Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

[UPDATED] Hundred Acre Wood revealed for Kingdom Hearts III

A new world for Kingdom Hearts III has been revealed at X018! Hundred Acre Wood will be returning as a minigame world once more! 

The new X018 trailer showcases cutscenes and gameplay from this new world. You can watch it below!

UPDATE [November 10, 2018]:  Following the release of the Kingdom Hearts III: Winnie The Pooh trailer at X018, Jeff Rubenstein had a brief interview with Shinji Hashimoto on stage at X018. You can read its transcription below, as well as watch the video from the live show here.

Rubenstein: Let’s talk Winnie the pooh. Winnie’s played a big role in Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II. What can you tell us about The Hundred Acre Wood we just saw in Kingdom Hearts III?

Hashimoto: Well, first of all, thank you very much for coming today to hear me talk! So I’m going to explain a little bit, just a little bit! So, the Winnie The Pooh world has been in the series as well until now, but in Kingdom Hearts III, in The Hundred Acre Wood, you can enjoy playing the mini games as they were in the previous titles, and you can also enjoy interacting with Winnie The Pooh and his friends. Now in Kingdom Hearts III there are many mini games, such as the one based off of Ratatouille, the cooking mini game, and also LCD mini games called the Classic Kingdom. We also figured we didn’t have any puzzle games in Kingdom Hearts III yet. So, for the Hundred Acre Wood world we decided to have puzzle like mini games in there. So you’ll be able to enjoy cute puzzle games.

Rubenstein: So what are some of the key advances in gameplay that fans can expect in Kingdom Hearts III?

Hashimoto: In Kingdom Hearts III, we do use the hardware many ways in the different worlds. For example, in the Caribbean Sea from the Pirates of the Caribbean, we used a hardware to depict the roaring seas that you haven’t seen in the trailers and on the details of the characters. For the CG world, San Fransokyo in Big Hero 6, we utilized the hardware of the vast city and the high buildings that you can jump off from. So, all the verticality in that world utilizes that new hardware. 

Rubenstein: That’s awesome to hear because this is the first Kingdom Hearts of this generation and the first one on Xbox. I can’t wait to see what it looks like on Xbox One X. Now, because Kingdom Hearts is new to Xbox, I thought it would be interesting for all of us here to share how Square Enix and Disney first came together to collaborate on the original title. I heard an elevator was involved? 

Hashimoto: So, we do get this question quite a bit, but it was about 20 years ago we were in the same office building. Square was in the same office building as Disney in the city called Meguro. A lot of people think it was the president of Disney, but it was actually the producer at Disney that reached out to us in the elevator. Of course, it really wasn’t a conversation that we could hold in the elevator, so we took a couple of days after that, to really sit down and talk about the details and that’s how Kingdom Hearts came about.

Follow our social media for Kingdom Hearts III news and coverage!

Twitter   <3    Discord   <3   Facebook   <3   Tumblr   <3   Youtube

View full article

Edited by Aquaberry

I'm not too thrilled about 100 Acre Woods returning but it was expected. I still think there are way too many minigames though now that there's an entire world dedicated to them too. Feels like they could have added more story tidbits instead like cute character interactions which may be overall pointless but good for bonding.

Xehanort's new voice can't compare to the original and I feel it could have had more depth/could be more coarse, but that's something we need to get used to...

But the rest was great! I love the lantern scene in Tangled and I'm so glad they included that. I'm a bit concerned for the Chirithy part and the character models could use a skin color tone down but it's really a lot they've put into such a short trailer again. I love the light design of the original world too.

Now I just wish we would get one more Disney movie out of the handdrawn era that would contrast the rest better, though I'm not sure of there are any worlds left to reveal... But as long as Radiant Garden is playable, that wouls be fine too.

NOOO!!! Okay I love Winnie the Pooh but I don't want 100 Acre Wood to return in Kingdom Hearts 3. Especially as a stupid mini game! Didn't Nomura said there would be no skippable worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3? But now 100 Acre Wood is in this game? Damn you Nomura. Sorry but 100 Acre World is by far my least favorite world in Kingdom Hearts 3 in m opinion. I just can't stand those mini games in the previous KH games. I'm definitely going to skip this world, unless it's a MANDATORY world I need to complete in order to beat the game. Anyway, another short trailer and who they hire to voice Master Xehanort? Plus, we got a glimspe of the new World? Maybe it's Nomura's favorite world? Also, we got a glimspe of seeing both Lea, Riku, King Mickey, and Kairi about to take part in battle!!! Terra-Xehanort again with Lingering Will again!!! And we finally saw all the Organization 13 together. Plus, if you pause at 1:19 you can see the different body types of each Organization members. I'm hype but at the same time very nervous to see who are the Seven Lights and the Thirteen Darkness.

I've never liked the 100 Acre Wood that much to be honest, so this world reveal was the first disappointment for me. I've always hated mini games, and having an entire world dedicated to them is just not on my list of things I want in a video game. That being said, I do love how it looks.

21 hours ago, ITzDarthLordRevan said:

Anybody notice that 100 Acre Woods has this cell-shaded-esque look to it? 

I noticed that too. I love the new style!

Thanks for sharing this with us, Aquaberry!

I'm so happy that the 100 Acre Wood is returning for Kingdom Hearts III! I loved visiting this world in KH, CoM and KHII! It was such a fun and whimsical world to explore, and it was a nice, relaxing break from the Heartless slaying!

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Pooh and friends again! :D

On 11/10/2018 at 2:54 PM, Movies798 said:

NOOO!!! Okay I love Winnie the Pooh but I don't want 100 Acre Wood to return in Kingdom Hearts 3. Especially as a stupid mini game! Didn't Nomura said there would be no skippable worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3? But now 100 Acre Wood is in this game? Damn you Nomura. Sorry but 100 Acre World is by far my least favorite world in Kingdom Hearts 3 in m opinion. I just can't stand those mini games in the previous KH games. I'm definitely going to skip this world, unless it's a MANDATORY world I need to complete in order to beat the game. Anyway, another short trailer and who they hire to voice Master Xehanort? Plus, we got a glimpse of the new World? Maybe it's Nomura's favorite world? Also, we got a glimpse of seeing both Lea, Riku, King Mickey, and Kairi about to take part in battle!!! Terra-Xehanort again with Lingering Will again!!! And we finally saw all the Organization 13 together. Plus, if you pause at 1:19 you can see the different body types of each Organization members. I'm hype but at the same time very nervous to see who are the Seven Lights and the Thirteen Darkness.

The 100 Acre Wood is irritating and it's kind of annoying that we got it instead of Agrabah.  Yes, I know I am obsessed with that world.

1 hour ago, ienzo628 said:

The 100 Acre Wood is irritating and it's kind of annoying that we got it instead of Agrabah.  Yes, I know I am obsessed with that world.

I would love to have Agrabah again in Kingdom Hearts 3 so we can do the King of Thieves arc. with Aladdin's father.

1 minute ago, Movies798 said:

I would love to have Agrabah again in Kingdom Hearts 3 so we can do the King of Thieves arc. with Aladdin's father.

Yeah, so I do wonder why we got stuck with the Heffalump Adventure.  Could this mean that the 100 Acre World is a world with an actual plot now.  I do wonder how much of a demand there was for Pooh's Heffalump Adventure or whatever it is called.  I never seen the movie just remember some clips about it and it seemed like it was mainly about Roo making friends with a child Heffalump that got lost from its mom or something, right?  Since all the residents of 100 Acre Wood are afraid of Heffalumps and Woozles because

I still prefer the Forty Thieves.  I hope we get Agrabah as some sort of surprise world, but I doubt it.  We're probably stuck with Roo trying to get everyone to accept the Heffalump as a friend and talk to them out of their fear mongering.  I point out the Heffalump kid since it was in the trailer.

Super thankful Agrabah isn't confirmed yet. Too much sand and we've had more than enough of that world anyway. (Aladdin is still a good movie tho.)

I'm actually very glad Pooh is back. The 100 Acre Wood has always been chill and charming even if it comes with some minigame jank.

I've spent the last year or so waiting for the 100 Acre Wood confirmation, out of all the returning worlds, it was by far the most obvious and I'm happy with it, I genuinely find Sora and Pooh's relationship touching and the concept of puzzle games seems fun too. 

Edited by Seyin95

Pooh and friends are back! I'm so happy!

They even brought Lumpy to join the gang, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I really did enjoy the minigames from the 100 Acre Wood and I'm so happy it came back. I will admit, the minigames from the first game were a bit of a drag, but the ones from the second game were fun and lovable. Since there are no skippable worlds, maybe this means the world will some importance to the story this time, who knows.

I've always personally loved 100 Acre Woods. Of course, that's mostly because I'm a sucker for cute things. It's just a really charming and adorable world IMO. I don't really mind that it's back as long as the mini-games are entertaining. I dread ever having to play fruitball in Birth by Sleep...

I just hope that the existence of 100 Acre Woods wouldn't prevent us from having Disney Town and Mirage Arena as mini-game/ tournament worlds.
Plus, I still hope that The Jungle Book makes its way to Kingdom Hearts III, I find those to be more of a priority compared to 100 Acre Woods, we shall wait and see the finalized list of worlds.