Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
The Transcendent Key

Is Rebooting Pirates Of The Caribbean A Bad Idea?

Hey there everyone, how's it going? So then, I'm sure that many of you have heard some rumors going around the web that Pirates Of The Caribbean is being taken under consideration for a reboot! I honestly don't know what to think of this! But anyways I, The Friendly Neighborhood Webhead, decided to make a video to discuss said subject! Enjoy! :D

So, what do you all think? Should the franchise be rebooted, or not? Tell me what you think!

2 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

Hey there everyone, how's it going? So then, I'm sure that many of you have heard some rumors going around the web that Pirates Of The Caribbean is being taken under consideration for a reboot! I honestly don't know what to think of this! But anyways I, The Friendly Neighborhood Webhead, decided to make a video to discuss said subject! Enjoy! :D

So, what do you all think? Should the franchise be rebooted, or not? Tell me what you think!

We already have enough reboots.  Why can't Disney just let their properties have a send off and let it die?  I am surprised there has not been a live action of the Aristocats yet.

On 11/11/2018 at 11:53 PM, ienzo628 said:

We already have enough reboots.  Why can't Disney just let their properties have a send off and let it die?  I am surprised there has not been a live action of the Aristocats yet.

It seems as though reboots are gradually becoming the norm these days, ya know? I don't like the idea of a reboot either, but sadly, it's on the table. I just really think that Disney should go forth for a sixth film and let that end the franchise. If they want to reboot it, then they should wait a few years, ya know?

5 hours ago, The Transcendent Key said:

It seems as though reboots are gradually becoming the norm these days, ya know? I don't like the idea of a reboot either, but sadly, it's on the table. I just really think that Disney should go forth for a sixth film and let that end the franchise. If they want to reboot it, then they should wait a few years, ya know?

Yeah, they should.  I mean, Disney seemed to have killed their 2D animation and is just going to 3D computer animated and live action remakes.

Well I wasn't a fan of the original series and believe that reboots, in general, are a waste of time and resources but planning a reboot literally right after it's original is complete is a new level of ridiculous even for a reboot!

Just now, Ventus_ said:

Well I wasn't a fan of the original series and believe that reboots, in general, are a waste of time and resources but planning a reboot literally right after it's original is complete is a new level of ridiculous even for a reboot!

I agree.  Disney should be thinking about doing another Disney film like possibly reviving the Black Cauldron and having it made into either a 2D or 3D flick.  They have the ownership of the books.

8 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I agree.  Disney should be thinking about doing another Disney film like possibly reviving the Black Cauldron and having it made into either a 2D or 3D flick.  They have the ownership of the books.

Now that would be bitchin'! 

3 minutes ago, Ventus_ said:

Yeah and The Lion King is my favorite Disney film but from what I've gathered so far, I'm not impressed by the remake. 

Yeah, it's not fair that so many other properties are losing out and interestingly enough Dumbo 2 was made but because of delays and Lassenter becoming the new CEO, the sequel was abandoned.

3 hours ago, ienzo628 said:

Yeah, it's not fair that so many other properties are losing out and interestingly enough Dumbo 2 was made but because of delays and Lassenter becoming the new CEO, the sequel was abandoned.

Wow, I had no idea there was an abandoned Dumbo sequel. Interesting because Tim Burton is currently making a live-action remake which actually looks pretty damn good. 

On 11/18/2018 at 9:01 PM, Ventus_ said:

Wow, I had no idea there was an abandoned Dumbo sequel. Interesting because Tim Burton is currently making a live-action remake which actually looks pretty damn good. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWeUACLBTTg

Here is a clip of from one of the story reels.

I would love to see this animated, which they cut out the child voices though.

Edited by ienzo628

On 11/18/2018 at 5:49 PM, ienzo628 said:

Yeah, they should.  I mean, Disney seemed to have killed their 2D animation and is just going to 3D computer animated and live action remakes.

I know! I mean, I'm not against their 3D animated and live action films, but I dreadfully miss the 2D animation style that Disney was made famous for, ya know? I really wish there was a hand drawn Disney film at least every other year, as was originally the plan until 2011's Winnie The Pooh ended the line of hand drawn Disney films, ya know?

On 11/18/2018 at 5:51 PM, Ventus_ said:

Well, reboots are like a reset button for Hollywood, and just an excuse to cash grab. I mean, some reboots are actually good and inject new life into a franchise, but that doesn't mean that everything should be rebooted, ya know?

On 11/18/2018 at 5:53 PM, ienzo628 said:

You know, I've always wanted to see The Black Cauldron! I've heard its a cult classic!

14 minutes ago, ienzo628 said:

I wonder what will end the reboot era of Disney.

Perhaps it won't but rather will progress to their rebooting their non-Pixar CGIs such as Frozen and Wreck-it-Ralph. 

What's got me is their priorities when it comes to sequels.
While Googling Dumbo II a similar search suggestion I was drawn to was Zootopia 2. 
From what I've gathered, IMDB suggests that a plot outline and even cast choices have been mapped out and the film is in high demand but there are no plans in the near future to actually make it. 
Yet Wreck-it-Ralph, Maleficent, Frozen and possibly the live action Jungle Book got/are getting sequels. 

23 minutes ago, Ventus_ said:

Perhaps it won't but rather will progress to their rebooting their non-Pixar CGIs such as Frozen and Wreck-it-Ralph. 

While Googling Dumbo II a similar search suggestion I was drawn to was Zootopia 2. 
From what I've gathered, IMDB suggests that a plot outline and even cast choices have been mapped out and the film is in high demand but there are no plans in the near future to actually make it. 
Yet Wreck-it-Ralph, Maleficent, Frozen and possibly the live action Jungle Book got/are getting sequels. 

Interesting that those later versions are getting a sequel but Dumbo and Zootopia aren't.  Man, that's ridiculous!  Dumbo and Pinnochio are overdue for sequels, especially since the 2D animated films came out nearly sixty and seventy years ago.  Lassenter and the delays screwed us out of a Dumbo sequel.  You can still find some of the deleted story boards on Youtube.

But back at topic, somewhat how can Disney reboot Pirates of the Caribbean and not give Dumbo a sequel?

Edited by ienzo628

Anyone reading this should do a video(s) this and also pray (aligning with getting everyone you can to pray for Johnny Depp to win the outcome of this, for it not only means a more fan satisfying future for Pirates of the Caribbean but also greater success for Fantastic Beasts, which happen to be my two favourite movie franchises of all time :) it would be truly gratefully appreciated :)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrPBLoO438U

With Johnny Depp losing his court case, I'm worried about the future of Pirates. I dont think a full reboot is a good idea because Jack Sparrow is the core of the series. However, I do think that spin off movies are viable option. It could be like the movies containing Jack will be like Avengers, and spin off movies will be like the non Avengers movies. Terrible analogy I know 

Yes. It's clear with On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales that Disney don't have anything left in tank with this franchise, and rebooting the franchise inevitably means rehashing the original movie and/or trilogy, or doing new stories. The problem with the former is that it's been done within the last twenty years, and the latter, well, see movies 4 and 5. Recasting Jack, ahem, Captain Jack Sparrow, would also alienate some of the fanbase.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:11 PM, ienzo628 said:

I wonder what will end the reboot era of Disney.

Who knows, my friend? Who knows?

On 11/25/2018 at 11:38 PM, Ventus_ said:

It does seem like they're cranking out more sequels than not instead of focusing on bringing original content.

On 11/25/2018 at 11:59 PM, ienzo628 said:

Interesting that those later versions are getting a sequel but Dumbo and Zootopia aren't.  Man, that's ridiculous!  Dumbo and Pinnochio are overdue for sequels, especially since the 2D animated films came out nearly sixty and seventy years ago.  Lassenter and the delays screwed us out of a Dumbo sequel.  You can still find some of the deleted story boards on Youtube.

But back at topic, somewhat how can Disney reboot Pirates of the Caribbean and not give Dumbo a sequel?

You know what other film was intended to have a sequel? Treasure Planet!

On 10/29/2020 at 4:19 PM, Riku21Terr said:

Anyone reading this should do a video(s) this and also pray (aligning with getting everyone you can to pray for Johnny Depp to win the outcome of this, for it not only means a more fan satisfying future for Pirates of the Caribbean but also greater success for Fantastic Beasts, which happen to be my two favourite movie franchises of all time :) it would be truly gratefully appreciated :)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrPBLoO438U

I really hope Johnny Depp will make it out of this debacle okay! Amber Heard has butchered the poor man's name!

On 11/5/2020 at 7:50 PM, Billy193 said:

With Johnny Depp losing his court case, I'm worried about the future of Pirates. I dont think a full reboot is a good idea because Jack Sparrow is the core of the series. However, I do think that spin off movies are viable option. It could be like the movies containing Jack will be like Avengers, and spin off movies will be like the non Avengers movies. Terrible analogy I know 

Pirates is one of Disney's most profitable franchises, so they have to tread carefully on how they approach the future of this franchise.

On 11/5/2020 at 8:18 PM, jbmasta said:

Yes. It's clear with On Stranger Tides and Dead Men Tell No Tales that Disney don't have anything left in tank with this franchise, and rebooting the franchise inevitably means rehashing the original movie and/or trilogy, or doing new stories. The problem with the former is that it's been done within the last twenty years, and the latter, well, see movies 4 and 5. Recasting Jack, ahem, Captain Jack Sparrow, would also alienate some of the fanbase.

We shall have to see what awaits the franchise. After the cliffhanger we got with Davy Jones at the end of Dead Men Tell No Tales, it'd be killer not to have him come back!