not the same reason as when Chaos brought me here. The land aches for life but is barren. The conflict you seek, is it not the key to restoring the land?"

"Indeed," the god said, stepping up out of his throne. "If you seek that purpose, then go and seek battle with the warriors of the goddess. Carve your path so that the world may be returned to its true form."

The man's head stooped again in respect, "I shall do as you command, my lord."

The god raised a sword over the shoulders of the man in armor, "Rise, Garland. Go and fight, so that I, Spiritus, may lay my claim to this land."

(I'll do a post for Johnny after Shard posts for Hope)

[Marle, Cornelia Castle]

Marle looked around while walking through the hall.  There still didn't appear to be anyone else in this castle so far.  She wonders if there was anyone here in the first place.  She turns around upon hearing Vivi and walks toward Luna.  "Is something wrong?"  Marle asked with a little concern.  She placed both hands on her hips and added,  "I'm wondering about that too.  There should've been someone here during the time I was gone.  It's possible for other people to show up, but I don't know."

--Janus -- North of Ultimecia's Tower--

The mage wolfed down his portion of rabbit while Jaina spoke, wiping the grease from his mouth with the back of his hand.  "It seems that this Johnny individual means a great deal to you," he said, voice somber.  "I am sure that he is concerned for your well-being.  I wonder if he is out searching for you as we speak."

At Jaina's question the youth leaned back to lie in the grass, folding his hands behind his head as he gazed up at the canopy of trees and the darkening sky. "My home world . . . .  It is a little difficult to explain.  The world that I grew up in was covered in ice, being locked in everlasting winter throughout the land.  My home was upon a continent in the sky, with waterfalls and greenery everywhere.  It was beautiful."  A sigh escaped his lips as he thought back to his home.  Home.  Schala.  How he missed them dearly.  Janus turned his face away from Jaina to conceal his tears.  He didn't elaborate on the fact that he hadn't arrived here from his home, nor that he hadn't seen his home in well over a year.

(Since Vivi is interacting with Luna I am not sure how to proceed without Twilight Roxas)

On 12/5/2018 at 1:51 PM, Axtwyt said:

Jaina handed Janus one of the sticks with rabbit meat on it, laughing a bit at the boy's question, "Ha, that's a loaded question." Jaina stopped to think as she turned her stick of rabbit in her hands. "My world is nothing like this. Growing up, I lived in a city of dust, where everyone had to work relentlessly to survive. I've only ever seen this much green in my life when..." Jaina smiled and dropped her head, "...when Johnny showed up. Guy crash-lands in my town and swoops me off on an adventure to find a legendary sword. We end up using it to save the world!" Jaina sighs, thinking back on the adventures she's had with Johnny, "I wonder if I'll ever see him again." Jaina's attention turns back to Janus, sending his question back at him before taking a bite of rabbit, "Anyways, that's my world for you. What about yours?"

"There are no creatures like this from my world," Variuer said as he raised his hand towards the creatures. A beam of energy emitted from his palm, going directly through several of the small black creatures, dissipating them into black smoke.

"Whatever they are, they are no match for us," Variuer continued, putting his hand on another street light. The red electricity gathered into his hand again, but this time, Variuer called his greatsword to him.

Better to not waste energy fighting such minuscule threats, when the sword would handle them just as easily.

~Bartz, Narshe~

"Gotcha! I'll follow your lead!" Bartz replied, following close behind Neku as he walked off to find the kids. Bartz looked around as they walked and pondered to himself.

He quickly voiced his thoughts, "Hey, is this town anything like where you came from?"

~Materia, Materia's Tower~

The goddess overlooked the landscape to the south of her tower. An airship had emerged from the landscape, a sight that she did not expect to see. Perhaps her warriors had begun to move about the land, their fight against the Fiends made from their memories causing the land to blossom with life.

Or perhaps it was the minions of Spiritus, moving in closer.

She had failed to directly call her warriors to herself when she summoned them, but perhaps Spiritus could have...

She closed her eyes and reach her mind out to the castle to the south, where she felt the power of one of her powerful warriors.

"Luna...come to me with your allies. There is much to be done."

~Spiritus, Spiritus' Tower~

The god sat alone in his tower, meditating.

He could feel his warriors roaming about, but did not wish to call them to him yet.

Yet he felt one approach him.

"My lord," the man in armor knelt down before the god on the throne. "You should have called for me."

The god did not budge from his chair, "I have no need of you at this moment. Begone."

The man in armor looked up, but stayed on his knees out of respect, "This is not the first war I have fought for the gods. You may be a different master, but I still serve the one who summoned me."

The god looked down on the man, "Then you know why I called you and my other warriors here."

"It is not the same reason as when Chaos brought me here. The land aches for life but is barren. The conflict you seek, is it not the key to restoring the land?"

"Indeed," the god said, stepping up out of his throne. "If you seek that purpose, then go and seek battle with the warriors of the goddess. Carve your path so that the world may be returned to its true form."

The man's head stooped again in respect, "I shall do as you command, my lord."

The god raised a sword over the shoulders of the man in armor, "Rise, Garland. Go and fight, so that I, Spiritus, may lay my claim to this land."

(I'll do a post for Johnny after Shard posts for Hope)

Neku shook his head no. “Nothing like it. At all.” He still wondered where he actually was being separated from his home city. But that begs the question. He turns to Bartz. “Speaking of which...Where are you from?” He asks. 

~Saber, Crown City of Insomnia~
She cut away at another two, narrowing her eyes so Ardyn knew what they were supposed, one tried to lunge at her but was met by her easily dodging the lunge and slamming her invisible blade down into the creature cleaving it into the ground, creating a small crater on the street in the process, whatever remained of their pack seemed to back off and those that remained were being easily cut down.

Seemed they had learned their lesson.