Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

Translation of Tangled, Winnie the Pooh, and Twilight Town screenshots and world blurbs reveal new Water spell and minor plot elements in Kingdom Hearts III

New screenshots from the worlds of Kingdom of Corona, Hundred Acre Wood, and Twilight Town have been released, along with new information on the plot of Kingdom Hearts III in the form of cutscene subtitles and world blurbs from the official Japanese Kingdom Hearts III website!

From this information, we can confirm that:

• A new form of magic, "Water", is present in the game; this screenshot shows "Watara" in green.
  • Marluxia is helping Gothel get Rapunzel back.
  • Rapunzel is one of the new Princesses of Heart.
  • Pascal and Maximus are present in the story.
  • Sora is told by Merlin that the cover of the Winnie the Pooh book has changed, and dives into the world of the book to investigate it.
  • Pete and Maleficent have found many "black boxes", but they have turned out to be not the one they were looking for.
  • Elsa is being chased by the Heartless.
  • Luxord declares parlay to Jack Sparrow in order to talk about how he is also looking for a black box.

KH13 News Team staff Mio-chan, xionskeyblade, and NihonScribe have kindly translated them for us. They are as follow.

Kingdom of Corona (from Tangled)
<3<3<3

The setting of this world is from the movie Tangled. Rapunzel lived in a tower since she was young. She always hoped to leave and go see by herself the lights that appear every year at her birthday. She finally gather her courage, and along the way she encounters Flynn. But her mother, Gothel, goes after her. And it seems that Marluxia from Organization XIII is willing to help her. Just what is his goal…?

1.jpg.a9612b14aa60d768d5d9e9d3dc10faf7.jpg

“Agreed!”

(or "We got this!" in context)

2.thumb.jpg.0595e57143ea7351d3b869d730f2309d.jpg “Just give up.”
3.thumb.jpg.2cac6caa89555a6c6a67581ff9a61222.jpg “They are finally having their parent and child reunion, so be quiet and watch.”
4.thumb.jpg.ecd633f2a633ee25af51363d07f786c1.jpg “Her daughter, Rapunzel, is an important light to this world.”
5.thumb.jpg.0056bea9834334c21ad51581834a2b53.jpg “I’ll do anything to find it.”
11.jpg.96021e22a35f754a1ca624e6bbaaf7b9.jpg “I worry so much about you.”

(The following screenshot seems to take place in Kingdom of Corona, but it could easily be somewhere else.)

2.thumb.jpg.208a6ad590a72aa3a1794ece68c491f9.jpg "But where? We have no other choice than to follow them."

Hundred Acre Wood (from the Winnie the Pooh series)
<3<3<3

The setting of the world is from the series Winnie The Pooh. Sora, who was told by Merlin that Pooh’s book cover changed, decided to visit the 100 Acre Wood to investigate its cause. A troubled Rabbit awaited him there…

6.thumb.jpg.d97c40ebf77d4e60e024cecfa668528d.jpg “You sure love fruits, Lumpy!”
7.thumb.jpg.4da4978094afdb718f3f2f6e3f3a23fb.jpg “Rabbit has grown flowers just for Pooh’s sake, right?”
8.thumb.jpg.6c6f153ba3fb181faf17430f9050dfea.jpg “Wait! It’s not over yet. Next up, we have to harvest fruits from the garden.”
9.thumb.jpg.7ad013901f78df7cfab867c75c75e2dd.jpg “Sora, next up is the flower garden, but..”
10.thumb.jpg.044d3cd95ecf687a2527199cb130adef.jpg “… Instead of greeting me, can you tell me if you had troubles or noticed anything unusual?”

Twilight Town
<3<3<3

The town in an eternal dusk, Twilight Town. Sora went back to this town in search of Roxas, whom he considers to be his alter ego. Teaming up with friends from his previous adventures, Hayner, Pence and Olette, they are looking for clues about “the other Twilight Town”.

1.thumb.jpg.211281a26af401751d7f796c607c86d3.jpg "There’s a lot of black boxes, and all end up being the wrong one!"

Toy Box (from Toy Story)
<3<3<3

The setting of this world is from the movie Toy Story. An unexplainable incident arises in Andy’s room involving Woody and Andy’s toys. Andy and the other toys disappearance seems to add up with the Heartless arrival.

Monstropolis (from Monsters, Inc.)
<3<3<3

The setting of this world is from the movie Monsters Inc., is. Sora steps into this world and becomes a monster. Sulley and Mike explain to Sora that Monsters Inc. is ‘turning the screams of human children into energy’. But Randall, who doesn’t like Sully, involves Sora and causes problems.

Arendelle (from Frozen)
<3<3<3

The world of the movie Frozen opens with a snowy mountain, where Sora & co. are greeted by a chagrined Elsa. Sora is amazed by Elsa’s powers, but she is chased by the Heartless. As Sora tries to help her, he encounters a member of Organization XIII, Larxene.

The Caribbean (from Pirates of the Caribbean)
<3<3<3

The setting of The Caribbean is from the adventure movie, Pirates of the Caribbean. Sora, Donald, and Goofy rowing towards World’s End, meet up once again with Jack Sparrow. Jack explains that he has a chance to defeat Davy Jones and that he is in search of a box. Organization XIII member Luxord appears declaring Parley, stating that he was also looking for a box.

Olympus (from Hercules)
<3<3<3

The setting of this world is from the movie Hercules. Sora, who lost his powers and searches a way to recover them, came to this world to ask help from Hercules. Maleficent and Pete also came to this world looking for something: a box. There, they encounter Hades who wants to take revenge on Hercules…

San Fransokyo (from Big Hero 6)

Set after the movie Big Hero 6. Sora and his friends are excited to be in a big city, the likes of which Sora has never seen. There, they meet “Big Hero 6,” a group who stated that they are “protecting the city.” As they work together as a group with Sora to take down the Heartless, they encounter a strange enemy. Also, the one who stands in front of Sora is a figure donning the black coat who appears to be Riku…?

<3<3<3

View full article

Edited by Aquaberry

Awesome scans here. Thanks for translating these guys. Plus, I have a feeling there are more worlds left to be revealed. Also, it was pretty obvious that Rapunzel was going to be one of the new Seven Princess of Hearts in Kingdom Hearts 3 along with Kairi.

Edited by Movies798

38 minutes ago, ocean's rage said:

actually thinking about it the reveal of the water spell reminds of something id thought about in regards to summons

ariel is water, simba is fire, do you suppose therell be ones for blizzard and thunder as well

It would be very interesting to have Bolt as a thunder-element summon while Olaf or Elsa would end up being a blizzard-element summon 

It's disappointing that we are having 100 Acre Woods within a book one more time and probably for the same lame reasons, but I guess I am glad for the welcoming of the water spell within the series of KH after a long time, I can only hope we could reach to the "-za" level of elements to all of the magic spells 

Thank you for sharing this with us, Aquaberry!

These are all such exciting scans, and I love the world logos! I wonder if all these scans indicate a new trailer coming up soon? After all, Nomura did say that another trailer was incoming this month, so  it's not out of the realm of possibility! This is awesome! :D