Sign in to follow this  
Aquaberry

[UPDATED] Nominees for The Game Awards 2018 revealed

Recommended Posts

The Game Awards  is an annual awards ceremony that honors video game and content creators across console, mobile and PC gaming and esports. The program is both an awards show and a first look at the future of the video game industry. This year’s awards will take place on Thursday, December 6 at 9 PM ET/6 PM PST  from the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The award ceremony will be live-streamed across 40 global video networks and will include awards presentations, exclusive game world premieres and announcements, and musical performances.

Nominees for The Game Awards 2018 will be announced on Tuesday, November 13, at noon EST/9 AM PST with a video announcement at TheGameAwards.com, after which fans can start voting for their favorites. News on world premieres, presenters, honorees, and musical performances will be announced in the coming weeks leading into the live show on December 6.

Geoff Keighley, creator and main host of the show, has stated that this year's Awards will have the "biggest lineup yet in terms of new game announcements"; according to Keighley, "it's going to be a very exciting night filled with surprises and celebration." In an interview with VentureBeat, Keighley has also stated, "Most of the major publishers will be sharing news on what they’re doing in the future.”

We're very excited to see what games will be nominated this year and what thrilling video game announcements await us; we are also hoping that Kingdom Hearts III will make the nominations for Most Anticipated Game!

Recently, Kingdom Hearts III won a Future Division award from Japanese Game Awards 2018 as one of the 11 games with the best future prospect. Kingdom Hearts III was also nominated for and won several awards for being the best game/RPG/show in E3 by critics including Game Critics Awards, Unreal Engine, IGN, GameSpot, Momocon, and more.

UPDATE [Nov 13, 2018]: The nominees for The Game Awards 2018 have been revealed! Unfortunately, there is no "Most Anticipated Game" category this year, it seems, but we are still excited to watch TGA on December 6!

You can vote for your favorites here.


View full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KeybladeMasterBalo said:

Don't you guys think this event is too close to Jump Festa to have another trailer? I mean it's totally possible but I was just wonderinfg...

Well they did say multiple trailers. And this last trailer was pretty close to the one before it..

Edited by Tyranto Rex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

Well they did say multiple trailers. And this last trailer was pretty close to the one before it..

Exactly. And if they go with the length of the two most recent trailers, I wouldn't even consider it too much information. Another thing is that E3 had several trailers in the span of just a few days. It would make sense for them to promote the game like this after the recent news regarding multiple trailers and not have them at one event only.

Another one is also set to appear this month, which would mean 3 trailers in one month. Several trailers doesn't mean they will all be super revealing and long. The Lucca Tangled trailer was fairly short and not that substantial and basically showcased the world. If they did that with some more worlds, it would be promoting the game without spoiling too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NoWay said:

Is this an important event?

It's a pretty big one. It only started a few years ago, but more people definitely talk about it and look forward to it now.

It feels likely to me that we could see something new for KH3 there.

Edited by setsugekka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Merilly said:

Exactly. And if they go with the length of the two most recent trailers, I wouldn't even consider it too much information. Another thing is that E3 had several trailers in the span of just a few days. It would make sense for them to promote the game like this after the recent news regarding multiple trailers and not have them at one event only.

Another one is also set to appear this month, which would mean 3 trailers in one month. Several trailers doesn't mean they will all be super revealing and long. The Lucca Tangled trailer was fairly short and not that substantial and basically showcased the world. If they did that with some more worlds, it would be promoting the game without spoiling too much.

Oh I know, I was just thinking it was way too close one of another. Back in the TGS event, I mean, they were all showcased during the same event but this are two separate events, but like I said, it's not impossible and as you say Merilly it might be something less spoilerish like the Lucca trailer. Anyway I am HYPED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Merilly said:

Exactly. And if they go with the length of the two most recent trailers, I wouldn't even consider it too much information. Another thing is that E3 had several trailers in the span of just a few days. It would make sense for them to promote the game like this after the recent news regarding multiple trailers and not have them at one event only.

Another one is also set to appear this month, which would mean 3 trailers in one month. Several trailers doesn't mean they will all be super revealing and long. The Lucca Tangled trailer was fairly short and not that substantial and basically showcased the world. If they did that with some more worlds, it would be promoting the game without spoiling too much.

I know some people were a little bit nervous about them revealing to much but I do think most of them will be like the Lucca and X018 trailers. With maybe one or two "bigger" ones. Most will probably focus on individual worlds and gameplay with maybe little snippets of some plot elements. I'm almost positive we have one or two Disney worlds left and those will probably be showcased and I think they may showcase one or two original worlds (or maybe at least show gameplay of a less spoilery world like Radiant Garden, if it ends up being playable).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tyranto Rex said:

I know some people were a little bit nervous about them revealing to much but I do think most of them will be like the Lucca and X018 trailers. With maybe one or two "bigger" ones. Most will probably focus on individual worlds and gameplay with maybe little snippets of some plot elements. I'm almost positive we have one or two Disney worlds left and those will probably be showcased and I think they may showcase one or two original worlds (or maybe at least show gameplay of a less spoilery world like Radiant Garden, if it ends up being playable).

I can understand that concern and truth to be told, it's possible that they reveal too much because the perception of what is too much changes with each person. For some, the Aqua fight was already too much while I did not consider it such a spoiler since it was hinted at. Of course I don't want everything to be revealed either, especially not any major twists, but I'd personally deem it best to avoid the trailers altogether then, even if that proves to be difficult. Or talk to others first and ask for their opinion on the matter of substantial spoilers.

At the same time, the game is apparently much larger than the rest, so they can show a lot more without spoiling too much if they're careful. Balance is important. It can't be too boring if they want to reel in new players as well but not too revealing. So far, I feel like most revelations weren't too much and were to be expected or are completely out of context.

But I agree with you that multiple trailers doesn't mean we'll get lots of new info. Especially the Lucca trailer was fairly uneventful and if they did that for more worlds, I'd be fine with it too. The X018 one was a little more packed despite its shortness but I think there won't be 5 trailers like those appearing.

I agree. I'd be sad if there wasn't at least one more Disney world featuring a completely different environment and color scheme. I don't even mind if it's a returning world as long as it's different and hopefully from Disney's handdrawn era. (Though a part of me also wishes for a short Tron cameo. I know the movie was fairly open-ended too, but it would be such a solemn end.)

I especially hope for Radiant Garden to be confirmed playable. I feel like that's one of the worlds which has so much potential for plot developments. Not only because I'd like to see Leon & Co. again but because it's been part of almost every game in one way or another and a lot of characters come from there. Though another original world like that cloud area would be cool, too. I think Kingdom Hearts itself might be a world on its own so to speak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Merilly said:

I can understand that concern and truth to be told, it's possible that they reveal too much because the perception of what is too much changes with each person. For some, the Aqua fight was already too much while I did not consider it such a spoiler since it was hinted at. Of course I don't want everything to be revealed either, especially not any major twists, but I'd personally deem it best to avoid the trailers altogether then, even if that proves to be difficult. Or talk to others first and ask for their opinion on the matter of substantial spoilers.

At the same time, the game is apparently much larger than the rest, so they can show a lot more without spoiling too much if they're careful. Balance is important. It can't be too boring if they want to reel in new players as well but not too revealing. So far, I feel like most revelations weren't too much and were to be expected or are completely out of context.

But I agree with you that multiple trailers doesn't mean we'll get lots of new info. Especially the Lucca trailer was fairly uneventful and if they did that for more worlds, I'd be fine with it too. The X018 one was a little more packed despite its shortness but I think there won't be 5 trailers like those appearing.

I agree. I'd be sad if there wasn't at least one more Disney world featuring a completely different environment and color scheme. I don't even mind if it's a returning world as long as it's different and hopefully from Disney's handdrawn era. (Though a part of me also wishes for a short Tron cameo. I know the movie was fairly open-ended too, but it would be such a solemn end.)

I especially hope for Radiant Garden to be confirmed playable. I feel like that's one of the worlds which has so much potential for plot developments. Not only because I'd like to see Leon & Co. again but because it's been part of almost every game in one way or another and a lot of characters come from there. Though another original world like that cloud area would be cool, too. I think Kingdom Hearts itself might be a world on its own so to speak.

I do sometimes have to remember that I'm a bit more lenient on spoilers than others, sometimes even enjoying something more when I know something that's gonna happen. But people can control what they watch and be hesitant if they need to be.

Also hoping for at least one more Disney world, but I am optimistic for two more. And yeah I would prefer another handdrawn movie, even if it's an returning one. There's still a chance for Radiant Garden to be playable and I hope if it is they do show some gameplay soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tyranto Rex said:

I do sometimes have to remember that I'm a bit more lenient on spoilers than others, sometimes even enjoying something more when I know something that's gonna happen. But people can control what they watch and be hesitant if they need to be.

Also hoping for at least one more Disney world, but I am optimistic for two more. And yeah I would prefer another handdrawn movie, even if it's an returning one. There's still a chance for Radiant Garden to be playable and I hope if it is they do show some gameplay soon.

I tend to be more lenient, too. I don't wanto know who dies and lives at the end but I never thought too much was shown. Even with 0.2, where they basically showed a large portion of the game due to its short nature, I was fine with it since it was nothing too substantial. I also think that everything we've seen so far fuels my hype. Sure, there are things I don't like as well, but overall, it puts me more at ease to see things develop. They changed a lot over the course of a year and it's nice to see it coming together.

I think two more isn't unrealistic, though I'm also keeping my expectations low since I don't know how certain things will be handled. The original worlds are apparently for story progression so I wouldn't mind if more original worlds are left than Disney worlds. For now I hope the Disney worlds won't be too detached from the original plot again while also hoping we've got some interesting worlds left. I won't be disappointed if it's only one more though for Disney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this