Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

Coverage: Share The Magic Kingdom Hearts III panel with Shinji Hashimoto at Lucca Comics & Games 2018

Kingdom Hearts III is making an appearance at Lucca Comics & Games, the biggest comics festival in Europe! To promote the upcoming game, Shinji Hashimoto will be present at the event at the Share the Magic panel on Saturday November 3, at 5.30 PM CET (12.30 PM EST) at the auditorium in Chiesa di San Francesco. The doors will open at 5.00 PM CET. The panel will last 1 hour 30 minutes, with a signing session will follow. Entry will only be allowed to those holding special tickets, which, in limited quantity, will be distributed at the ticket office at the Teatro del Giglio from Saturday morning. It will only be available to those who have already purchased tickets and collected their wristbands for the event.

KH13 News Team Associate Editor Yoshirai will be reporting for us at this Kingdom Hearts III panel!

Contrary to earlier reports, this panel will NOT be streamed live.

Keep an eye on this article to follow our coverage of the panel, and follow our Twitter for live updates!

For those interested in cosplay, there will also be a Kingdom Comes: Final Fantasy e Kingdom Hearts Cosplay Contest on Saturday November 3 at the Chiesa di San Franceso at 12.30 PM CET!

Follow all our channels for Kingdom Hearts III news and discussions:

Twitter     |     Facebook     |     Tumblr     |     Discord     |     Youtube

Kingdom Hearts III Lucca Comics and Games 2018 Tangled Trailer [ENG]
<3<3<3

Kingdom Hearts III Lucca Comics and Games 2018 Tangled Trailer [JPN]
<3<3<3

Updates
<3<3<3

Pre-event

August 20, 2018 [12:27 PM CET]: Kingdom Hearts III demo announced to be playable at Lucca Comics & Games 2018!
Oct 12, 2018 [10:01 AM CET]: Shinji Hashimoto to be present at a special Kingdom Hearts III panel at Lucca Comics & Games 2018 on November 3!
Oct 30, 2018 [9:43 AM CET]: Giant Kingdom Key statue has been erected at Piazza San Michele!
Oct 30, 2018 [1:24 PM CET]: See gallery below for even more pictures of the giant Kingdom Key!

Day 1: Wednesday October 31, 2018

[11:36 AM CET] Free seasalt ice cream, since 2005! Perfect for your summer vacations. Collect yours from the #KingdomHeartsIII cart! [While stocks last]
[12:00 PM CET] Attendees can enter the Kingdom with a special Kingdom Hearts III passport and visit gorgeous worlds [backdrops] such as The Caribbean and San Fransokyo! There's even a Baymax cutout! The KH3 decor looks lovely at Villa Bottini.
[1:26 PM CET] Visitors enter the Kingdom Hearts III "building"! Seasalt icecream has also been spotted! There are different areas for the worlds of The Caribbean, Toy Box & San Fransokyo. Demo playtime seems to be restricted to 10-15 minutes per person.
[2:13 PM CET] While waiting in line to play the demo, fans are given sea salt ice cream! (Tastes of vanilla...)
[8:26 PM CET] Lucca CG 2018 has by far the best photo ops for Kingdom Hearts III! What do you guys think?
[9:28 PM CET] The Kingdom Hearts III worlds' decorations inside Villa Bottini are absolutely stunning! There is a sled with 'snow' and 'ice' in Arendelle, and chests, wooden floorboards and 'shrouds' at The Caribbean!

Day 2: Thursday, November 1, 2018

[12:13 PM CET] Tubbo Nubbo have published a video showing and discussing the Kingdom Hearts III getup at Lucca CG 2018! They showed off what's inside their passport (which includes world pages that were stamped as they visited each world-themed room in Villa Bottini). Visitors also received a pin. You can watch their field footage below! (At around 12:41, you can even see Sora hurling Goofy down the cliff...)
[12:22 PM CET] "You're about to start an exciting journey through some of the fantastic worlds of Kingdom Hearts III. Enter to discover all the available activities, including the opportunities to take pictures, try the demo, and collect stamps to fill your passport!"
[12:46 PM] A close-up picture of The Caribbean room decorations!

Day 3: Friday, November 2, 2018

[1:34 PM CET] Pictures of all the pages of the Kingdom Hearts III passport can now be seen in our gallery (and in this thread)!
[1:43 PM CET] Some lovely angles of the Villa Bottini entrance and The Caribbean room!
[1:45 PM CET] Each room of the Villa Bottini features the battle theme of a specific Kingdom Hearts III world!
[3:38 PM CET] Our Associate Editor Yoshirai has now appeared at Lucca CG 2018! Spotted some sweet Kingdom Hearts III promo at the station!

Day 4: Saturday November 3, 2018

[5:30 PM CET] Kingdom Hearts III Share the Magic panel with series producer Shinji Hashimoto will begin!
[5:50PM CET] Kingdom Hearts III Share the Magic panel has begun!
[5:51PM CET] Photos are allowed, but no video recording.
[5:52PM CETSunil Godhania has taken the stage! He thanks all the fans who are gathered for the occasion.
[5:53PM CET] The panel will be in English, and will discuss new gameplay aspects!
[5:55PM CET] Square Enix is currently summarising the series' lore whilst showing slides! One of the key themes for Kingdom Hearts III is 'resolution'.
[5:57PM CET] They are currently showing a video about Keyblade transformations!
[6:02PM CET] The panel showed about 10 seconds of new Baymax gameplay, and are now discussing the Link system!
[6:04PM CET] New Gummi Ship gameplay has been shown, with both freeroam and on-rails sections!
[6:05PM CET] Various mini-games are being showcased, including Ratatouille cooking and Goofy snowboarding!
[6:05PM CET] Hashimoto is on stage!
[6:07PM CET] Hashimoto says he is very grateful for his years with the KH series! He is also giving details about the elevator meeting that started it all!
[6:10PM CET] Apparently, Miss Yamamoto from Disney pitched the idea of a collaboration to Hashimoto first, asking if he was from Square Enix! Disney was very interested in Square Enix as a company back then!
[6:12PM CET] Q&A is starting! The staff on the panel have apparently selected several community questions!
[6:14PM CET] "To be honest, I can't say too much about this before the release, but we are considering DLCs, and those will eventually be revealed."
[6:15PM CET] Hashimoto says that Big Hero 6 is his favorite world! Developing new worlds was difficult, considering new assets and elements.
[6:17PM CET] "16 years ago, the game was released. I wasn't expecting such a success!"
[6:18PM CET] "This is hard to answer. Everyone is different, but there is a lot of drama. You guys will be very fulfilled!"
[6:22PM CET] "Making a new game is a lot of work. When it's the first game of the series, you're not really sure if it is going to be a success. I was really happy it sold out!"
[6:25PM CET] Hashimoto has one last message, thanking fans for coming to the panel. It's not long until the game's release, so be sure not to miss out!
[6:27PM CET] A special video is being shown for the first time!
[6:29PM CET] The trailer is showing more Kingdom of Corona footage, with English voice acting!
[6:30PM CET] The panel has officially ended. A full report from us will be coming soon! 

On the field footage of Lucca CG 2018
<3<3<3

Gallery
<3<3<3

View full article

Fun fact: Nov. 3rd happens to be Culture Day in Japan which celebrates the arts, academics, and culture in general through things such as parades, art exhibitions, and award ceremonies held for highly respected scholars and artists. 

Also, can't wait to see what Mr. Hashimoto has for us! Here's hoping he has a new trailer for us or at least some sort of new information. It's going to be a long panel too so I'm betting we'll get something! :)

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

1 minute ago, Green Sparrow said:

I want to believe, but... I've just been hurt too many times...
Image result for aurora crying

Oh come on Sparrow... the timing, the panel, everything seems to point towards it, also remember that what Neverland told us, as Sora said:

"If you believe, you can do anything right?" So don't stop believing. If nothing comes then there's always comfort in knowing the game it's almost here. No need to mope. :D

5 hours ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Oh come on Sparrow... the timing, the panel, everything seems to point towards it, also remember that what Neverland told us, as Sora said:

"If you believe, you can do anything right?" So don't stop believing. If nothing comes then there's always comfort in knowing the game it's almost here. No need to mope. :D

Exactly! With all the screenshots of Olympus we've been getting lately along with the new gif, the drawing of some of KH 3 enemies, the huge keyblade, and the fact the panel is 1 hour and 30 minutes long, it's perfectly fine to be at least a little optimistic that something big is going to be there.

Keep ya chin up! KH 3 has ESRB rating now which means there's a complete copy of the game. We can now confidently say that KH 3 is real! 

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

1 hour ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Exactly! With all the screenshots of Olympus we've been getting lately along with the new gif, the drawing of some of KH 3 enemies, the huge keyblade, and the fact the panel is 1 hour and 30 minutes long, it's perfectly fine to be at least a little optimistic that something big is going to be there.

Keep ya chin up! KH 3 has ESRB rating now which means there's a complete copy of the game. We can now confidently say that KH 3 is real! 

I'd be worried if it wasn't complete by now... That would not be a good sign. Polishing up the last bits and pieces is a different matter but if the game itself isn't complete 3 months prior to release, I could only imagine that it would be delayed or be released in an unfinished state (which would be worse than a delay imo).

I'm carefully optimistic about Saturday. Since nothing has been announced, I won't be disappointed if we end up with little or no news but I do find it strange that they seemingly put a quite a bit more effort into this event than, let's say, PGW. TGS is one thing since it's Japan, but all that for just a panel with a few tidbits and lots of "we can't answer that yet" sounds strange.

Then again, the event doesn't have much of a history with news appearing, which is why I'm careful with being too excited. I guess I will also be happy if we get to hear a few things about the development process, etc. Despite ultimately wanting the game of course, I also enjoy reading/hearing about behind the scenes work.

I Want to see the news information and another new trailer for "Kingdom Hearts 3" is Tomorrow and reveal the old and new worlds, like Olympus and reveal the old and new characters, like Kairi and even, the Three Caballeros (Donald, Panchito and Jose)!

Because this Sunday, the 100th anniversary celebration of Daylight Savings Time has come to an end at 2:00 a.m. and all clock must be fall backwards to regain the hour of sleep, during the Fall and Winter months!

But wait! There's more! As during the events of "Dream Drop Distance", Here's how it looks at the characters of "Kingdom Hearts 3" about 7 Lights and 13 Darknesses:

*The Legendary Keyblade Wielders (as the 7 Guardians of Light): Sora, Master Riku, King Mickey, Master Aqua, Ventus (as the true name of Roxas), Lea and Kairi.

*The Real Organization XIII (as the 13 Seeker of Darkness): Master Xehanort (as his future self), Lord Xemnas, which is Terranort's Nobodies, Lord Ansem, which is Terranort's Heartless, Isa (as the true name of Saïx), Braig (as the true name of Xigbar), Arlene (as the true name of Larxene), Durol (as the true name of Luxord), Even (as the true name of Vexen), Medy (as the true name of Demyx), Lauriam (as the true name of Marluxia), Young Xehanort (as his past self), Vanitas and Repliku!

You see? This is exactly what happens the story of the Kingdom Hearts saga from the very beginning!

Is that Correct?

Edited by Javier.velasquez002

On 10/31/2018 at 7:46 PM, Merilly said:

I'd be worried if it wasn't complete by now... That would not be a good sign. Polishing up the last bits and pieces is a different matter but if the game itself isn't complete 3 months prior to release, I could only imagine that it would be delayed or be released in an unfinished state (which would be worse than a delay imo).

I'm carefully optimistic about Saturday. Since nothing has been announced, I won't be disappointed if we end up with little or no news but I do find it strange that they seemingly put a quite a bit more effort into this event than, let's say, PGW. TGS is one thing since it's Japan, but all that for just a panel with a few tidbits and lots of "we can't answer that yet" sounds strange.

Then again, the event doesn't have much of a history with news appearing, which is why I'm careful with being too excited. I guess I will also be happy if we get to hear a few things about the development process, etc. Despite ultimately wanting the game of course, I also enjoy reading/hearing about behind the scenes work.

On 10/31/2018 at 6:06 PM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

On 10/31/2018 at 4:14 PM, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

On 10/31/2018 at 4:10 PM, Green Sparrow said:

I want to believe, but... I've just been hurt too many times...
Image result for aurora crying

On 10/31/2018 at 12:12 PM, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Wow, looking at the pictures it does seem KH3 is getting a LOT of attention. I think we're bound to get something by the looks of it.

On 10/31/2018 at 1:29 AM, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Fun fact: Nov. 3rd happens to be Culture Day in Japan which celebrates the arts, academics, and culture in general through things such as parades, art exhibitions, and award ceremonies held for highly respected scholars and artists. 

Also, can't wait to see what Mr. Hashimoto has for us! Here's hoping he has a new trailer for us or at least some sort of new information. It's going to be a long panel too so I'm betting we'll get something! :)

On 10/30/2018 at 11:19 PM, KingdomHearts3 said:

And on my birthday. Thanks Hashimoto for the perfect birthday gift.

On 10/30/2018 at 9:20 PM, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

I can totally feel a trailer and world reveal coming! And Saturday is practically around the corner! So hyped! :D

And now, I can't wait to see the news information and another new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3, tomorrow!

Cause I want to see reveal the old and new worlds, like Olympus!

Is that right?

52 minutes ago, Javier.velasquez002 said:

And now, I can't wait to see the news information and another new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3, tomorrow!

Cause I want to see reveal the old and new worlds, like Olympus!

Is that right?

I would keep my expectations low. Since there's nothing confirmed, it could potentially end up being a panel where we will see nothing or just a few bits here and there.

Which would be fine by me but I already saw people blow a fuse that it won't be streamed and complaining about exclusivity when there is not even any proof there will be something substantial coming out of this that the general public won't be able to access at some point. (Sure, it would be nice to see but since I speak neither Italian nor Japanese, I likely would not understand a thing anyway. At least my guess is that it will be translated into Italian for the audience since the event is in Italy...)

I guess most of us wish for a trailer or a world announcement but hyping things up and then getting disappointed isn't exactly great for anyone. The convention doesn't have such a huge history and while they do seem to put an extraordinary amount of effort into it, it could just be a panel with regular questions and answers (i.e. "What were some of the difficulties during development?" or "How was working with Disney and Pixar?" and so on), sharing some stories and whatever people do at panels. They don't always present something groundbreaking there.

I also appreciate the kinds of presentations where they just share what we normally wouldn't see in the final game.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your Daylight Savings Time comment to be honest... And for Europe, that was already last week. So what exactly did you mean by referring to that?

And Ventus is a separate person from Roxas, not his true name. 

9 hours ago, Merilly said:

I would keep my expectations low. Since there's nothing confirmed, it could potentially end up being a panel where we will see nothing or just a few bits here and there.

Which would be fine by me but I already saw people blow a fuse that it won't be streamed and complaining about exclusivity when there is not even any proof there will be something substantial coming out of this that the general public won't be able to access at some point. (Sure, it would be nice to see but since I speak neither Italian nor Japanese, I likely would not understand a thing anyway. At least my guess is that it will be translated into Italian for the audience since the event is in Italy...)

I guess most of us wish for a trailer or a world announcement but hyping things up and then getting disappointed isn't exactly great for anyone. The convention doesn't have such a huge history and while they do seem to put an extraordinary amount of effort into it, it could just be a panel with regular questions and answers (i.e. "What were some of the difficulties during development?" or "How was working with Disney and Pixar?" and so on), sharing some stories and whatever people do at panels. They don't always present something groundbreaking there.

I also appreciate the kinds of presentations where they just share what we normally wouldn't see in the final game.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your Daylight Savings Time comment to be honest... And for Europe, that was already last week. So what exactly did you mean by referring to that?

This is EXACTLY how I feel! It's nice to see someone with controlled and realistic expectations around the community :)

While it is definitely odd how much effort is being thrown at this seemingly random event, all of the other panels at this event so far have just been what you described, with nothing major dropped. So I don't know why KH3 would be any different. It almost makes me embarrassed to be a KH fan when I see people like EdDaWiz lose their cool because there is no livestream.

I also cannot speak Italian, and I know very little Japanese, so a livestream would have been wasted on me anyway lol

13 hours ago, Merilly said:

I wouldn't listen to this guy. He has a lot of posts like this and he gives off this vibe like he's trying to annoy or troll people by saying nonsensical stuff. Of course, that could just be me.

To be honest I wasn't expecting much from this. Let's not forget that the game is less than 3 months away. This is the last drought we have to get through and then everyone's patience will be rewarded.

Back in 2015 this sort of gameplay news would have been major hype lol.