Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
xionskeyblade

KHUX Translations of Kingdom Hearts Union x Main Quest update reveals a familiar face

The Kingdom Hearts Union χ[Cross] Main Quest has been updated with the reveal of a shocking character we may have seen before in previous games such as Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days.

The update also reveals Ephemer speaking to Ventus, Skuld, and Brain regarding a conversation he had with Lauriam about the data world. Below are the screenshots we have from the new update, translated by KH13's xionskeyblade, for your convenience! Click on the spoiler box to view them.

We will update with more translations, so stay tuned! 

For more KHUX updates follow us on our dedicated twitter, @KH13chi!

Spoiler

large.Dslse2mU4AETs1p.jpg.641a17be89ce36a79a4c35a087e310ca.jpg "At the time, we entered the world in the form of data."
large.DslkAimU0AAh8Mg-1.jpg.889d7680cf71d076eb6cff05db4dc0b8.jpg "Are you, Elrena?"
large.Dslrl9WU4AAjO_Y.jpg.ffecf5ab24a36af46c1fbcd713e24ec7.jpg

"Regarding your little sister......"

(Translators note: No pronouns are used, it is unclear who's related to Strelitzia.)

large.DslwLjKVAAAYS-B.jpg.9f19f395d1406251c5b60ded9de4aa95.jpg "Strelitzia, I want to hear more about her."
large.214695368_ScreenShot2018-11-22at2_56_59AM.png.769fcc216bcc6e34319dd09f074cc098.png "After the Keyblade War, everyone was recreated into the world of data that surrounds this world."
large.1266240782_ScreenShot2018-11-22at3_16_27AM.png.7e4a5539d5cb9649349a5927d7e95cd0.png "This means that everyone's data should also be recorded right?"
large.screenshot_20181226-220503.jpg.79059f997c065bc487fa6b0aaebad077.jpg
"He is Lauriam, Stelitzia's older brother."

View full article

Also, I put that and another line of dailogue from a different image but has those 2 characters in a translator and here is what they say.  THAT ONE UP TOP says ""about strelitzia. what is it?." 

There's another one

IMG_20181122_014023.png  This one says "You're Elena ?" which probably supposed to say Elenar* but the name "Elenar" doesn't exist in the Japanese language, so they probably just left out the r for larxene's somebody's name.

Edited by IAMME

First off: JFGNDOMKFNMGOJDNMGKLMSNFMM WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON!?!?!? lol

Next: I kind of like her being here, it just feels right (if not confusing). There seems to be some confusion as to who Strilitzia is the sister of: Marluxia or Larxene (I'm to tired to use their Somebody names). The phrasing is vague and could go either way. Apparently a lot of people who speak Japanese think Strilitizia is Marluxia's sister. Personally I hope she is Larxene's sister, since that would offer more story opportunities for her. Gosh, who else is from the past?...
....and that's when I realized how close the names "Brain" and "Braig" were lol

Apart from the short, actually relevant bit which prevents fans from abandoning KHUx for good, 90% of the dialogue was a poor attempt at making PvP ~*plot relevant*~ so people will stop complaining about it. They can do so however they want, I will not stop considering it an abomination.

Don't get me wrong, I like getting backstory but I feel KHUx made everything so much worse. At least up to this point. They could have separated the characters, could have come up with a story which doesn't involve time travel (the, in my opinion, most obnoxious part of the franchise since we can never be sure who is who from what time), but no, they had to drag everything to the present.

It's not like I hate KHUx, but I found it better without its ties to the present plot. And without the laws of time travel seemingly getting retconned. It would just have been better for it to have a relevance of its own and not because known characters suddenly start appearing like snowdrops in spring.

It's cool to see Larxene's original person. Lol but it's obivious that Nomura is making this up as he goes along. He's trying so hard to make Chi and Union x connected to Kingdom Hearts 3 as much as possible. Still doesn't change the fact that he retcon what Xemnas said in Dream Drop Distance. 

17 minutes ago, Movies798 said:

It's cool to see Larxene's original person. Lol but it's obivious that Nomura is making this up as he goes along. He's trying so hard to make Chi and Union x connected to Kingdom Hearts 3 as much as possible. Still doesn't change the fact that he retcon what Xemnas said in Dream Drop Distance. 

what did he say exactly? 

5 hours ago, Zeldablade7 said:

what did he say exactly? 

Xemnas said "Through weakness of body...weakness of will...or weakness of trust. Most of the original members we have chosen for the Organization were inadequate." Plus, Young Xehanort said "Thanks to you and Sora we learn not all candidates were fit for the task. But we manage to make up the difference." Both Xemnas and Young Xehanort said all the previous members Sora and Riku defeated were not good enough to become vessels and be part of the Real Organization XIII. But in the KH3 trailers we see two traitors Marluxia and Larxene, and we see two weaklings Vexen and Demyx as potential members of the Real Organization XIII.

I know I'm just repeating myself, but I do still really wish they kept Union Cross it's own thing. Like it's OK to do that sometimes. You can just have a spinoff game that does little to tie into the main storyline. It could drop a few hints or something sometimes, but not be needed to understand what's going on in the next game. Like you finally get all the games on one system and one collection so people can more understand it, but then you add stuff to a mobile game that not everyone can play and add stuff that's apparently important to KH3. All I can hope for now is that it's not too relivent to the main plot of KH3.

2 minutes ago, Tyranto Rex said:

I know I'm just repeating myself, but I do still really wish they kept Union Cross it's own thing. Like it's OK to do that sometimes. You can just have a spinoff game that does little to tie into the main storyline. It could drop a few hints or something sometimes, but not be needed to understand what's going on in the next game. Like you finally get all the games on one system and one collection so people can more understand it, but then you add stuff to a mobile game that not everyone can play and add stuff that's apparently important to KH3. All I can hope for now is that it's not too relivent to the main plot of KH3.

I'm not sure it will be that relevant to KH3. I think most of KHUx is setting the stage for what comes after because at the speed they're going, not a lot can happen anymore before its release. Unless they suddenly decide to change the pace. It took them 13 months to update the main plot after all. If it really was so necessary for KH3, I think they wouldn't have wasted so much time on fillers.

Other than that, I agree with you completely. The game would have been interesting enough on its own if they actually put work into this. The characters were loveable on their own without needing to be connected to known characters and it would have been better if they had remained in the past, as the complete backstory of the mysterious Keyblade War. It would be fine to see remnants in the later games but that should have been it. No strange data, sleeping worlds, time travel or whatever is even going on anymore in that mobile game (coming from a person who is playing daily ever since its JP release). Just let people die and stay dead in this case if the story took place such a long time ago. Nothing wrong with the Dandelions facing their share of problems after the war rebuilding things and then dying of old age for example.

I just don't see a necessity for the whole time travel aspect yet and Chi has been running for years now, regardless of name changes.

Thanks for sharing this with us, xionskeyblade!

Holy dang, as if things couldn't get any crazier, now this happens! Larxene is also from the Age Of Fairy Tales!? Gahhhh!!!! X_X

So, Elrena is her real name, eh? This is most interesting, and she seems to be very docile here compared to her hostile self in Chain Of Memories...very interesting...

Now all that's left is to clear the air on whether Strelitzia is Lauriam's or Elrena's little sister!

On 11/23/2018 at 2:09 AM, Merilly said:

I'm not sure it will be that relevant to KH3. I think most of KHUx is setting the stage for what comes after because at the speed they're going, not a lot can happen anymore before its release. Unless they suddenly decide to change the pace. It took them 13 months to update the main plot after all. If it really was so necessary for KH3, I think they wouldn't have wasted so much time on fillers.

I agree. I definitely think KH3 will have some connections to KHUX (that scene with Chirithy in the WInnie the Pooh trailer kinda proved that) but I don't think KHUX will be super relevant to KH3. I think most of the connections will be more of a wink-wink kind of thing, where if you played KHUX it adds a cool new level to the experience but if not then you're not really missing anything. Kind of like the novels in the Mass Effect series: if you read them, you can understand the various references in the actual games, but at the same time they're not relevant enough to the story to confuse people who didn't read the books. I personally love the inclusion of Marluxia's and Larxene's somebodies being present during KHUX. It certainly isn't something I expected and I think it adds a whole new air of mystery to the characters.

The time travel theory doesn't really bother me either, at least not right now. We still don't have a canonical explanation for KHUX's weird plot and timeline, so maybe it's not time travel at all but something else. But even if it is time travel, KH3D had time travel as well and that didn't bother me either. But at the same time, I can understand why other people might not like this.

On the whole, I love this reveal. It makes me excited to finally have some idea of where Marluxia and Larxene came from and what their respective histories are like. I kind of prefer this reveal rather than just some thrown in explanation about where they came from in KH3. But anyway, this is all just my opinion.

On 12/12/2018 at 9:21 PM, Allwil13 said:

I agree. I definitely think KH3 will have some connections to KHUX (that scene with Chirithy in the WInnie the Pooh trailer kinda proved that) but I don't think KHUX will be super relevant to KH3. I think most of the connections will be more of a wink-wink kind of thing, where if you played KHUX it adds a cool new level to the experience but if not then you're not really missing anything. Kind of like the novels in the Mass Effect series: if you read them, you can understand the various references in the actual games, but at the same time they're not relevant enough to the story to confuse people who didn't read the books. I personally love the inclusion of Marluxia's and Larxene's somebodies being present during KHUX. It certainly isn't something I expected and I think it adds a whole new air of mystery to the characters.

The time travel theory doesn't really bother me either, at least not right now. We still don't have a canonical explanation for KHUX's weird plot and timeline, so maybe it's not time travel at all but something else. But even if it is time travel, KH3D had time travel as well and that didn't bother me either. But at the same time, I can understand why other people might not like this.

On the whole, I love this reveal. It makes me excited to finally have some idea of where Marluxia and Larxene came from and what their respective histories are like. I kind of prefer this reveal rather than just some thrown in explanation about where they came from in KH3. But anyway, this is all just my opinion.

I wonder if they will do the same thing with Luxord and Demyx.

Just now, ienzo628 said:

I wonder if they will do the same thing with Luxord and Demyx.

I feel like it could go either way with those two. Marluxia and Larxene were the last ones to join the Organization before Roxas, and before them it was Demyx and Luxord. So Luxord and Demyx could have been from the KHUX era, or they could have been two more people from Radiant Garden or a different world. Personally, I'm hoping for the latter.

2 minutes ago, Allwil13 said:

I feel like it could go either way with those two. Marluxia and Larxene were the last ones to join the Organization before Roxas, and before them it was Demyx and Luxord. So Luxord and Demyx could have been from the KHUX era, or they could have been two more people from Radiant Garden or a different world. Personally, I'm hoping for the latter.

Also, Xigbar was the one to find Marluxia and he couldn't quite pronounce the guy's name.  I wonder the two traitors came into the fold.