Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Aquaberry

New Kingdom Hearts III trailer, DLC announcement, and Twitch Prime members exclusive to be revealed on Amazon Games' Cyber Monday livestream

4 hours ago, Zeldablade7 said:

I think if SE is showing this much content for kingdom hearts 3, it could mean they have a lot of surprises they will leave for the game. At the end, we don't know much of kingdom hearts 3, in fact, we are only getting a very small slice of it. The trailers seem to be showing a lot, but just watch when the game releases, we'll release that we didn't know anything until we played it. Trailers are called trailers for a reason, no matter how many there are. 

I hope you're right.  I still can't wait to the trailer comes out.  Though knowing me, I'd likely be disappointed just like how I've been for the past KH3 trailers. 

14 minutes ago, sora9999 said:

I have a feeling that it will be a  trailer for a new world and that the world will be based on the princess and the frog

We'll just have to wait and see at the end of the day. 

Thanks for sharing this information with us, Aquaberry!

How exciting! I can't wait to see tomorrow's new trailer! I wonder if it'll be a short trailer or a new world reveal!? Either way, I can't wait, I'm just so excited! :D

Also, I believe that the DLC announcement we'll get will probably be a multiplayer mode! Like the Mirage Arena, but more in depth!

On 11/24/2018 at 7:39 PM, Merilly said:

I'm personally not upset by DLC itself. While not a fan of them, it's often somewhat necessary. But then I also think of other franchises which manage without paid DLC and can't help but compare. For example, the newest God of War also is an AAA title and the director flat-out refused DLC (except for a NG+ and the usual patches, which were all free), saying everything else will be saved for future games.

Of course KH is different, and there's probably a lot more to tell and many more possibilities to explore, but I'm personally fairly opposed to announcing DLC, especially paid ones, before a game is even out. If it's only cosmetic, I couldn't care less but imagine if it was plot relevant. That's basically telling the player that they couldn't finish and include what they wanted to and pay again to get the full experience. Before the game is even released.

Another thing is that developing DLC also prevents a portion of the staff to work on new titles. For a series that's meant to continue and with Nomura going to focus on FFVIIR, just working on DLC feels time-consuming.

I'm not condemning all DLC. I just don't want to get any story parts delivered later for more money in a plot-driven game. In that regard, I miss the time where games were done when published.

For example, I wouldn't mind a sort of costume DLC where you can customize Sora or even a multiplayer mode down the road. Nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with companies wanting to make money either. But I feel there's a limit to what can be accepted.

Nomura said he had no plans for a season pass and would rather release DLC as a bulk, but what SE or Disney want to do is a different matter. I don't take it as an insult to desire profit but trying to milk people for parts of the story that should have been included from the get-go, and for a considerable amount of money too, is questionable.

I'm not saying it will definitely happen to KH and I don't think all DLC is evil, it can expand a game and enrich the experience quite nicely if done correctly, but quite a few games had the issue of presenting you a very limited main game for 70$ and then expecting you to pay the rest separately. And people pay because they want to know the rest. A lot. 15$ for a one hour enjoyment is a lot in the gaming industry.

That's why people are wary of such an announcement this early after development has come to a close. Nomura said pretty early they couldn't rule out DLC, which isn't bad on its own, but we'll have to see what this actually results in. I've seen people say they'd rather wait a year until everything is out and wait for a version with all DLC included in order to get the complete experience. Might be drastic, but it also would save money if it became really bad.

I agree with you on the part that the community shouldn't be surprised if it happens. But complaining about things together as a community can also change things if it becomes too drastic. Speaking for myself, I'm just skeptical of the timing. I'd rather they let people experience the game first instead of holding their hand out before it's playable. There's a difference between being dirty and downright corrupted to the core after all.

If someone was new to the franchise, they might be put off by the possibility of paid DLC before release, especially if they're in their early teens and can't just buy DLC on their own. (Even the cards with credit for the PSN are USK 18 here.)

We pretty have the same view on DLC (it shouldn't have BIG story elements, not announced before release, etc.), but I also think it depends on the game, pricing, and community. Final Fantasy XV, Spider-Man PS4, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate all had DLC announced shortly before release with different results. People were hesitant with 15's announcement, but overall seemed pleased with the content. People were uneasy with Spidey's announcement and(so far) receptions seems to be mixed at best. Recently Smash announced a season pass and people couldn't throw money at their screens fast enough lol Some of these DLCs should/could have been in the main game, but other bits are just nice extra things to keep the hype going.

I also agree that I would prefer the team to work on something new instead of DLC, but what does that mean in this situation? What exactly happens to the Osaka/KH team when Nomura leaves to focus on Final Fantasy 7 Remake? Personally I want Nomura to focus solely on FF7R, but that remake is going to take a good chunk of time, so what is the KH team to do until he returns? Working on DLC could be a good way of keeping the team together until final decisions are made.

1 hour ago, Green Sparrow said:

We pretty have the same view on DLC (it shouldn't have BIG story elements, not announced before release, etc.), but I also think it depends on the game, pricing, and community. Final Fantasy XV, Spider-Man PS4, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate all had DLC announced shortly before release with different results. People were hesitant with 15's announcement, but overall seemed pleased with the content. People were uneasy with Spidey's announcement and(so far) receptions seems to be mixed at best. Recently Smash announced a season pass and people couldn't throw money at their screens fast enough lol Some of these DLCs should/could have been in the main game, but other bits are just nice extra things to keep the hype going.

I also agree that I would prefer the team to work on something new instead of DLC, but what does that mean in this situation? What exactly happens to the Osaka/KH team when Nomura leaves to focus on Final Fantasy 7 Remake? Personally I want Nomura to focus solely on FF7R, but that remake is going to take a good chunk of time, so what is the KH team to do until he returns? Working on DLC could be a good way of keeping the team together until final decisions are made.

I think people also have become too used to DLC and let a lot slip even though it isn't right. FFXV tried to patch up the holes by resorting to DLC and quite frankly, that's not acceptable in my opinion. Yes, the content itself was good but it hardly excuses the flawed main game. The circumstances of its development were hell  and they couldn't wait any longer but it's no secret that the game wasn't done when they threw it on the market. It was a decent game and the DLC was enjoyable but how it came to be was far from supportable if you see the whole picture.

Nintendo is a special case, too. A lot of their games are fueled by nostalgia. Not all of them are bad but they're also recycling a lot of ideas to the point where you're basically playing the same game with a few changes and little story. If that's what people want, I will hardly deny them the pleasure, but criticism toward their practices often isn't well-received. Their paid online services are a good example. Now, I'm not saying they shouldn't be paid but the service is flawed and every bit of money is wasted if the thing you pay for can't be used. But they're not the only ones, so everything is suddenly alright. Same for Smash Ultimate. But yeah, let them do whatever they want. xD

I'm not going to turn this into a rant about the gaming industry and what's wrong with its development, but recently, it felt like they're focusing too much on DLC instead of focusing on new games in favor of easy money. 

I can also understand that people are reluctant to have Nomura work on FFVIIR first because that will potentially take a long time without something new for KH to come soon. I'm just not sure if I want story bits to be delivered for years to come. At some point, I would like KH3 to be finished because Nomura won't be able to oversee the DLC anymore either. And the people behind the DLC could also work on something else. There's no need for them to only work on KH but they could work on a smaller title instead. Of course there's the chance they might become detached from the franchise, but it could also give them a new perspective.

I think Nomura once said he wants people to enjoy the game for years to come, but you can achieve that without too much DLC. A few I can live with but at some point, it might become listless. KH will probably always have more things to tell, more perspectives to explore, and so on, but I also wouldn't mind if it's just done at some point and not trying to bridge the gap between release and Nomura's return to the franchise too frantically. Especially because he can't be there all the time anymore if he wants to focus on FFVIIR.

So yeah, I agree with you that the reactions tend to be mixed but I think that in the end, people will feel more inclined to purchase DLC if the base game is good. And I agree with you on the points you mentioned. It really depends on the amount and how they use it. It can have positive aspects and making money is not the main issue as long as you feel like you get what you pay for.

22 hours ago, Zeldablade7 said:

I think if SE is showing this much content for kingdom hearts 3, it could mean they have a lot of surprises they will leave for the game. At the end, we don't know much of kingdom hearts 3, in fact, we are only getting a very small slice of it. The trailers seem to be showing a lot, but just watch when the game releases, we'll release that we didn't know anything until we played it. Trailers are called trailers for a reason, no matter how many there are. 

We'll just have to wait and see.

I've been thinking about what's gonna come after KH3. With Nomura going to focus more on the Final Fantasy remake, a new saga apparently beginning, with the switch coming out handhelds are probably gonna die out so I don't know what that means for the none numbered titles. Are they just gonna start working on 4 or are they gonna focus on DLC for Kingdom Hearts 3? Or KHUX?

39 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

When can we expect the new trailer in Europe's time of day and night?

I would say an hour starting from now sow same time as the previous stream.

52 minutes ago, Iamkingdomhearts1000 said:

When can we expect the new trailer in Europe's time of day and night?

It starts in two hours. If you want to know exactly for your timezone (since not all of Europe shares the same), I'd google "PST now". Then it shows you the time it currently is in that zone. Calculate the difference between your current time and that one and then substract/add it from/to 1pm PST. 

For example, Germany is 9 hours "ahead" since it's currently 11:09am in PST format and 20:09 (8pm) in my own time zone. So 13:00 (1pm)+9 hours would be 22:00 (10pm) for me.

Edited by Merilly

I wasn't even expecting much anything but LMAO. What a bait. Who came up with this (unless they really were supposed to show something else but I doubt it)?

I mean I'm not even angry, just laughing at how dumb that was. xDDD But that sure isn't a good way to get people to buy KH3 from you Amazon...

Just now, littleTSUBAME said:

I wasn't even expecting much anything but LMAO. What a bait. Who came up with this (unless they really were supposed to show something else but I doubt it)?

I mean I'm not even angry, just laughing at how dumb that was. xDDD But that sure isn't a good way to get people to buy KH3 from you Amazon...

How is that even classified as a trailer lol.

Big joke and waste of time. Amazon made a huge freaking deal out of this and it's gonna backfire big time because not only was there literally not a new trailer, but the DLC is garbage and 500 bits, seriously!? Who the hell wants 500 bits for Twitch!?

So I'm watching the trailer again, and starting at 1:10 or so, the music sounds like a take on the Dissidia main theme? Is this a pre-existing version that anyone recognizes (the theme's been remixed like a dozen times in only three games), or is it new to the trailer?

If it is from KH3, I can't imagine how it would be used.