Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Axtwyt

Dissidia Opera Omnia: Battle Lines

{Ardyn: Crown City of Insomnia}

Ardyn dispatched one more of the monsters as he carefully observed how his two new "friends" fought, for future reference. If necessary. A particularly massive attack from Saber out the monsters on their heels. 

"How strangely intelligent of them." He commented casually, putting the knob of his scythe on the ground and leaning against the weapon. "Either they have more brains than at home, or who ever sent them has some sort of aversion to loss."

Removing his weight from his weapon, he dismissed it and strode forward. 

"Sense anything else, your majesty?" Ardyn asked Saber with a smile.

~Jaina, North of Ultimecia's Tower~

Jaina watched Janus intently as he spoke of his home. A floating continent, what a place to imagine.

But the boy began to weep. He tried to hide it from her, but she could see it. She knew that pain too well.

"You lost everything, huh?" she spoke to Janus. "I know that. Years before I met Johnny, the same thing happened to me." She removed the pistol from her left hip and indicated the ribbon on her arm, "I lost my little sister and my boyfriend to someone who didn't care about anything but herself. This is all I have left of them." She put her arm on his shoulder, squeezing softly, "I can't promise things like that ever get better, but you find your way to cope."

~Variuer, Crown City of Insomnia~

Variuer dismissed his greatsword and looked to his companions.

"It is obvious to me why those creatures fled," Variuer began to speak. "They could feel our power overwhelming them, and they retreated." Variuer then turned back to the direction the creatures came from, "But I feel we waste time by remaining here. They could gather in greater numbers to attempt to overwhelm us, or bring whomever brought them against us."

~Bartz, Narshe~

Bartz gave Neku an awkward laugh, "That's...actually a bit weird to explain. See, where I came from, there was more than one planet. I met this princess who came from the other planet, then this old man and..." Bartz erupted into full laughter, "It's kinda weird to say these kinds of things out loud!" Bartz stifled himself for a moment, "Anyways, I guess what I was trying to say was that this world we're on was nothing like my home. We sure didn't have places like this, with all the snow and the weird buildings."

~Zest, Cornelia Castle~

The young warrior had arrived to the castle not long ago. Having been dispatched from the tower of the goddess, he had gone forward to where she had sensed warriors.

And here he found them, nestled inside a castle from his own memories.

There was Luna, the one the goddess had sent him to find, as well as a black mage and another girl, perhaps warriors of the goddess.

"I should think you should remember this place," he spoke to Luna as he approached. "It is a place I knew once, after the war with Cosmos and Chaos." He looked to the others, "I am the Warrior of Light, but you may call me Zest."

(Still waiting on Shard to post for Hope)

On 11/30/2018 at 7:31 PM, kingdomhearts45 said:

Emeralda looks up at Xing. “I remember...Walking with friends...Fei...Celebrating victory. Then...Light flashed. I faint. Then wake up there. I find you. That all...I remember.” She responds. 

~Xing, Eden~

"ahh i see.. Same thing happened to me too." He replied. "From what i remembered is when i was training with my Sister. After she decided to take a nap, i went to get something to eat for us, then i noticed the sun was getting brighter, i covered my eyes and then, some light flashes at me, i felt dizzy as i passed out. And then that's when i woke up in that city and met you."

(I'll post for Zaruka after Shard and Axtwyt posted their characters)

"Cosmos, Chaos they sound so familiar." Luna said as she began to have more visions of a goddess, and a warrior from a sanctuary, and a demonlike god destroying the goddess, and her with the other warriors disappearing that she drop on her knees clutching her head in pain wanting to scream her lungs out. "Why am I seeing these visions of this? Who am I!?" Luna said wanting to scream really bad. "Make the pain stop!!" Luna said as it gets worse.

--Vivi -- Cornelia –

The black mage knelt alongside Luna as she cried out, confusion written all over his expressionless face.  He rested a gloved hand on her shoulder.  "Hey, are you alright, Luna?" he questioned.  "Who is this Cosmos . . . and Chaos?  I've never heard of them."

He lifted his head to steal a quick glance at a staircase leading up to a hall above.  "Why don't we find some place for Luna to rest?" He shot the question in the direction of Marle, hoping that the Guardia Princess would know what to do in this particular situation, as Vivi was rather clueless on how to properly console her.

–Janus – North of Ultimecia's Castle–

Janus shuddered at Jaina's touch.  Empathy . . . .  Something that he hadn't felt in so long, and something that he partially didn't know how to respond to.  Was it dangerous to allow her in like this?  Should he so willingly trust her?  He bit his lip and nodded, gaze falling to the fireside.  "I am very sorry," he said hoarsely.  "It is terrible that humans have to be so selfish.  I . . . hope that you find Johnny again. It sounds that you both need each other."

The blue=haired mage shivered, though not from the cold.  He hated to think of where he would return to when this was all over.  The Mystics?  He preferred not.  Chances were that he would be alone.  Again.  At least he was growing partially used to it.

Their meal of rabbit was devoured all too quickly, and, though it was considered impolite, Janus licked the remains of the rabbit grease off his fingers, not wanting any of the scarce meal to go to waste.  HIs gaze shifted toward the sky.

"Would you like to rest, or continue on?" he asked his companion.

(I am not sure what time it is, so I don't know if I should suggest that they rest for the night yet or not.)

[Marle, Cornelia Castle]

"So you've been here before?  Then you might-"  Marle stopped upon hearing some clang and sees a man in a suit of armor approaching.  She thought of reaching for her bow, but decided against it as he appeared to be friendly.  "Cosmos?  Chaos?  Are they the ones who brought us to this world?"  Male asked Zest. 

Before she could ask more Luna fell to her knees in pain.  "Luna!" Marle shouted as she knelt on the other side.  The Guardia princess nodded in agreement and answered:  "Yeah, let's do that."  She does her best to help Luna up as carefully as possible.  Marle quickly turns to the Warrior of Light and asks:  "Zest, since you know this place more than us, can you please take us to the nearest chamber with a bed?  Luna really needs one!"

(I'm waiting on shard too before posting for Chrono.)

~Johnny and Hope, Besaid Island~

"Well," Hope thought to moments ago, when he had just been falling. "I was on an airship with my friends. We were going through a portal, when I was surrounded by a bright light. Then I just started falling and...well, you see where that got us."

Johnny couldn't help but chuckle a bit, "Guess out of the three of us, you're the only one who knew when you got here." Johnny turned his attention to Zaruka, "If your friends ended up here, we'll probably find them. If they're not here, then you've got bigger things to worry about." Johnny turned back to the boy, "Anyway, I guess you've gathered who we are. I'm Johnny, she's Zaruka. You are...?"

Hope quickly introduced himself, "Hope! My name's Hope!"

Johnny extended his hand to the boy, "Glad to meet you, Hope." Hope took Johnny's hand and shook it.

Jaina nodded to Janus, "I hope I find him too. Don't know who's more lost without the other, me or him..." She shook her head and put some thought to Janus' question. "See, I'm not totally sure what's going on here." She pointed behind Janus, "I've been watching that sunset, and it hasn't moved at all. If I knew night was falling, I'd say we rest."

Following Janus' lead, Jaina scarfed down the rest of the rabbit meat on her stick and stood up, "But if the sun's not going down, we'd better move and find someone else here."

~Zidane, Prima Vista/Lunar Subterrane~

Zidane gave Jessica a cheeky smile after she gave her comment, "Heh, it definitely shows, doesn't it?" He then went over to Chrono, "Nice landing! If you were with us back home, I'd definitely have to get you on the crew!" The young thief looked out the window and gazed upon the landscape, "Whoa, this is weird! I've never seen anything like this before!" Now that the ship had landed, Zidane saw that the Prima Vista had landed in some sort of crater. More than that, over the horizon was a round shape, almost like a globe or something.

"Are...are we on the moon?" Zidane said, confused. "What's going on? First at Alexandria, then the Prima Vista, now the moon?"

~Zest, Cornelia Castle~

Zest went to Luna, to help support her and walk her forward.

"Princess Sarah's chambers are not far from here," he said to the mage and the princess. "Luna can rest there. While she rests, I will explain to you two what has happened to this world before you arrived, and about Cosmos and Chaos."

Zest lead them down the hall and into a room, where he set Luna down on the bed. He then turned his attention to the other two, "Before I start, what are your names?"

{Ardyn: Crown City of Insomnia} 

"Hence my comment of more brains." Ardyn replied with a smile. "In my experience, the intelligence to recognize when one is out matched is exceedingly rare. And don't be in too much of a hurry. We are playing someone else's game. Whether we go slow or fast, they can likely mob us at anytime. Moving along the board faster will likely only make us out of breath."

[Chrono, Prima Vista/Lunar Subterrane]

Chrono rubbed the back of his head at the mention of such an offer.  But he had a confused look on his face when Zidane mentioned the moon. Chrono looks out another window to see what's out there.  His eyes opened wide on the site.  The landscape, if you can really call it that, was unlike anything Chrono has seen.  He could even see Earth in the distance.  At least Chrono assumes that it's Earth.

"Amazing!  Did we travel through space?  I didn't know this ship could do that.  I didn't even think it was possible."  He mentioned out loud.  But Chrono remembered something not too long ago.  "Unless, someone else has been to the moon and this place is also based on that person's memory of it."

[Marle, Cornelia Castle]

"Sounds good.  Let's go."  Marle agreed and followed Zests' lead.  After Luna was placed on the bed Marle took a moment to breath.  She looked toward Zest and said:  "Oh right.  Call me Marle.  Nice to meet you Zest."

–Vivi – Cornelia Castle–

"Princess Sarah?" Vivi repeated, tilting his head.  He had not heard of her before, though this was of no surprise to the black mage.  Everything here was foreign, though it did surprise him that this man was so ready to place Luna–a foreigner–in the chambers of the princess who possessed these premises.  "Is she no longer here?  What is going on?"

Thankfully Zest seemed to hold some answers, which did hold a fair amount of promise to the black mage.  Once Luna was settled and he asked his questions, Vivi was ready to pipe up with a response.  "My name is Vivi.  I originally herald from Alexandria, a kingdom far from here.  Do you belong to this castle?"  Do you know why we're here? he wanted to ask, but instead he decided to patiently hold his tongue and listen to what Zest had to offer them.

–Janus Zeal – North of Ultimecia's Castle –

Every joint and bone in the youth's body protested in venturing down their path as fatigue wore in, yet he did not voice a single complaint. Instead he nodded complacently when Jaina suggested to continue plowing forth, shifting the pack on his back as he continued on ahead.  He shot a quick glance over his shoulder to the sun, which should indeed have been setting but was not.  It was curious, especially seeing as he had not noticed it until Jaina pointed it out.

"It is almost as if time has ceased to move out here," Janus whispered hesitantly.

They trudged on for a considerable length of time, the blue-haired youth eventually growing weary and stumbling over a tree's overgrown roots.  He quickly got up, brushed his knees, and glanced over toward Jaina sheepish.  "Do you think we're even getting anywhere?  I feel like we have been walking for so long, and everything just looks the same to me."

He did not realize that the trees were slowly thinning, revealing a rather different terrain up ahead of the duo.

On 12/16/2018 at 11:48 PM, Axtwyt said:

~Johnny and Hope, Besaid Island~

"Well," Hope thought to moments ago, when he had just been falling. "I was on an airship with my friends. We were going through a portal, when I was surrounded by a bright light. Then I just started falling and...well, you see where that got us."

Johnny couldn't help but chuckle a bit, "Guess out of the three of us, you're the only one who knew when you got here." Johnny turned his attention to Zaruka, "If your friends ended up here, we'll probably find them. If they're not here, then you've got bigger things to worry about." Johnny turned back to the boy, "Anyway, I guess you've gathered who we are. I'm Johnny, she's Zaruka. You are...?"

Hope quickly introduced himself, "Hope! My name's Hope!"

Johnny extended his hand to the boy, "Glad to meet you, Hope." Hope took Johnny's hand and shook it.

Jaina nodded to Janus, "I hope I find him too. Don't know who's more lost without the other, me or him..." She shook her head and put some thought to Janus' question. "See, I'm not totally sure what's going on here." She pointed behind Janus, "I've been watching that sunset, and it hasn't moved at all. If I knew night was falling, I'd say we rest."

Following Janus' lead, Jaina scarfed down the rest of the rabbit meat on her stick and stood up, "But if the sun's not going down, we'd better move and find someone else here."

Zidane gave Jessica a cheeky smile after she gave her comment, "Heh, it definitely shows, doesn't it?" He then went over to Chrono, "Nice landing! If you were with us back home, I'd definitely have to get you on the crew!" The young thief looked out the window and gazed upon the landscape, "Whoa, this is weird! I've never seen anything like this before!" Now that the ship had landed, Zidane saw that the Prima Vista had landed in some sort of crater. More than that, over the horizon was a round shape, almost like a globe or something.

"Are...are we on the moon?" Zidane said, confused. "What's going on? First at Alexandria, then the Prima Vista, now the moon?"

~Zest, Cornelia Castle~

Zest went to Luna, to help support her and walk her forward.

"Princess Sarah's chambers are not far from here," he said to the mage and the princess. "Luna can rest there. While she rests, I will explain to you two what has happened to this world before you arrived, and about Cosmos and Chaos."

Zest lead them down the hall and into a room, where he set Luna down on the bed. He then turned his attention to the other two, "Before I start, what are your names?"

~Zaruka, Besaid Island~

"Huh, i guess so." She said. Zaruka smiles after Johnny and Hope finished introducing themselves. "It's nice to meet you, Hope." She then looks at the trees and then the sky, it looks so different then her home where everything was gone and destroyed. She rather not think about it right now as she pay attention of the others.

Edited by Yessie Maltese

~Johnny and Hope, Besaid Island~

Hope smiled at Zaruka, "It's good to meet you too!" He then turned his attention to Johnny, "What were you two doing before I showed up?"

Johnny pointed towards the mountain pass, "We were heading that way. I investigated it earlier, and I found out that this beach we're on is a strange illusion."

"An illusion?" Hope asked, shocked at the possibility.

Johnny nodded, "Right. Down that way is a totally different landscape. If anyone else is here, they're out there." Johnny's attention turned to Zaruka, "Hey, what's going on? You blanked out for a second there."

Like Johnny could talk about blanking out. His thoughts still raced on seeing Variuer here again.

Jaina smirked at the young boy, "First thing to learn about being a scavenger: keep careful watch of your surroundings. We're making progress, don't worry." She did notice the fatigue setting in with Janus, and she felt the pity resting on her shoulders. She spoke up, "You doing okay, kid? I can carry you for a bit if you need to rest your legs."

~Zest, Cornelia Castle~

Zest nodded to both Vivi and Marle, "Marle and Vivi. It is good to meet you two." Zest turned his attention to the young mage, "This world is built of constructs made from memories of those summoned by the gods. The princess who called this place home seem to be here, but I know this place. I started a great adventure here, where I was called by the king to rescue Princess Sarah from a man called Garland." Zest shook his head, "Forgive me, I must explain the scenario you two have found yourself in, starting with Cosmos and Chaos."

"Once, a great war raged upon this land between the goddess of harmony and the god of chaos. Each summoned warriors of various worlds to do battle for control over the land. I was once a warrior of Cosmos, and Luna and I were there to stop that war forever. Cosmos was felled by Chaos, but she granted her warriors her power to continue in the world without her. We stopped Chaos and returned to our own worlds.

Now a new goddess and a new god reign over this land. I was summoned by Materia, the goddess, as was Luna. The other god is called Spiritus, and he fights Materia for control like Chaos before him. Materia seeks to rebuild this world, by calling warriors here to battle the monsters from our memories to breath new life into the world."

Zest stood up and walked towards the window, looking out towards the tower, "I understand this is a lot to take in, especially for both of you."

(I'll do Variuer, Zidane and Bartz after KeyofRose and kingdomhearts45 post.)

Edited by Axtwyt

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, Axtwyt said:

Jaina watched Janus intently as he spoke of his home. A floating continent, what a place to imagine.

But the boy began to weep. He tried to hide it from her, but she could see it. She knew that pain too well.

"You lost everything, huh?" she spoke to Janus. "I know that. Years before I met Johnny, the same thing happened to me." She removed the pistol from her left hip and indicated the ribbon on her arm, "I lost my little sister and my boyfriend to someone who didn't care about anything but herself. This is all I have left of them." She put her arm on his shoulder, squeezing softly, "I can't promise things like that ever get better, but you find your way to cope."

~Variuer, Crown City of Insomnia~

Variuer dismissed his greatsword and looked to his companions.

"It is obvious to me why those creatures fled," Variuer began to speak. "They could feel our power overwhelming them, and they retreated." Variuer then turned back to the direction the creatures came from, "But I feel we waste time by remaining here. They could gather in greater numbers to attempt to overwhelm us, or bring whomever brought them against us."

~Bartz, Narshe~

Bartz gave Neku an awkward laugh, "That's...actually a bit weird to explain. See, where I came from, there was more than one planet. I met this princess who came from the other planet, then this old man and..." Bartz erupted into full laughter, "It's kinda weird to say these kinds of things out loud!" Bartz stifled himself for a moment, "Anyways, I guess what I was trying to say was that this world we're on was nothing like my home. We sure didn't have places like this, with all the snow and the weird buildings."

~Zest, Cornelia Castle~

The young warrior had arrived to the castle not long ago. Having been dispatched from the tower of the goddess, he had gone forward to where she had sensed warriors.

And here he found them, nestled inside a castle from his own memories.

There was Luna, the one the goddess had sent him to find, as well as a black mage and another girl, perhaps warriors of the goddess.

"I should think you should remember this place," he spoke to Luna as he approached. "It is a place I knew once, after the war with Cosmos and Chaos." He looked to the others, "I am the Warrior of Light, but you may call me Zest."

(Still waiting on Shard to post for Hope)

(I apologize for the long wait!)

~Neku Sakuraba: Narshe~

Neku looks at Bartz with the weirdest, confused look he could give him. Did he just say...Planet? He blinks twice at him and looks up, then back down at Bartz. "You're from another planet? Are you an alien or something? Or...Are you just high?" He asks.

~Jessica: Lunar Subterre~

Jessica had got off the airship before looking up and seeing that globe-shaped object in the sky. "Wow...What a beauty!" She said. She had then overheard on the comments Zidane and Chrono were making. "P-P-P....Planet? Space? THE MOON!?" She looks down at the surface she's on. The realization had just struck. "We're....WE'RE ON THE MOON!? THE BLOODY MOON!?! Th-This...This is insane!!" She exclaims out loud.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:56 PM, Yessie Maltese said:

~Xing, Eden~

"ahh i see.. Same thing happened to me too." He replied. "From what i remembered is when i was training with my Sister. After she decided to take a nap, i went to get something to eat for us, then i noticed the sun was getting brighter, i covered my eyes and then, some light flashes at me, i felt dizzy as i passed out. And then that's when i woke up in that city and met you."

(I'll post for Zaruka after Shard and Axtwyt posted their characters)

~Emeralda: Eden~

Emerlada nods. "We should keep going. Answers ahead. Maybe."

[Marle, Cornelia Castle]

Marle quickly took a seat on the floor.  Fighting between gods/goddesses and the people they picked for control of the world.  This was a bit too much for the Guardia princess to take in.  "Wow.  I thought time-travel and Lavos was a lot to handle.  But gods and goddesses are something else."

(Sorry for not posting something sooner.  I was in San Diego spending time with my brother for a week and a half.  But I got sick beforehand and didn't feel like doing much of anything.)

Zidane looked down to Jessica, "You can say that again!" Zidane then turned his attention to Chrono, "Seems like it to me! The Prima Vista wouldn't be able to travel to space on my world anyway! So someone else here must've gone to the moon!" Zidane's attention then turns to Jessica, and the thief jumps from his place on the ship down to her level, "And it seems like we're able to breath and move around normally." Something in the distance caught his eyes, though, and Zidane began to focus on it, "Hey, look at that star right there." Zidane pointed out a peculiar star that seemed to shimmer, unlike the other stars in the sky. "Something's definitely up. Just like in Alexandria and the Prima Vista."

~Bartz, Narshe~

Bartz tilted his head to the side, confused by Neku's words, "High? What do you mean? We're standing at pretty much the same place, I'm not higher than you at all." Bartz shook his head, "Anyway, I don't think I'm an alien. I mean, I could be, but I've always thought that I was human! So did most everyone who I partnered with!"

On 12/28/2018 at 11:02 PM, kingdomhearts45 said:

~Emeralda: Eden~

Emerlada nods. "We should keep going. Answers ahead. Maybe."

~Xing, Eden~

"Yeah. I was thinking the same thing."  He said. As he continues walking, Xing sees a strange person in gray jumpsuit, acting rather really odd as they appeared to be dancing. Xing was relief as they finally found someone, or so he thought. "Hey, Emeralda. I think we found someone. Maybe he can help us. Hey excuse me, mister! Do you know where we-?" Before Xing gets any closer, the odd newcomer goes after them slowly. The young man then noticed something's not right about the newcomer.

On 12/27/2018 at 11:10 PM, Axtwyt said:

Hope smiled at Zaruka, "It's good to meet you too!" He then turned his attention to Johnny, "What were you two doing before I showed up?"

Johnny pointed towards the mountain pass, "We were heading that way. I investigated it earlier, and I found out that this beach we're on is a strange illusion."

"An illusion?" Hope asked, shocked at the possibility.

Johnny nodded, "Right. Down that way is a totally different landscape. If anyone else is here, they're out there." Johnny's attention turned to Zaruka, "Hey, what's going on? You blanked out for a second there."

Like Johnny could talk about blanking out. His thoughts still raced on seeing Variuer here again.

~Zaruka, Besaid Island~

The young girl shook her head as she look at him. "oh umm, it's nothing really. Don't worry about it." She replied. 

–Janus Zeal–

There was no way that he was going to let the kind woman carry him.  He would rather walk on needles than have to suffer that kind of humiliation.  "I can walk," he retorted, perhaps a little too sharply.

The trees had been thinning for a while, though now a rocky terrain loomed into view.  Cliffs at least fifty feet high towered over the two, seeming quite steep at first glance.  Janus was not even certain if anyone could climb them if they wanted to.  He turned to glance over at Jaina.

"Well, what do we do?  I could try to fly over them," he said.  "Or we could go around."

He was curious about what was on the other side, though said curiosity was also mixed with apprehension.  Thankfully they had yet to meet an adversary that they had to draw their blades against, though he did wonder if that time would soon come up on those cliffs.

–Vivi–

It indeed was a lot for the black mage to take in.  He brought a gloved hand to his chin, considering the tale that Zest unfolded.

"So you are saying that we have been summoned," Vivi surmised.  "To fight and win another war?"  This didn't sound all too pleasing to him. Did they have no say in the matter?  He was not much of a fan of conflict, and now he found himself being thrust into it with no way home.  At least, however, he knew what he was doing here, and had a sense of direction.  The mage smoothed his hands over his balloon patched pants.

"So . . . when do we meet Materia?"  An innocent question, with likely a very complex response.

[Chrono, Prima Vista/Lunar Subterrane]

"Well, whether it's memories or the real thing, it's incredible someone was able to reach the moon.  Makes you wonder who else can do that."  Chrono added.  He then thinks on his friend Lucca and wonders if she can travel to the moon.  Chrono knows she loves tinkering with machines so she could probably make something that can let her attempt it.  It's just a matter of if Lucca wants to.  Chrono hears Zidane mention a star and turns to where he pointed.  "Yeah.  That star has a strange glow to it.  A lot different from the others.  You think we should check it out?"

Johnny nods to Zaruka, "Alright then, let's be off." With that, he started walking towards the mountain pass, and Hope followed closely behind him.

Jaina looked up at the cliff face and smiled, "We can scale it. You can fly up there, I'll climb." With that, Jaina began finding her footholds and handholds and began to climb up the surface. Things like this, she could manage.

~Zest, Cornelia Castle~

Zest looked to Vivi, "As soon as Luna is rested, I will take you to see Materia." Zest's attention then turned to Marle, "Yes, I admit this is all a bit much to take in for someone so new to this conflict."

Zidane looked to Chrono, "Yeah, we'd better check it out. This world is weird enough as is."

(Sorry for taking so long to reply, everyone!)