Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Sign in to follow this  
Leamax

Renders and screenshots of Kingdom of Corona and Hundred Acre Wood revealed

Square Enix have updated the Press Site and the Japanese site with new screenshots and character renders from Kingdom of Corona and Hundred Acre Wood along with the world icons for both worlds. Also included are two screenshots of Pete and Maleficent from Twilight Town. You can view them in our galleries below.

View full article

Three things

1) Mother Gothel at last!

2) The Honey Transformation actually looks pretty cool

3) The final screenshot of P and M is intriguing. I presume if it's listed as being in TT it's the other side to the Station Tower where the Mountains are, if that's the case I never imagined TT to have such a landscape. If this is TT it really expands upon the idea that there is more than meets the eye with the Mansion. If it's not TT, potential spoiler? 

Sooo.... the one with marluxia basically says, "the girl you are traveling with is this world's important light." Just putting that out there. We knew that they were adding 'the new 7 hearts' but this is just a confirmation.

6 hours ago, Seyin95 said:

Three things

1) Mother Gothel at last!

2) The Honey Transformation actually looks pretty cool

3) The final screenshot of P and M is intriguing. I presume if it's listed as being in TT it's the other side to the Station Tower where the Mountains are, if that's the case I never imagined TT to have such a landscape. If this is TT it really expands upon the idea that there is more than meets the eye with the Mansion. If it's not TT, potential spoiler? 

1) I know right? Is it just me or are her colors much more intensiv than in the movie? Anyway cant wait to beat this awful AWFUL woman! If there is a boss battle with her and not with a heartless that is which i hope is not.

2) It looks like pure gold! So awesome and pretty! 

3) in kh2 we could only see lots and lots of green when looking into the distance but the trees look like they could belong to a somewhat warmer climate maybe its another image from hercules world but I doubt that the tower in the background dosent look like anything I have seen before. Looks like some sort of altar maybe? My carefull guess is that its somewere in the world were lea and kairi are so maybe some sort of keyblade wielder monument? 

I'm glad they finally showed Mother Gothel and Maximus. Best characters of the movie. I do wonder if there will be a boss fight with Mother Gothel cause she's not really a fighter type. And she doesn't really have any magical powers or anything, but they could come up with something, hopefully it won't be a Frollo situation. :/ Though this does bring up the point of the Disney villians this time around, cause other than Hades, who we have fought before, and maybe Davy Jones and Randall, none of them really scream "great boss battle". Like you could punch Hans once and he will go down easily. I know this is one of the many reasons why I would love The Princess and the Frog. Or even The Jungle Book which has like three villianous characters.

Marluxia is definiately one of the organization members I am most looking forward to the most. He's great and he fits into this world perfectly. 

I'm really loving the 100 Acre Woods look. But where's Eeyore? :( There not gonna leave out my favorite character are they?

11 minutes ago, Tyranto Rex said:

I'm glad they finally showed Mother Gothel and Maximus. Best characters of the movie. I do wonder if there will be a boss fight with Mother Gothel cause she's not really a fighter type. And she doesn't really have any magical powers or anything, but they could come up with something, hopefully it won't be a Frollo situation. :/ Though this does bring up the point of the Disney villains this time around, cause other than Hades, who we have fought before, and maybe Davy Jones and Randall, none of them really scream "great boss battle". Like you could punch Hans once and he will go down easily. I know this is one of the many reasons why I would love The Princess and the Frog. Or even The Jungle Book which has like three villainous characters.

Marluxia is definitely one of the organization members I am most looking forward to the most. He's great and he fits into this world perfectly. 

I'm really loving the 100 Acre Woods look. But where's Eeyore? :( There not gonna leave out my favorite character are they?

Heck, I would love having Agrabah returning because Sa'luk could give Sora a run for a money like he did with Aladdin.  Sa'luk even took down a shark and the reminder of the forty thieves all by himself.  I really hope KH3 delivers on the Disney villains since Gothel and Hans don't seem to be the fighting types as you mentioned.

It's more than likely that we'll get stuck with fighting Marluxia/Lumarai and Larxene in place of Gothel and Hans.

12 hours ago, Seyin95 said:

5 hours ago, Dustin Lübbers said:

3) in kh2 we could only see lots and lots of green when looking into the distance but the trees look like they could belong to a somewhat warmer climate maybe its another image from hercules world but I doubt that the tower in the background dosent look like anything I have seen before. Looks like some sort of altar maybe? My carefull guess is that its somewere in the world were lea and kairi are so maybe some sort of keyblade wielder monument? 

I'm assuming you're referring to the following image:
01.png
It's not Twilight Town, Olympus, or wherever Kairi & Lea are training. The lighting and color palette suggest this is the Kingdom of Corona. The forest, mountain, and castle tower in the back also suggest this.

While I still find this one gameplay screenshot of Rapunzel creepy, I love how the rest looks. Maximus looks great in my opinion and I'm happy the animal companions get some more love this time.

Marluxia seems to have replaced the two brothers as an antagonist. At least to some degree. I actually think that may be a good thing since he will be more involved that way and won't just show up once and that's it. It would be really cool if we could constantly feel their presence in most Disney worlds as well and not have them just show up occasionally to remind us they're still there.

I think that's what most people complained about in KH2. That the original characters didn't feel that involved because they just played the worlds' stories but it had little impact on the overall plot (+SDG), except for a cameo here and there. Would be nice if it wasn't like that all of the time despite the movie plot.

Speaking for myself, I look forward to those encounters the most. Of course I also want to have the Disney aspect but I'd find it a waste of opportunity if the Disney worlds were really just for gameplay progression. Marluxia fits really well into the Kingdom of Corona, so it would be a shame to not have him appear too much. (I also want him to meet Lea again in a non-final boss territory. There was so much salt between them in CoM, it would be hilarious to have them interact again.)

48 minutes ago, Merilly said:

While I still find this one gameplay screenshot of Rapunzel creepy, I love how the rest looks. Maximus looks great in my opinion and I'm happy the animal companions get some more love this time.

Marluxia seems to have replaced the two brothers as an antagonist. At least to some degree. I actually think that may be a good thing since he will be more involved that way and won't just show up once and that's it. It would be really cool if we could constantly feel their presence in most Disney worlds as well and not have them just show up occasionally to remind us they're still there.

I think that's what most people complained about in KH2. That the original characters didn't feel that involved because they just played the worlds' stories but it had little impact on the overall plot (+SDG), except for a cameo here and there. Would be nice if it wasn't like that all of the time despite the movie plot.

Speaking for myself, I look forward to those encounters the most. Of course I also want to have the Disney aspect but I'd find it a waste of opportunity if the Disney worlds were really just for gameplay progression. Marluxia fits really well into the Kingdom of Corona, so it would be a shame to not have him appear too much. (I also want him to meet Lea again in a non-final boss territory. There was so much salt between them in CoM, it would be hilarious to have them interact again.)

I also hope Sora meeting up with Marluxia triggers some sort of recollection of the events from COM.

Wow! Marluxia is looking even better than before! Can't wait to see his finalized version by the time the game releases.
And there we are finally getting the confirmation of the awesome villain, Mother Gothel, I can't wait to see how her role is going to be when she interacts with the Heartless, Nobodies and even Marluxia. 

Kingdom of Corona looks perfect and it's probably my favorite world so far! Hope Jungle Book or Agrabah are next! 

18 hours ago, Master Keeper said:

Wow! Marluxia is looking even better than before! Can't wait to see his finalized version by the time the game releases.
And there we are finally getting the confirmation of the awesome villain, Mother Gothel, I can't wait to see how her role is going to be when she interacts with the Heartless, Nobodies and even Marluxia. 

Kingdom of Corona looks perfect and it's probably my favorite world so far! Hope Jungle Book or Agrabah are next! 

Ditto!

On 11/16/2018 at 3:38 PM, Merilly said:

Which screenshot are talking about specifically?

2 hours ago, Green Sparrow said:

Which screenshot are talking about specifically?

That one.

I dunno, her face and expression look somewhat strange in my opinion. Like one of those creepy moving dolls at some amusement parks. Might be captured at an unfortunate moment but I also thought so during the trailer.

Though I'm not worried by it. I guess you will always find strange expressions or models if you look for them (or pause at the right moment) and since she looks fine in the other screenshots, there's little to complain about. It's just a minor gameplay segment after all. I'm overall really contsnt with how the models evolved and the only thing I'm somewhat concerned about is Sora'a often expressionless face. (Which is probably also unfortunate editing...)

Edited by Merilly