Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
KHWaterBlock

Alyson Stoner comments on voicing Kairi in Kingdom Hearts III: "This was the most fun out of all of them...You'll see why!"

On her most recent YouTube video, Alyson Stoner replied to some fan comments asking questions about her career and personal life. One of these comments, made by the user jurdinb, asked her, "How was it voice acting Kairi in Kingdom Hearts III?" Alyson replied, "Incredible, as always!!! This was the most fun out of all of them, definitely. You'll see why!"

ddawd.PNG.9a7bd5469f60f30c18c19358636bb274.PNG

Alyson Stoner is known for her voice work as Kairi in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, Xion in Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, and most recently as Kairi in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-.

Are you excited to hear her reprise this role in Kingdom Hearts III?

View full article

I always preferred Hayden Panettiere, myself. I find Allyson Stoner doesn't have much emotion when she's voice acting. Just my opinion, but I find Hayden to be a better fit. But obviously Hayden is no longer connected to the series for some reason. She didn't record any new stuff for the collections, so her last true involvement was in the original KH3D back in 2012.

Love Alyson Stoner to the moon and back but No. Unfortunately I cannot get excited about this when Disney and SquareEnix completely blindsided and disrespected Hayden Panettiere. They never even asked the woman if she was willing to come back for KHIII that is NEVER okay. Now I'm starting to worry about David Gallagher and Jesse McCartney. Neither of them have been confirmed to reprise their roles as Riku, Ventus and Roxas respectfully for KHIII.

Even though I like Alyson's voice work I would have preferred to have Hayden as well. I was comparing both voices and they do sound alike, the big difference is that Hayden shaped Kairi with a sweet, calmed voice whilst Alyson made her sound a bit more cheerful and energetic, something added due to a higher pitched tone of voice, this just made the character lose a bit of nature to what we were used to and hence it was the reason many didn't like it. I say we have to see more in the actual game to give a straight answer and decide if Alyson did it well or not. I guess we'll see soon enough.

As much as I love Hayden taking on the role. I actually feel like Alyson suits Kairi's overall character archetype more. She was meant to be a bit spunky, energetic, and sweet all at one time. In all honesty, Alyson delivers on that front where Hayden never could. 

1 hour ago, RikuFangirl2008 said:

Thank you!!

Yeah, I like more Hayden's voice, but I am still looking forward to hear more work and lines from Alyson

Edited by Mio-chan

14 hours ago, Movies798 said:

Firetrucking bulls**t! Worse casting news in my opinion! Wish it was Hayden Panettiere (the real Kairi) as Kairi in Kingdom Hearts 3.

Ok, calm right the hell down, dude. This isn't the end of the world. This isn't gonna stop you from buying the game, is it? No? Then calm it down. It's not a major selling point, so calm it down.

13 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

I always preferred Hayden Panettiere, myself. I find Allyson Stoner doesn't have much emotion when she's voice acting. Just my opinion, but I find Hayden to be a better fit. But obviously Hayden is no longer connected to the series for some reason. She didn't record any new stuff for the collections, so her last true involvement was in the original KH3D back in 2012.

Realistically, her appearance in DDD was a cameo at best, considering Xion didn't appear much in that game. Literally her last appearance as Kairi was KHBBS, which was also a cameo, since Ariel Winter voiced her more in that game than she did.

10 hours ago, itsDON said:

Love Alyson Stoner to the moon and back but No. Unfortunately I cannot get excited about this when Disney and SquareEnix completely blindsided and disrespected Hayden Panettiere. They never even asked the woman if she was willing to come back for KHIII that is NEVER okay. Now I'm starting to worry about David Gallagher and Jesse McCartney. Neither of them have been confirmed to reprise their roles as Riku, Ventus and Roxas respectfully for KHIII.

YOU need to calm down too & stop worrying about things that make no sense to worry about.
First of all, blindsiding & disrespecting her? She hasn't voiced Kairi in 8 years. Frankly, I'm surprised people are surprised that Stoner's their now-defacto VA for Kairi in KH. It's not being disrespectful or blindsiding when they haven't had her do anything for them in even 6 years when she voiced Xion in a cameo for no reason in DDD. I'm surprised they even got her back for that.
Second, they got David Gallagher back as Riku & Jesse McCartney back as Roxas & Ventus. Just because they aren't confirmed doesn't mean they're not in it. Hell, I have an entire thread dedicated to predicting the VAs in this game & I've been 95% accurate thus far & the 5% was only from me underestimating who they were gonna get from Big Hero 6, Toy Story, & Pirates of the Caribbean. If they didn't record when some of the trailers came out months ago, they're definitely recording now. Not bringing them back, since their voices are pretty distinct (hell, Jesse uses his regular voice for the role, which would be pretty hard to imitate) would be just bad. These guys were even more recently brought back for 1.5, 2.5 & 2.8 (for Gallagher), so if you seriously think they wouldn't bring them back, you're stupid.
And before anyone says so, I know Stoner & Panettiere's Kairi voices are somewhat distinct, but it's not enough to where it makes the difference  like a male voice or another female voice in the series would be.

Edited by Scsigs

16 minutes ago, Scsigs said:

Realistically, her appearance in DDD was a cameo at best, considering Xion didn't appear much in that game. Literally her last appearance as Kairi was KHBBS, which was also a cameo, since Ariel Winter voiced her more in that game than she did.

That's actually a good point. Basically Hayden hasn't been heavily involved since KHII. I wonder if there was some friction with her contract or something so they decided to cut her loose. It's odd that they would just replace her for no apparent reason.

4 hours ago, Scsigs said:

Ok, calm right the hell down, dude. This isn't the end of the world. This isn't gonna stop you from buying the game, is it? No? Then calm it down. It's not a major selling point, so calm it down.

Dude calm down everyone has the right to express their opinions on something. I'm still going to have fun and enjoy this game because is one of the most anticipated games in 2019. But that doesn't mean I can't express my disappointed that Hayden Panettiere won't come back to voice Kairi. Especially since she said that Disney themselves didn't even tried asking her to reprise Kairi again in KH3. I have nothing against Alyson Stoner, but in my in opinion, Alyson Stoner's voice is better as Xion than as Kairi. Of course voice work is not the majoring selling point but I just prefer Hayden Panettiere over Alyson Stoner as Kairi. Anyway I know Alyson Stoner will do a decent job as Kairi. So I'm done with this topic and already move on.

4 hours ago, Allwil13 said:

That's actually a good point. Basically Hayden hasn't been heavily involved since KHII. I wonder if there was some friction with her contract or something so they decided to cut her loose. It's odd that they would just replace her for no apparent reason.

Hayden said on her Twitter that Disney didn't call her to voice Kairi again. So pretty much the studio just replace her.

46 minutes ago, Movies798 said:

Dude calm down everyone has the right to express their opinions on something. I'm still going to have fun and enjoy this game because is one of the most anticipated games in 2019. But that doesn't mean I can't express my disappointed that Hayden Panettiere won't come back to voice Kairi. Especially since she said that Disney themselves didn't even tried asking her to reprise Kairi again in KH3. I have nothing against Alyson Stoner, but in my in opinion, Alyson Stoner's voice is better as Xion than as Kairi. Of course voice work is not the majoring selling point but I just prefer Hayden Panettiere over Alyson Stoner as Kairi. Anyway I know Alyson Stoner will do a decent job as Kairi. So I'm done with this topic and already move on.

I was perfectly calm. YOU were the one who wasn't. Don't turn that back on me, dude. Read your original post back to yourself. I know that you're entitled to your opinion. However, swearing, even censored, at the fact that something's happening that you don't like isn't really indicative of someone whose opinions are really made to be reasonable. If you react like that with, & I quote, "That's bullsh*t" (which, nice editing your original statement to come off with a different tone after I told you to calm down, but a little too late), then proceed to say Panettiere is the real Kairi & this news is, "the worst casting news", I think my response is justified.

44 minutes ago, Movies798 said:

Hayden said on her Twitter that Disney didn't call her to voice Kairi again. So pretty much the studio just replace her.

And? Disney doesn't really have any obligation to call her back in. Neither does Square. They just needed a suitable actress to play her, which Stoner is. Square DOES have a tendency to get as many original actors & actresses back as possible & even cast based on factors like certain ones having dub actors in anime in the West (like how they wanted Chris Sabat to play Garland in some of the FF spin-offs because he played the same character the Japanese actor did in Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood; Major Alex Louis Armstrong), but they don't always do that. Alyson's a good actress anyways.  You said it's not a deal-breaker, so what's the problem? Should the have gotten Panettiere back? Maybe? Should anyone lose sleep over her not being called in? No.

And, they didn't just replace her out of the blue. They replaced her a LONG time ago. First with Re:Chain of Memories, then 358/2 Days, then 0.2, now this game. Adding up all of the places where both actresses have voiced Kairi or Xion, Stoner's got her beat on the Kairi front, since, like I said, Panettiere las voiced Kairi in 2009/10 for BBS & even then, Ariel Winter had more lines than her as young Kairi in that game. This decision isn't one they made cold-heartedly, nor one out of spite. They probably just thought Stoner was the more logical choice for the game, since she has a more close working relationship with them & Disney. By the way, she's not a bad actress either. If you consider her bad in these games, blame the voice direction, which is often hit-or-miss.

As you said, though, you're done with this. I'm just clarifying my points.