Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

New Kingdom Hearts III trailer, DLC announcement, and Twitch Prime members exclusive to be revealed on Amazon Games' Cyber Monday livestream

Amazon Games have just announced a new Kingdom Hearts III trailer will be debuted on their Cyber Monday stream on November 26, 2018, starting at 1 PM PST! They added that they will also make a DLC announcement and reveal an exclusive bonus for Twitch Prime members!

You will be able to watch their stream here.

2139168134_ScreenShot2018-11-23at20_03_07.thumb.png.b7b570be3e2abaf79e7ef22c5d77e7fd.png

View full article

6 minutes ago, Rob said:

They're really going to announce an Amazon world. Sora and co. get hired by Amazon and deliver items to customers homes. Then he has to fight a snowstorm heartless/nobody/unversed thats delaying his delivery and many more things.

I am digging this!!! like delivery minigame in KH2 but better! 

They clearly used a marketing trick to get people to watch this stream ontop of the Cyber Monday stream. All they said was that there was an announcement and they technically did deliver. What I don't get is why they front loaded the Monday KH3 announcement instead of save it for the end. At least that would have made sense annoying though that choice may be. I didn't even watch the stream because I got the time wrong and simply skimmed through HMK's twitch stream and I could tell it was a stream not worth watching. Its a typical scummy marketing tactic played on the Kingdom Hearts community nothing more nothing less

21 minutes ago, hawk222 said:

Thought they said it was gonna be on Friday's stream. You jerks! Stop changing the date!

They didn't say that as far as I'm aware. The picture shows both dates and doesn't specify which stream the announcement would occur in. So technically, they've been honest. It's still somewhat cheap promotion to get people to watch both, but it could be worse.

The stream was fairly boring otherwise so far. I think the presentation was rather dull and didn't look like they prepared themselves that well. I'm also not too fond of announcing DLC before the game is even out and hope it really will be something mostly inconsequential.

But it's interesting that the Together trailer apparently did not count as a trailer since they said there would be one more left for this month before that.

It's on my birthday! I hope I'll get the chance to see it! 

4 hours ago, KingdomHearts3 said:

Another new KH3 trailer. Has anyone’s head exploded from so many unbelievable trailers? I bet we STILL have barely scratched the surface.

I think I can hang in there for one more trailer this month. I don't feel fully recovered from the last few trailers. Lol 

Edited by RikuFangirl2008

1 hour ago, KingdomHearts3 said:

Another new KH3 trailer. Has anyone’s head exploded from so many unbelievable trailers? I bet we STILL have barely scratched the surface.

it's hard to believe they are scratching the surface in the KH3 trailers, but I still trust SE 

Not complaining about a new trailer, however I'm hoping the DLC is merely an Amazon keyblade or some skin variation. Anything major prior release and the 'development has finished' message appears diminishes. I'm intrigued what will be shown and what information will be presented. That being said, I do agree with people's reservations here.

So, they're finally gonna announce paid DLCs for Kingdom Hearts 3 heh ? Hope these are worth it. Like new worlds or something, with a super duper mega secret boss. Or a "Final mix" content upgrade. But since it is DLC, it can't be tied to the main storyline. Isn't a second character supposed to be playable ? Maybe they'll add playable side stories.

And what about this "Twitch Prime exclusive" thing ? I feel like European players are going to be screwed.

Edited by Cyberos000

15 hours ago, Rob said:

They're really going to announce an Amazon world. Sora and co. get hired by Amazon and deliver items to customers homes. Then he has to fight a snowstorm heartless/nobody/unversed thats delaying his delivery and many more things.

and than he gets a keyblade that allows him to get prices off :P

While I'm excited about the trailer, the other things I'm a little iffy on. I expected DLC but it depends on what the DLC is (and how expensive it's gonna be). I really do hope the whole game is finished. And whatever DLC comes it's mostly like a final mix deal. I would be OK if they added either new worlds or a campaign for another playable character if it's either free or not expensive.

Edited by Tyranto Rex

I'm... quite surprised. Not by anything that was announced or what will be announced, but by the community here. Yes, a popular video game is going to have (probably) paid DLC to get more money out of the fanbase. Yes, it is likely there will be exclusive deals done with realtors. KH3 is not some pure piece of art. It is a AAA game like all the rest. Look at both Square and Disney, and do you think KH3 was going to be released without being dirty?

16 minutes ago, Green Sparrow said:

I'm... quite surprised. Not by anything that was announced or what will be announced, but by the community here. Yes, a popular video game is going to have (probably) paid DLC to get more money out of the fanbase. Yes, it is likely there will be exclusive deals done with realtors. KH3 is not some pure piece of art. It is a AAA game like all the rest. Look at both Square and Disney, and do you think KH3 was going to be released without being dirty?

I'm personally not upset by DLC itself. While not a fan of them, it's often somewhat necessary. But then I also think of other franchises which manage without paid DLC and can't help but compare. For example, the newest God of War also is an AAA title and the director flat-out refused DLC (except for a NG+ and the usual patches, which were all free), saying everything else will be saved for future games.

Of course KH is different, and there's probably a lot more to tell and many more possibilities to explore, but I'm personally fairly opposed to announcing DLC, especially paid ones, before a game is even out. If it's only cosmetic, I couldn't care less but imagine if it was plot relevant. That's basically telling the player that they couldn't finish and include what they wanted to and pay again to get the full experience. Before the game is even released.

Another thing is that developing DLC also prevents a portion of the staff to work on new titles. For a series that's meant to continue and with Nomura going to focus on FFVIIR, just working on DLC feels time-consuming.

I'm not condemning all DLC. I just don't want to get any story parts delivered later for more money in a plot-driven game. In that regard, I miss the time where games were done when published.

For example, I wouldn't mind a sort of costume DLC where you can customize Sora or even a multiplayer mode down the road. Nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with companies wanting to make money either. But I feel there's a limit to what can be accepted.

Nomura said he had no plans for a season pass and would rather release DLC as a bulk, but what SE or Disney want to do is a different matter. I don't take it as an insult to desire profit but trying to milk people for parts of the story that should have been included from the get-go, and for a considerable amount of money too, is questionable.

I'm not saying it will definitely happen to KH and I don't think all DLC is evil, it can expand a game and enrich the experience quite nicely if done correctly, but quite a few games had the issue of presenting you a very limited main game for 70$ and then expecting you to pay the rest separately. And people pay because they want to know the rest. A lot. 15$ for a one hour enjoyment is a lot in the gaming industry.

That's why people are wary of such an announcement this early after development has come to a close. Nomura said pretty early they couldn't rule out DLC, which isn't bad on its own, but we'll have to see what this actually results in. I've seen people say they'd rather wait a year until everything is out and wait for a version with all DLC included in order to get the complete experience. Might be drastic, but it also would save money if it became really bad.

I agree with you on the part that the community shouldn't be surprised if it happens. But complaining about things together as a community can also change things if it becomes too drastic. Speaking for myself, I'm just skeptical of the timing. I'd rather they let people experience the game first instead of holding their hand out before it's playable. There's a difference between being dirty and downright corrupted to the core after all.

If someone was new to the franchise, they might be put off by the possibility of paid DLC before release, especially if they're in their early teens and can't just buy DLC on their own. (Even the cards with credit for the PSN are USK 18 here.)

2 hours ago, Merilly said:

I'm personally not upset by DLC itself. While not a fan of them, it's often somewhat necessary. But then I also think of other franchises which manage without paid DLC and can't help but compare. For example, the newest God of War also is an AAA title and the director flat-out refused DLC (except for a NG+ and the usual patches, which were all free), saying everything else will be saved for future games.

Of course KH is different, and there's probably a lot more to tell and many more possibilities to explore, but I'm personally fairly opposed to announcing DLC, especially paid ones, before a game is even out. If it's only cosmetic, I couldn't care less but imagine if it was plot relevant. That's basically telling the player that they couldn't finish and include what they wanted to and pay again to get the full experience. Before the game is even released.

Another thing is that developing DLC also prevents a portion of the staff to work on new titles. For a series that's meant to continue and with Nomura going to focus on FFVIIR, just working on DLC feels time-consuming.

I'm not condemning all DLC. I just don't want to get any story parts delivered later for more money in a plot-driven game. In that regard, I miss the time where games were done when published.

For example, I wouldn't mind a sort of costume DLC where you can customize Sora or even a multiplayer mode down the road. Nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with companies wanting to make money either. But I feel there's a limit to what can be accepted.

Nomura said he had no plans for a season pass and would rather release DLC as a bulk, but what SE or Disney want to do is a different matter. I don't take it as an insult to desire profit but trying to milk people for parts of the story that should have been included from the get-go, and for a considerable amount of money too, is questionable.

I'm not saying it will definitely happen to KH and I don't think all DLC is evil, it can expand a game and enrich the experience quite nicely if done correctly, but quite a few games had the issue of presenting you a very limited main game for 70$ and then expecting you to pay the rest separately. And people pay because they want to know the rest. A lot. 15$ for a one hour enjoyment is a lot in the gaming industry.

That's why people are wary of such an announcement this early after development has come to a close. Nomura said pretty early they couldn't rule out DLC, which isn't bad on its own, but we'll have to see what this actually results in. I've seen people say they'd rather wait a year until everything is out and wait for a version with all DLC included in order to get the complete experience. Might be drastic, but it also would save money if it became really bad.

I agree with you on the part that the community shouldn't be surprised if it happens. But complaining about things together as a community can also change things if it becomes too drastic. Speaking for myself, I'm just skeptical of the timing. I'd rather they let people experience the game first instead of holding their hand out before it's playable. There's a difference between being dirty and downright corrupted to the core after all.

If someone was new to the franchise, they might be put off by the possibility of paid DLC before release, especially if they're in their early teens and can't just buy DLC on their own. (Even the cards with credit for the PSN are USK 18 here.)

Not just teens new to the series but also adults that have never owned a PS4 and aren't in the most stable of financial situations to actually afford a DLC.

12 hours ago, Awesome Sauce said:

Another trailer already?

Square should really calm down.

Yes, they really should. It starts to annoy me. Soon they are going to show almost everything

8 hours ago, Chozé Freedom Svoboda said:

Yes, they really should. It starts to annoy me. Soon they are going to show almost everything

I think if SE is showing this much content for kingdom hearts 3, it could mean they have a lot of surprises they will leave for the game. At the end, we don't know much of kingdom hearts 3, in fact, we are only getting a very small slice of it. The trailers seem to be showing a lot, but just watch when the game releases, we'll release that we didn't know anything until we played it. Trailers are called trailers for a reason, no matter how many there are. 

Edited by Zeldablade7