Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Joanie

Detective Pikachu Movie!

I'm hoping it will be good. I'm glad they decided to take the comedy route because I think it will work better that way. I do find Pikachu in the trailer to be kind of off-putting. He's not exactly creepy but there's something unnerving about him. I think the movie will be either absolutely amazing or really bad. But I'm hoping for the former; the trailer shows some promise. 

Also, I'm surprised it took Hollywood this long to do a live-action Pokemon film. I would have thought they'd have done it years ago.

1 hour ago, Allwil13 said:

I'm hoping it will be good. I'm glad they decided to take the comedy route because I think it will work better that way. I do find Pikachu in the trailer to be kind of off-putting. He's not exactly creepy but there's something unnerving about him. I think the movie will be either absolutely amazing or really bad. But I'm hoping for the former; the trailer shows some promise. 

Also, I'm surprised it took Hollywood this long to do a live-action Pokemon film. I would have thought they'd have done it years ago.

I actually really like how Pikachu looks. I like how everything looks actually.

espcially Mr. Mime lol

While I'm surprised about how long it took for something like this to happen, I'm really glad it did take this long. Even just ten years ago the CG in this movie wouldn't be nearly as good as it looks.

9 hours ago, Xanjoh said:

While I'm surprised about how long it took for something like this to happen, I'm really glad it did take this long. Even just ten years ago the CG in this movie wouldn't be nearly as good as it looks.

I agree with you there. If they'd attempted this kind of thing in 2008, Pikachu definitely would have looked suuuper creepy. And just to be clear, I don't think he looks terrible or even bad, there's just something weird about him. But on the other hand they did a pretty good job with the cgi. It couldn't have been easy and he does look nice and cuddly. It's just his face. 

But at least it's not like that creepy cgi baby from the Breaking Dawn movies.

1 hour ago, ocean's rage said:

they look bizarre 

They kinda do, but I think it's more because it's a new style that we've never seen pokemon in before

1 hour ago, Zeldablade7 said:

I kinda like where this movie is going for. I'm glad this movie doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously. Looking forward to watching this movie next year! :)

I agree :)

11 hours ago, loamrangercosplay said:

THE FUR MAKES ME UNCOMFORTABLE 

It looks like Something someone made in Photoshop ob the web. Its not bad but...

On 11/14/2018 at 2:02 PM, Zeldablade7 said:

I kinda like where this movie is going for. I'm glad this movie doesn't seem to be taking itself too seriously. Looking forward to watching this movie next year! :)

What most gets me is what was the decision process why this project  in this time? Than again there is a movie about a killer tire so there is that

Edited by Dustin Lübbers

Oh, this is definitely a movie that I'm excited for! When I saw the trailer for the first time, I was really caught off guard and was impressed! The Pokemon look amazing, I love the fact that Ryan Reynolds voices Pikachu, and it just looks like it'll actually be a great live action adaption of a video game property! Here's hoping the film delivers! :D

On 1/14/2019 at 7:02 AM, ocean's rage said:

anyone else feels like this is a classic case of casting someone whos not right for the role just cause they wanted a big name fore the film?

I actually think that Ryan Reynolds is a great choice, a fantastic choice for Pikachu! It'll add that comedic zing for the movie! Though Danny Devito would've been perfect, if you recall that parody trailer where someone put Danny's voice over the game trailer. XD

25 minutes ago, The Transcendent Key said:

I actually think that Ryan Reynolds is a great choice, a fantastic choice for Pikachu! It'll add that comedic zing for the movie! Though Danny Devito would've been perfect, if you recall that parody trailer where someone put Danny's voice over the game trailer. XD

really? cause based on the game i just dont see it