Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
gepugg

New Kingdom Hearts III Tangled trailer debuted at Lucca Comics and Games 2018

Shinji Hashimoto took the stage AT Lucca Games and Comics 2018 to reveal a brand new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III!

The trailer, which you can see above, gives us a closer look at some of the cinematics in the Kingdom of Corona world of Kingdom Hearts III, as well as finally showing off the English voice acting and some brand new gameplay footage. You can check out the trailer screenshots here!

What do you think of the trailer? Let us know in the comments below! 

View full article

I'm not really dissapointed about the panel. I was hoping we'd get a longer trailer, but this and the trailers we got before TGS are enough to tide me over until Jump Festa. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to make that screenshot of Rapunzel swinging on the tree around Eugene and Sora my new wallpaper, because that scene is both iconic and adorable. 

Edited by ITzDarthLordRevan

Best trailer for the game so far. Because it actually looks finished and isn't missing sound effects. The game still has that "straight to DVD" look to the Disney characters and how they are animated though, where it looks good but you can immediately tell its done by a different company and it obviously shows, IDK, that's always the vibe I have got from the visual style of KH3. 

This is a good trailer because it doesn't rely on fan reactions to characters from the KH saga appearing, this actually looks like a game anyone could play and enjoy now. More please Square Enix! :) 

27 minutes ago, gepugg said:

Shinji Hashimoto took the stage of Lucca Games and Comics 2018 to reveal a brand new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III

The trailer, which you can see above, gives us a closer look at some of the cinematics in the Kingdom of Corona world of Kingdom Hearts III, as well as finally showing off the English voice actors and some brand new gameplay footage. 

What do you think of the trailer? Let us know in the comments below! 

View full article

I am kind of disappointed to tell you the truth.  I like how Marluxia's Scythe wielding goons move.  It's sort of like the Dusks.

I would be lying If said I wasn't disappointed with this. There was nothing in Paris Games Week and all we got in Lucca CG is a Tangled trailer. 

No revelation of the Opening, no revelation of the second playable character, no revelation of FF characters, no revelation of a new World,  no confirmation of the total World count or when we should expect more big news. Just a trailer about one of the first Worlds confirmed years ago and the game is coming in 3 months. 

And that supposed new World that Union X [Cross] would get, will ever come out?!

I guess Jump Festa really is the only major event left that will have some interesting big news.

Edited by Sakuraba Neku

31 minutes ago, Kaweebo said:

The game comes out in less than three months, I don’t understand what there is to get disappointed about in terms of content. 

Because we were hoping for a new Disney world it looks that all the biggest worlds are revealed.

35 minutes ago, Sakuraba Neku said:

I would be lying If said I wasn't disappointed with this. There was nothing in Paris Games Week and all we got in Lucca CG is a Tangled trailer. 

No revelation of the Opening, no revelation of the second playable character, no revelation of FF characters, no revelation of a new World,  no confirmation of the total World count or when we should expect more big news. Just a trailer about one of the first Worlds confirmed years ago and the game is coming in 3 months. 

And that supposed new World that Union X [Cross] would get, will ever come out?!

I guess Jump Festa really is the only major event left that will have some interesting big news.

I can't and won't tell you how to feel about this since those emotions are your own, but I personally did not expect either of the things you mentioned to appear, except perhaps a world reveal, though that would have been a lot.

Personally, I don't consider panels to be that extensive. I've been to a few myself and have seen streams but small panels, like this one apparently was if the selfie is anything to go by, quite often don't provide any grand news. Lucca would have never even been on our radar if they had not announced it.

To be frank, I think we should lower our expectations a notch. KH3 is getting a lot of exposure in comparison to other games which get maybe a trailer or a screenshot every other month. Of course there are also those which get more, but I somehow have the impression that it's hard to even please a part of the community at this point. For some it's not enough information, for others too much and if we do get a trailer even that is not good enough because it doesn't show anything too substantial this time, while others complained that the Aqua fight reveal was too much at TGS.

If Jump Festa is the last event we'll receive a trailer at, then that's fine for me. But there's also the possibility they'll drop a trailer at any moment because it would reach just as many people if it suddenly were to appear on social media. If they wanted to show something. The best example is the TGS trailer, which did not actually debut at TGS but before.

I can understand the desire to know more, especially in regards to KHUx since that one has been neglected really badly in the past year despite the new story update, but its release is not that far away.

On a different note, I sometimes wonder why Youtube seems to mess up colors so much. The lighting looks atrocious at times even though it likely isn't in reality. I'm still concerned about Sora being fairly expreasionless and hope it's just unfortunate editing. I'm missing all those tiny and more extensive movementa of the eyes, mouth, eyebrows, habds and arms. They seem to be lacking in what I've seen so far... This close to release, I'm somehow doubtful they can change too much. (Hopefully those glowing walls can be removed at least.)

I don't care but I'm glad we got this trailer of Kingdom of Corona. In fact, I'm glad that we were finally able to hear the English dub! Yeah even though we already saw this world back in 2015 or so but they show us some little new footage of this world. Plus, I love seeing Sora and Goofy's reaction toward Rapunzel's personality, especially Sora chilling with Flynn by the tree while Rapunzel was swinging around the tree. Lmao! I'm all in for a new World reveal trailer, but since we got like two months left until Kingdom Hearts 3 be release I'm okay if they just keep showing the old worlds they already announced. I would love to hear more English dub trailers of Monsters Inc. Big Hero 6, Olympus, and The Caribbean.

1 hour ago, Kaweebo said:

The game comes out in less than three months, I don’t understand what there is to get disappointed about in terms of content. 

Agree. The game is coming out sooner than we think. I'm very okay with this Tangled trailer, especially in English dub.

1 hour ago, KH4Real said:

Because we were hoping for a new Disney world it looks that all the biggest worlds are revealed.

Do we actually know for sure that the Disney worlds we've seen are the only ones we're getting, though? There could be more that we haven't seen. I'm fine with waiting until the game is out to find out. And if you're hoping for another reveal before then, there's still Jump Festa which might have something. (Keyword being "might". Temper your expectations.)

4 hours ago, Sakuraba Neku said:

No revelation of the Opening

Honestly, I'm glad they haven't, and I hope they don't. 

For 0.2, it was understandable, to get more people hyped for it despite being a short game. But I want the opening to be a complete secret in till I play the game myself. 

Sure, I could go on media blackout till then, but I'd rather not have the temptation to watch it in the first place. Especially for however long I'd have to wait for the game (i.e. if they revel it at Jump Festa, that'd be about a month-long wait).

To be even more honest, I hope they don't reveal every World. Disney or Original. But unfortunately, I know that wont happen. 

13 minutes ago, RoyalXIII said:

For 0.2, it was understandable, to get more people hyped for it despite being a short game. But I want the opening to be a complete secret in till I play the game myself. 

Sure, I could go on media blackout till then, but I'd rather not have the temptation to watch it in the first place. Especially for however long I'd have to wait for the game (i.e. if they revel it at Jump Festa, that'd be about a month-long wait).

To be even more honest, I hope they don't reveal every World. Disney or Original. But unfortunately, I know that wont happen. 

And it would be very hard to completely lock out information, even if you abandon the internet entirely. In the worst case, you might hear others talking about it.

It's always easy to say "then don't watch it if you don want to see more", but even with all the block lists, muted tags, etc. it's impossible to avoid spoilers, even if you stay away from the obvious websites, mainly because lots of people don't tag their stuff properly or use the spoiler buttons/threads.

With 0.2, I immediately got recommendations featuring the ending scene on Youtube before it was even out in Japan. Simply because I watched KH-related content a lot and YT went "here, have more of that". It wasn't that bad because 0.2 didn't have that many revelations to begin with. As you said, 0.2 needed the hype in the shadow of KH3 being already in production, but they don't need to reveal it beforehand for KH3. But no one can expect you to stay off the internet for a month or more and abandon all communication with others just because they decided to reveal too much. (Though it's of course debatable what is considered too much...)

I'm all for trailers, I didn't even mind the Aqua fight being shown since it was hinted at before, but there are things which they don't need to show for people to buy it and that includes the opening and the final world/battle as well as key scenes.

What we've seen so far was fairly out of context and most of it not super surprising so it's still alright but balance is important.

Donald (responding to Rapunzel switching between joy and fear): That girl definitely has some mood swings.

Eugene: What did he say? What did he say?

And just so we're clear. Yes, I know that isn't in the trailer.

2 hours ago, RoyalXIII said:

Different opinions. I'm not like that. If I'm interested in something, I want to know more about it.

Spoilers don't ruin my enjoyment. Sure I like to watch/play something without knowing everything, but knowing what to expect doesn't ruin my enjoyment and satisfies my curiosity. When the time comes If what I'm watching/playing is good, I will still be satisfied when I finish it. Like many people I have been waiting for KH3 for too long and I want to know the most I can.

Edited by Sakuraba Neku

Thanks for sharing this with us, gepugg!

Lol, I was literally checking in on KH13 every thirty minutes or so yesterday morning! XD I was keeping into account the time it was over there in Italy, and when it was 1pm over here, it was already 7pm in Italy, which meant the convention had ended! So yeah, when I saw the trailer on Youtube, I freaked!

The Kingdom Of Corona looks absolutely beautiful, and I love hearing Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi back as Rapunzel and Eugene! And I think one of the most awesome things in this trailer was the fact that one of my favorite scenes from Tangled, which is when Rapunzel is contradicting herself and feeling conflicted over leaving her tower, was included in the game! Lol, seeing Sora just relax while Eugene is all grumpy really made my day! Gahhh, the Kingdom Of Corona is definitely one of my most anticipated worlds in KHIII, alongside the Caribbean and San Fransokyo! :D