Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
DChiuch

ESRB has rated Kingdom Hearts III "E10+", and the rating description contains a possible spoiler

The Entertainment Software Ratings Board has released their official detailed rating for Kingdom Hearts III. The game was given a rating of "E10+" for an "alcohol reference" and "fantasy violence", and a detailed rating summary was provided going into further details.

This can be read below, but please note that the final line of the rating summary could be considered a possible spoiler. Proceed with caution!

Content Descriptors: Alcohol Reference, Fantasy Violence

Rating Summary: This is an action role-playing game in which players follow Sora and his friends as they battle an evil force. From a third-person perspective, players explore Disney-themed worlds, gain cartoon-character allies, and battle shadowy creatures along the way. Players use key-shaped swords, whimsical magic attacks, and special powers/attack moves (e.g., blasts of water, cartoony blasters) to defeat enemies in frenetic combat. Some sequences allow players to pilot robots or small ships that shoot projectiles at enemies from a first-person perspective. A handful of cutscenes depict off-screen stabbings/impaling of protagonist characters.

View full article

That sounds very exciting and dramatic! ? But I think this refers to the POTC world. We also have seen Jack and Davy Jones battling with daggers. Unfortunately I don’t think we will see anyone stabbed by a Keyblade 

Edited by NoWay

49 minutes ago, NoWay said:

That sounds very exciting and dramatic! ? But I think this refers to the POTC world. We also have seen Jack and Davy Jones battling with daggers. Unfortunately I don’t think we will see anyone stabbed by a Keyblade 

That depends on who they consider to be protagonists. Of course Will is a protagonist of PotC and Flynn got stabbed as the protagonist of Tangled as well, but they aren't exactly protagonists of KH in a strict sense... That's why it's probably quite hard to determine if that adds to the description or not.

I'm still a bit unsure if I like Disney's increased involvement in KH. Nomura already stated that there are more restrictions now than there were for the other games and I think if that is really all off-screen that it does not quite have the impact of KH1 for example. Which doesn't mean I want everyone stabbing each other, but if Xehanort gets an off-screen hit and then dies, I'm gonna be a little upset.

It'll be hard to tell what had to be altered and what got flat out refused, but Disney and Pixar's involvement doesn't necessarily need to work out in KH's favor. I guess I'm a little anxious that it will become one of Disney's little projects to make money and apply a bunch of limitations without thinking of the series as a whole. Yes, the series belongs to them but the mostly free reign Nomura had made KH into what it is. I hope that I'm really wrong about this, but some of the interviews made it sound like they were really picky and reluctant to take a chance and see any changes made to the source material. And that Disney might be reluctant toward more drastic depictions now that they suddenly care about the franchise after it has become popular enough. 

1 hour ago, ocean's rage said:

im thinking of a scene in tangled and pirates that will match the description 

I hope that is the case. Even though I haven’t read the actual description yet. I think a scene from the 3 Caribbean movie can match it perfectly 

Edited by Zeldablade7

They might be talking about Davy Jones getting stabbed by Will Turner, and then Will Turner getting stabbed by Davy Jones in The Caribbean world. I remember in Kingdom Hearts 2 Barbossa stabbed Captain Jack Sparrow "off-screen" before he turn into a skeleton. Or maybe Kingdom Hearts 3 will show us Sora stabbing himself with a keyblade that could release Roxas heart, Xion's heart or Ventus's heart. Hey maybe Kairi will stabbed herself to release Namine's heart to save her. Not too worry about this.

3 hours ago, NoWay said:

Actually we have. In Kingdom Hearts 1 we've seen Sora stabbing himself to release Kairi's heart and save her. We've seen Ansem possessing Riku stabbing Maleficent when she turn into a dragon. In Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep we've seen Master Xehanort stabbing himself to release his heart before he took over Terra's body. We've see Vantias knocking out Aqua with his keyblade by slashing (okay not a stab but still) her before Ventus unfroze himself. And in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance we've seen Terra-Xehanort (Ansem the Wise apprentice) stabbing Briag to release his heart so he can turn him into a Heartless and a Nobody (Xigbar). We've seen a bunch of people getting stabbed by keyblade in the previous Kingdom Hearts games. 

Edited by Movies798

It says protagonists. It says off-screen.

You really think there will be a war without scenes like these?

Stabbing people is nothing new in KH, but did it ever occur multiple times in a short period of time?

Spoiler

This would probably be too violent for KH. Sora facing every Xehanort alone will be heartbreaking enough. I don't need to see how all the others get defeated.