Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Endless Thundaga

Pokémon: Land’s End RP

Welcome to the region of Tamara! It is a beautiful mountainous region, filled with many species of Pokémon. It is also a resting spot for legendary Pokémon, including the “Original One”, Arceus. However, not all is peaceful here, as a shady group of individuals believe the world is imperfect and unbalanced, and without leaders. They call themselves “Team Yami”. Their goal is to obtain a certain number of legendary Pokémon, via Team Galactic’s old method, the “Red Chain”, and use them to create a new world, and to keep order in said new world. On three sides of the region, there are shrines dedicated to the Pokémon of interest. The  southeast shrine is dedicated to the creation trio, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. The shrine to the north is dedicated to the weather trio, Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza. And finally, the shrine to the Southwest is dedicated to the aura trio, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde. The Pokémon Champion of the Tamara region, Jacob, is closely monitoring Team Yami, and is striving to foil their plans. Whether you’re a newly fledged Pokémon Trainer, a veteran, or even a member of Team Yami, it is time to create your own path, to help Jacob defeat Team Yami, to keep away from the tension, or to try and fulfill Team Yami’s goals.

Tamara Region Map (Credit to Stardust)623D36B6-880B-43A4-8EF0-74D4C2F82CE8.thumb.jpeg.7a722ad20f9e13c79ed65299296fd945.jpeg

If you are interested in joining this roleplay, but have not submitted a character sheet, click the link below to head to the sign ups.  https://www.kh13.com/forums/topic/115942-pokemon-land’s-end-sign-ups-and-discussion/

Edited by Endless Thundaga

Team Yami had been years in the making. The leaders delving themselves into businesses and gaining the funds in order to afford the necessary operation. The main base was just as impressive as one would expect, the large city like vehicle flying in the sky above the clouds that looked down on the Tamara Region. Inside the place was a technological marvel which was built specifically for the task at hand; to catch and contain legendary pokemon. Nero would stand on the deck, staring out at the clouds as he gently rubbed his pokemon's head. "You shouldn't overwork yourself, dear." Nero spoke, staring at the screen in front of him, where he could see his wife working in one of the many laboratories. "If we are to do this, everything has to be perfect! All calculations have to be exact, all machines have to be functioning, especially if we are to expect any interference from the local police-" "Calm down, I trust you...I just worry, Astra." Nero insisted, a smile on his features. The young woman would sigh and nod. "I know...do not worry. We will be successful. I know it." With that, the call was ended. Nero sighed, rubbing the back of his neck before taking a seat on the chair. "Call in the others. I want information on how the progress is going." Nero explained, looking up at the sky again. "If things go according to plan, we will have a legendary pokemon in our grasp by the end of the week."

~Tassel Brooks, Hyssop Town~

There was a lake not too far from Hyssop- it was a place that Tassel's mother took him often. Natural beauty alone would've been enough, but the Pokémon here being as friendly as they were certainly didn't hurt. There was a specific little Melotic in the lake that came to shore when Tassel would arrive- one that Tassel refused to capture. This Melotic deserves the freedom and openness of this lake.

"Hey there!" Tassel would always greet. Today was the same, although a bit different. "Today, I've decided to become a Pokémon trainer. I may not be coming back here as often anymore- but I promise I'll always visit when I am in Hyssop." He threw a handful of purple puffins into the water for Melotic to enjoy.

Growlithe and Gastly both seemed to be antsy about the journey ahead, although with different causes. Growlithe seemed excited, and ready to take on the challenge, while Gastly was more nervous than anything. Today, though, both did their best to enjoy the last view of the lake they would see in awhile- although Growlithe could never resist rolling around in the tall grass close to Tassel. That's what got him in trouble when Tassel and Growlithe first met.

Do I think I can take the Hyssop Town Gym...? With just two Pokémon, Tassel wasn't too sure what all he could handle. First form Pokémon, even. Still, if he didn't try...

Tassel double checked to make sure he was stocked up on potions and antidotes. He picked up his bag, nodded to his Pokémon, and started back towards town- which was a rather small but beautiful town. There was a field to the west of Hyssop that was where many of the trainers began their journey- a place Tassel chose not to go when he came of age. He may be starting late... but at least he is starting.

He reached the doors of the gym- not quite prepared to see what lied ahead, he took a deep breath, and thrust the doors open.

Edited by Shard the Gentleman

Elly glanced around the small burg of Hyssop Town, eyes widened with excitement as she did so.  The smell of this new region was very different from that of Johto, and it compounded as she went from town to town.  Different perfumes, different cuisines, different plants and Pokemon -- it all made an enriching and exotic experience for one such as herself, who only restricted herself to one region for a long while.  Some of the locals, namely a young couple, if judging by the silver bands about their ring fingers, glanced at her curiously as she scanned the area with an open mouth, and she quickly felt self-conscious and blushed, her cheeks ablaze with embarrassment.  Xsira and Freo, the Espeon and Glaceon she raised from Eevees, padded behind her, looking up towards her with inquisitive eyes.

Why are you embarrassed so? asked Xsira mentally as she jogged alongside Elly, her tails swishing behind her.

Those people probably think of me as odd, being enamoured by their village so.  I can't help but like everything around me, confessed the trainer, glancing down at the cat.

And you shouldn't worry about showing how you feel about things, stated Xsira, her gaze unwavering even as they travelled.  Everybody starts out new to things.  It's only natural to marvel.

Freo looked clueless in the background, glancing between the two of them as they shared their mental conversation before returning to dutifully guarding Elly's back.  He had a strong sense of protection, likely due to his vulpine blood, though he wondered what he was missing.

Thanks, Xsi, responded Elly, her cheeks losing their hue as the blood drained from her face.  She smiled down at the Espeon graciously.  It does wonders to have you with me.

Xsira seemed appreciative of the comment and smiled with her eyes but said nothing in return, instead returning to the back with Freo.

"What was that all about?" Freo queried to his companion in Pokespeak.

"Just a little self-doubt, though I'm surprised you did not catch why.  Your eyes are always open but miss such things," Xsira answered with a teasing nudge.  "She'll be better once we take on this gym together."

The Glaceon frowned and looked elsewhere in mild annoyance, replying, "I can't be perfect all the time.  Also, the gym seems to be in use.  Look over there."

The three stopped to witness a boy, Tassel, toss open the doors of the Gym.  He seemed gathered in his thoughts and confident enough in his own skills, which Elly admired, and he was followed by a pair of Pokemon she knew much about already.  What were Kanto Pokemon doing in his team?  Was he like her, a foreigner in a very different land?

"Let's watch him take on the Gym," she voiced resolutely, eyes locked on the entrance to the massive building.

Freo and Xsira looked towards each other with smiles, and together they walked toward Tassel and the Gym.

- Astrid Siv - Hyssop Town - Hyssop Pokemon Gym -

To say that leaving the Kanto region was saddening was a huge understatement, but it was something that needed to be done. It took years to finally get the courage to buy a ticket to, some random place around the world. Astrid had traveled between Kanto and Jotho a few times already. That left Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos, and Alola On the list, but something else caught her eye, a name she hadn't seen before, a region named Tamara. Without any second to waste she got a ticked and within a few days she arrived at the town of Hyssop.

The culture was certainly different than in Kanto, that's what quickly made her realize that she was far from home, but it was only a small step in becoming a pokemon professor, or so she thought. The last few days she had been exploring the town and its surroundings, but never too far away. She would need time to watch and learn about how the people interacted with their pokemon partners, to understand how the wild ones lived. Astrid spent most of the time on the outskirts of the town, watching the nature and the pokemons, taking notes and drawing sketches, taking in her new surroundings.

Not today though. Today she had asked to be allowed to be a spectator in Hyssop Town's very own Pokemon Gym. She hoped that any battle she was able to witness would allow her to better understand the bonds and relationships between pokemons and their trainers.

"I am sure it will be interesting to watch the battle of any challenger against the Gym Leader," Astrid said to the silver-gray furred pokemon behind her as she tucked a strand of her slightly messy black hair behind her ear, "There are many ways in which trainers and their pokemon partners can express their emotions. Pokemon Battles is one of such ways."

The multiple tails of the silver-grey furred Ninetales slowly swayed back and forth, it was kind of hypnotizing in a way. She looked quite regal even when she was just sitting behind her trainer, patiently waiting for a new trainer to come up and challenge the Gym Leader.

"The lady is correct. A bond between a pokemon and their trainer is something to be admired," the Ninetales said in Pokespeak, "It allows us to do great things. Just as it allows trainers to do the same. It allows us to understand each other, for instance."

Astrid nodded at the "words" of her pokemon partner, Amaterasu, or Ammy, for short. Ammy used to be quite the rascal when they were young, but after a few years, and an evolution, she became quite calm and wiser, just like she herself had been when she was a child.

At that moment, the sound of the door opening made Astrid turn her head around, allowing her to watch a young boy and his two pokemon, a Gastly and a Growlithe, coming inside. They were soon followed by another trainer, a young looking girl with her two pokemon partners, an Espeon and a Glaceon, two evolutions of Eevee, as Astrid quickly deduced, as she too had a partner who was previously an Eevee, a female Vaporeon named Tethys.

She remained in the seats next to the arena where the battles took place, silently sketching the two trainers, the look of determination, their smiles, and, of course, their pokemon partners.

Nearby the Hyssop Gym, the Tamara Champion, Jake, and his Lucario, Utopia, arrive from a nearby deli, with subs in their hands. Jake takes a bite out of his. “Man, Hyssop Town has the best deli......” Utopia also takes a bite from his own. “Indeed.” As they enjoy their subs, Utopia notices a boy and a young woman enter the Hyssop Gym. He nudges his trainer. “Hey, check it out. Two people are taking on the Gym Leader here......” The Champion’s eyes light up. “Prehaps they have potential! Let’s go spectate!” Initially, the Lucario hesitates, thinking about the issue with Team Yami. “But sir. Team Yami?” Jake turns to his partner, easing his worries. “Relax Utopia. I have the Rotom radio should something happen. Let’s go.” 

As they enter, they take a seat across from where Astrid is spectating. Jake takes note, and figures out she is not battling. “It’s the lady that entered. I guess she’s not participating.” He takes another bite out of his sub, before the two trainers look in his direction, prehaps baffled to see the champion in their vicinity. Utopia takes note. “Well, go on with it. Don’t mind us.” He takes another bite from his sub as well. 

The day was sunny, mild temperatures as it seemed that everyone was enjoying their time outside in Hyssop City. Xero stepped out of a store, eating up a sandwich as Eon looked up at him with big beady eyes. Xero hummed, looking over as he reached into the paper bag, taking out a treat before offering it up to his Pokemon. "Here you go Eon." Xero smiled. The oddly colored pupitar would quickly munch down on the treat, chiming out happily while demanding for more. "No. The rest are for the rest of the team, Eon. You can't eat all of them again." He insisted, warily staring at his Pokemon as he got the bag away in his backpack. He munched down on the sandwich, humming at Eon. "Come on now, let's head to the gym." He asked. Eon would happily tag along, hoping to steal a bite out of Xero's sandwich when he wasn't looking. Another city, another chance at clues, but so far nothing other than the typical trainer things. The gym! The badges! The battles! Not that he minded...all of it was always fun. He would glance up at the gym, finishing his sandwich before looking over at Eon. "Think that we'll see some Pokemon battles today?" He asked. Eon would nod, burying itself against Xero's arms. Xero chuckled, rubbing the Pokemon's head gently. Eon was surely one of a kind in more ways than one. He was the one that kept Xero from getting into biting off more than what he could chew. Xero entered the gym, looking around a bit before heading to the stands. There was a man sitting down already, with a Lucario. He gasped, pausing a bit as he stared at the Pokemon. "So cool." He whispered, quickly taking out his Pokedex. He scanned the Lucario from where he stood, staring down at the information with Eon. 

"Lucario! The Aura Pokemon! They can detect the species of a living being— and its emotions—from over half a mile away. They control auras and hunt their prey in packs." 

"Oooooh." Xero cooed, looking back at Eon. He got his Pokedex away, picking Eon back into his arms as he walked over to the Lucario and trainer, unaware of the champion. He had honestly haven't even thought of it, too busy trying to find his parents. "Excuse us, may we sit by you?" Xero asked. Eon chimed, rather happy in Xero's arms.

Elly stepped inside following Tassel and awaited her turn, eyeing the boy all the while along with his Pokemon.  She would have to wait her turn to challenge the Gym Leader of Hyssop Town, though that was not necessarily a bad thing.  It would give her a mild understanding of how the leader thought and how his Pokemon fought, though she wondered how skilled Tassel was.  He had a nice selection of Pokemon outside their Pokeballs, and Elly had to wonder if they were his go-to Pokemon, much like Xsira and Freo were hers.  Time will tell, and she observed the plaques of the gym in the meantime, as well as several of the onlookers.

A number of individuals within the spectating crowd had their Pokemon out, including a trainer (Astrid) with her Ninetails, another with a Pupitar (Xero), and one (Jake) with a blue Pokemon she did not fully recognise, though it was hard to pass over its lovely fur, interesting physique, and red eyes.  She was loath to start conversation with someone in a Gym that wasn't the leader himself or herself -- she was not very fond of talking with people in general outside of her circle of friends -- but she may have to ask what kind of Pokemon that was.

Xsira knew what kind of Pokemon the Champion's companion was, but she decided against telling Elly.  Being a Psychic type, she could read the minds of her companions with relative ease, even talk with them, but this was her trainer's moment to step out of her bounds and her shell.

Elly paused, looking towards Jake and Utopia, before breaking her gaze away and heading towards the far, opposite side of the stands.  Xsira sighed and muttered something under her breath in Pokespeak.  Freo caught it and rubbed his ear against the Espeon's shoulder and cheek, drawing her attention.

"She'll be fine in time.  Just have faith in her," the Glaceon replied with a wink as he ran ahead and followed their trainer.

"Sure thing, Mister Know-it-all," the Espeon pouted, bounding after him.

Together they sat on their side of the stadium, with Elly in the middle, Freo on the right, and Xsira on the left.  This was how they always were, even when they were at home four or even five years ago, and Elly felt a bit more comfortable with this trivial bit of knowledge.  It was familiar and brought back many memories, which gave her a sense of peace even in these adventurous times.

Astrid noticed that more and more people were entering the gym, two more boys with their respective pokemon. She had been attending to the gym for a couple of days, but this day was already looking interesting.

"The lady looks more excited than usual," Ammy said in Pokespeak, "Are the battles the reason for such excitement?"

"That is one of the reasons, sure, but these past few days only a few people came, it was mostly the members of the gym that were here," Astrid answered, " But now? Now we have four trainers that will challenge the leader, those are the battles I look forward to. A trainer fighting alongside their partners to obtain that which they desire, putting all their training to the test."

Ammy looked between the boy who had remained near the arena, her own trainer, and the girl who went to the opposite side of the stands, close to were they were. Astrid on the other hand was putting the finishing touchest to her sketches.

"The lady should pay more attention to her surroundings." Ammy said.

"Why? What happened? The leader is not here yet and there is no battle to watch." Astrid replied.

"The young girl that just arrived looked quite interested in that Lucario over there, but chose to not act on that curiosity," Ammy said while looking towards Elly and her companions, "Mayhap the Lady should offer some assistance?"

Astrid looked over the the Lucario for a moment, trying to remember whatever info she could recall. She closed her sketchbook took a deep breath and made her way closer to Elly, closely followed by Ammy behind her.

"Hi there. I couldn't help to notice, well, my friend over there did, that you were interested in that pokemon over there," Astrid said while pointing at the Lucario, " If you are interested I could tell you a little about it, but only if you're interested, of course."

The silver Ninetales sighed before gently nudging Astrid's back in an attempt to make her remember something important.

"What now? Oh! Right, sorry, that was rude, I forgot to introduce myself," Astrid said, a little embarrassed, "I'm Astrid, Astrid Siv. And the one behind me is my friend Amaterasu, but you can call her Ammy."

Astrid offered Elly her hand for a handshake while Ammy sat and offered a small bow.

~Tassel Brooks, Hyssop Gym~

Typhus... the bug type leader. Maybe, Tassel thought, maybe I'm not quite ready to take him on... but it's better to find out now than to wait and dillydally.

He walked up to whom he assumed was the leader, standing at the other end of the rather large building. To his sides, he noticed that there was starting to gather quite an audience, with even more people walking in behind him. Tassel gulped... this was really it.

This was his first battle.

"Typhus, I would like to challenge you to a Pokémon battle!"

As soon as Jake finishes his sub, he hears a boy asking if he may sit next to the former. “Of course! Feel free!” Utopia eyes Xero, but returns to his lunch. The champion notices the shiny Pupitar, admiring the purple cocoon. 

The two trainers finished batting, and the Gym Leader, Typhus, enters the arena. He eyes Jake and Xero. Not far behind, the challenger, Tassel, challenges the leader. Jake gets pumped. “The trainer is challenging Typhus!” Utopia narrows his eyes. “I hope that boy comes out victorious.” 

Typhus turns to Tassel. “So.... I see you have made it through the Gym. It is not often that someone would be able to challenge me.......” He crosses his arms. “But let’s cut to the chase. You wish to battle me, so it’s a battle you will get.” The Gym Leader grabs a PokéBall from his belt, and eyes Jake. “I hope you are able to put on a good show for our Champion, Jacob, and his Pokémon. Let us begin.” Jake and Utopia grumble. “Must you really call us out........?” 

Typhus hurls the PokéBall. “Go, Butterfree!” A Butterfree emerges from the light emitted by the PokéBall. 

Edited by Endless Thundaga

Xero nodded. "Thank you." He said, smiling as he sat down and settled Eon down next to him. "Can you see, Eon?" He asked. The pupitar would jump up and down cheerfully. Xero nodded. He would reach for his pokedex, zoning in on the pokemon on the field. He scanned the Butterfree, staring down at the information that was given. "Butterfree! The butterfly pokemon! Its wings are covered in toxic scales. If it finds bird Pokémon going after Caterpie, Butterfree sprinkles its scales on them to drive them off." The Pokedex spoke. Xero would stare down at the information, tilting his head as he showed it to Eon. "What do you think?" He asked. Eon would tilt to the side before humming. Xero placed the pokedex down, glancing up at the battle before pulling out what looked to be a camera, placing it over Eon's head and starting its recording. "Keep a watch over the battle, Eon. We will be fighting him too." He explained. Eon would nod happily, Xero looking back up. He glanced over at the Lucario, smiling. "I've never seen a Lucario before." He added, tilting his head. "I didn't think they would be that tall."  

Elly stroked her two Pokemon in relaxation, keeping an eye mostly fixed on the challenger to the gym and partially on the Lucario, but she did not count on company.  When Astrid approached, she was startled and pressed down on both Freo's and Xsira's backs in fright, much to the Pokemon's duress after a nice petting spree, but as Astrid continued she smiled timidly.  This girl with the Ninetails seemed very nice, and her Pokemon was very pretty.  She had never seen a Ninetails in such a beautiful hue before.

"Elly Sanguine," she replied quietly, reaching out her hand in acceptance of Astrid's handshake and chuckling good-heartedly at Amaterasu's bow.  "I would love to take you up on your offer about that Pokemon, for sure, as well as yours.  I've never seen a Ninetails quite so lovely.  Ammy, is it?"

After a moment's hesitation, the girl tried to reach out and stroke Amaterasu by the ear, hoping that was acceptable to the Pokemon and her trainer.  Being a trainer of a foxlike Pokemon, she wondered if Ammy too had a fondness towards having her ears rubbed.

Freo and Xsira looked over the newcomers with their large, bright eyes.  Xsira did so acceptingly as she dislodged herself from her seat and plopped into the seat next to Freo, her tail whisking against Elly's arm as she ducked below her.  Freo stared defensively with an unsure look, ever protective of Elly and Xsira alike.  He was like a dutiful bodyguard, but over time it quickly became easier to win his trust.  He seemed particularly interested in Amaterasu, with mixed emotions.  On the one hand, she was a fox-like Pokemon like himself, but on the other why did Elly try to grab her ear like she often did to him?  It wasn't fair.

Elly listened in closely to the match as it started up, with a Pokeball being released as the match began.  It seemed that the Champion of the region was visiting this gym, which intrigued her very much.  So one of these people with Pokemon out of their balls was the champ . . . which one was he or she?  Could it be that Astrid was the one, or maybe one of the others she saw?  She chewed her lip but did not give her question any voice, instead deciding on making a new friend if she could.  She never really talked with anybody until she got here.  It might as well end now.

" A pleasure. And you are correct, this is Ammy," Astrid answered, "And I am sure she will like your compliment."

Ammy eyed Elly's hand carefully as it came closer and closer. Her body immediately relaxed once Elly began to rub her ear, and she gently rubbed her head on Elly's hand in the process and her tails swayed from side to side. Astrid scratched her cheek at the display of her partner, it was both funny and cute at the same time. Ammy loved to have her ears rubbed, that was, in Astrid's opinion, Ammy's weakness. While that was happening she looked at Elly's Espeon and a Glaceon, one of them was accepting while the other, well, he looked a little more protective of the young girl, Astrid could understand that.

"Well, you see, Ammy here is what people often call a "Shiny" pokemon. A pokemon whose fur colours are different than the rest of their kind. They can be somewhat rare to see most of the time," Astrid said while taking a seat next to Elly and her pokemon, "And that other pokemon you're interested in? That is called a Lucario, he is considered a Steel/Fighter type of pokemon. It is said that they are highly intelligent and highly loyal to their trainers, and are able to understand human speech. They can also sense auras emanating from others, that way they can read their thoughts, emotions and movements, They can also use that same aura as a form of attack."

Astrid then focused on the arena as she listened to the match as it started. Apparently, the leader was finally taking on the challenger. With that she opened her sketchbook once again and began to draw part of the battle between Typhus, the gym leader, and the young trainer.

~Tassel~

"Woah!" Tassel did a quick jump back as the Gym leader released his first Pokémon- a Butterfree! Gastly would be unexpected, but ghost types are weak to Psychic abilities... While Growlithe has a type advantage, the gym leader would expect fire types to battle against bug types. I guess I have no choice...

"Okay, Growlithe! Use Ember!" Growlithe jumped forward, and let out a quick bark before sending out a set of flying flames towards the enemy Butterfree in an attempt to utilize the weakness against fire type moves.

Growlithe, I know you don't have a lot of battle experience... but you're more cut out for this than Gastly. I believe in you! We can do this together! And in case Butterfree uses some sort of poisonous attack... Tassel fingered a bulge in his pocket that he knew was a single antidote- but he only had one... Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Elly uttered a happy laugh as Amaterasu accepted having her ear rubbed, switching to the other ear soon afterwards.  She listened intently to the Astrid all the while, finding out about Shiny Pokemon and about the new, marvelous Pokemon which caught her eye, Lucario.  She wondered if she would ever come across one in the wild.  They seemed like very interesting and beautiful partners to have, though she still adored her chosen few that stuck with her through thick and thin.  They were closer than allies.  They were friends and family, companions, and she loved them for it.

"Thank you for sharing your knowledge with me.  I am not very familiar with Pokemon from outside my region, and I don't do much studying up on things.  I would love to see them in battle sometime."

She paused and glanced down at Astrid's sketchbook, admiring her gift for drawing.  Not only was this girl a walking Pokedex, she was an artist too.

"I forgot to introduce my dear friends as you did," she replied, timidity gone for the moment.  She turned her hand towards her two Pokemon, quite interested in showing off her companions.  "This is Freo, next to me.  He's a bright one, and my brave protector.  Beside him is Xsira.  She's my advisor, and is equally bright.  They were my first Pokemon and came into my life at the same time, and I've been with them ever since."

Both Freo and Xsira looked up towards the trainers with brilliant eyes and beaming faces, gladdened by the introduction, before Freo continued looking at Ammy and Xsira at the battle.

Astrid looked at Elly's pokemon with complete interest, both were cute in their own way. The one introduced as Freo was the one who had been watching her as she offered to help Elly before, and just like she thought, he was protective of Elly. Next to him was the Espeon known as Xsira, she was the one who was far more accepting. Astrid slowly reached her hand out and gently scratched both pokemon's ears.

"It is a pleasure to met both of you," She said, "I hope you continue to take care of Elly."

The young woman then continued to draw in her sketchbook. The challenger had the advantage of type, but even so, the Gym leader was a leader for a reason, he better focused on doing his best.

"Oh, it's no problem. It's always a pleasure to help those who want to learn more about pokemon," Astrid said with a smile, "I was also not familiar with the pokemon outside of Kanto and Jotho. Pokemon are something worth knowing about, and that is why I decided to travel around, to learn more about the pokemon outside my home. Battles are a way to show how much a trainer and their pokemons understand each other. "

At this point Ammy noticed that Freo was looking at her, there was something in his eyes that made her notice him.

"How may we be of assistance?" She said in pokespeak as her tails swayed from side to side, "Is there something that we may help you with?

The two Eons accepted the gentle ear scratches that Astrid provided them, Freo eyeing her hand defensively until he realised what she was trying to do.  Xsira purred and Freo simply nodded his head contentedly.

"It seems they like you," Elly replied with a sizable smile, enjoying the fact that they liked her new friend.  "That's a good reason to travel.  I don't have the same wanderlust, but I admire your decision.  Where are you from, and how long ago did you leave Kanto and Johto?  I pretty much just left, so I don't know much of this region.

Xsira listened in with her tails flexing and twirling, pleased to see that Elly was getting out of her shell for once.  Meeting Astrid was an activity that she really needed, and maybe it will lead Elly to being more social with others as a result.

Freo, on the other hand, was taken aback by Amaterasu's brace of questions and looked away in mild embarrassment, ears turning in different directions as he did so.

"Not much.  I was surprised that there was another vulpine like myself here, is all," he voiced in Pokespeak.

"Go on," egged on Xsira, who seemed to listen intently with a mischievous twinkle in her eye as she stared at Freo.

"And," he continued, giving the catlike Pokemon a dirty look, "I was wondering what your backstory is with your trainer.  Like what my trainer said, we've been together since the start.  Were you the same way?"

- Team Yami HQ - The ARK -

Nero would step into the room, looking around at what would be considered to be his generals. Those within Team Yami that stood out of their own accord. He would step up and lean against the holographic map of the region. The metal border would lead to a glass sheet with a computer beneath, combined with a machine overhead that would create the holograms needed. "Are we all here?" He asked, glancing around. "Oros, Kris, Lara?" He asked, glancing at the three generals, who merely nodded. He sighed, rubbing the back of his head. "Right, this is what we have." He said, pointing at Hyssop Town. "We have located the Champion in Hyssop Town. This should give us the chance of a distraction before he even realizes what we are doing. We already have the equipment prepared for the first Shrine. We just need one of you go ahead and take a group, set it up, attract the pokemon, and follow the instructions. If things go smoothly, we can catch the three of them and transfer them here." Nero explained, expanding the map again. "Now, who would like to volunteer for the Shrine of being?" He asked. Kris raised his hand. "I." He chimed. "This is the one where the legendary pokemon of being are, no? The legendary Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde...it sounds rather dangerous." He smirked. Nero nodded. "It is." He would look back at the map. "But if things go smoothly, and we can catch them...then the rest should merely be formalities." Nero explained. Lara would glance up. "What would be the plan, exactly?" She asked. "We will be capturing one pokemon after the other. Of course, such beings will definitely cause a ruckus. They will attract the attention of the Champion, no less. Seeing that it will take us a while to capture all three, we have to make sure that we can keep the champion and anyone else that tries to stop us at bay until we can finish the capture." He said, turning to Kris. "The other two will have your back in helping out organizing any...disturbances to keep the Champion's attention away from the shrines." Nero asked. Kris smiled and chuckled. "Sure thing! When are we allowed to leave for the Shrine of Being?" He asked. "Soon. Do be prepared." Nero asked. Oros smirked a bit. "I already have an idea to keep the Champion within Hyssop Town for a bit longer, if push comes to shove." Oros admitted. Nero chuckled. "Planning ahead as always." He mused.

"Oh, I'm from the Kanto region. I was born in the Cinnabar Island to be precise," Astrid answered, stopping her sketching for a moment, "Small place before, you know, disappearing thanks to the volcanic eruption. My parents used to work at a research lab back in the day."

Astrid was still looking towards the arena, but she scratched her cheek absentmindedly while talking about her old home.

"So yeah, that's where I'm from. What about you Elly? Are you from Kanto?" she asked the young girl.

Ammy listened to both Freo and Xsira, a little intrigued by their interaction.

"Your assumption is correct, Freo. We have been with the Lady ever since she was young, back when we were also young and had another form," Ammy answered Freo while glancing at Astrid, "We were the Lady's first companion, and we have been at at her side always. She took care of us since the very beginning, and we, in return, keep the Lady safe. If what we saw is correct, both of you also take care of your human companion."

As soon as Tassel’s Growlithe used its attack, Typhus gives his orders to his Pokémon. “Butterfree, use Double Team!” The Pokémon responds by seemingly multiplying itself around the Growlithe, with the Ember attack missing the true Butterfree. “Now, use Aerial Ace!” The Butterfree’s clones vanish, and it attempts to bash Tassel’s Growlithe. 

Meanwhile, Jake keeps an eye on the battle while simultaneously engaging a conversation with Xero. “Yes, 3’11” is the average height of most Lucario. But don’t be fooled, they may be short, but they’re heavier than you may think. If I recall correctly, average weight is 119lbs.” Utopia finishes his sub. He looks to Xero and Eon. “Well, when you face this Gym Leader, be careful. He is not a big fan of losing. We’ve had a case of him, shall I say, breaking, battle rules. There’s a hidden guard somewhere, keeping watch.”

(Apologies for the delay)

Elly smiled as she listened to Astrid talk about her home, feeling reminiscent of her home as well.  Cinnabar Island seemed like a nice place before the eruption.  Now it seemed more like a shadow of what it once was, the town upon its face covered by molten slag and quickly solidified due to its volcanic nature.  Oddly enough, she really wanted to visit there, just to see what it was like.  According to Johto tradition, however, you needed a pass to visit, with a promissory permanency if you were to beat the champion of the Johto League.  If she ended up getting stronger and better during this trip, that pass would be hers for the taking.

"I'm from Violet City of the neighboring continent, Johto," she answered, swinging her legs alternately beneath her as she spoke.  She was just short enough to have her feet barely touch the bottom of the bleachers.  "It's a nice, quiet place with plenty of forest, close enough to a big city and far enough away to enjoy the scenery.  I miss it there, but it is better for me to travel abroad and see new things, so here I am.  I call my parents every now and again, though, and some of my friends in that city."

Freo tilted his head and blinked his icy eyes somberly in confusion as he listened to Amaterasu, a question dogging his mind until he was free to speak.

"That we do, yes . . . Xsira and I are her sworn protectors, whether or not she knows it."

"I know it!" chimed out Xsira giddily, closing her eyes just to get a rise out of Freo.

"So she knows," Freo scoffed, taking the bait and shaking his head sullenly.  "However, if I may speak freely, Ammy, you kept saying 'we.'  Are you referring to your master and yourself, or are there . . . more than one of you?"

Don't be silly, Freo.  There's only one of her, pooh-poohed Xsira mentally to Freo, casting a glance at the Glaceon.

Freo ignored the commentary, instead focusing intently on Ammy and hoping for an answer.  He was well aware that it sounded odd, but he was a superstitious Pokemon, and a bit of a movie watcher, which fed into his imagination at times and caused Xsira all sorts of merriment when she played tricks on him.

((Don't worry; Youngster Joey and his super cool Rattata is not on her phone list, Elrandir.  =P ))

- Hyssop Town -

Oros would be at Hyssop Town with other Team Yami members. He played with his necklace as he stared at the GYM from afar. "The champion is still inside. He is currently watching a GYM battle." One of the members said. Oros nodded, looking over. "Do we have members along the route of the shrine?" Oros asked. The Team Yami member nodded. Oros sighed, playing with his necklace some more. "Good. We should be beginning soon, then." He said, turning to look at them. "Listen up, we have a plan. The point is to keep the champion within Hyssop Town as long as possible, the bosses working on taking care of the Shrine of Being. The process must not be interrupted, so we are going to keep the champion busy, understood?" He asked, looking over at Anna. "You will be helping me out, Anna." He smirked. "What do you say we drop by the gym and see how well the infrastructure is, alright?" He asked.

- Shrine of Being -

Team Yami had been working hard, setting up the device all around the shrine. On the outside, the contraption would seem to be a kind of cage. Nero would look around before looking back at his team. "Are we ready to head inside?" He asked. The team all nodded. "Good. Remember, we're relying on the team outside to keep watch. The team inside will be working in tandem. We will be taking turns." Nero stepped into the Shrine, walking down the stairs as his group followed. From the outside one of the members activated the contraption, the metallic stands slowly creating a surrounding shield of electricity that covered the entire area around the shrine, not letting anyone go in or go out. The same type of devices were being set up inside of the Shrine and where the legendary pokemon would appear. They had set up a whole command center inside, with cameras as they could see the three different chambers and how they were finishing up on making it perfect for the upcoming fight. "We will be using all three at the same time, sir?" One of them asked. Nero nodded. "We will begin with one, but if that stirs up the others, we have to be prepared to handle all 3 of them. Once they are weak enough, they will be liable for capture. Don't worry. Our pokemon won't be our only weapons." He reassured. There were three different chambers, for the three different pokemon. The Chamber of Time of Dialga, covered in illustrations of the pokemon's history carved into the walls, blue fire illuminating the chamber. The Chamber of Space, for Palkia, covered in carved illustrations and pink fire illuminating the chamber. The Chamber of Giratina, covered in illustration of its power as purple flames illuminated the chamber. They were ready.

Anna nodded to Oros. It was clear she wanted a go at the champion but knew she had a job to do. She couldnt stop fidgeting. “Do we wait for the battle to stop or try to trash the place?” She asked as two panchams followed her. One looking more mischevious than the other. In her hands she fiddled with the pokeball containing her sleeping Aggron. 

——————————

Lillianna had recently arrived in Hyssop town. Her travel from the northern shrine was a long one and she was thinking that heading back might be a fun trip. However she felt that she had a duty and decided to make her way towards the shine near Hyssop town. It wasnt a far trip and maybe she would find others who were on pilgrimages as well. Lilliana felt that it was a good idea to get in with a familiar crowd.

Edited by HeartOfFerria

"Oh, so you are from Jotho? I have been there a few times in the past and I have visited some of its cities," Astrid said, "I'm always interested in visiting new places, hence why I am here in the first place. I do miss my parents and my home, but the world is a big place, and there is so much to learn."
Ammy tilted her head in slight confusion at Freo's question, wondering what he meant, but then she realized what she had been doing the whole time.
"Oh, we apologize. I apologize. Ever since I was a young cub I've had the habit of speaking in what humans call the "Royal we". Back then I used to do it when I was nervous, it helped me to think better," Ammy answerd Freo, "Nowadays it is just normal for me to speak like that. I do suppose it can confuse others, such as yourself, but we suppose, I suppose, can tone it down."

(Youngster Joey is such a nice kid, and his Rattata is cool. Such a shame Elly doesn't have him on her favorite numbers.)