Sign in to follow this  
Aquaberry

Kingdom Hearts III announced for The Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia; disk art and artbook cover officially revealed

Recommended Posts

Sony Interactive Entertainment Hong Kong Limited Singapore Branch (SIES) have announced that the English version of Kingdom Hearts III will release in The Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia on January 29, 2019! This includes the Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition for The Philippines, while the other countries will also be getting the Standard Digital Edition and the All-In-One Package.

This follows the announcement of Kingdom Hearts III and the PlayStation 4 Pro KH3 Limited Edition coming to China (including Taiwan and Hong Kong). Here the game will be available in both English, Japanese, and Chinese versions.

For full product specification and prices in The Philippines, see here; in Singapore, see here; in Malaysia, see here; in Indonesia, click here.

With this announcement, they have also officially revealed the Kingdom Hearts III disk art and artbook cover, which was posted on social media earlier today. You can see it in high definition below.

large.1.png.65942e749844120392640a9dd83830c1.png


View full article

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like the standard Bluray case will be bundled with the collector editions of KH3. Nice. (Seriously, why the steelbook is so blend ?)

Now, let's hope the PS4 Pro will be announced worldwide. That'll make the perfect excuse for me to get a PS4 Pro.

Nice artbook cover tho. I love these KH1 title screen throwbacks. (Now, I hope the artbook won't be as... "eh..." as the HD ReMIX ones. Release a real artbook please.)

Edited by Cyberos000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cyberos000 said:

Looks like the standard Bluray case will be bundled with the collector editions of KH3. Nice. (Seriously, why the steelbook is so blend ?)

Now, let's hope the PS4 Pro will be announced worldwide. That'll make the perfect excuse for me to get a PS4 Pro.

Nice artbook cover tho. I love these KH1 title screen throwbacks. (Now, I hope the artbook won't be as... "eh..." as the HD ReMIX ones. Release a real artbook please.)

Yes, someone asked to Square directly and they answered that the regular box and art will be bundled along with the steelbook and else.

I would so much love to get this thing if it wasn't that I have no that much money and I live outside the USA so it's kinda difficult to try and get it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cyberos000 said:

Looks like the standard Bluray case will be bundled with the collector editions of KH3. Nice. (Seriously, why the steelbook is so blend ?)

Now, let's hope the PS4 Pro will be announced worldwide. That'll make the perfect excuse for me to get a PS4 Pro.

Nice artbook cover tho. I love these KH1 title screen throwbacks. (Now, I hope the artbook won't be as... "eh..." as the HD ReMIX ones. Release a real artbook please.)

From the looks of it, the artbook likely won't be that great. Good artbooks usually start at around 20$ and this one looks rather small with few pages. I sincerely hope I am wrong but my expectations are fairly low.

I'm hoping that they actually announce a proper artbook for purchase at some point in the future with loads of concept art and comments from all games, but it's just a dream so far. The closest we got are the Ultimanias (and that one dedicated to the manga adaption), but even those usually only have a few and not full pages but several pressed into one page.

The PS4 Pro may not come to Europe, though I hope it will be a worldwide thing. I don't plan on purchasing it since these type of limited editions tend to be really expensive and skins are much cheaper, but I still want it to be available for those who want one.

Edited by Merilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Merilly said:

From the looks of it, the artbook likely won't be that great. Good artbooks usually start at around 20$ and this one looks rather small with few pages. I sincerely hope I am wrong but my expectations are fairly low.

I'm hoping that they actually announce a proper artbook for purchase at some point in the future with loads of concept art and comments from all games, but it's just a dream so far. The closest we got are the Ultimanias (and that one dedicated to the manga adaption), but even those usually only have a few and not full pages but several pressed into one page.

The PS4 Pro may not come to Europe, though I hope it will be a worldwide thing. I don't plan on purchasing it since these type of limited editions tend to be really expensive and skins are much cheaper, but I still want it to be available for those who want one.

They released artbook for Nier Automata, (several for N:A even) Dragon's Quest XI, Final Fantasy XV. (even though these two were collectors exclusive) Why the heck can't we have a 200 pages artbook for Kingdom Hearts. No, I want a complete serie artbook, covering all the Kingdom Hearts games.

I don't know, maybe the "Disney" factor plays a role.

The manga based Kingdom Hearts artbook is quite good, I own it, but it got two problems : 1- No 358/2 Days artworks (I guess it has been originaly printed when this manga wasn't released) and, 2 -Some of the art are shinked down to a ridiculous degree. I'm hoping for a new manga artbook, which would include additional art from 358/2 and previous mangas, but since the manga serie stopped completely... *sigh*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Cyberos000 said:

They released artbook for Nier Automata, (several for N:A even) Dragon's Quest XI, Final Fantasy XV. (even though these two were collectors exclusive) Why the heck can't we have a 200 pages artbook for Kingdom Hearts. No, I want a complete serie artbook, covering all the Kingdom Hearts games.

I don't know, maybe the "Disney" factor plays a role.

The manga based Kingdom Hearts artbook is quite good, I own it, but it got two problems : 1- No 358/2 Days artworks (I guess it has been originaly printed when this manga wasn't released) and, 2 -Some of the art are shinked down to a ridiculous degree. I'm hoping for a new manga artbook, which would include additional art from 358/2 and previous mangas, but since the manga serie stopped completely... *sigh*

 

That's probably a factor, too. The Ultimanias are handled as guides but an artbook... There may be issues with licensing. I believe DreamWorks is more invested in these types of merchandise than Disney. Truly a shame...

I own so many artbooks and I love most of them. (The only exception was one where only finished material was in without any commentary at all and for that, I don't need a book...) I think the franchise is big enough too, especially when smaller games also get them nowadays. It would be so good to actually have a proper artbook. It doesn't even need to focus on one game only. The Legend of Zelda also collected a large variety of games in Hyrule Historia and sold it for 25$. I wouldn't mind seeing something similar for KH and I'm sure many fans would buy it, even if if costs a little more.

It's not even that uncommon to have artbooks anymore. Back in the day it wasn't as popular but nowadays there are so many and they sell fairly well. (Otherwise there wouldn't be so many.)

The manga one was nice, though I would have liked to see more sketches. I personally enjoy these types of artbooks which show how things were developed, stuff the people normally wouldn't see, and not only a collection of finished products.

Days wasn't in the book because as far as I'm aware, it wasn't published yet at the time. I bought that book roughly eleven years ago at one of my first conventions and I believe the Days manga came later. I would have liked to see more of it too because the manga was hilarious.

Edited by Merilly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow I notice two things in that picture. First I notice the new Frozen Keyblade and it looks really dope. And two I notice that on the disc and artbook cover Sora is eating a paopu fruit. Could be meaning and foreshadow in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Edited by Movies798

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this