Web
Analytics Made Easy - StatCounter
Zimomo

POSSIBLE PLOT LEAK, BE CAREFUL

Apparently there might be a big plot leak around. Be careful. It may very well be fake, but after Monster's Inc I wouldn't trust anything. Damn 4chan. If this doesn't come out as fake in a few days, these will be 2 LOOOONG months.

Edited by Zimomo

2 minutes ago, Zeldablade7 said:

I'm seeing from twitter that it looks more fake than real. 

So far, only the leak with the assets and the screenshots was real but after FFXV got leaked many months before its release, I'm not taking any chances either. Trailers and worlds are one thing because those were something we were meant to see before release anyway, but story is a huge nope for me. 

Having read the leaks so y'all don't have to, and reading over a few different forums here and there, it sounds like wishful fan-fiction at best and straight up trolling at worst. I wouldn't worry (to the curious) about these being in any way legit, plus apparently the leak that everyone is talking about today was posted last week and no one paid any mind.

The real leaks to worry about are the ones that come in the 4 days between Jan 25-29. Anything before that take with a grain of salt.

Stay away thou if you don't want to take a chance, they say you give a monkey a typewriter and it'll put out Shakespeare eventually..

Edited by Fullmetal Keyblade

4chan leaks are usually fake. There's always the possibility that there will be real ones (Like someone leaking Incineroar, Ken, and Piranha Plant for Smash Ultimate). I don't believe this one's even a little real. That being said I'm not gonna pay any attention to leaks from now on.

3 minutes ago, Xanjoh said:

4chan leaks are usually fake. There's always the possibility that there will be real ones (Like someone leaking Incineroar, Ken, and Piranha Plant for Smash Ultimate). I don't believe this one's even a little real. That being said I'm not gonna pay any attention to leaks from now on.

Yeah, I just saw it myself, but I don't believe it, but it had some interesting things in there.

1 minute ago, KHLegendIII said:

Yeah, I just saw it myself, but I don't believe it, but it had some interesting things in there.

The "interesting" parts are why people shouldn't look if they absolutely don't want to see any plot spoilers , because some of it sounds like it could be possible, my guess is this is a guy with too much time on his hands and is trying to piece together what he thinks would be likely to happen. That's what makes it dangerous

13 minutes ago, Fullmetal Keyblade said:

The "interesting" parts are why people shouldn't look if they absolutely don't want to see any plot spoilers , because some of it sounds like it could be possible, my guess is this is a guy with too much time on his hands and is trying to piece together what he thinks would be likely to happen. That's what makes it dangerous

Yeah. Also, I was browsing through Twitter, and this user said that this 'leak' was posted more than once previously or something.:

Edited by KHLegendIII

Even if this leak is obviously fake, that shouldn't stop most of us from be careful around leaks especially now that we're so close to release. Most leaks of this caliber are usually fake, but there still that slim chance that there might be a leak like the one that spoiled the Monster's Inc. world too early. It's best to tread with at least some caution.

2 hours ago, Fullmetal Keyblade said:

Having read the leaks so y'all don't have to, and reading over a few different forums here and there, it sounds like wishful fan-fiction at best and straight up trolling at worst. I wouldn't worry (to the curious) about these being in any way legit, plus apparently the leak that everyone is talking about today was posted last week and no one paid any mind.

The real leaks to worry about are the ones that come in the 4 days between Jan 25-29. Anything before that take with a grain of salt.

Stay away thou if you don't want to take a chance, they say you give a monkey a typewriter and it'll put out Shakespeare eventually..

Thank you for throwing yourself into battle for us. :D

Really though, I did not expect them to be true but with leaks being a reality we've got to deal with, it wouldn't be a surprise if something would be posted way before the 25th. The Monstropolis leaks at least had a more credible source with the public server actually being there (though we couldn't be sure it belonged to SE), and images of the quality that were shown would be hard to recreate. But I guess I'm exceptionally cautious for anything story-related.

If we think about it, a lot of fans will probably have guessed certain things right since it's not the first KH game and there are theories galore, but claiming it's a leak has me cautious to read it because it's hard to determine whether it's true or not without reading it but you can't erase it once you did.

I would also be careful at least 1-2 weeks before the release date. Many people know of ways to get the games earlier through contacts or some stores just not caring, and if the games are meant to be on the shelfs on time, they would probably come in earlier rather than at the last second to manage that reliably.

2.8 was out a week earlier in most western countries because stores didn't care about the release date and there are always those who receive earlier copies and then go online with their Let's Plays, Playthroughs, etc. That's how it was with 2.8 and I doubt they can stop it occuring for KH3...

For example, I know the owner of a really small store and even his orders usually come in 3-4 days before release and he sold me copies because we're acquaintances. If someone is in the industry or connected to it, they will get it earlier than the 25th/29th and not all of them are opposed to spoilers.

Edited by Merilly

There's just a lot of contradicting things so i don't really believe it. Like a user said, they are missing confirmed worlds for this list so based on that alone i don't really believe it. A lot of it sounded dark enough for me to get behind, but again too many contradictions.

I read that information and I want to believe that's false. However, I can't deny that PART of that information could actually be true. It happened once to me, I found information that was supposed to be false, but it turned out some parts of the info were actually true. (It's a way to keep confused fans). So, I'm going to say there might be part of truth in the info. 

I personally would prefer the part with some beloved characters' death to be false, but I'm worried that it might actually be truth, considering the information revealed about the game in ESRB's description of "Kingdom Hearts". Especially the part where it mentioned this: <<A handful of cutscenes depict off-screen stabbings/impaling of protagonist characters>>. I just hope to be wrong about fearing. 

Ended up tracking the information down from a rather helpful fan on twitter, I agree with what we've stated so far and it does seem to be more fan fiction than anything, I mean I'm sure all of us can try and write the final battle one way or another. That being said, I did enjoy aspects of the supposed plot and would not object to those parts. Other than that things seemed a bit on the messy side, even for a KH title. 

In relation to the leaks etc, it's up to people how they handle them, my stance is 'incorrect, but interesting until proven otherwise.' The difference between the MI leaks and this was credible images and not purely some randomer writing something up. 

On 11/30/2018 at 2:33 AM, Ursalink said:

I read that information and I want to believe that's false. However, I can't deny that PART of that information could actually be true. It happened once to me, I found information that was supposed to be false, but it turned out some parts of the info were actually true. (It's a way to keep confused fans). So, I'm going to say there might be part of truth in the info. 

As I mentioned before, there's a good chance that quite a few fan theories will come true simply because there are so many and even if some part of supposed leaks became true, it would not mean those were real. After a game has gone gold, leaks would need to be at least 99% accurate for me to acknowledge that the one posting them actually had a credible source. Otherwise all those theory posts which will have some truth in them could also claim they were leaking stuff.

If I wrote a post with my theories, there's a good chance some of those would be correct, too and I could go around boldly proclaiming "I knew it because I had access to the game!" but in the end, all the wrong information has to be taken into account as well to determine if it's truly a leak to be believed. 

Spoiler

As for character deaths: I have a feeling at least half of the fanbase wants a character to die because it's allegedly darker and more edgy this way. I personally do not understand this sentiment because a series does not need deaths to be profound. KH is plenty dark without it and you don't need characters dying like flies to make it better.

Also, death is a concept that is very ambiguous in KH. I don't see a reason to permanently kill off characters when others are brought back who weren't even supposed to exist in the first place. As for the ESRB rating... Sora stabbed himself just to return 10 minutes later, Xehanort stabbed himself just to return again in all manner of forms in a variety of games, Maleficent got stabbed and returned later, Braig got stabbed and became a Nobody and was then likely restored back, just to mention a few, soooooo...

Kingdom Hearts is basically a huge festival of people stabbing themselves or others.

Edited by Merilly
Spoiler tag just in case

47 minutes ago, Fullmetal Keyblade said:

*coughs* inadvertently, those who wished to avoid posting plot spoilers may have posted some minor ones in the form of avoiding talking about the spoilers. 

c'est la vie?

I put it under a spoiler tag, even if it may be a little too late, though I still have no idea what the "leaks" actually entailed. xD' I apologize if that supported spoilers and will take responsibility for it in case anyone feels offended by my post.

16 minutes ago, Merilly said:

I put it under a spoiler tag, even if it may be a little too late, though I still have no idea what the "leaks" actually entailed. xD' I apologize if that supported spoilers and will take responsibility for it in case anyone feels offended by my post.

Don't apologise for offending, at least I'm not haha XD, but yes, if you squint too hard then there might be some spoilers here, perhaps it would be best to have the thread moved into the KH3 Spoilers. Just to err on the side of safety. 

Granted,in talking about the hypothetical , one is bound to mention the truth, or something close enough to it. Basically, the more we talk about leaks and spoilers the closer we get to accidentally spoiling ourselves 

Edited by Fullmetal Keyblade